User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 14 Oct 2017, 09:26   #1
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light
R74 quest complaint thread

This round there are alot of new quests with alot of new long descriptions. I've seen complaints about them through different methods. But given the game is now underway, they will only get tweaked/corrected for R75. And given that nobody will remember what was said at the start, i'd figure i'd make a nice feedback thread on the new quests.

Found a typo?
Educational content missing?
Weird storyline? Got a better idea? It conflicts with PA history?
Quest to hard/easy?
Quest bonus is off in regards to it's difficulty?

Post it up here i'd say so PA team can go through it all at the end of the round and fix everything in 1 go.
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 12:45   #2
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: R74 quest complaint thread

Director OF Clandestine Services

Director OF Counter Intelligence

Director OF Planet Intelligence

DIRECTOR OF SPaG. (This should be a priority!!)
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 12:52   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

SPaG?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 13:49   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
SPaG?
Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 14:08   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar
Just what we need...

Grammar nazis
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 16:14   #6
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Actually it is a fair point and an instant fix.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 21:05   #7
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Ok so i had a proper look through. This is what bugged me.

1) Lots of the descriptions use lower case to describe the 'thing' that will result in completing the quest, ie. wave distorter. It should be Wave Distorter - thats how its shown on the Constructions page and in the Mission section. It looks scruffy otherwise.

2) Why is attacking in the Minister of Defence section?

3) What is covop I-IX? It should be called by its name, as it is on the Research page.

4) Some of the descriptions on repetitive quests (build 10, build 20 Distorters) has the feeling of being a bit waffly, the first one or two are ok to be bigger but by quest chain 5 it should be shorter and to the point.

5) You use the phrase Complete covops I. This should really be Research [Network Defection]. Same for Build 1 wave amplifier should be Construct 1 [Wave Amplifier]. 'Perform' should be used for Scans and Covops and 'Build' should be used for ship production.

6) Why is the last Finance Centre quest for 50 when it caps at 60? Surely the last quest shoudl be 60 to complete it?!

This is the first round i have played with any new kind of quests and i must say i really like them and it has me thinking (even as a 40 round veteran) which path i want to take and which order to maximise where i get extra RP and CP and resources. So well done! Only small gripe from 24 hrs into the round is that i feel miles ahead of where i normally am and it was hard to keep constructions under control with Tot government with all the CP rewards rushing in. It may be a good thing for newer players though as the game has felt like its moving quicker.
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 21:19   #8
darkzidane
Trollbear

darkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura aboutdarkzidane has a spectacular aura about

i said it in the nagging thread and i'll say it again here, it doesn't say the scans quests need to be successful (at least last round they had to be)

when looking at it it says perform xxx amount of scans, to me that says that blocked scans will/should count to this total

Edit:
It says in the scans brief that they have to be successful but not on the mission part (lets be honest most are probably not reading the full text)

The Quest overview tab should be updated to reflect the need to be successful though
R64 -67 Ultores
R68 tagless

Last edited by darkzidane; 17 Oct 2017 at 22:41.
darkzidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 21:29   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

+ rep for the constructive feedback!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 22:18   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All good points, but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
2) Why is attacking in the Minister of Defence section?
'defense' is a common euphemism for 'war'.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2017, 23:36   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
All good points, but:

'defense' is a common euphemism for 'war'.
just think of roids as the new oil
Unread 15 Oct 2017, 09:45   #12
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Secretary of development

Title Text
Research hct 2 Research hct 5
Research hct 3 Research hct 7
Research hct 4 Research hct 9 (or eleven, fk knows roman numerals!)

OK it wont let me format correctly but basically the title is different from text, what is the actual quest?

Last edited by Forest; 15 Oct 2017 at 09:51.
Unread 15 Oct 2017, 14:44   #13
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

I find it confusing that quests like research cores II is about doing core IV, and same with research HCT II which is about completing HCT V...
Unread 15 Oct 2017, 20:06   #14
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Yeah spotted 'research TT1'. If you are new you have no idea what TT is. Its Space Travel and the quest asking for TTII wants you to complete TT3 (Stargate) and Research TTIII wants you to reearch Hypergate, which is TT4. It will be massively confusing for n00bs
Unread 16 Oct 2017, 17:31   #15
ChroNOS

ChroNOS has a spectacular aura aboutChroNOS has a spectacular aura about

I feel the get 15 refineries rewards a bit lackey.

500 CU for 15 refinery of one type? Seems almost useless by the time you can get them and it's easy with all the bonus to get 300 cons way before Eor now. I'd rather it be transfered into something else, like 150k of the resource type of the refineries you made? Not a huge deal but I think these 3 quests can be reworked a little better.

Also 10 roids of each for 25 finance center is really weak.

CpV, Xanadu, FAnG, Faceless, Ultores
ChroNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2017, 18:31   #16
ChroNOS

That said i'm just pointing out details. I want to insist that this is the best change made to the game the last couple round. At least since I came back. It's been the most fun thing. I'm not going to get angry if it doesn't get polished a little more.

Unread 16 Oct 2017, 21:02   #17
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChroNOS View Post
That said i'm just pointing out details. I want to insist that this is the best change made to the game the last couple round. At least since I came back. It's been the most fun thing. I'm not going to get angry if it doesn't get polished a little more.
I think most of pa would agree with this tbh
Unread 18 Oct 2017, 04:58   #18
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

The 10 successful cov ops is way down the list and many people seem to miss it. 25 successful actually shows in the list before it.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Nov 2017, 23:27   #19
Forest

I thought there was a thread for feedback but I will be damned if I can find it.

The quests for cov ops simply have to go.
They have meant two things....

1) The only way to complete them properly is to find an inactive planet, or complete noob and hit them over and over again. This means we are actively hitting as far down as we can go as possible, the opposite of what PA tries to achieve with the xp system.

2) It makes cov-ops impossible to play if that's the way you choose to play. Anyone worth hitting is immune and you simply can't play properly by hitting inactives.

I have always hated cov-ops, I feel they add relatively little to the game and are quite detrimental, I don't feel anyone would miss them if they were removed but the quests make it 100x worse.
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 01:32   #20
ChroNOS

So after playing nearly a full round... my opinion on where it should go from here:

1. Remove the covop tree completely. It entices people to protect themselves a lot more against covop rather than encouraging covop play. And the covop play is just an inactive farm fest as Forest pointed out, let's be honest about it.

2. Allow people to collect roids rather than get them automatically. Having quests popping out before getting roided is silly when you have so many to keep track on now.

3. Tone down slighty the number of asteroids rewards. Increase number of RP rewards instead. We had to chase RP(at least in FL) the whole round to mine our asteroids, and this is a direct effect from having too many roids around now. Even if number of roids rewards is lowered, having more RP early on will only mean more tech tree possibilities/action and less likely to have long cores start.

4. Increase number of structures to 400 instead of 300. Tot govt is now useless and even hurtful to a planet. You max out on construction way too fast.

I think those are a good point to start from for next round revamp.

Unread 22 Nov 2017, 19:02   #21
M3dicMan

M3dicMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So after playing nearly a full round... my opinion on where it should go from here:

1. Remove the covop tree completely. It entices people to protect themselves a lot more against covop rather than encouraging covop play. And the covop play is just an inactive farm fest as Forest pointed out, let's be honest about it.

2. Allow people to collect roids rather than get them automatically. Having quests popping out before getting roided is silly when you have so many to keep track on now.

3. Tone down slighty the number of asteroids rewards. Increase number of RP rewards instead. We had to chase RP(at least in FL) the whole round to mine our asteroids, and this is a direct effect from having too many roids around now. Even if number of roids rewards is lowered, having more RP early on will only mean more tech tree possibilities/action and less likely to have long cores start.

4. Increase number of structures to 400 instead of 300. Tot govt is now useless and even hurtful to a planet. You max out on construction way too fast.

I think those are a good point to start from for next round revamp.
100% agree.

Round ???- PhX Alliance
Round 72-80 VGN
Round 81 CaRnage
Round 82-86 CT
Round 87-90 Wave Zero
Round 91-99 VGN
M3dicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 19:31   #22
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

2, yes.

3, no. More roids makes the game a little bit more interesting as the stakes are higher in each attack. Instead, reduce research point requirements for the HCT tech tree to compensate so you're not so easily capped.
Unread 22 Nov 2017, 19:57   #23
Dorf

Dorf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree with this...

1. Remove covop quests. It's a stupid grinding and doesn't add fun.

2. Quest reward for 50 FCs looks strange, make it 60.

3. Add a quest to have 300(/400) buildings

4. Change the scan quests. It's also just a stupid grinding
Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2017, 19:36   #24
ChroNOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
2, yes.

3, no. More roids makes the game a little bit more interesting as the stakes are higher in each attack. Instead, reduce research point requirements for the HCT tech tree to compensate so you're not so easily capped.
I could go with that too.

Unread 25 Nov 2017, 10:36   #25
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Make the 'planet intelligence' and 'counter intelligence' quests symetrical, by removing all the scan quests from 'intelligence' and placing them in a quest of their own.