User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Oct 2010, 23:46   #1
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
multihunters are utter fail

my ruler name has been changed without warning of even letting me know it had been done by multihunters.

orginal ruler name : "3 words - sux to be"

(planet name is "adding 4th - YOU")

could someone please enlighten me as to what is wrong with this?

as the MHs clearly have no need to explain their dictatorial sensorship.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 00:04   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: multihunters are utter fail

I don't care.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 07:19   #3
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

I don't care that you don't care.

In other news, today I decided to give up trying to get my name changed; it goes back to the Zebra Punch case starting about a week ago. The least painful option is to pretend that MHs don't even exist.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 08:37   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Hello.

On behalf of the multihunter team, I'd like to state that you're wrong, and the multihunter team won't be commenting more on this subject because they cannot discuss cases in public. However, your name could be found demeaning towards women, household cats, or George Washington.

If you don't like the decision, quit the game.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 15:15   #5
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
However, your name could be found demeaning towards George Washington.
That sounds far closer to the truth than any reasoning anyone would get from these multi-failures.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 18:58   #6
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Hello.

On behalf of the multihunter team, I'd like to state that you're wrong, and the multihunter team won't be commenting more on this subject because they cannot discuss cases in public. However, your name could be found demeaning towards women, household cats, or George Washington.

good idea. i will make this my last round. apparently someone complained about my name.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 19:30   #7
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Another Ace decision I guess.

Never seen a person that much incompetent.. I don't really understand why the MHs aren't exchanged as so many people apparently have problems with their fail decisions.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 19:33   #8
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I personally love reporting names that could be interprited as abusive. Best trolling there is!

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2010, 23:03   #9
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

so these names are wholly acceptable?

The Fun of Bums

The Early Rise of Mr Cockerel

i am 9 of sixtynine

Fudge of Packer

Vagijn Alliantie

sorry to bump a fairly old post but i fail to see how any of these escape moderation when there are far more obvious connotations to them however i assume no1 has reported them so they don't exsist? clearly there a few in my very short list that are prolly not offensive to most people however since the MH appear to change them at a whim when someone complains i included them since potentially they could be offensive.

What im trying to say, as many others are, either moderate and set a precedent or leave people to use names that could be perceived as offensive
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2010, 00:13   #10
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebos View Post

sorry to bump a fairly old post but i fail to see how any of these escape moderation when there are far more obvious connotations to them
Actually, it´s because the MH team suffers from lack of brains. They randomly throw dice to decide whether a name is abusive or not, don´t listen to arguments, deliberately misspell or mispronounce names, ignore official definition of words and other stuff.

Appearantly being a retard is the mainly requested qualification to join the MH staff.

Tbh, if I wasn´t so utterly addicted to this game (or maybe just the people I play with) I´d have quit about those completely incompetend ****s long ago. They´re pretty much the definition of bad customer care.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2010, 12:11   #11
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

While I agree that some planet and ruler names cross over the line, I do completely disagree with lack of response from MH when a case arises.

More communication would help stem the backlash.

However the fact that a few people use planet and ruler names, to try and win some sort of "battle of wits", is pretty tiresome.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2010, 14:43   #12
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think that someone just need to understand that if they are in borderline with offensive R/P or fleetnames, the MH's will come down on them.
Unread 20 Nov 2010, 07:37   #13
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
my ruler name has been changed without warning of even letting me know it had been done by multihunters.

orginal ruler name : "3 words - sux to be"

(planet name is "adding 4th - YOU")

could someone please enlighten me as to what is wrong with this?

as the MHs clearly have no need to explain their dictatorial sensorship.

Quoted for truth.

Can anyone give me a logical reason as to why FUKUNG is allowed as a fleet name, yet FU KUNG isnt?

#mh needs to up their dose of reality.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2010, 07:47   #14
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Get a life, who cares.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2010, 17:05   #15
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

I find this amazing, it used to be that people got a warning and an invitation (upon threat of closure) to attend the MH channel or respond using the support/mh tickets.

Every man and his Monkey complained about this, and may I say most vociferously, and the suggestion was made *by many* that the offence hardly warranted a threat of closure and should just be dealt with?

So the "team" took this on board and the idea/suggestion was implemented, and now it is the case that R/P and Fleet names are changed and the user is advised of this, they then have an opportunity to put a suggestion for a new one, and if suitable it is allowed.

This to me seems quite reasonable.

And yet people still complain?

FYI this is how it works:
R/P names are gone through at pre-start usually by at least 2 members of the team at which point any blatantly offensive ones are dealt with, others that may have a double meaning or be considered as possibly offensive are discussed by all the team and a consensus is agreed along with a course of action.

As the round progresses, there are occasional checks, but mostly the new planets that may have dodgy names are reported via various methods. Fleet Names generally are reported, but there are random checks done about once a week by team members who go through all the fleet names.

Whilst this is not ideal, you have to consider that no one MH does the Job full time, all of them have a RL and work, have kids, grandkids etc so it is not possible to always act "instantly" when something may be offensive, or give offence.

The alternative to changing what are considered to be offensive/abusive names is to go back to how it was previously, or to not allow players to pick any names at all, and just have all planets as a number/letter sequence?

I think that the current system whilst not perfect, is good, less intrusive, and allows for some flexibility, the very few idiots that decide to push the boundaries round after round (and it is always the same morons) deserve everything they get.
Unread 20 Nov 2010, 17:28   #16
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think its the system people are complaining about Judge, as long as the MH send a mail out when they rename a planet/fleet saying that its been renamed and they are free to join #multihunters if they wish to change it to something else.

Its just the same complaints about 'this isnt really offensive so why has it been changed' but that can never be solved as the MH's would rather be over-zealous than let things slip which may cause offense. Which in some ways, is the right thing to do.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2010, 18:19   #17
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I dont think its the system people are complaining about Judge, as long as the MH send a mail out when they rename a planet/fleet saying that its been renamed and they are free to join #multihunters if they wish to change it to something else.

Its just the same complaints about 'this isnt really offensive so why has it been changed' but that can never be solved as the MH's would rather be over-zealous than let things slip which may cause offense. Which in some ways, is the right thing to do.

see above " R/P and Fleet names are changed and the user is advised of this, they then have an opportunity to put a suggestion for a new one, and if suitable it is allowed. "

The user is advised in both cases, the Fleet Names are treated slightly differently in that the player may have the ability to change his fleet names removed for a given period, or the whole round (depends how bad it is)

In regard to R/P names the user is again told about it and has the opportunity to suggest a reasonable alternative.

There are no "Arbitrary" changes made just for the hell of it.

But as i said above it is always the same people who wish to test the water round after round, they deliberately find obscure words and phrases that can be offensive when the actual meaning is investigated.

The fact that the MH team do not have to justify there views and opinion is what sticks in the craw of the players, but that is just tough luck, if you do not want to spend your time arguing about it then don't commit the offence.
Unread 20 Nov 2010, 19:17   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That settles it then. Judge thinks it's reasonable. I think the rest of us should now be able to agree something is seriously ****ed.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 Nov 2010, 23:31   #19
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

So, we had the roundly, or half-roundly MH are utter shit thread now, anything interesting going besides this?
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2010, 03:13   #20
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
see above " R/P and Fleet names are changed and the user is advised of this, they then have an opportunity to put a suggestion for a new one, and if suitable it is allowed. "

The user is advised in both cases, the Fleet Names are treated slightly differently in that the player may have the ability to change his fleet names removed for a given period, or the whole round (depends how bad it is)

In regard to R/P names the user is again told about it and has the opportunity to suggest a reasonable alternative.
I know what the system is, i was repling to your post which implied people were complaining about the system.. When in reality, they was complaining about the MH's being over-zealous in what they find offensive.

Quote:
But as i said above it is always the same people who wish to test the water round after round, they deliberately find obscure words and phrases that can be offensive when the actual meaning is investigated.

The fact that the MH team do not have to justify there views and opinion is what sticks in the craw of the players, but that is just tough luck, if you do not want to spend your time arguing about it then don't commit the offence.
Ive personally got no real problem with the MH's being over-zealous. Sometimes its lol's to see what they find offensive but overall, if the user isnt being branded a cheater and forced to join a channel for a telling off (plus has the ability to rename there planet/ruler if it wasnt extremly/blatently offensive) then i dont care.

P.S. Dont lecture me on a system which i campaigned for. http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=105
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 21 Nov 2010 at 03:20.
Unread 21 Nov 2010, 09:44   #21
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy View Post
So, we had the roundly, or half-roundly MH are utter shit thread now, anything interesting going besides this?

Unfortunately not,

Maybe it is the boredom factor ?

Maybe it is because the MH's are prohibited from taking part in an active discussion on the processes they undertake?

It is always easy to take cheap shots at people who are unable to reply.
Unread 21 Nov 2010, 11:20   #22
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

The return of the king

i would please like to report that p/r name.

the return = which means backing up aka bending over aka sexual reff.
the king = is what many pple call their male genitals.

plz help.
ktnxs.

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2010, 11:36   #23
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Same old Same old i guess, Allthough i have seen several cases of R/P names being changed, for no reason anyone can understand.
(zebra punch)

Like said above, if you walk the border there is change of it happening, and Don't really get what all the fuss is about. Not like your getting closed over it.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2010, 13:11   #24
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Maybe it is because the MH's are prohibited from taking part in an active discussion on the processes they undertake?
The "unable to participate in a discussion" is such a convenient way to avoid responsibility for your failures. Since five hundred idiotic overzealous decisions concerning planet or ruler names, we're still to see a thread say explaining how and why p/r names are generally found against the code (say, why "eagle punch" or "catnip" might be offensive - I can see how these could both be demeaning towards women).

Quote:
It is always easy to take cheap shots at people who are unable to reply.
It's also easy to take cheap shots at proven, publicly branded idiots.
Unread 21 Nov 2010, 15:54   #25
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
The "unable to participate in a discussion" is such a convenient way to avoid responsibility for your failures. Since five hundred idiotic overzealous decisions concerning planet or ruler names, we're still to see a thread say explaining how and why p/r names are generally found against the code (say, why "eagle punch" or "catnip" might be offensive - I can see how these could both be demeaning towards women).

It's also easy to take cheap shots at proven, publicly branded idiots.

What really amazes me is how clueless some people are.
Unread 22 Nov 2010, 00:55   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't understand what the problem with explaining yourselves publicly is. I don't see what the issue is with explaining why certain p/r's are out of bounds, even in specific cases.

Quote:
Hello.

With my mod hat on, this is pretty much a borderline troll which offers absolutely nothing to the forum users, who have a wider interest in understanding your logic in making decisions such as this, given that users have asked for some clarity on this issue, time and time again. Either give people a proper explanation, or don't post at all on the issue.

Last edited by lokken; 22 Nov 2010 at 01:02.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2010, 18:44   #27
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I don't understand what the problem with explaining yourselves publicly is. I don't see what the issue is with explaining why certain p/r's are out of bounds, even in specific cases.
In specific cases it's obviously some kind of a NDA. On a more generic level, there probably is no reason apart from not having time/motivation/the feel of responsibility for it.

Quote:
With my mod hat on, this is pretty much a borderline troll which offers absolutely nothing to the forum users, who have a wider interest in understanding your logic in making decisions such as this, given that users have asked for some clarity on this issue, time and time again. Either give people a proper explanation, or don't post at all on the issue.

It's as exact an answer as anyone is able to give. On a thread that's been rolled over and over, the kind of "We won't answer, but you're wrong and we're right, we know the details" -slogan is what you will get from the party who is ultimately able to answer the question.

You do understand, right, that the only people in this discussion that are able to give a proper explanation on this subject, are, as mentioned not only by yourself, the very people who refuse to participate in the discussion on any level (even on an abstract level that would not necessarily have to do with case per case situations)?

I said "The "unable to participate in a discussion" is such a convenient way to avoid responsibility" because I meant that addressing such issues would promote transparency in the staff activity and possibly answer repeated questions people have over the subject; however, the obvious path of action chosen is to simply take distance from the discussion.
Unread 22 Nov 2010, 23:09   #28
Judge
Doh!

In reply to the issue of the MH's commenting, not all the MH team sign an NDA, only the senior members, but that said we give our word that we will not discuss specific cases.

This is for a number of reasons, not least of which is to protect a player from unwarranted attention, it may well be that our discussion of an issue could result in disclosure of details that the player may wish to keep to himself (or her).

As for explaining single decision is made, well that is down to practicality, they simply do not have the time.

