User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Dec 2013, 17:54   #1
Jibajav

Jibajav is an unknown quantity at this point
PA Overhaul

In light of this rounds's farming incident, and I recall something happening in the last 2 weeks of last round, I feel the need to make another post to start discussion on re-vamping the game. Personally, I'm fed up with the politics and lying that I've witnessed, both in this game and in real life, and would actually like to see a major overhaul to PA:

-Alliances scrapped, you would only be on a team with your gal mates, numbers can be decided upon later but I would think 20 or less.
-Defense would only happen within the galaxy
-Change ETA's so that people can sleep at night, most likely eliminating pre launch. Possibly even limit the amount of incs on a galaxy at a given time
-Update the PA Alliance attack page so it can act like the other pages the alliances currently use. If there's better technology and easier coordination outside of PA, why not implement that in PA and eliminate the need of several extra tools to play the game?
-IRC removed and replaced with a chatbox on the side of the browser with the options of either talking in your galaxy, to the universe, or whisper to an individual. This coding exists in many MMO's and I would hope this would reduce the possibility of cheating and politics aimed at ruining some people's rounds. Probably have the MH's able to see all chat, even whispers.
-Score based more on good strategy and not mostly fleet size. It could be because I don't play often, but it seems to me that the top planets are pretty much decided by the last week of the round. What I mean is that someone ranked around 250 or so has pretty much zero chance of making the move to top 10 in that last week. Even where I'm sitting around 150 I seriously doubt I have a chance of breaking top 50. To this point the thought of spending xp on improvements/bonuses should be pursued
-Probably scrap cov ops, they're just annoying anyway right now.

I leave the discussion up to the rest of the community as I'm not sure I'll be around much anymore. My hope is to get discussion going for positive changes in the future of PA. If you disagree with my suggestions, that's totally fine, all I ask is that a new suggestion be provided instead and that all try to stay away from simply bashing anyone's ideas.
Unread 12 Dec 2013, 23:15   #2
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: PA Overhaul

Well im not sure what removing IRC would do, its more convenient and available for chat than keeping a browser open ... even if you unsponsored it people could and would still use it.

Being a top fleet size planet isnt all its cracked up to be ... if you are the number 1 value planet all round you actually have less chance of getting top 3 finish because other planets around you can land for XP ... another problem is as a top value planet lol waves can crash land on you and hurt you while you get no salvage or gains from it like smaller planets do. Basically having your fleet set to fight and killing the enemy off can cost you more than just letting your allies do it as a top planet.

Galaxies ... interesting idea but I think it would really lead to one or two top galaxies bashing the rest, this round was actually interesting how even now its a neck and neck fight for several full tag allies.

IMO pa should try some different things ... maybe have a standard ship (no steal or cloak) and a PDS round ... maybe a no self exile round ... just add in a bunch of different things that make everyone have to play different and change it up.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2013, 06:55   #3
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
IMO pa should try some different things ... maybe have a standard ship (no steal or cloak) and a PDS round ... maybe a no self exile round ... just add in a bunch of different things that make everyone have to play different and change it up.
Oh how i long for PDS
Unread 14 Dec 2013, 10:09   #4
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Might I suggest that we also scrap attacks with ships, its annoying to lose roids :/
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2013, 11:03   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Everyone agrees there should be an overhaul. Which things should be overhauled is the contested issue.

Well, that and the money.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote