User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 19 Oct 2014, 10:01   #1
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Petition

New MH / Support team, with Fiery in charge...
We can't seriously expect this game to be viably ran, when the Head and most of the staff is doing jack shit and don't have time at all.

This isn't a role you do for honor or the title, this is something that requires time and effort. This is a tick based game that runs around the clock, when the persons who can make decisions barely have time to spend 2 minutes pr day, if that? Then ofcourse that is bad for the game and the community!

Would love to see Ace and the others explain themselves as to why they are so dead set on having those meaningless roles.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 10:54   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Petition

I'm not sure what you're asking for. What's your complaint? You want Fiery gone? Or a new support team with Fiery in charge?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 11:01   #3
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking for. What's your complaint? You want Fiery gone? Or a new support team with Fiery in charge?
the latter, a new support and mh team with Fiery or someone who is dedicated to the task.
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 12:56   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Id say lets just drop the whole idea of having MHs, allow cheating for a few rounds and see if that can help the game grow.
When Armageddon/ChronoX/NoXiouS did not get cheating for their farming last round, there is no hope for stopping the cheating.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 13:25   #5
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Id say lets just drop the whole idea of having MHs, allow cheating for a few rounds and see if that can help the game grow.
When Armageddon/ChronoX/NoXiouS did not get cheating for their farming last round, there is no hope for stopping the cheating.
plz stop flogging this dead horse.
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 13:46   #6
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
We can't seriously expect this game to be viably ran, when the Head and most of the staff is doing jack shit and don't have time at all.

This isn't a role you do for honor or the title, this is something that requires time and effort. This is a tick based game that runs around the clock, when the persons who can make decisions barely have time to spend 2 minutes pr day, if that? Then ofcourse that is bad for the game and the community!

Would love to see Ace and the others explain themselves as to why they are so dead set on having those meaningless roles.
Signed.

When Ace finds time to warn/close me for 'abusive' fleet names but not time to contribute anything to game improvements anymore, then something is wrong.
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 14:21   #7
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

if a new team is to drastic a change then atleast try to add someone active in the mh team.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 14:57   #8
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Why would anyone invest so much time to this game if they have a real life going on and this game doesnt really give any profit? This game would need major changes in gfx/design/graphics/easy tutorial for newbees and advertisment to be able to get any profit in the future. But therefor someone with money would have to invest into the game. So if there is nobody willing to do that, there is really no point in discussing anything, unless you find some dedicated and skilled fans that would do the required designing and coding for free...
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 15:29   #9
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Why would anyone invest so much time to this game if they have a real life going on and this game doesnt really give any profit? This game would need major changes in gfx/design/graphics/easy tutorial for newbees and advertisment to be able to get any profit in the future. But therefor someone with money would have to invest into the game. So if there is nobody willing to do that, there is really no point in discussing anything, unless you find some dedicated and skilled fans that would do the required designing and coding for free...
Nothing of this is related to the topic.
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 16:15   #10
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What you're saying about Ace, is the exact same reason Fiery stepped down from being head MH after everyone said the same things about her.

Its not about who's in charge, its that they're all shit with no actual foresight in what they can or should do with regardless to the rules. It took 10+ rounds for them to stop closing people for abusive fleet names and instead warn or turn off that feature. They also used to operate a close first then come into #multihunters so they can tell you off for being naughty (and so they get to act superior) even for the most minor of offenses; This was all when Fiery was in charge as well.

They don't actually discuss the rules each round, what needs changing, what could be done better, what problems occurred. They just idle and only step up and think something needs changing after they get backed into a corner for someone exploiting a loop hole.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 16:27   #11
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

After waiting two weeks for Ace / the Multihunters to answer a simple question of mine, I eventually gave up.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 17:51   #12
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post

Are you still crying about the Rainbow who crashed useless ships into two planets near round start? I meant 'cheating'?? lul
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 19:21   #13
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

If something is not based on method it has to rely on skills and judgment. The quality of the process depends on the level of those two.
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 19:45   #14
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nothing of this is related to the topic.
Yes it does, because you expect people to invest time and energy in something they have done for years, getting tired with and not getting any reward or money for it. Why should they bother? I think my post pretty much explains the source of the problem...
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2014, 20:07   #15
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Yes it does, because you expect people to invest time and energy in something they have done for years, getting tired with and not getting any reward or money for it. Why should they bother? I think my post pretty much explains the source of the problem...
If some are burned out for doing free stuff, then they should step down and let others who might/will volounteer for it. Why should everyone suffer because of these persons not bothering? And yet they need to have this "power/role". It is destructive for the game and community.

Only thing you explain is a small fraction of a larger picture, and imo my point still stands. As these people can be replaced for the sake of those who do cares.
Unread 20 Oct 2014, 07:12   #16
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
If some are burned out for doing free stuff, then they should step down and let others who might/will volounteer for it. Why should everyone suffer because of these persons not bothering? And yet they need to have this "power/role". It is destructive for the game and community.

Only thing you explain is a small fraction of a larger picture, and imo my point still stands. As these people can be replaced for the sake of those who do cares.
We struggle to find someone to make a decent set of stats, what on earth makes you think we can find a competent mh leader or team??

I assume this basically is your application to be one yes??

I don't actually believe Ace does a bad job, I think his hands are tied on a lot of stuff and he gets no praise for anything he does so why frankly should he give a ****??

Zeke is completely right in what he says, the MH team is the least of our concerns right now..... Vision, investment and leadership from the PA team is.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2014, 10:23   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have no love for Ace or the MHs in general. My interactions with them are uniformly negative, as has every interaction I've seen.

But we should all remember that MHing is by far the most thankless job in all of PA. As a multihunter, you interact only with people who are pissed off. They're either pissed off they're closed, or they're pissed off because someone else should be closed and isn't, or they're pissed off because someone is closed and shouldn't be. And keep in mind, the MHs are amateurs. Well-meaning amateurs, to be sure, but amateurs nonetheless. They have no training in customer service, no experience with help desk work, they're just dumped into the refuse pit that is #multihunters, ready to be pelted with monkey shit for the remainder of their tenure.

So what's the upside? There isn't one. They're unpaid. No, a free credit does not count. Their contributions are never publicly respected or even acknowledged, not by PA Team, not by the player base, and definitely not by their 'customers'.

Is it any wonder they all turn into pricks? Ye reap what ye sow.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 20 Oct 2014 at 10:43.
Unread 20 Oct 2014, 17:16   #18
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
We struggle to find someone to make a decent set of stats, what on earth makes you think we can find a competent mh leader or team??

I assume this basically is your application to be one yes??

I don't actually believe Ace does a bad job, I think his hands are tied on a lot of stuff and he gets no praise for anything he does so why frankly should he give a ****??

Zeke is completely right in what he says, the MH team is the least of our concerns right now..... Vision, investment and leadership from the PA team is.
No it was not my application to be one.

And in what sence does Ace do a good job, or did you mean his real job and not the role as MH leader? As i have no idea what he does for a living, but when it comes to his role as MH. Then i have yet to see an overall good or close to good performance from him. Please go in detail if you KNOW otherwise, it doesn't seem he has any interest in speaking for himself here.

And both you and Zeke are completly wrong imo, yes this game has other concerns... But the issue im bringing up is a VERY easy quick fix, and should had been done ages ago already. And will be a huge step in the right direction.

If you need to get paid for everything you do, then you are a greedy and selfish person. And i'm sure we have several people in this community still, that are neither and would volounteer if there was a possibility for it.
Unread 20 Oct 2014, 17:21   #19
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
But we should all remember that MHing is by far the most thankless job in all of PA. As a multihunter, you interact only with people who are pissed off. They're either pissed off they're closed, or they're pissed off because someone else should be closed and isn't, or they're pissed off because someone is closed and shouldn't be. And keep in mind, the MHs are amateurs. Well-meaning amateurs, to be sure, but amateurs nonetheless. They have no training in customer service, no experience with help desk work, they're just dumped into the refuse pit that is #multihunters, ready to be pelted with monkey shit for the remainder of their tenure.

So what's the upside? There isn't one. They're unpaid. No, a free credit does not count. Their contributions are never publicly respected or even acknowledged, not by PA Team, not by the player base, and definitely not by their 'customers'.

Is it any wonder they all turn into pricks? Ye reap what ye sow.

I agree on most points, it is a very thankless role. You do meet mostly/only pissed off people, and it might get to you in the long run.
But these are things those should had been aware of before they signed up for it. And if they didn't know upfront, they learned one way or another. When it comes to the stage where you've had enough of flaming / rants, then be honest about it. Step down or take a break untill you feel better, don't hinder the game support instead.
Unread 20 Oct 2014, 19:48   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
When it comes to the stage where you've had enough of flaming / rants, then be honest about it. Step down or take a break untill you feel better, don't hinder the game support instead.
Fair point.
Unread 24 Oct 2014, 16:32   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

As Mz points out, its not a job you do to particulary gain any benefits, its mostly a thankless difficult job, where you at most times end up sitting looking like a big bad wolf, even though you got all the proofs you need to close someone you have closed, or not enough proof to close someone that everyone else think should be closed.

I stepped down as a MH because I felt I didnt have enough time to dedicate myself to the job and that is something I think ANYONE who volunteers for a support role in a game or charity or whatever it is you volunteer for should consider.

It's sometimes not easy to make a decision like that, but after spending a long time away from PA, I am certain that stepping down as MH was the best decision I did for both the players who deserve volunteers that dedicate their time to the game, and for myself.
Unread 24 Oct 2014, 19:09   #22
Aftereight
MadeMan

Aftereight is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

[ black flag : spore : elysium : wolfpack : critters : plush : LCH : virus ]

artist formerly known as MadeMan
Aftereight is offline   Reply With Quote