User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Mar 2017, 17:04   #501
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice
Re: R70 prediction & drama thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I know atleast two people who used scan bots to fulfill scans for #scans. You will know this too cos you are all knowing so you are as guilty as the cheaters....
he will report #scans to the PA Police now...
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 17:14   #502
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
I know atleast two people who used scan bots to fulfill scans for #scans. You will know this too cos you are all knowing so you are as guilty as the cheaters....
Wonder why the scans are so slow in #scans then, ive never had my scans instantly delivered.
Guess they figured out this shit with a random timer then?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 17:20   #503
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
he will report #scans to the PA Police now...
Do you even know what type of scan bot we are talking about?
I dont think you actualy do.

Unread 5 Mar 2017, 17:58   #504
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Pretty certain you don't either.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 18:59   #505
Sandvold

Sandvold will become famous soon enoughSandvold will become famous soon enough

Quote:
#scans on irc works exactly the same way as a scanbot. So ye if you used #scans then you are as much of a cheater as everyone that's used one in an alliance. If the person is online and logged in the scan request gets opened automatically and pasted to chan. If the guy don't isn't logged in, this won't happen.

Only thing the "scanbot" autoopen the link and paste it to chan. it's not very hard to "make" just search for IRC http catcher + find some kind of automatic script for win/mac whatever that paste the link. Peronsally when i've been scanning I can't use it whatosever as it opens links at every possible time, so makes the comp unusable.
Sandvold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 19:25   #506
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
You are so dumb it's unreal. I fully know what one is as I openly said a while back that my old ally used one. I also know plenty of alliances have also used them as finding people will to dedicate 7 weeks to be a 24/7 bitch is hard sometimes, especially when stats are good.

The fact that PA is soooo reliant on scans but makes it almost impossible for any competing planet to have them early on enough to make a difference is retarded. I think scanbots are great, one should be open sourced like Merlin was and Appoco should make them legal
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 19:56   #507
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
Yes, we used one in Rogues when i was HCing there, and also 3 or 4 odd alliances iv been in have used them
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 20:49   #508
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvold View Post
#scans on irc works exactly the same way as a scanbot. So ye if you used #scans then you are as much of a cheater as everyone that's used one in an alliance. If the person is online and logged in the scan request gets opened automatically and pasted to chan. If the guy don't isn't logged in, this won't happen.

Only thing the "scanbot" autoopen the link and paste it to chan. it's not very hard to "make" just search for IRC http catcher + find some kind of automatic script for win/mac whatever that paste the link. Peronsally when i've been scanning I can't use it whatosever as it opens links at every possible time, so makes the comp unusable.
Wich of the #scans scanners is using a "autoopen script"?
Everytime ive requested scans the last 2-3 rounds the request has taken from 8 minutes to 7 hours to recieve?

Doesnt matter how fcking simple it is to cheat, it doesnt make it more acceptable.
It does not take much to set up a multi/farm or whatever, still its against the rules.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...3&postcount=96

Unread 5 Mar 2017, 20:52   #509
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
You are so dumb it's unreal. I fully know what one is as I openly said a while back that my old ally used one. I also know plenty of alliances have also used them as finding people will to dedicate 7 weeks to be a 24/7 bitch is hard sometimes, especially when stats are good.

The fact that PA is soooo reliant on scans but makes it almost impossible for any competing planet to have them early on enough to make a difference is retarded. I think scanbots are great, one should be open sourced like Merlin was and Appoco should make them legal
The discussion isnt wether scanbot is usefull or not, its about wether its illegale or not.
I dont give a flying fck how many of your ex alliances also were built around cheating, apparently most of them by the sound of it.
Untill its actualy allowed to have a autoopen scan script, it should be should be punished as much as everything else that is AGAINST the rules.

Unread 5 Mar 2017, 20:52   #510
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Yes, we used one in Rogues when i was HCing there, and also 3 or 4 odd alliances iv been in have used them
Obviously Rogues was known to be a cheater stronghole, and we have allready been over the Rogues use of scansbots in a earlier thread iirc.

Unread 5 Mar 2017, 21:30   #511
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Quote:
Obviously Rogues was known to be a cheater stronghole, and we have allready been over the Rogues use of scansbots in a earlier thread iirc.
i wasnt in rogues for long due to differences between myself and Fizz/Blink can you explain who?/how? they cheated (curious) i took 2 or 3 rounds off after rogues
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 21:45   #512
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
i wasnt in rogues for long due to differences between myself and Fizz/Blink can you explain who?/how? they cheated (curious) i took 2 or 3 rounds off after rogues
Go browse the forum, im sure you cant miss it.

Unread 5 Mar 2017, 22:20   #513
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Quote:
Go browse the forum, im sure you cant miss it.
that takes effort i thought you could enlighten me
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 22:36   #514
Sandvold

Quote:
Wich of the #scans scanners is using a "autoopen script"?
Everytime ive requested scans the last 2-3 rounds the request has taken from 8 minutes to 7 hours to recieve?

Doesnt matter how fcking simple it is to cheat, it doesnt make it more acceptable.
It does not take much to set up a multi/farm or whatever, still its against the rules.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...3&postcount=96
That's something totally different that influence writes. Influence talk about an acutal bot that can sign in from a commmand. Bascially there is no way of controlling if mIRC opens a link automatically or if it gets clicked. For me it wouldn't possible to run anyway, would be quite bothersome having a lecture and scan links popping up every 2 min

If PA-crew wanted to stop it from being possible it would be very easy. Basically the Merlin bot does 95% of the work already, so if pa-crew wanted to change this just rewrite the scan page, now you just ad scan id+coords in the link and if u click it the scan gets done. Some rewrite of this page and it would be a lot harder unless someone rewrote the merlin code.
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 23:00   #515
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
That's something totally different that influence writes. Influence talk about an acutal bot that can sign in from a commmand. Bascially there is no way of controlling if mIRC opens a link automatically or if it gets clicked. For me it wouldn't possible to run anyway, would be quite bothersome having a lecture and scan links popping up every 2 min

If PA-crew wanted to stop it from being possible it would be very easy. Basically the Merlin bot does 95% of the work already, so if pa-crew wanted to change this just rewrite the scan page, now you just ad scan id+coords in the link and if u click it the scan gets done. Some rewrite of this page and it would be a lot harder unless someone rewrote the merlin code.
You need to re-read it.
Influence said that only having a "auto login bot" was illegale. appoco followed up with that any script that auto opens links is illegale.

Az mz allready said that a lot of stuff can be made harder when it comes to cheating, but most will sitll be doable.
MHs/PA crew/etc cannot controll/ban all cheaters, its a community problem, and yourself is a prime example why cheating is still so acceptable in diffrent alliances around the universe.
"We will continue cheating untill they make it harder to cheat"

Unread 5 Mar 2017, 23:12   #516
Sandvold

Quote:
You need to re-read it.
Influence said that only having a "auto login bot" was illegale. appoco followed up with that any script that auto opens links is illegale.

Az mz allready said that a lot of stuff can be made harder when it comes to cheating, but most will sitll be doable.
MHs/PA crew/etc cannot controll/ban all cheaters, its a community problem, and yourself is a prime example why cheating is still so acceptable in diffrent alliances around the universe.
"We will continue cheating untill they make it harder to cheat"
So the cov op target which you accepted into alliance after being farmed by your members isn't a much worse violation then me not bothering about someone running a script that opens a link?
Unread 5 Mar 2017, 23:34   #517
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
So the cov op target which you accepted into alliance after being farmed by your members isn't a much worse violation then me not bothering about someone running a script that opens a link?
As a alliance with open recruitment, we do accept many people that has either been attacked by us or has been attacking us earlier in the round.
I can assure you that prior to accepting him into alliance i had no idea that he was being cov-opped by any of us, or by any other alliance.
If anyone is caught cheating in bows they will be kicked, we have a no tolerance towards people cheating in our alliance.
Its just Bram speculating towards that it was some kinda planned farming, wich i can assure it was not, atleast not from my knowledge

Unread 6 Mar 2017, 08:55   #518
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

As long as it's a game of opening URLs, it's pretty much impossible to stop anyone from writing a script or two that does things automatically for him/her (and to whomever else). OFC, some patterns would show up eventually, but add a random variation to login and reply times etc. and it'll be pretty much impossible to tell if it's a script or a person that does the clicking. AND it's about as impossible for any HC to tell if a member is using something like that as it's to PA MH team, you just can't know what a persons computer is doing if you don't have access to it (or the person willingly admits to using something like that, and even then, (s)he could still be lying to show off or something stupid like that).

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 10:14   #519
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That's something totally different that influence writes. Influence talk about an acutal bot that can sign in from a commmand.
Both types are illegal. Both interact with the PA server without requiring user interaction, in ways that are not explicitly allowed by PA Team. That's the definition of a bot.

Quote:
Bascially there is no way of controlling if mIRC opens a link automatically or if it gets clicked.
Do you mean 'checking'? Because while that's true (people can build in random delays, for instance), it's not really relevant. If done well, there's no way to tell the difference between a cousin and a "cousin" either, yet we don't allow multiing either.

Well, most of us anyway.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 12:04   #520
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

If the t20 was investigated every round using a more subjective criteria, imo it would be already something very good. I really don't care if someone uses a cousin to reach t200.

Until we start seeing bots that control many planets easily, I dont think effort should be put in detecting those out of game automatons or making their working harder, as it usually makes our life even more hard.
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 15:37   #521
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

folk only try cheating because they generally get away with it... stricter MHs are needed
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 15:43   #522
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
If the t20 was investigated every round using a more subjective criteria, imo it would be already something very good. I really don't care if someone uses a cousin to reach t200.

Until we start seeing bots that control many planets easily, I dont think effort should be put in detecting those out of game automatons or making their working harder, as it usually makes our life even more hard.
What criteria?

Beyond account sharing I'm interested to see what viable criteria you can come up with to test them. There is literally nothing outside ips and in-game mails that the MHs have the ability to check. Anything that is blatant is punished, anything done more sneakily cannot be proven.

Rather than making the rules more strict to push people to be more sneaky (and harder to catch) we should relax the rules and embrace certain areas of 'cheating' and make them a game feature. That way it's far easier to regulate.
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 15:58   #523
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
What criteria?

Beyond account sharing I'm interested to see what viable criteria you can come up with to test them. There is literally nothing outside ips and in-game mails that the MHs have the ability to check. Anything that is blatant is punished, anything done more sneakily cannot be proven.

Rather than making the rules more strict to push people to be more sneaky (and harder to catch) we should relax the rules and embrace certain areas of 'cheating' and make them a game feature. That way it's far easier to regulate.
The most used criteria by the community: "I think it is cheating."
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 16:01   #524
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Issue is here that butch3r muddies the water when it comes to cheating, he needs to define clearly what he means as he seems to start with what certain people do to get the win, ship/roid farming, when failing to prosecute them due to lack of evidence or mh he rightly targets scan bots but then seems to expand the scan bot to anyone using scripting to help in scanning.

my definition of scan bot is that which was run by a certain alliance some rounds ago where there was a command used by hc on the bot to log in the planet and start scanning, the bot would return the captia image to allow a responce to login. there was no action made by the owner of the planet, though the owner in this case may of been a multi anyway.

I would suggest focusing on the cheaters who cheat for personal gain, where it is easy to define the actions as against the rules and focus on proving and enforcing.

I tire of the war against scripts that butch3r has been on because he is calling some things cheating that have been confirmed by PA Team as within the rules.

Go after those who use bots to login and do actions without registered users action, ship farming and roid farming.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 16:19   #525
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
Issue is here that butch3r muddies the water when it comes to cheating, he needs to define clearly what he means as he seems to start with what certain people do to get the win, ship/roid farming, when failing to prosecute them due to lack of evidence or mh he rightly targets scan bots but then seems to expand the scan bot to anyone using scripting to help in scanning.

my definition of scan bot is that which was run by a certain alliance some rounds ago where there was a command used by hc on the bot to log in the planet and start scanning, the bot would return the captia image to allow a responce to login. there was no action made by the owner of the planet, though the owner in this case may of been a multi anyway.

I would suggest focusing on the cheaters who cheat for personal gain, where it is easy to define the actions as against the rules and focus on proving and enforcing.

I tire of the war against scripts that butch3r has been on because he is calling some things cheating that have been confirmed by PA Team as within the rules.

Go after those who use bots to login and do actions without registered users action, ship farming and roid farming.
We have been through this shit allready.
A script that automaticly does the scan request for you with no human interaction, except loggin in ofc, is against the rules.
I cannot comprehend how people have a hard time understanding this, or accepting it.
It was put dead to rest in earlier threads/rounds when Influence/Black-Flag and people claimed that it wasnt against the rules.

Yes, having someone logging into the scanner account, or the scanner account being a multi would be cheating aswell obviously.

Unread 6 Mar 2017, 16:29   #526
fortran

A few things I would easily punish a planet without much thought:
- crashing pods during the early ticks and soon joining the target's ally.
- some cases of crashes on the same planet which were set as covered in ally soon it appears in red page. I would look into the crashed planets. Planets created just for crashing should be easy to identify and group.
- intentionally dropping security before being cov opped for ships.
- a planet in the early ticks aiming only planets which soon are moved to c200
- escorts which during earlier ticks were roided, cov oped or crashed pods in the planet.

Also, I wouldn't use closure as only punishment, I would adopt temporary bans (5d-10d) according to the level of cheating I judged.

Imo subjective analyses like those would cause some whining, but if people are really complaining, with enough working force they would deal with all the cheating in the game.
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 16:40   #527
Sandvold

Quote:
- some cases of crashes on the same planet which were set as covered in ally soon it appears in red page. I would look into the crashed planets. Planets created just for crashing should be easy to identify and group.
- escorts which during earlier ticks were roided, cov oped or crashed pods in the planet.

Also, I wouldn't use closure as only punishment, I would adopt temporary bans (5d-10d) according to the level of cheating I judged.

Imo subjective analyses like those would cause some whining, but if people are really complaining, with enough working force they would deal with all the cheating in the game.
Agree that all these things should be red flagged
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 17:33   #528
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

agree, focus on these. will say though, i cant count the number of times i have been covert opped and upped my defence, a day or two later drop it after catching no one and hit again a tick or two after.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 18:25   #529
fortran

Quote:
agree, focus on these. will say though, i cant count the number of times i have been covert opped and upped my defence, a day or two later drop it after catching no one and hit again a tick or two after.
That's why the people analyzing should know how to judge. If your cov oper robbed ONLY that kind of ship which he can use to steal pods to turn his fleet optimum, it will be really odd for sure. Even more in some cases where that kind of ship is clearly not part of your build and only a small amount was created only to be sole at base.

I would also look into the cov opped planet behavior, if he is often online during some part of the day and convenient stayed offline during the same part while was being cov oped it would sure look suspicious.

Finally, imo, previous round relations should be checked. At first we have the nicks and in which alliances were they. One could secretly run a script registering for each planet who were their best buddies along the round. Wouldn't it be awesome to see one's best escort in one round giving pods in the next?

Also, unless someone creates a script to monitor those behaviors, the MH will work based on reports from the players. In the case of cov oping, two situations would call the attention: optimum ships steal(for pods stealing) and optimum (and repetitive) fleet steals.

It will still not be perfect. At least will make cheaters work harder.
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 18:43   #530
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:

No sorry this again is all circumstantial.

All these can be explained via innocent reasons as GM stated and tbh if I had dedicated 7 weeks to get t3 then someone who hasn't played a planet in 5 years closed me cos I dropped my alert, or set a call to covered and got let down ingal or because my alliance has an open door recruitment policy for crashers or made friends mid round with a late joiner who I raided in the first few days I would be absolutely livid.

Please please please stop coming up with stupid reasons to punish people and put your efforts into an environment where the game isn't a twat to play (need for dedicated scanners) and is fair across the board. Not some dictatorship where if you put one toe outta line you are BANNED
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 19:45   #531
fortran

Or close the thread each time the topic changes to cheating, coz the game can't beat cheating without being eventually unfair.
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 20:02   #532
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

This mIRC script is all it takes to meet the official definition of botting:
Code:
on *$:TEXT:/(https?.\/\/game\.planetarion\.com\/waves\.pl\?id=[1-8]&x=[0-9]+&y=[0-9]+&z=[0-9]+)/S:#scanchan:{
  url $regml(1)
}
It looks for people pasting scan URLs and opens them automatically. This causes the scan to be added to the ally DB, where the person who pasted the scan can view it. More advanced features can be added, but this is already illegal.

All you can legally do is display scan URLs. The only actions that may cause a scan to be done is a human opening a scan URL, a human entering coords, ticking checkboxes and pressing buttons in the browser that are all in the normal interface as served by the PA servers. In all scenarios, a human must click a button or open a link. A program, scripted IRC client, IRC bot, Greasemonkey script or robot may not.

I get it, everyone hates Butcher, and he's on a bit of a self-righteous crusade here. Again. But unfortunately he's not wrong.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 20:21   #533
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I would have thought the scanning cheat & problem pretty easy to fix; now that alliances are ingame why can there not be an option for having the alliance control scans? They can build amps and research the scans as any planet would do, they need to make the choice between their alliance scans having cat or ter characteristics, and the HC gets to decide who has the ability to use the scans. As such it does not fully replace scanners so people can still go scanner if they wish, yet it helps those who cant find anyone to scan and levels the playing field. If you want to make the ability less good then you could have it so that the alliance scanner can be cov opped unless a certain number of security centres are built so that these scanners will never have the most amps in the universe.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 20:49   #534
[DDK]gm

its been a problem for years, having to relegate our most active guys to go scanner and to have more than 4 players scanning in a round when we are already struggling for numbers. a better solution requires development of the game.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 20:55   #535
fortran

Or you can make alliances capable of building more interesting things like:
- scan tech / amplifiers
- mining tech / construction giving 0.1% to members income
- trade tech / construction reducing in 0.05% what is eaten by the fund
- military tech / construction increasing in 0.4% the number of ally fleets per day
- science tech / construction increasing in 0.5% member's researches
- production tech / construction increasing in 0.5% member's constructions

The scan tech could have all levels, each one making one scan available
The other techs could gradually increase the speed which the constructions are made.
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 21:10   #536
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
its been a problem for years, having to relegate our most active guys to go scanner and to have more than 4 players scanning in a round when we are already struggling for numbers. a better solution requires development of the game.
Having amps is part of the game, if you dont need them, dont build them.
Apprime managed to win the round without having a single scanner above 150 amps.

Unread 6 Mar 2017, 22:31   #537
[DDK]gm

so that proves that scanbots are not the thing to be focusing on ;p
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 6 Mar 2017, 22:54   #538
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
so that proves that scanbots are not the thing to be focusing on ;p
Though its the simplest thing to remove for anyone alliance HCs out there, unless like Sandvold they are supporting cheating.
MHs has no tools, or ability to hunt down scanbots efficiently.
Whats wierd is that a apparently, 60+ planet tag all cheated more or less, and nobody had the balls to report it.

Unread 7 Mar 2017, 07:11   #539
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

If moru was a bot, he was sucking at it. Hardly ever online if no one called and scans got done a bit randomly, you got one, didn't get another... And apprime members all had plenty of amps to scan for themselves. I wasn't even close to most member amps and I could scan like 85% of uni.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
Unread 7 Mar 2017, 12:16   #540
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Having amps is part of the game, if you dont need them, dont build them.
Apprime managed to win the round without having a single scanner above 150 amps.
Why would you need more than 115 amp scanner in tag to win?
There was 4(!) players in the universe that he was unable to scan, 3 of em barely made top 500.

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2017, 16:12   #541
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbe View Post
Why would you need more than 115 amp scanner in tag to win?
There was 4(!) players in the universe that he was unable to scan, 3 of em barely made top 500.
Ofc you dont need a scanner in tag when you can have scan bots outside of tag.
Didnt you get what i was aiming at?

Unread 7 Mar 2017, 16:33   #542
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

Moru was in tag, no other accused scanbots close to apprime, try another troll.

Unread 7 Mar 2017, 17:24   #543
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
Moru was in tag, no other accused scanbots close to apprime, try another troll.
I dont remeber anyone mentioning any names, but thanks for clarify for us who the culprint behind the scanbot-cheating scandal was then, Moru apparently.

Unread 7 Mar 2017, 18:06   #544
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
I dont remeber anyone mentioning any names, but thanks for clarify for us who the culprint behind the scanbot-cheating scandal was then, Moru apparently.
Actually moru was named here about 10 times prior to this post. Please fact check better. And as tobbe says. Why do you need a mega amp scanner when xan isn't good in the stats and 95% of the uni have less than 40 dists pee tick 800
Unread 7 Mar 2017, 18:44   #545
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Ah your right.
Sorry, it was stated moru who was the culprint of the cheating.
Got confused with noxious saying that scans didnt get done automaticly

Unread 7 Mar 2017, 21:07   #546
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you're going to throw around cheating accusations don't be careless.

Generally I'm not really sure scan bots are much of an issue. Part of the game was designed when people barely had mobile phones, and in the modern era I doubt they make much difference. The cheating that HCs should stand up to are those who basically have lackeys as farms, have friends often in other alliances to hold roids for them, and use pnaps to survive. Two of these are clear examples of cheating that actively damage the integrity of the rankings. Maybe the likes of mz will disagree but I think HCs should act where they see cheating if they give a damn about the game.
Unread 7 Mar 2017, 21:35   #547
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Generally I'm not really sure scan bots are much of an issue. Part of the game was designed when people barely had mobile phones, and in the modern era I doubt they make much difference. The cheating that HCs should stand up to are those who basically have lackeys as farms, have friends often in other alliances to hold roids for them, and use pnaps to survive. Two of these are clear examples of cheating that actively damage the integrity of the rankings. Maybe the likes of mz will disagree but I think HCs should act where they see cheating if they give a damn about the game.
This didnt work when the 1up v exil vsh support planets was in place (r15) when there was a keeping up with the jones mentality the same mentality exists with scanners using scripts that are illegal.

The difference is that there was superior MHs back then compared to today. the best remedy is to have alliance scans ingame in the same manner as the alliance defence fleets.
Unread 7 Mar 2017, 21:45   #548
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
This didnt work when the 1up v exil vsh support planets was in place (r15) when there was a keeping up with the jones mentality the same mentality exists with scanners using scripts that are illegal.

The difference is that there was superior MHs back then compared to today. the best remedy is to have alliance scans ingame in the same manner as the alliance defence fleets.
I know that alliance HCs have no desire to do that. I'm saying that they should.
Unread 7 Mar 2017, 23:14   #549
[DDK]gm

i made a comment regarding another alliance about cheating before, based on intel provided by clouds and assurances the evidence would be given to me.... that ended in a troll war round for CT and ofc clouds failed to live up to his side of the deal. be careful who you accuse and trust.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 8 Mar 2017, 09:38   #550
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

I can say it again: if MoRu was running a script, it was about as usefull as Farmer-Bob thinking straight. I dunno if he was or wasn't, but it defo wasn't worth it if he was. Scans got done even more random than if it was me doing them. AND I named MoRu as he was the "only" scanner in Apprime, which was accused of having a scanbot. "Only" in the sense that we the members that weren't dedicated scanners ended up doing our own scans (and some for those with less amps).