User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 May 2004, 10:25   #1
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Eonium + Subverting - Stealing

Im not quite sure if this thread maybe is PD material. Anyway. Ill put it here as a suggestion.

When I started playing PA, I read somewhere that the war was all because of the eonium. Thats what everyone needed for fuel etc. Well I suggest eonium costs for launching ships come back, and that ships dont cost eonium anymore. I really liked it better back then. The struggle for eonium was really a fun aspect of the game...Also, can you please(if you havent already) have a pull where Stealing challenges the Subverting?? I loved to play Zikonian when there was stealing, but there is no way I will be playing them aslong as there are subverting...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 16:24   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Eonium + Subverting - Stealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Also, can you please(if you havent already) have a pull where Stealing challenges the Subverting??
By a "pull", do you mean a poll, or have a tug-of-war contest where subverting and stealing fight it out to see who wins?

I have the feeling that neither will do much about the situation, and i am also a bit of a fan of Subversion. It has great untapped potential to become really good - just waiting for someone to exploit it and create havoc .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 19:00   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

poll

my writing sucks, i know.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 08:43   #4
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

With the strategy that is currently being pursued in Beta and beyond, each race needs to be capable of getting easy roids from a race or two, and is easily roided by a race or two. A Zikonian would be able to compensate for all weaknesses by stealing the best ships of every race. I mean every defence, he's all but guaranteed to pick up some new pods. With exclusive targetting, this gets to be a real balancing headache, and they're right not to allow it anymore. Subversion has some cool things that can really play with your opponent's head if they aren't careful.
Unread 25 May 2004, 15:51   #5
Bode
Unknown

Bode can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I have the feeling that neither will do much about the situation, and i am also a bit of a fan of Subversion. It has great untapped potential to become really good - just waiting for someone to exploit it and create havoc .
, I found a nice way to use Subversion that got me about a week of covert ops against me and my friend. He sent an attack on a Xan with his Zik fleet. The basic Scythe, Pod, Gladius combo. We expected that the xan would send his Sirtalis and Nascius away. So me being a xan myself. I sent about 3000 Sirtalis and about 50 Nascius to defend. When both fleets got their the Xan had roughly 8000 elaphes there for defense. When my friends Scythes subverted my BS and Sirtalises, he elaphes took a pretty big hit. My friend got some nice roids and I got the XP by defending. Needless to say, Subversion can be used to ways that a lot of people just don't see. Next round, if you go Zik, mess around with a battle calc and see what kind of damage you and your friends can do.
Bode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 02:29   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bode
I sent about 3000 Sirtalis and about 50 Nascius to defend.
lol! you are one cheeky bastard, mate
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 09:08   #7
fuz

fuz is an unknown quantity at this point

not to mention sending scythe to attack and stiletto to defend..
fuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 09:56   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

u don;t get XP for defending - your only gian would have been salvage - still its an exclelent plan

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 12:38   #9
Churchil5
Newly Reformed

Churchil5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been away for a while... what does subverting do?
Churchil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 14:48   #10
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

rather than stealing ships, zik nowadays borrow them for that tick

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote