User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 20 Sep 2006, 17:07   #1
Xuat
Ephan Ser

Xuat is an unknown quantity at this point
Wastelands

You wake up as a ghost in a shell. You know nothing except your past. You don't know where or when you are. You don't know how much time it has passed since your last memory. The ground is smoking around you and the fog is so thick in the sky that the sun almost has a purple hue to it.

Fear tries to sieze your heart and then suddenly you see others standing up out of the fog. You don't recognize a single one but you're all wearing the same brown leather-like armor. You look at your wrist and there is a three digit number branded into the skin. You hear a wierd sound and you look up into the air to see a shadow caress the fog above your head.

You don't know what to do. Only that you have to do something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is sort of an open ended RP. You're creativity is a valuable weapon.

I'll DM every two to three days without fail. There are towns, people, demons, to kill or explore. You're not on earth anymore but a place like it. It's sort of a staging ground for experiments.

You are all from earth. But Earth is gone. You have all been picked up from different time era's in earth's history. You could have been from Ancient China or Japan, or a caeser from Rome's history. You could have been a knight in england or a soldier currently from Iraq. Earth has a future so you could be from the future as well. Just don't get carried away with cybernetics or anything.

Name:
Role in that particular era:
Appearence:

Any skills or unique qualities I should be aware of:
--------------------

Enjoy.

Arch Commander of the Xuat Legions
Xuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 13:41   #2
[IV-CL]Zappa
grote boze rocker

[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts[IV-CL]Zappa is infamous around these parts
Re: Wastelands

Name: Tom. (just Tom, he's belgae, from before Napoleon showed up making us all write down our names 'n' stuff)
Time Era: fuedal era in europe
Role: Squire
Appearance: long hair and moustache, decently shaped and kept goatie, tall, tanned white boy

skills: as a squire, he has learned some manner of etiquette, skilled with most handheld weapons (bashing, slashing, stabbing) and bows. His linguestic skills are... fair. good even for someone it that period of time. He speaks Gaelic, Latin, and greec (roleplaywise, this 'll all be english ) knows the basics of farming, can read and write

Sakra says:
I know you're just an angel in disguise...
... disguised as a very evil person for that matter
[IV-CL]Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 17:42   #3
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bond, James Bond
Time Era: Present day
Role: MI6 Operative
Appearance: Tall, stunningly good looks etc.
Skills: The usual Secret Agent type skills (charming women, picking locks, shooting people, blowing things up etc.)

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2006, 23:18   #4
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

I wll get around to creating a character if I can get consistant access to the net, not just once or twice a week at the most, having no job or internet makes it hard. It also depends on how many people sign up, so then thread could possible last more than a page maybe.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2006, 03:38   #5
Xuat
Ephan Ser

Both your characters are approved. We'll wait for a couple more and then we'll start. Anyone can join at anytime.

Unread 26 Sep 2006, 04:27   #6
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

lol @ crazy

Name: Indiana Jones
Time Era: 1930's
Role: Professor of Archaeology/Obtainer of rare antiquities
Appearance: Tall, handsome but rough around the edges. Often seen carrying a lion-tamer's whip and wearing a very worn brown hat
Skills: Knower of knowledge, charmer of women, annoyer of nazis, solver of problems and escaper of impossible escapes. Also possesses a mean right hook.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2006, 14:07   #7
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Jack Bauer

larger than life

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.fox.com/24/profiles/
CTU MISSIONS:
Team Leader - Operation Proteus, 2000
Section Captain - Hotel Los Angeles attack, 1998

EXPERIENCE:
Department of Defense, Washington DC – Special Assistant to the Secretary of Defense
CTU – Director of Field Operations, Los Angeles Domestic Unit
CTU – Former Special Agent in Charge, Los Angeles Domestic Unit
Los Angeles PD - Special Weapons and Tactics

EDUCATION:
LASD - Basic SWAT School
Master of Science, Criminology and Law - University of California (Berkeley)
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature - University of California (Los Angeles)
Special Forces Operations Training Course

MILTARY:
US Army - Combat Applications Group,
Delta Force Counter Terrorist Group

PERSONAL:
Widowed
Daughter - Kimberly Bauer
So basically, Jack Bauer is Superman, sort of. Without the flying.
Unread 28 Sep 2006, 06:33   #8
Xuat
Ephan Ser

All: I wrote a long DM because I will be back in town on tuesday. I will post again when I get back.(the more tastefully creative posts might cause me to have some mercy...)

