User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 25 Apr 2005, 09:50   #1
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute
[Discuss]Bash limit Change

Im not sure if this has been posted before but i feel i better get it down any way.

Why not change the bash limit from value to XP.

Value has no indication how good a planet is and with all these poeple whoring XP it leaves most of the upper echelons of the universe untouchable.

If the bash limit was changed to XP u would still prevent noob bashing as noob do not have a vast amount of XP as they usually hit smaller targets.

Just an idea im sure it needs refining.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 09:53   #2
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [Discuss]Bash limit Change

Actually ive just been informed this ties in with one of the discussions in th eMOTD i will go read it as i should have done first before posting this
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 10:11   #3
Squishy
Lost

Right having just finished reading that post i would still stick by my idea

im not sure if the score forumula has to be changed but if u change the way the bash limit is calculated this would mean that XP whoring would still give ya a lot of points but the people u attack would be able to come get their roids back / fleet catch u. Thus it would be as beneficial

This would encourage more diverse styles of play whilst still protecting the noobs from the big bad mean players. It would also mean that XP whores would soon run outta planets they can attack and would have to feed on them selfs untill people gained more XP

Discuss
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 10:15   #4
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

This means that by showing activity and attacking, newbies make themselves much more likely to be attacked.
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 10:17   #5
Squishy
Lost

Ware as just now they are active they get good score they get roids and people leave them alone?
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 10:32   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Well, it also discourages attacks on the high value planets as well - like me - which would encourage people to return to the old ways of going for high value/low score and then spamming some high score planet right at the end to get massive XP :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 10:38   #7
Squishy
Lost

Not really as if u dont attack the high value planets u woudnt be able to XP whore

So it would encourage people to keep their own values high to keep XP down leaving the lower ranked players to hit them

gaining good XP booste ect ect meaning that their would be a lot fairer balance accross the universe
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 14:55   #8
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Well, it also discourages attacks on the high value planets as well - like me - which would encourage people to return to the old ways of going for high value/low score and then spamming some high score planet right at the end to get massive XP :\
I think you (or possibly me) mis-understood what squishy meant. I assumed he meant that the bash limit only was dictated by score, and that the xp gain was still dependant on XP.

This would still discourage people from attacking newbies as even if they are active and have xp they are unlikely to have a large value so there is little XP to be gained. It also prevents the high value/low score tactic as it wouldn't be possible to get the "massive XP" at the end of the round.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 16:58   #9
shik
Sorry, Chicken...

shik is infamous around these partsshik is infamous around these parts

i dislike squishys idea. he just cant farm his shipsfarms anymore because he grew to big.
but i have another great suggestion:
... THE GOLDEN RETURN ETA -1 ASTEROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

tnx.
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 20:43   #10
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shik
he just cant farm his shipsfarms anymore because he grew to big.
hehe, you sir, are a genius
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 23:28   #11
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I think this idea encourages people to go noob bashing btw

[insert argumentation here]

Last edited by Alessio; 25 Apr 2005 at 23:38.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 04:56   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
I think you (or possibly me) mis-understood what squishy meant. I assumed he meant that the bash limit only was dictated by score, and that the xp gain was still dependant on XP.
well, lets have a look then. You have a 500k value with 1.5 mil score planet.

Presently, you can be attacked by anyone up to 1.25 mil value. If you changed this to score, you could get attacked by anyone up to 3.75 mil score.

What this means is that it is less viable to go for a low value/high score type strategy - as a planet who has gone for high value/low score will be able to attack you significantly longer than others - and attack you with alot more value behind it (for the same XP).

i dont think that's a good thing tbh.
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 05:04   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

This doesn't sound like a good idea for reasons already presented (above especially).

I think possibly changing the score/value/xp formula would have more of the desired effect...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 09:13   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

i would remove the bash limit and replace it by negative XP
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 09:18   #15
Squishy
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
well, lets have a look then. You have a 500k value with 1.5 mil score planet.

Presently, you can be attacked by anyone up to 1.25 mil value. If you changed this to score, you could get attacked by anyone up to 3.75 mil score.

I didnt say keep the same 40% bash limit the same all i said was to change it to XP based rather than value based as thats a truer reflection of the activity of a planet imo.

Im not sure what the formula should be it would have to be thought about before being settled

If this was implemented people would not be able to noobie bash so thats them protected as most noobs dont have a lot of XP.

It would allow the top people in the universe who have been XP whoring to still be hit so their no longer immune from the people playing the value -> score way

It also woudnt prevent XP whoring it would just make it not so worth while as after a while they would only be able to hit other people playing the same tactic so they would have to get their value higher to get less XP for their attacks meaning that the smaller people would be able to hit them for decent XP booste and thus oppening the whole universe up a bit while still protecting the noobies

Discuss
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 11:08   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Me being the muppet that i am cofused Score with XP - as per Squishy's original proposition. :\

From what i understand, a change from using Value to XP to determine who you can attack will have some effects, such as;

-Squishy can attack people again (very important ).
-High Value/low Score planets are unable to attack High Score/Low Value planets (This latter group would include the inactive, people who cannot attack well/often, and defence wh0res like me ).
High Score/Low Value players will be able to attack anyone an everyone, and have the fleet to back it up for multiple waves etc. This, i dont think is a good thing, unless Value is still a consideration in the Roid Cap - which would mean that they can attack anyone but get nothing from it. If value is still part of XP, then High Value/Low Score players will be able to attack the highest ranked players successfully, but not get any XP for it (thus cementing their poisition as low score).

Perhaps there could be a minimum and maximum cap on the XP. The effect of this would be almost segregatting the players so that there are two 'paths' to high XP - the low value/high score would have to attack each other to gain XP, whilst the High value/low score planets would have to attack each other to maximise their value to get score.

further development on that idea?
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 14:24   #17
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

ITT, we are subjected to more unnecessary fuss over meagre whining by people who're threatened by other people who do not play the game in the typecast manner we all have for godknows how many rounds now over the years.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 10:41   #18
Squishy
Lost

Its not a matter of that my suggestion would allow a working way to play both the main stregys but would remove the stagnation when all the top planets are far to small to be hit by their nearest rivals which imo is ludecrous

Why is it that 90% of the time u cant hit the top planet even if ur only a mediocore player on 1 million value ( Which isnt much)

This to me seems a serious flaw