User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:13   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
today

I saved a life!

Well kind of, I gave blood for the first time. Made me feel sick and for a couple of minutes I thought I might throw up, which was a little unexpected. But I got some free squash (blackcurrent, so it looked like blood; excellent choice) on a very hot day.

I was surprised by how many youngish (early 20s) people went there, about half a dozen.

So that was my good deed for the day. What have you done today?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:15   #2
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: today

I didn't murder any Polish people today.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:27   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

give blood

play rugby.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:27   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
I didn't murder any Polish people today.
why not damnit ?

we've got quotas woman! quotas!
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:32   #5
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

I killed 24 small fishes and kicked a sheep in the side.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 16:44   #6
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

I walked my dog through a nettle bush bush deliberately to see if they actually feel them. They dont.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:40   #7
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough

I told a blonde she had a nice ass.
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:43   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I signed up for the dole.

I'm sure that's a good deed somehow.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 18:49   #9
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

yes, because of people like you the taxpayers don't have too much money on their hands going to waste.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:15   #10
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I destroyed a tree.

God's lowliest creature.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:18   #11
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

what about a frenchman?
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:22   #12
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Took 15 minutes off from GD and actually did some work. That should hold the bastards for a week.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:51   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: today

I had a Chinese girl cook me some noodles.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:53   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went the whole day without poisoning my body.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 19:56   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I went the whole day without poisoning my body.
Don't worry, I poisoned it for you!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 22:27   #16
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I spent most of my day doing vat returns for clubs and while doing so looking to see which places are getting the best deals out of the brewers and wehre the lowest prices can be found.
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 22:36   #17
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Viceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura about

I spent the whole day dealing with the damn general public. Is there any worse fate in the world ?

===Legend===

"One minute I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to join me in the Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. The next thing I can remember is doing cold turkey in a vomit-filled cell"
- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 22:44   #18
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy
I spent the whole day dealing with the damn general public. Is there any worse fate in the world ?
Dealing with the damn specific public?
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 22:49   #19
Viceroy
Toon Forever

Viceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura aboutViceroy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Dealing with the damn specific public?
Maybe the specifically dumb ! But all the ladies were out in their summer outfits ( highlight a girl with a belt for a skirt shame she was a charva) so something passed the day

===Legend===

"One minute I'm waiting for Kate to arrive to join me in the Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. The next thing I can remember is doing cold turkey in a vomit-filled cell"
- Pete Doherty
<<<Not Legend>>>
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 23:25   #20
Che
Lifelong Student

Che is an unknown quantity at this point

Spent the day drinking and paying attention to the cd's I've neglected recently.... Beats going to work
Unread 15 Jul 2005, 23:28   #21
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I went to the zoo with my girlfriend and a six year old son of my girlfriends friend. The little bastard seriously became mad when we kissed eachother

I mean like crying and yelling and running around the zoo. What the ****.
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 00:13   #22
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I went to the zoo with my girlfriend and a six year old son of my girlfriends friend. The little bastard seriously became mad when we kissed eachother

"But mommy, I know Dad was an alcoholic and beat / raped you, but that's got to be better than this geeky reject "
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 17:45   #23
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke

What was he yelling?

And for how long?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 20:52   #24
dda
USS Oklahoma

First the receptionist has a breakdown in your presence. Now a young child has a similar hystarical fit. Both have the presence of their mothers. Hmmmmm
Unread 16 Jul 2005, 23:29   #25
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

I give blood fairly regulary, the 1st time is always nerve wracking but after that it's not to bad. And when you hvae gone a certain number of times you get gifts. Such as key rings etc. I remember my 1st time, me and a few m8's went down cos we wanted to skive a psychology lesson and a couple of my friends fainted which was funny heh. They keep trying to make me become a bone marrow donor but that looks to painful. I know that probaly sounds selfish lol.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 08:08   #26
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

You don't get gifts everytime?

Sweden must be in a much more dire need than you guys.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 08:14   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
You don't get gifts everytime?

Sweden must be in a much more dire need than you guys.
It's considered bad form (and a bad idea) to pay people for giving blood. See 'The Gift Relationship; etc. Perhaps gifts everytime would be seen as too close to payment.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 08:42   #28
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I saved a life!

Well kind of, I gave blood for the first time. Made me feel sick and for a couple of minutes I thought I might throw up, which was a little unexpected. But I got some free squash (blackcurrent, so it looked like blood; excellent choice) on a very hot day.

I was surprised by how many youngish (early 20s) people went there, about half a dozen.

So that was my good deed for the day. What have you done today?
nice. I'd like to, but I don't think I can - CJD and all that jazz.

today I had a huge dump, been waiting 2 days for that. damn it felt good.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 09:17   #29
Hammerman
Alcoholic

Hammerman has a spectacular aura aboutHammerman has a spectacular aura about

I tore my room apart searching for my passport. I'm supposed to be flying to Canada on Saturday. I can't find it anywhere .
R2 - 30:8:13 - AoB, WaCjr
R3 - 15:13:9 - Elysium
R4 - xx:xx:xx - Nosferatu
R13 - 9:5:18 - [APA]
R14 - xx:xx:xx
Hammerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 09:22   #30
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerman
I tore my room apart searching for my passport. I'm supposed to be flying to Canada on Saturday. I can't find it anywhere .
Dace is the passport man iirc.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 20:00   #31
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's considered bad form (and a bad idea) to pay people for giving blood. See 'The Gift Relationship; etc. Perhaps gifts everytime would be seen as too close to payment.
Why is it a bad idea?
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 20:09   #32
dda
USS Oklahoma

In the United States you can donate blood. You can also sell blood. The people who sell their blood are often from individuals who are alcoholic, drug addicted etc. Donated blood is considered to be safer. You aren't supposed to donate blood if you have chemicals in your blood because it might react with a condition of someone getting the blood. Even asprin is a no-no within so many hours of donation. I am not allowed to give blood because i take medication for high blood pressure and diabetes. Were I broke I might be willing to lie about this in order to obtain money.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 20:13   #33
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

And they don't test it?

In Sweden we have the same rules (I guess) and you never receive money, you get lunch and a t-shirt/towel/sunlotion/something.

I think donating blood should be encouraged, that is one way of doing it. Last year my hometown of Stockholm spent $200.000 on buying blood from other parts of the country. Stockholm is actively trying to decrease that amount by getting citizens to donate.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 20:32   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Why is it a bad idea?
Richard Titmuss wrote a book about it which discussed some of these issues. There's a summary of sorts here : http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...36/ai_55174702
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 21:30   #35
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: today

Quote:
And they don't test it?
All blood and plasma in the US is tested for some things. But there's no test that can find everything and no test is 100% accurate. For that matter, voluntary donations aren't 100% safe either since people can forget/lie about being on medication, or be infected with a serious disease and not know it, etc.

I believe purchased blood/plasma are no longer used in the US for transfusions, but are used by pharmaceutical companies to make drugs.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 21:34   #36
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Plasma can be doanted here aswell, mainly for medecinemaking but also for replacing the fluid lost when you suffer heavy burndamage.

I really do aprove of the "get something for your bodily fluid" rather than "get money". It does keep the junkies away.
Unread 19 Jul 2005, 21:59   #37
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

I wrote an article about a guy who has worked for the Red Cross for the last 40 years. So, I didn't do anything special, but he did.