You are all standing at the edge of a lake. The fog above you dissapates and you look up at the clear night sky. The stars are out and just when you start to get contemplative about the beauty of the area around you. You notice that something is very strange indeed. In the water, there are glowing creatures about the size of your hand swimming around. You've never seen anything quite like it.

Behind you there's a pretty thick forest. Not too think to walk through but thick enough. A fire crackles in the small campsite to your left that someone had apparently made. You all stare at eachother.

The wind suddenly picks up and along with it a wierd howl erupts into the night sky. It's unlike any coyote or wolf you've heard and it might be dangerous. Very dangerous.

Laying around you, there is a random amount of equipment that looks as if a giant box fell out of a plane and crashed to the ground. It is strewn everywhere and it looks as if there might be something worth being salvaged, but then again. Who knows.

Last edited by Xuat; 28 Sep 2006 at 14:48.
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 19:29   #9
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

seems like just like the movie the bourne identity. A bit of originality would go unapreciated!!!
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2006, 22:53   #10
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
seems like just like the movie the bourne identity. A bit of originality would go unapreciated!!!
shut up idiot
Unread 5 Oct 2006, 08:29   #11
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- I second that motion! -ooc

Name: Vasili Domkavich
Era: 2350s
Role: elemental pilot
Appearance: Built like a tank, this man is absolutely huge he stands at 6'6" but doesnt appear very tall due to the broadness of the rest of his frame. Very defined features that look to be in a perpetual scowl surround a pair of slit pupilled, sapphire blue to turquoise eyes.
Skills n junk: bred and raised for the sole purpose of combat, cybernetic eyes and brain implants, (telescopic vision, simple threat aquisition system, various vision modes, ie. thermal. nothing increadibly fancy)
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 00:28   #12
Xuat
Ephan Ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad cat
ooc- I second that motion! -ooc

Name: Vasili Domkavich
Era: 2350s
Role: elemental pilot
Appearance: Built like a tank, this man is absolutely huge he stands at 6'6" but doesnt appear very tall due to the broadness of the rest of his frame. Very defined features that look to be in a perpetual scowl surround a pair of slit pupilled, sapphire blue to turquoise eyes.
Skills n junk: bred and raised for the sole purpose of combat, cybernetic eyes and brain implants, (telescopic vision, simple threat aquisition system, various vision modes, ie. thermal. nothing increadibly fancy)
Accepted.

You cybernetic eyes brighten as you wake standing on the other side of the lake as the others. You can see them all standing there through your sensors and you also hear the strange howl. Laying next to where you "awakened" is a weapon that you don't recognize. Primitive looking, yet common to the modern world: A wood axe. The "other's" are not threats and yet maybe they are.

Unread 8 Oct 2006, 16:05   #13
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

how does he know it's a woodaxe when it's a something he don't recognise?
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 06:56   #14
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: I'm gonna take a wild guess here and assume he is told its a wood axe purely for reference purposes.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 22:18   #15
Xuat
Ephan Ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt
ooc: I'm gonna take a wild guess here and assume he is told its a wood axe purely for reference purposes.
ooc:

Thanks hewitt.

Fluffie, remember that time you stopped being a jerk?

Neither can I.

haha. Post anyone?

Unread 10 Oct 2006, 07:38   #16
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc- lol -ooc

Finding himself standing on the exposed edge of a lake, god only knows where and on what planet, Vasili was unhappy less than ten seconds after reaching consiousness. His unhapiness merely grows when he sees a group of unknown people on the other side of the lake, admittedly they happen to be wearing the same clothing he is and that is a small glimmer of consolation. However, his attention is torn from them rather quickly, as a queer sounding howl echos ominously across the lakes placid surface. He swiftly gets around to silently cursing and looking around for something that might be used for a weapon, he finds one in a semi sharp steel object that is conveniently mounted on a finished stick. Crude in the extreme, but it would have to do untill he could find something better. Now, with his tension on the rise Vasili turns away from the beach, looking for a piece of high ground from which to study the landscape, and hopefully find the source of the howl.
Unread 11 Oct 2006, 01:01   #17
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuat
ooc:

Thanks hewitt.

Fluffie, remember that time you stopped being a jerk?

Neither can I.

haha. Post anyone?
That's cause you're "new".

Anyhow. I should post. Sorry :\