User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 28 Jul 2006, 15:28   #1
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Computer wizards, help!

Ive not used my main (old stationary) computer for a while, as I've been trying to fix my grandparents computer and used the screen/mouse.

Anyways, to my bliss, that one is fixed and out of the question.
So I try to reconect everything to the old one, but now my mouse does not work!
I tried one standard, a very old one and a cordless USB mouse (both in USB slot and regular slot with adapter). Nothing, no error messages or comfirmations or anything. What can be wrong and how do I fix it? (I understand the need for googling, but I tried and failed)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:30   #2
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: Computer wizards, help!

Depends on your OS. If you are using windows then the mouse driver may not be working or there could a conflict with another input device. In windows you can go into safe mode to try and find the problem and reinstall the mouse driver and VXD files.

ALT + TAB works great in these situations.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 16:32   #3
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Il try when I get home
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 17:05   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Things needed:

What version of windows?
What type of mouse?

When you say "very old" and "regular" do you mean a PS/2 connector (circular with pins) or a Serial connector (sort of "D" shape with pins)? PS/2 should Just Work (tm), I'm not so sure about serial. It also rather depends on the OS.

If it's a modern version of windows (ie. Win2k or XP) then USB should Just Work (tm) as well really - any fancy features won't without drivers but the basic up, dow, left, right, click and scroll should.
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 21:32   #5
Snurx
Dirte

I use XP, a version from three years ago (ish)
The oldest is D-shaped with pins, the other two are usb (one cordless, one not cordless, bot logitech) Nothing works, no reaction (but there is power in them, the red lights flash etc)
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 22:27   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

in that case let me be the first to say

Try getting your hands on a PS/2 one just to see.
Also check in device manager to see if there are any little squeeky friends listed in there. On mine they're under "Mice and other pointing devices".
Unread 28 Jul 2006, 22:53   #7
Snurx
Dirte

Ok, il check it out tomorrow.
Thanks