User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Nov 2009, 21:11   #1
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all
Change in travel times

I really dislike the very long travel times we have early in the round. With 12/13 hr travel times for my battleships that means I have to launch again the next day somewhere during the night. 24 hr for traveling back and forth makes prelaunch almost useless. I couldn't do this if I had a job. Not that I want to reduce the fighter travel time with full research (I want to able to sleep a full night). I'd like to see the difference between travel time with and without space travel research reduced somehow.

I came up with different solutions. You could change the research so you alternately research cluster eta reduction or universe eta reduction. So you start with eta 10 for fighters (9 for in cluster defence). You can reduce that to 9 for both cluster and universe. Then 9/8, 8/8 and finally 8/7.
There are several variants e.g. where you have to research the alliance eta -1, perhaps even get incluster attack eta -1 at the start (neutralized by Hypergate) etc. It's also possible to have alternative paths: people can choose alliance eta -1 or incluster eta -1 (both attack and defence).
Another possibility is that you have to do research to reduce the eta for fighters and frigates (where in the beginning they are the same as for battleships). This somewhat compensates for races that don't have fighter/co pods.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2009, 21:26   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Change in travel times

Personally I don't see the need for change - if playing with BS isn't suited with your playing style (due to having other commitments) then play to your strengths, i.e. smaller shipclasses until such time whereby your BS fleets aren't keeping you awake 24/7.

If only there were 28 hours in a day, we wouldn't have this problem. I propose we extend days by 4 hours, globally. This will have the added bonus of completely screwing with day/night cycles so that there'd be less prejudice against the dark, and it would mean that people like us don't feel so anti-social, knowing that there is no longer any set sleeping patterns that currently the Sun dictates we have to conform to.

WE'RE NOT THE SONS OF SOLARITY, FIGHT THE POWER!
Unread 8 Nov 2009, 21:31   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

All ships = same eta.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2009, 23:05   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

it's not by complicating things for everybody just to suit your sleeping pattern that you will attract more players. I see absolutely no need for the changes suggested.
Unread 14 Nov 2009, 13:52   #5
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

On this one, I agree with Kenny & Makhil.

The choice of research priority is yours - if you choose Hulls before ETA then you know what the consequences will be.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2009, 13:34   #6
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Dunno has it been changed but if you attack/def with FI/CO eta and steal FR/DE your fleet will still return with the lower ETA. Same thing with FR/DE while stealing CR/BS. Just wondering where do those bigger ships get the ETA boost in these cases?
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2009, 14:24   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Magic. (It works the same way the other way around: if you send fr/bs to attack somewhere, and your bs all die, you still return at bs eta.)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2009, 14:26   #8
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

maybe they get towed?
Unread 21 Nov 2009, 17:18   #9
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

When youre fleet makes a jumpgate for all ur Battleships to travel through, it has to make a bigger one for Battleships. So if ur Battleship dies, it still has to use the same size jumpgate, hence the same eta!

Durrr.....

Battleships.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote