User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:41   #1
starmog
Star teh mog0r

starmog will become famous soon enoughstarmog will become famous soon enough

new series

yay or nay??

a fool of a friend next to me says nay allthough after seeing ep 3 i say it rocks
insert here
starmog custom rank designed by Pyr0 rank design services lmtd.
starmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:41   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Big massive yay
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:47   #3
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:49   #4
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Last series yay.

This series so far a "we can't be bothered to properly explain why Jack and Kim have to be involved again" nay
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 10:50   #5
acousticset

acousticset is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG u people are really sad the series is awful, i mean calling something 24 when it last only 18 hours is bad enough but come on the first one was bearable the 2nd one is just plain awful, i mean jack bauer stub changes in every episode and the clock bleep really gets on my nerves. Plus its quite predictable.
acousticset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:09   #6
ELeeming
Cultured

Quote:
Originally posted by acousticset
1.OMG u people are really sad the series is awful,

2.i mean calling something 24 when it last only 18 hours is bad enough

3.but come on the first one was bearable the 2nd one is just plain awful,

4.i mean jack bauer stub changes in every episode and the clock bleep really gets on my nerves.

5.Plus its quite predictable.
1. Freedom of speech ect. even though you're wrong.

2. No, both series have 24 episodes, each lasting an hour hence the name.

3. Care to elaborate?

4. Because we saw him shaving at the end of episode 1.

5. Yes, nothing surpriseing happens at all.
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:09   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
OMG u people are really sad the series is awful, i mean calling something 24 when it last only 18 hours is bad enough but come on the first one was bearable the 2nd one is just plain awful, i mean jack bauer stub changes in every episode and the clock bleep really gets on my nerves. Plus its quite predictable.
Attracting flames again, are ya?
A real flammable person (or a gimmick).

I've only seen the first one though, and it was good.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:12   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
You seem to be forgetting that its made for US TV so the show has the ad breaks in. BBC dont have ad breaks hence they lose about 15-20 mins per episode bringing it down to 18 hours instead of the 24 in the US.

As for it being predictable....your joking right. With so many twists and turns theres no way this could ever be considered predicatble.

Oh and Black Dog they did explain why Jacks involved. He was the only person with the right background to be able to infultrate the gang on such short notice. And obviously once jack is involved Kim becomes involved to
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 11:16   #9
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Oh and Black Dog they did explain why Jacks involved. He was the only person with the right background to be able to infultrate the gang on such short notice. And obviously once jack is involved Kim becomes involved to
Precisely. It's a dodgy, unbelievable, shabby way for them to bring back a major character. It's like they're not even trying.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 12:56   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quite frankly, the assertion that these events happen in 1 day (terrorists plotting at midnight? why not get a good nights sleep and be fresh for your terrorising?) is ludicrous.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:01   #11
ScotWiZ

ScotWiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
24 ****ing owns
round 2: 22:14
round 3: 33:23 something
round 4: forgot
round 5: pay? you're kidding right?
ScotWiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:46   #12
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Quite frankly, the assertion that these events happen in 1 day (terrorists plotting at midnight? why not get a good nights sleep and be fresh for your terrorising?) is ludicrous.
I dont know...its not like the whole terrorist plot takes place during the 24 hour period. When we join the story its simply the end of all the planning. And i'm sure terrorist groups go out with the aim to take as little time to carry out the plan as possible. After all the longer you take the greater chance of being caught before you have finsished carrying out the act
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 13:59   #13
ELeeming
Cultured

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
I dont know...its not like the whole terrorist plot takes place during the 24 hour period. When we join the story its simply the end of all the planning. And i'm sure terrorist groups go out with the aim to take as little time to carry out the plan as possible. After all the longer you take the greater chance of being caught before you have finsished carrying out the act
And once you set things in motion for nukeing a city like LA, I think it would be very hard to pull the plug, which is how the tortured guy knew what day the bomb would go off.
God Told Me To Do It
Synchronise Your Dogmas
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 14:56   #14
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
It is great. Having seen up to episode 13 now, its well worth watching, much better than the first series.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:02   #15
acousticset

yeah it may be 24 shows but how can you compensate for the loss of 6 hours on the dvd.

The firsts season was bearable because it was something new and i could watch it just like dark angel. But the second series is just a new cop out for the producers to make more money, and has no real difference to it, its practically the same elements but mixed in with a different story, and again tehre will be the same hype at the end about somone dieing lets face it this series was only ever gonna work the first time, and now only the die hard fans who have nothing better to do, just like star trek fans who speak klingon.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:02   #16
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
2. No, both series have 24 episodes, each lasting an hour hence the name.
Only problem comes when you watch it on a telly channel which doesn't interrupt the viewing for adverts :-)
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:04   #17
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Quote:
yeah it may be 24 shows but how can you compensate for the loss of 6 hours on the dvd.
Same reason as in the post above.

24 hours of programming time = 6 hours of adverts & 18 hours of actual programme.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:07   #18
acousticset

yeah then shouldnt claim to call it a 24 hour show its false advertising and a con on the people who buy the dvd without watching the series. i mean 6 hours of advertising is ridiculous, havnt americans found out that posters are quite effective aswell. or are they so lazy that they cant be bothered to get off there ass and look.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:08   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
yeah then shouldnt claim to call it a 24 hour show its false advertising and a con on the people who buy the dvd without watching the series. i mean 6 hours of advertising is ridiculous, havnt americans found out that posters are quite effective aswell. or are they so lazy that they cant be bothered to get off there ass and look.

How the hell do you think commercial television stations pay their bills?
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:11   #20
acousticset

yeah but 20 minutes for every hour is a bit much here in the uk its about 10-15 if that.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:12   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
yeah but 20 minutes for every hour is a bit much here in the uk its about 10-15 if that.
So what you're saying is 'Americans are stupid and fat because their television stations put out 5 more minutes of advertising an hour'?
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:19   #22
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
It's weelly good.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:20   #23
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Are there eight episodes when everyone is asleep?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:20   #24
A2
#planetarion

Quote:
I believe (but I may be wrong) that there's some rule somewhere which says that over a 24 hour period there can't be more than 12 minutes of advertising per hour (on average)
So if they do 15 mins in one hour then they have to do 9 mins in one hour later that day to compensate.
Try watching ITV/C4/C5 about 3 or 4 am and you'll see them building up spare time by only showing about 5 mins of adverts per hour.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 15:32   #25
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by A2
I believe (but I may be wrong) that there's some rule somewhere which says that over a 24 hour period there can't be more than 12 minutes of advertising per hour (on average)
So if they do 15 mins in one hour then they have to do 9 mins in one hour later that day to compensate.
Try watching ITV/C4/C5 about 3 or 4 am and you'll see them building up spare time by only showing about 5 mins of adverts per hour.
Well I certainly know what I'm going to be doing at 3/4am tomorrow thanks to that suggestion!!! SLEEPING
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 16:17   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 24

Quote:
Originally posted by starmog
yay or nay??
Amazingly big yay.

Though granted, it's better if you watch the DivX's, as having to wait a week for a new episode each time can put you out of the story quite a bit. But it's by far the best series I have seen in quite a while.
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 17:39   #27
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally posted by A2
A2's right here. Once you get to about 1am (especially ITV) you will find that the Programs follow on from each other without an ad break and where an ad break is in the middle of the program you end up with a station ad, a normal ad followed by another station ad then back to the program.

They do this to save up time so they can shopw more ads during peak times. TV stations in this country are also very sneeky about the way they do it as well. You can guarentee an hour long program will always start 2 or 3 mins late and finish about 5 mins before the end of the hour. They then throw the normal 10-15 min of ads spread over the 3 conventional uk ad slots but becuase the the late start and early end arent interrupting your viewing you generally forget about them when you take the number of ads into consideration.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 28 Feb 2003, 18:01   #28
Rachael
Ryan Stiles

Rachael has a spectacular aura aboutRachael has a spectacular aura about
One big huge yay I love this program and already cant wait for the third series