Also it is invariably the case that the player "knows full well" the alternate meaning of there chosen R/P and is basically just coming the twit -i +a

In realistic terms most players who are in dispute about there chosen R/P are there because they chose to push the boundaries, and to further discuss the issue only adds to the problem as it then allows them a platform to argue.

By denying the argument it denies further problems, where a player may attempt to personalise or escalate the issue.
Unread 23 Nov 2010, 00:40   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
This is for a number of reasons, not least of which is to protect a player from unwarranted attention, it may well be that our discussion of an issue could result in disclosure of details that the player may wish to keep to himself (or her).
In most of the cases that crop up on these forums the player in question brings it up so it's fairly safe to assume they're okay with the issue, er, being brought up.

Quote:
As for explaining single decision is made, well that is down to practicality, they simply do not have the time.
Obviously not every single decision needs to be explained. Just the few that seem so patently absurd, ie this one, or affect a large number of people, ie zebra punch.

Quote:
Also it is invariably the case that the player "knows full well" the alternate meaning of there chosen R/P and is basically just coming the twit -i +a
Double entendres are half the fun of life itself. The question is where these become offensive and worthy of being removed. I mean my own r/p this round is THE ENORMOUS SIZE of MY ERRR EGO. Now, because I decided that being annoyed by multihunters denying me various r/ps before I came across one that was okay was better than having my r/p changed midround to something I found painfully moronic, I actually had this approved pre-round. However to me my own r/p seems far more offensive than the r/p that led to this thread. I mean, it's not exactly hard to guess what I'm referring to with my r/p and I can imagine how someone might find someone else referring to their penis size not-so-subtly offensive. I really can't see how sucks to be you is offensive. I mean there are no sexual connotations in that phrase at all.

Quote:
In realistic terms most players who are in dispute about there chosen R/P are there because they chose to push the boundaries, and to further discuss the issue only adds to the problem as it then allows them a platform to argue.
Not really. Most people are just offended by the fact that as the game has shrunk from one played by 40,000 people to one played by less than a thousand the multihunting team has managed to preserve their jackass-like existence by inventing new rules to enforce and spending ever increasing amounts of time enforcing them. Further those people are offended by the aloof, bureaucratic nature of the multihunters when they do manage to unearth such horrendous offences as naming your planet "sucks to be you". Finally people don't like the fact their r/p choices are restricted beyond what they think is fair.

In realistic terms the main problem is in how much of a pack of faggoting jobsworths the multihunters insist on being an alarming amount of the time.

Quote:
By denying the argument it denies further problems, where a player may attempt to personalise or escalate the issue.
What is this, the principle of multihunter infallibility? This is the same sort of logic as "imprison everyone and then there'll be no criminals roaming free!"
Unread 23 Nov 2010, 01:09   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not just going to sit here and let people go "la la I'm not telling you" and post as if you're antagonising the users of the forum (and enjoying it) just because of some NDA. If you can't see why the post I quoted pisses people off without adding anything to the discussion then we're not going to get on here. I repeat myself: post appropriately or not at all.

With respect to double entendres, the whole point is that by the time someone has worked out what it means, it's probably not offensive to them at all, as they're mature enough to understand the titillation behind it. That doesn't mean people can be crude or crass in their p/r but something like "The Donkey Punch of A Boxing Mule" should clearly be allowable because there's a perfectly innocent reading of it.
Unread 23 Nov 2010, 08:28   #31
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I'm not just going to sit here and let people go "la la I'm not telling you" and post as if you're antagonising the users of the forum (and enjoying it) just because of some NDA.

However this is exactly what the multihunter team has always done (albeit in more words and elaborate fashion) in these cases. (and the plethora of ex-multihunters and groupies that wind up telling about these things). As long as the multihunters persist with their method of not responding to anything or not putting down any time into explaining what kind of things are typically no-no in this game (we all know account sharing is. however, is "donkey punch", or "mad cat punch", or "dead doggy tailswipe" nasty? because "zebra punch" is).
Unread 23 Nov 2010, 17:46   #32
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It is often the case when the argument is lost, people turn to insults.
Concerning the MHs, there is no argument to be lost. They don´t pick it up at all.
People might resort to insults as they´re offended by the ignorance and refusal of discussion though.
It´s pretty much worthless to argue with the MH staff anyway as they refuse to listen to whatever argument one brings up. This is most annoying. Maybe they should just make a single "We don´t give a **** about you" post and announce they will abuse their "power" at random occasions.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2010, 23:14   #33
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Please try and be nice to each other.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 17:55   #34
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

The way i see planet/ruler names which have a double meaning, is that if i got a child to read it.. would they understand/know the offensive meaning? If not, then the planet shouldnt be closed.. especially if i didnt even know the double meaning until i spent 20minutes on google looking for a reference.
Unread 24 Nov 2010, 19:15   #35
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
spent 20minutes on google looking for a reference.

The sheer multitude of different cultures in the world and the relative ease of access to information on them means that, pretty much anything you ever type to the planet/ruler name part, will probably be deemed offensive by someone somewhere after a 20 minute google crunching.
Unread 18 Jan 2011, 23:02   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought I'd bump this thread again. Can the multihunters please stop changing people's r/ps to things they might find amusing personally and pick something ****ing objective like "planet 1 of ruler 1" or something. I do not want to see "4 3 3 TheTrials shoe shoppers" on top of the most roiding planets because some dribbling cretin thinks they have the right to gain amusement from their job at the expense of other people.
Unread 18 Jan 2011, 23:10   #37
PistNBroke

PistNBroke is an unknown quantity at this point

Can people not even mention their job title in their ruler name?!!!
What is the point of changing ruler names that are not directly offensive *sigh*
R13-30 ROCK HC/DC/BC/Bar Tender
R37 on Ascendancy
R40 Special appearance for rock
HEROES WILL SMURF YOU UP
ROCK FTW!!!
<3 Orbit
PistNBroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2011, 23:26   #38
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I thought I'd bump this thread again. Can the multihunters please stop changing people's r/ps to things they might find amusing personally and pick something ****ing objective like "planet 1 of ruler 1" or something. I do not want to see "4 3 3 TheTrials shoe shoppers" on top of the most roiding planets because some dribbling cretin thinks they have the right to gain amusement from their job at the expense of other people.
That's hypocritical.
Unread 19 Jan 2011, 11:55   #39
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

I for one think the multihunters should be congratulated for doing something worth discussing, debating, and getting emotional about in a game which has otherwise become a snoozefest of epic proportions (judging by posts on these forums that don't concern controversial planet / ruler names).
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2011, 03:37   #40
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
I for one think the multihunters should be congratulated for doing something worth discussing, debating, and getting emotional about in a game which has otherwise become a snoozefest of epic proportions (judging by posts on these forums that don't concern controversial planet / ruler names).
I dont really have a problem with the MH's regarding ruler/planet names anymore. Yes, they should be renamed to default things like Ruler001 of Planet001 until the player gets the chance to rename (if they wish) but apart from that... This system is the only real suitable system they should be using. Its a hell of alot better than the 'closure' system we had before.
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 21:37   #41
Judge
Doh!

Can't believe this is still going ?

Oh well same old same old.................
Unread 22 Jan 2011, 23:58   #42
Reincarnate
ToF

Quote:

There are no "Arbitrary" changes made just for the hell of it.

sorry to bump this thread but i was never told about the name change and never told i could go to #mh to change it. also, it is the only time i have ever have a r/p name change so to start that is always the same "morons" is completely inaccurate and an offensive generalisation.

Unread 23 Jan 2011, 10:59   #43
Markb
PA Team

Markb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the roughMarkb is a jewel in the rough

What Judge posted above is no longer the case

From http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=rules

Quote:
Abusive R/P or Alliance name
Punishment: R/P will be changed by the Multihunters without the option of getting it renamed.

NetGamers Senior CSC Administrator
Markb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2011, 11:58   #44
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Unread 23 Jan 2011, 15:12   #45
tulsa
Registered Loser

tulsa will become famous soon enoughtulsa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
some dribbling cretin thinks they have the right to gain amusement from their job at the expense of other people.
Wow! That man is HOTT over a planet name!

It should come as no surprise that the arrogance of the current MH team would be expressed in planet renaming. From my experience they deeply enjoyed closing planets without justification before, so a simple renaming isn't going to fill their evil hearts. So prepare to be flamed, all those who dare to toe the line of PATSA decency!

At least you get to change your planet/ruler name mid-round. If they were more ambitious they would sell mid-round name changes for a peso or two.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2011, 23:03   #46
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Charizard, i choose you!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote