User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Sep 2005, 16:42   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
GD Game Tricks/Tactics

What are some tricks or tactics that you have figured out yourself or a friend that isn't widely known and has given you an edge or made the (PC or Console) game more enjoyable.

Feel free to use your own format.

Game: Battlefield2
Tactic: For the Assault Kit, use the M203/Grenade Launcher instead of the rifle.
Benefit: This has improved my kill/death ratio significantly when I play the assault kit. Requires less skill than aiming.
Drawback: Requires less skill than aiming.
Caveat: Runs out of ammo quickly.
Explanation:

It works great at close range (but not too close) and at longe ranges. It's has a wider effective range and it's one shot-one kill. It works better in large maps with many players where the fighting is is street to street. Imagine defending a path entrance and a couple of opponents comes charging around the corner with their rifles and you pop one round off and kill them both instantly. It works great too when charging the enemy. I use it as my default weapon.

Bonus: Watch opponents fly into the air, to their unexpected dismay.

Game: SplinterCell Chaos Theory
Tactic: Use a flashbang when 2 or 3 enemies congregate in a small area and then stab them to death while you too are suffering from the flashbang effects.
Benefit: Adrenaline pumping action.
Drawback: Takes a couple of tries. Will reduce your score at the end.
Caveat: You'll probably die the first time you try it.
Explanation:

I've already explained this once in another thread, but it's so cool that I had to put it here too. Basically lob a flashbang at some enemies and then while they are all staring at the can remember where their positions and then begin stabbing, not worrying about being hit by the flashbang effects (makes it really fun).

Bonus: Standing over your dead enemies after the effects wear off.
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 18:31   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: GD Game Tricks/Tactics

Game : GD
Tactic : Make posts that people like. This will improve your pos rep score.
Benefit : Green Blobs that give you a great feeling of self esteem
Drawback : Red Blobs from people that are more bitter than a French lemon farm.
Caveat : Isnt that sturgeons eggs?
Explanation : What, you didnt read the first line? Are you some kind of spastic?

Bonus : <3. Collect 3 for Extra Life!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 18:57   #3
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Game: Pro Evo 4
Platform: PS2 (Not tested on other platforms).
Tactic: When the opposiotion are taking a goal kick mark the closest defender to the goalkeeper, when the keeper starts his run up watch for tiny steps, this is a sign that he is taking a short kick (long strides indicate a long kick) then simply cut infront of the defender intercept the ball and slot it in to an open goal. He will only do this only once, possibly twice per game.
Benefit: A goal
Drawback: None
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 22:06   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Platform: Sega Megadrive
Tactic: On the opening screen press C+Up C+Down C+Left C+Right. A+Start. this will activate cheat mode.

Benefit: Cheating is always fun
Drawbacks: Cheating ruins games if you havnt played them already.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 22:15   #5
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

JammyJim I'm disappointed in you.

Cheating at Sonic the Hedgehog takes away ALL the fun of spending hours tormenting yourself because you missed the hidden extra life in Spring Yard Zone Act 2, or you didn't collect all the chaos emeralds on your first shot.

Shame on you.

SHAME

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 22:28   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I didnt cheat till i completed it. But i still remember the cheat code. Sonic 2 was somewhat more tricksy. it required playing different sound effects but if you did it right you became super sonic!

incidently sonic 2 i got for christmas when i was a kid. I completed it the next day ALMOST by playing it non stop for hours on end.

when i got to the level with the metal sonic i hadnt got a clue what to do and died....i spent ages...i mean ages getting to that point....and back in those days there were no saves.

such happy memories.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2005, 23:10   #7
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
has anyone else found the defending in pro ev to be bloody annoying since pro ev 2 ?
i.e. if you hold down r1 and x, instead of trying to run and tackle the player, they run to intercept the space behind their legs, or they just run in-between the players legs and thew ball, completely oblivious to the fact they're meant to go for the ball !
Stop running before you make the tackle.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 05:40   #8
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Game: Battlefield2
Tactic: Switch to a medic kit temporarily.
Benefit: Allows you to heal yourself when not a medic.
Drawback: Only works when some dead medics are laying around.
Caveat: Takes time, so don't do it in the middle of a fight.
Explanation:

When low on health and there are some dead medics laying around press G while standing next to their kits (those bags players leave after they die) to switch to the medic kit. Heal yourself. Then press G to pick up your old kit, and continue killing.

Bonus: Heal your nearby teammates for extra score.
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 06:14   #9
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Game : GD
Tactic : Make posts that people like. This will improve your pos rep score.
Benefit : Green Blobs that give you a great feeling of self esteem
Drawback : Red Blobs from people that are more bitter than a French lemon farm.
Caveat : Isnt that sturgeons eggs?
Explanation : What, you didnt read the first line? Are you some kind of spastic?

Bonus : <3. Collect 3 for Extra Life!
Thank you Yahwe*

*twat
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2005, 08:00   #10
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Platform: Sega Megadrive
Tactic: On the opening screen press C+Up C+Down C+Left C+Right. A+Start. this will activate cheat mode.

Benefit: Cheating is always fun
Drawbacks: Cheating ruins games if you havnt played them already.
This made me chuckle

No, I have nothing to contribute

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote