User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jun 2005, 10:55   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
[Discuss]Annoying Red news

OK when there's an event like : incs (hostile or friendly), launch, recalled foreign fleets, cov ops, donations to you... but otherwise i find it very annoying to see the news turn red when i do something like trading in the fund or recalling a fleet, i understand it's good to have it recorded in the news, but it could be done without the red thing.
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 11:43   #2
Fungi
Reincarnated PA Player

Fungi is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Annoying Red news

So how would you know you have new news then...
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 11:58   #3
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

he means its annoying to get news flashes by every action you take urself, for example when you recall a fleet. Its not like you don't know you recalled a fleet, and if you made a mistake or anything, you can't do anything about it either way..
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 12:13   #4
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

i like this idea. i think it would be good if it were say:
red news - fleet launches, incomings, cons/res completion, recalling fleet (of people attacking/defending you), cov ops
blue news - trade movements, recalling fleet (your own), etc...

this would be especially useful for MoD's
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 12:47   #5
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

yes i like the idea of blue news for non hotile related news
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 15:50   #6
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Would been good if you actually could edit what you wanted on the news page.
Like when you are MoD , Its totally shit to have all the news about gal members trading in the fund.
That should be possible to remove, or store another place
Unread 7 Jun 2005, 18:51   #7
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

In the old days, News and Mail lit up blue, not red, anyway.
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 11:53   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Discuss]Annoying Red news

I know a few people have said fleet recalls and when you make donations are irritating. I know that for next round the MoD's news *shouldn't* contain donation notes, but they'll be stored elsewhere. Perhaps an optional box in preferences or news to tick what sets off the news button