User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 May 2004, 16:34   #1
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Valhalla

I just want to put two thumbs up for the Valhalla alliance. This round they have proved themself to be the perfect alliance for anyone new to the game. Hopefully you can keep it up next round.

Planetarion needs alliances like Valhalla badly.

Keep up the good work plz!
Unread 19 May 2004, 16:53   #2
Guran
Puppet Master

Guran will become famous soon enoughGuran will become famous soon enough
Re: Valhalla

Valhalla rawks!
Guran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 17:29   #3
BoredOfThis
Still Dreadnought

BoredOfThis is an unknown quantity at this point

/me awaits the proud to be fang thread next by kjeldorkan
BoredOfThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 17:53   #4
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

just like to say that i'm impressed with what Valhalla have achieved as well this rnd. Keep up the good work etc.
Unread 19 May 2004, 17:55   #5
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

what the others said, appart from dread, great work guys

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 18:10   #6
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran
Valhalla rawks!
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 18:24   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Indeed.. Valhalla did really impress me a lot. Well done guys
Unread 19 May 2004, 20:14   #8
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

Good going Valhalla and good luck next round.
Unread 19 May 2004, 20:39   #9
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Yeah you guys done well this round, hope to see you keep up the good work next round
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 20:52   #10
fuz

fuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats with a nice first round valhalla
fuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2004, 22:26   #11
meedax

meedax is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for all your kind words guys. Valhalla has been successful due to the dedication of many of its members, both new and experienced. Respect is due to all those that have mucked in, from members to HCs.

I think I can safely speak for the majority of the alliance in saying that we've had a great time and have forged a strong community spirit. I hope that the new players will continue playing in round 11, be it with us or another alliance.

A lot of hard work is going on to make improvements, we have learned many lessons....

See you all next round!

meedax - Valhalla HC
meedax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 03:52   #12
TheBerk
dazed and confused

TheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant futureTheBerk has a brilliant future

id like to say i was proud to be in Valhalla, many nights of sleep were lost due to staying up and talking to other members until the early hours. most defence calls i saw (and made) were heeded and defence organised, attacks were planned with smaller members in mind as well as bigger members allowing all to join the roiding fun

sadly i will not be joining Valhalla next round, my path lies elsewhere, but to all who stay in Valhalla, from the bottom of my heart, thankyou for a great round, and happy hunting in the future.
TheBerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 15:25   #13
omslemming

omslemming is an unknown quantity at this point

sadly I to will be leaving valhalla next round, due to the collapse of the proposed merger with empire into EoV a number of members have lost faith in the alliances will to progress and have decided to form our own alliance with goals more suited to our own. watch this space.

The merger into EoV would have taken valhalla into the next round as a very strong alliance however due to hc stubboness and unwillingness to share power within 'his' alliance the merger collapsed and Valhalla are progressing into the next round as just that Although valhalla have had a good round this round I am not convinced that with a hc who seems to hell bent agaisnt change or progression that may taint 'his baby' Valhalla can go forward much more.

Odin I have nothing agiainst you or valhalla I appreciate your reasons for wanting to hold on to what you have worked so hard to create if thats the way you want to play the game thats fair enough, but I do have more ambition then valhalla will allow if your ways stay like this and as such have decided to move on, change is needed to progress in this game and mergers are the only way for small alliances to carry on like it or not that is my view.

I have enjoyed my time in valhalla and hopefully when we get the new alliance started we can at least be allied with you guys, we have nothing against any of you and have enjoyed playing this round with you, we merly have higher goals then being in valhalla at the moment will allow the collapse of the EoV merger and the reasons behind that collapse woke us up to this.

Watch our for the creation of a new alliance for rnd 11 very soon set up by experienced players from valhalla this round who share the same views.

thrashedtodeath
omslemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 23:44   #14
Stealth
Potentate

Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by omslemming
sadly I to will be leaving valhalla next round, due to the collapse of the proposed merger with empire into EoV a number of members have lost faith in the alliances will to progress and have decided to form our own alliance with goals more suited to our own. watch this space.

The merger into EoV would have taken valhalla into the next round as a very strong alliance however due to hc stubboness and unwillingness to share power within 'his' alliance the merger collapsed and Valhalla are progressing into the next round as just that Although valhalla have had a good round this round I am not convinced that with a hc who seems to hell bent agaisnt change or progression that may taint 'his baby' Valhalla can go forward much more.

Odin I have nothing agiainst you or valhalla I appreciate your reasons for wanting to hold on to what you have worked so hard to create if thats the way you want to play the game thats fair enough, but I do have more ambition then valhalla will allow if your ways stay like this and as such have decided to move on, change is needed to progress in this game and mergers are the only way for small alliances to carry on like it or not that is my view.

I have enjoyed my time in valhalla and hopefully when we get the new alliance started we can at least be allied with you guys, we have nothing against any of you and have enjoyed playing this round with you, we merly have higher goals then being in valhalla at the moment will allow the collapse of the EoV merger and the reasons behind that collapse woke us up to this.

Watch our for the creation of a new alliance for rnd 11 very soon set up by experienced players from valhalla this round who share the same views.

thrashedtodeath
Well said, those are the exact reasons why I'm leaving.

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2004, 03:24   #15
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

I've been closely observing Val/EoV and it was all I could do not to post something similar to omslemming myself. But some of that information wasn't for one such as me to announce.

If you're new or allianceless, allow me to direct you to ToF on the Recruitment boards. Do not waste time or effort stroking Odin's ego.

Lots of people like the feeling of being in charge and being important to other people. Many fewer people are competent enough to deserve being a leader. Valhalla's current leadership, (Odin specifically) most emphatically does not deserve to be in charge of their own planet much less a whole alliance.
Unread 21 May 2004, 05:37   #16
Stealth
Potentate

Stealth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
I've been closely observing Val/EoV and it was all I could do not to post something similar to omslemming myself. But some of that information wasn't for one such as me to announce.

If you're new or allianceless, allow me to direct you to ToF on the Recruitment boards. Do not waste time or effort stroking Odin's ego.

Lots of people like the feeling of being in charge and being important to other people. Many fewer people are competent enough to deserve being a leader. Valhalla's current leadership, (Odin specifically) most emphatically does not deserve to be in charge of their own planet much less a whole alliance.
Thank you for your support Cayl, and yes ToF (Tides of Fire) is a new alliance made up of the competent Valhalla HC's and former Empire & Valhalla members.

From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2004, 08:34   #17
pathogen
Pathogen

pathogen has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Indeed things did go pear shaped in Valhalla but i wish the best for them now and as many of the members or may be all of them know i will be creating ToF sorry im leaving guys [ToF]Pathogen (usually known as [Val]Vidar -=HC=-)
pathogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2004, 08:50   #18
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

damnit, this are the threads i missed the last rounds \o/

/me punches spinner to get more planets in
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2004, 12:35   #19
meedax

meedax is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope none of this is directed at me....
meedax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2004, 14:32   #20
Bode
Unknown

Bode can only hope to improve

Meedax, speaking as the one that initiated most of the change, none of this is directed at you or any other HC that stayed behind in Valhalla. I saw you in action and strongly believe that between you and the other HC, you were the ones running the alliance. I simply saw the potential of the alliance members and began the process of preparing them for next round. I congratulate you on a good round and a good job with Valhalla.

To follow suit of the other members, I want to let everyone know what happened with Valhalla. It seems the Odin was more concerned with consolidating his power and ruling over the other HC's than actually working towards a strong alliance. And contrary to Odins belief, I have not split the alliance. I showed the members what could happen when true leadership stepped forward and lead them into the next round. As in most classically managed situations, change and the emersion of leadership within the ranks was discouraged. After having an argument with Odin in the private channel in front of most of the active Valhalla members I realized that the only thing I was doing was bringing me to his level. By spending time arguing we were wasting valuable time that should be spent planning out next round. I also saw that many members were confused as to what was actually going on. Before the meeting I was banned from all Valhalla channels. Odin had a lot of time to work on tarnishing my name. During the ‘meeting’ members didn’t know who to believe once the whole story got out. I decided that at this point, the members should have to choose who to follow and worry if they made the right decision.

Therefore, I announced my departure from Valhalla, the disbanding of Empire and the death of EoV. I knew that the only way these alliance members could move on would be under new leadership that neither I nor Odin could provide. I made this sacrifice in the hopes that one of the HC would step up and fill the void left and lead the Valhalla members into next round. After this announcement several HC approached me to help them take over EoV. This idea spawned Pathogen (formerly Vidar, who was formerly a strong supporter of Odin) to form ToF. Pathogen is a strong leader and began to realize this while seeing the destruction of his beloved alliance. Pathogen realized that the alliance is not a name but a grouping of friends and trusted allies. I wish I could be there with him to help ToF as a member but it is best if I move on. Good luck ToF and Valhalla in the next round. I see great potential in ToF HC and ToF members.

And if anyone wants to give praise to Valhalla for a good round please acknowledge the Valhalla High Council. They were the ones that kept Valhalla running and they were the ones with the respect of the members. Congratulation to Valhalla HC, job well done.
Bode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2004, 00:26   #21
Valor

Valor is an unknown quantity at this point

well played on a good round, Valhalla
Valor is offline   Reply With Quote