Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 01:54   #51
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
Re: Marines

"I'll flush it out."

*Kama snaps a quick salute, before unsealing the floor hatch and dropping down to the maintainance access. Inside he slides the pannel into place once more, humorous as it may have been for someone to trip into it in the dark. Letting out a tired sigh he flips down the helmet visor and taps on the side, a high whirr, and the narrow crawl way is illuminated in a green hue. Pulling himself to the side, he crawls around until he reaches a ladder. He figured he must be somewhere on the otherside of the clearance station wall and slowly checked the loading mechanism on his shotgun. Weirely he'd find his way into the vent system and probably spend the better part of his sleeping peroid rattling along the cramped ducts, neck arched at a painful angle, with two knees, one arm, an elbow and trigger end of his gun crawling forward into the darkness.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 05:17   #52
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Fluffie looks a bit around by moving his eyes as he gets 'transferred' (to hell, or something like it). The guard talks and asks a question, but Fluffie knew that if he replied, the guy would just laugh at him. Come on, what serious fella would believe a story about aliens....

He eyed the guard some more, wondering how hard it would be to get him down, right now, right there.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 05:52   #53
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

ooc: Figured as much but went along with it anyway

*Still muttering and cursing over the shitty task, Hewitt is slow with getting the gear he requires. As such by the time he's ready another day guard has entered the armoury.*

"Hey Muha, I'm heading 'tween levels so like if yer ain't doing much I could use the company....

Wanna come with?"

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 06:04   #54
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

/ooc It's Jake Tremain, not Inspectre, but what ever. However, I don't think we, being in Complex A, know what's going on in Complex B, just yet. So for now I won't answer your question until the go-ahead for ND, Dave. ooc/

Hearing a voice, Jake stops his practice, and walks back over to the door. He opens his mouth to give a nasty retort to the other prisoner's seemingly odd question, but suddenly the lights blink out. As the cell is bathed in total darkness, Jake curses loudly.

"****ing scientists and their ****ing experiments. Alright slim, here's how we're going to handle this." Jake grunted, calling out to the other prisoner.

"You're going to start screaming and yelling, saying that the guy down the hall has just lost it. Meanwhile, I'll start babbling about some shit, like things coming out of the walls at me. With any luck the dumbf*** guard will come to my cell to investigate it, open the door, and I'll snap his d*mn neck. Then I'll break you out, and we'll try to blow this h*llhole skyhigh. If you hear a shot, you might want to keep screaming, just in case they think you were in on it, instead of just trying to help. Sound good?"

While he was talking, Jake began to push himself up against the wall next to the door. He got himself ready to spring on the first person to step through that door, or at least stick a gun into the room. Meanwhile, Jake began to run the layout of his cell through his mind, trying to remember if there was an airvent in his cell, big enough to possibly crawl through. With a gun, even the large predators routinely crawling around in the d*mn airvents wouldn't be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 08:41   #55
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

"You really don't want to know. Seriously. No mutiny though, but you probably wouldn't believe that either. How about you tell us where we're going?"

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 09:19   #56
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

Muhas right eyebrow arches slightly, making his lazy eye seem just that much more wierd

"You....want me....to 'accompany' you?"

Muha sighs, Shrugs, finishes putting his gear on and looks square at Hewitt, enjoying himself somewhat, since no-one ever likes to look right at him, his face to disfigured to be likeable

"Sure, lets get on with it, ive got revenge to plan"
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 09:29   #57
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad cat
i r sad now
actually if i get to join ill be a combat droid
Only if Bakan's quit. I don't want more than one.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 14:55   #58
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

/ooc/ sorry couldn't find your name anywhere, and do you really want to be talking to a 2nd Lt like that /ooc/

*Bradley listerns intently as Tremain swears loudly as the lights fail yet again. He is then slightly taken aback as Tremain started barking orders at HIM. Bradley is about to shout at Tremain for insurbodination, but realizes that there probably isn't any point*

"Alright Tremain, we'll try things your way"

*Bradley then starts shouting very loudly for the guard*

"GUARD!!! GUARD!!!! HEY THE GUY DOWN THE END'S TRIPPING OUT!!!!! HE SAYS THERE'S SOMETHING IN HERE WITH HIM!!!"
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:30   #59
No Dachi

Dave
Inspectre is also a 2nd Lieutenant, and so he's perfectly within his rights to 'talk to a 2nd Lt like that'

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:17   #60
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
mr No Dachi sir? could you plz be so kind as to inform me who's where in the queue that I am in, and wether or not that queue is about to pass the armoury or not? much oblidged, your friendly neighbourhood idiot, Zappa. [/ooc]

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 16:59   #61
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

/ooc Righto. Plus, Jake's only a 2nd lieutenant becuase he's been demoted repeatedly . . . for insubordination. At least in my mind. ooc/

Hearing this other guy starting to go along with the plan, Jake starts playing his own role, still pressed up against the small section of wall nearest to the door, but out of sight of anyone just looking into the room (hopefully).

/ooc If there isn't a clear non-visible spot in the cell, which is likely, Jake would probably attempt to hang from the ceiling by pressing his hands and feet against the opposite walls of the cell, and hold himelf there. ooc/

"Oh God, my lizard! My pet lizard, he's trying to eat me! Ah, what was that!!? GUAAARD!! GUARD!! There's something in here with me, and it's not my lizard! It's trying to eat me! AHH!! No, stay away, foul creature, go eat someone else!!" (etc etc )
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 17:50   #62
No Dachi

'S funny, because he was a newly-recruited officer in the fourth thread...

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 18:12   #63
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

Rats!!!
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 18:44   #64
No Dachi

Inspectre/Dave
Psst, I completely forgot; I never said the lights went off in Prison Complex A, so they didn't . You two are both still trapped leik.

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 19:49   #65
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Primary Armoury, Prison Complex A

Cell Block, Prison Complex A

Inspectre
Fortunatly, no guards are around to see you practising martial arts, for they get uneasy when you do this and so are inclined to halt your sparring with the various invisible opponents you face. If only you were able to spar with a guard in PPE instead of just having to run around the large, bare fitness room for an hour...

Abruptly, the lights go out. Probably those nancy scientists up to their tricks again...

You were saying?
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 20:17   #66
No Dachi

Oh :/

I thought I only did that in the B block...interesting :/

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 20:40   #67
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

*On hearing the gaurd ask, wondering why they were here, a smirk crossed over Richard's face. That smirk turned into a grin, which turned into a laugh. He stopped and faced the gaurd*

"I'll tell you why we are here. I'll tell you why we are stuck in the wet, stinking hell hole. We stumbled upon something that will make your skin crawl, hair stand up straight and give you nightmares for the rest of your misrable life. We stumbled upon something which these bio marines were up to, something which they didn't want us to find out about and something which will make you wish you were never born."

*With that, Richard turned away from the (shocked) gaurd, and resumed the slow walk to the end of the corridor*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 21:10   #68
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Phang swallowed hard and looked at the prisoners.

"Tell me exactly what these freaks are doing, why you guys are involved, and how the hell you can prove what you are saying. If you do, I'm gonna get you guys out of here because so help me God, you guys look competent and sane and those guys are...well, whatever the **french united connection kingdom* their story is, it doesn't have a happy ending. If,however, you DON'T tell me, I guess your heroic, long suffering little brains are going to be ejected into the ceiling at great speed. Do we understand each other? Well?"
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 21:47   #69
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Fluffie turns and looks at Phang. His face is not happy looking. Angry, bitter, desperate.

"The Bio Division is ****ing around with aliens. Critters that tore right through our ranks. Those ****ers kept coming... I swear, if..."

He doesn't quite complete his sentence.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 21:55   #70
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

*Richard stopped again, and turned to the gaurd. As Fluffie finished, he moved towards the gaurd again*

"What these freaks are up to, we have no idea. It seems as though they have something to do with these aliens, but what it is, I have no idea. As to why we are involved. We boarded one of their ships called the Merchant of Verona after we got a distress call from it. What we found on board I wish not to recall. But what they were, they tore through our ranks like a bullet through paper. Our men stood little chance. But we managed to escape and it seems the bio marines didn't want us to spread word about these things being on one of their ships."

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 21:57   #71
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

"They're here, aren't they? Bio Division?"

Fluffie stopped moving, staring at Phang with a... glare... in his eyes. An evil glare. A glare that screamed destruction, murder and hatred. Fluffie seemed to have lost his usual calm.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 23:48   #72
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
untill now, he had been silent, but the question of one if his comrades, a superior officer, but hell... they were all captives.. forced him to forget his rank and situation, aswell as his composure...

ofcourse they are! they're the ones that brought us to this godforgotten planet, and stuck us in these cells!

realising he had just talked in a non-nice way, he grew silent again, waiting for the reactions, and slightly fearing them also...

what happened to him? he never feared anything before... but knowing the horrors these men survived, for he survived it too, barely, made him understand they were capable of great things, both good and evil

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 10:23   #73
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Phang sighed through his teeth.

"Yes, they're here, and in fact, that's where you guy are supposed to be going. But after what you've said...it seems like the sort of things these bastards would do and there's no way I'll let any more people get ****ed over by them. Now listen: I'm supposed to hand yuo over to a bunch of these freaks, and here's what we'll do. You see this flashbang? I'll make the transfer and then throw. Once I do, you guys hit the deck and the biomarines get shot in that most honourable of places, the back. Can you guys do ths?"

Phang looked at the prisoners. It was a damned big risk but he wasn't going to aid these biomarine sons of bitches a second longer, even if these guys were lying through their teeth.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 10:41   #74
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

give me a second, will you?

tensing, Duncan bulked his muscles on his back and shoulders, untill a loud crack 'n' plop was heard. both shoulders had been dislocated. He bended trough his knees, and went lying down on his back. He then proceeded to pull up his legs and curl up his back somewhat, then forced his cuffed arms over it all.clearly in a lot of pain, he urged his arms up even more, and pulled his legs trough. carefull not to strain his arms even more, he got up on his two feet, and put his hands against the wall. breahting deeply, he pushed, simultaniously popping both shoulders back in their sockets. looking at the lock a bit closer, he recognised the type, and knew how to open it. quickly asking the things he needed for that, he looked around a bit, wondering if there was an armoury near here. finnaly, he asked that aswell. if Phang could get him the things he needed, he "sabotaged" the locks on everyone, so they would be easy to break by just pulling and twisting, then put his arms on his back again, and held the broken cuffs in place by putting some pressure on them while pressing his arms together slightly

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 11:02   #75
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

"Seriously Duncan, you could have just asked him for the keys. Guard type person, we can do that. Weapons would be very nice though."

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 11:18   #76
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

this thing has no keys, Sir. it's a code. it may even verry well be 2 seperate codes, one for locking, one for unlocking. who knows wether he has both? and besides... it had been a while since I dislocated anything... was wondering if I still had it in me

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 11:25   #77
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

"I suspect he knew said codes, but no matter, we've got arms free now at least. We're going to need armaments, or failing that, aquire what we need off some bios."

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 11:32   #78
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

we could do with a blueprint of this base to sir... who knows, there might still be others from our teams scattered troughout this complex, and since the Bio squads are doing tests here, it might be .... fun .... to ruin their experiments. besides, who knows, we might not have to go up every floor, there might be an escape on lower levels too

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 13:49   #79
No Dachi

All
I'm speeding things along a bit here to get you to the action.

Prison Complex B, Main Corridor

Phang/Fluffie/Zappa/PK/Crazy
The main corridor is around a hundred metres long, with just four doors leading off it, all heavy security doors. At the end you just came from is the door to the cell line, at the opposite end is the door to the security checkpoint, then a heavy blast door bulkhead between the checkpoint and the rest of the base. Equidistant between the ends of the corridor are two more doors, opposite eachother. One leads to the prisoner cantine, the other to the prisoner exercise room and the prisoner medical bay. With your plan in place, you continue to march down the corridor. You reach the far end. Sergeant Phang produces a remote key pad from his pocket and punches in a few numbers, the door beeps and slides open. In front of you is a square room TransparaSteel window on the left wall. A guard should be in position here, but since it's between shifts there isn't one present yet. Next to the window, in the far left corner, is another heavy sliding door marked "Guards' Entry". There is no visible way of opening the door. The far wall of the room is almost entirely not there, since most of the wall seems to be formed by the heavy bulkhead, which is at present raised. The lights in the corridor are out as well. Probably the entire floor is drained.

The prisoners are now distinctly uneasy. Through the open doorway you can see no less than eight Bio Dvision Marines, two of them Heavy Marines with pulse miniguns and cybernetically-wired armour suits. As you enter through the door, you hear a mechanical whirring as the two Heavy Marines turn to face you, weapons trained. The other Bio Marines are armed with pulse rifles and two have assault shotfuns as well. All of them are dressed in the familiar Bio Division uniforms; grey urban warfare camouflage covered by the normal standard armour and helmet, but with lime green rank badges, and all eight are wearing gas masks, as Bio Division Marines do. You cannot see their faces at all. The eye holes in the mask are filled with outwardly green-tinted glass (from the inside, you know, it would just appear normal clear glass). In the darkness, all eight have their helmet flash lights enacted. All eight are staring directly at you, the white glare blinding. One of them, ranking a sergeant, lowers his assault shotgun and steps forward toward Phang, giving a barely-adequate half salute. As he speaks, his voice is carried through the gas mask by a microphone and speaker that rather distort his already heavily-accented voice and lace it with static. All in all, the Bio Marines hardly even look human.

Sergeant Phang is also uneasy. Something odd is obviously going on, because the number of Bio Marines present is double the normal contingent. You watch the sergeant step up to you and begin speaking, hearing his voice through the mask relay system as though it were over a radio.

"These are the prisoners, ah presume?" He doesn't wait for an answer before continueing. "Mah men and ah will take things from here sergeant, back to your business." His manner as a whole is arrogant and out of order. He isn't showing you anywhere near the respect that -

All five of you suddenly hear something odd. More scuttling noises, but this time coming from the walls. The wall behind the Bio Marines, specifically. Looking up, you see an air vent opening set into the wall near the cieling. Whatsmore, you see something moving in there, barely visible from the dim light hitting it. The Bio Marines freeze in their tracks, and immediately move into a loose circle, scanning their firing sectors anxiously. The sergeant evidently follows your lines of sight, and turns around. Slowly, the spot of white thrown onto the wall by his helmet light moves upwards, untill it's over the vent...

The prisoners recognise the shape of the creature staring back at them through the light. It's one of the things from the Merchant of Verona.

Sergeant Phang doesn't recognise what he sees, but whatever the hell it is looks ugly and dangerous. It's bright purple and is clearly some kind of creature with an exoskeleton. Its two front limbs are lifted off the ground and are, most of their length, razor sharp, ending in vicious points. The creature has a pair of powerful-looking mandibles on the front of its head, that are moving in an out constantly.

For a few moments, everything is silent, then, all at once, the purple creature lets out a piercing shriek and the Bio Marine sergeant starts yelling into his radio. His words are relayed by the gas mask mic, so you hear them loud and clear.

"Jesus, containment failure! They're loose! Kill 'em all!" He raises his pulse rifle as the other Bio Marines spin around, bringing their guns to bear on the vent opening. They open fire almost all at once and the roar of discharging pulse rifle rounds fills the air. The creature is torn to shreds, but the Bio Marines keep firing up and down the length of the vent, evidently expecting there to be more. None of them are watching you...

Prison Complex B, Between Level (Above)

Kama
You crawl through a series of vents and ducts before locating the promised ladder, which you then climb. Reaching the top, you are greeted by the sight of a massive junction of ducts and tunnels. However, having spent the entire day in the prison complex for quite some time, you still have your bearings, and know which direction to head in. Crawling through the maintenance shaft is extremely uncomfortable, but eventually you come to a grill set into the bottom of the maintenance shaft. Looking through, you see the inside of an air vent. Naturally you remove the grill and move down into the vent below. There's a bit more headroom, and you are able to move along it in a kind of crouching position, which is quicker and less uncomfortable then crawling...

You hear a rattling noise from up ahead, the sound of something else moving through the vent. Obviously you're getting closer. However, around two seconds after hearing the second noise, you hear another rattling noise, but this time coming from behind you...

All
Prison Complex A folks + Bakan will be DMed later today.

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 16:21   #80
No Dachi

Prison Complex A, Primary Armoury

Hewitt/Muha
Just as Hewitt finishes his offer, the lights suddenly flicker and die, plunging the entire room into darkness. You hear a mix of curses and irritated muttering, and within a few seconds several beams of light coming from the helmets of the guards who already have their equipment are illuminating a few choice areas. The sleepy-looking guard at the door of the armoury leans into the doorway, head turned toward you.

"You guys oka-" He dissapears from view, shoved back out of sight behind the doorframe by the Corporal.

"Out of the way!" The Corporal snaps, clearly not happy about this new problem emerging just before the end of his shift. He looks around the interior of the room, salutes Hewitt half-heartedly, then fixes his gaze on Muha. "Bowden! Accompany the Sergeant on his mission. I've got reports of those damned Xeno things in the ventilation shafts again. Take full armament including your com satchel and keep in touch, y'hear?" He salutes Hewitt again before walking off, leaving the two of you to your unwanted mission. Xenos is general-purpose Marine slang for any alien animal. In this case the Coporal clearly means the diverse range of animals native to Escarna. Creatures in the vents could be anything, but if it was large enough to get detected then it's likely to be nasty. The last thing to get in was one of the big predatory lizards, size of a lion - though much stronger - and with razor sharp claws. Rumour would have it that it mauled three scientists and a Bio Marine before they managed to kill it...

Prison Complex A, Cell Block

Adam/Dave/Inspectre
Dave and Jake's plans of escape are cut short when, abruptly and seemingly unbidden, the doors to the cells slide open. A series of incredulous murmers from the prisoners in the cell line fills the air. There still aren't any guards in sight...

Unfortunatly it's still pitch black; you could only barely see the doors opening. You hear a number of pained curses as the other prisoners walk into and trip over things in an attempt to get out of their cells...

????

Bakan
Your blowtorch cuts through the thing metal grate with ease, and noiselessly you push it back into the vent, allowing you entry. You climb in with equal ease and look around. You can see the power conduit that should be supply the room running up and down the length of the vent. You begin to crawl down the vent, and within minutes have found the cause of the power loss. Someone has cut the power conduit, creating a gap in the circuit. The waires have been cut in a clumsy and random way, seemingly with some kind of pliers-like implement.

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:00   #81
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road

*Marching along in a hunched squat, wasn't the most enjoyable way to travel, but at least he wasn't sliding along on his back, through narrow, smelly, ducts... it could be worse. His knees were started to swell red as he half crouched in the darkness, he shuffled the visor settings, do try and get a better picture of the vents, so far there was nothing to see, but the rattling unnerved him. He checked his shotgun once more, something practice had made almost as easy in the dark.

Now something behind him... oh swell, he moved his grip on the trigger and made a bearing with his other hand on the business end, it would be a lot handier had this gun come with a mounted flash light he had though, as he waddled further ahead, and a split screen, it was a computer generated image of the vent ahead, a couple sensors on the back of his head would have been nice... shame, continuing ahead, seeking out the rattler, all the while, cautious of his six.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 17:02   #82
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

"Well f*ck. Finally some sport to keep us entertained hey kid?"

*Hewitt can be seen grinning in the torch light. After 12 hours of shit all this might actually prove amusing.*

"Get saddled up and meet me here again in 5 minutes. I'll show you the best way to hunt Xeno's yeah?"

*Leaving the private to sort himself up, Hewitt hurriedly made it back into the armoury and searched for his armoured suit in the pitch blackness. Finding it quickly he began stuffing himself in the cybernetic outfit surprising himself on how fast he actually got the sweat-stinking armour on. Either that was some very strong coffee he figured or he was actually some what excited about this.

Damn. I need to get off this rock and see some real action.

After activating then doing a quick check on his armour, Hewitt grabs the rest of his gear namely a bunch of grenades, a few rations and his minigun (ofc ), ammo as well as a few other odds and ends. He systematically begins the numerous safety checks as he collects his gear.*

"I'm gonna get me a gator hu'yuk!"

*shick-click!*

"HEH."

*Now fully suited up and good to go Hewitt goes back to the position outside the armoury - 3 minutes after he had left - and waits for private Bowden.*

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 18:07   #83
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie kind of wished he could do something, except for getting his "combat readyness mode" on. He stood there, muscles and mind tensed, focussed on his surroundings and mainly the battle, waiting for... something to happen that would allow him to make a jump for a weapon and fight for his freedom, be it freedom from those aliens or the Bio's.

Preferably both.

But for now... He just kept alert of his surroundings.

//

I'm asuming my hands are free to be moved as I please.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 19:00   #84
No Dachi

Y'all
Kama raised a point. If you want some small weaponry modifications such as a pointer flashlight for one of your weapons, a laser sight for one of your weapons, a zoom sight for one of your weapons etc that's fine. Clear it with me first, though.

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 19:02   #85
No Dachi

Hewitt
I wanted you to drop the heavy armour for a reason; there's no way you'll fit in the maintenance shafts otherwise. Take standard armour and a medium weapon (assault shotgun or pulse rifle) and then go for it. I solemnly swear you'll get the heavy stuff back later.

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 19:09   #86
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Upon seeing (or perhaps sensing would be a better word) the door to his cell slide open, Jake carefully left his position by the door, and exitted his cell. Hearing everyone else being able to exit their cells as well, apparently, if with a bit of difficulty, Jake decided on a new course of action. Taking a deep breath, Jake began to bark orders, the memory of leading a group of marines quickly coming back to him.

"ALRIGHT LADS, SHUT THE F*** UP AND LISTEN!! WE ARE UNARMED, UNARMORED, AND IN THE MIDDLE OF A D*MN UNITED NATIONS PRISON ON A GODFORSAKEN PLANET. THE ONE THING WE'RE NOT, HOWEVER, IS TRAPPED ANYMORE. AND THERE'S NOT A CHANCE IN H*LL THAT THEY'RE GOING TO SHOVE US BACK IN THOSE BOXES! BECAUSE WHILE WE MAY BE PRISONERS, WE'RE MARINE PRISONERS!! I'M SECOND LIEUTENANT JAKE TREMAIN, AND I FOR ONE WANT TO GET OFF THIS ROCK. IF YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE, THEN THAT'S FINE WITH ME. IF YOU WANT TO STAY AND ENJOY THE ACOMMADATIONS FOR AWHILE LONGER, THEN GET BACK IN YOUR LITTLE BOX AND WAIT FOR OUR FRIENDS TO RESTORE THE POWER! SO, WHO'S COMING WITH ME, AND WHO'S WAITTING FOR THE FIRING SQUAD!?"
Quote:

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 19:24   #87
No Dachi

Fluffie
Nope, still bound.

Unread 16 Apr 2004, 19:35   #88
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Scanning the cables, Bakan moves its left hand multitool. Selecting one of the many configurations, a pair of pliers and a soldering iron extend. Manipulating the wires, Bakan uses the pliers to reconnect them, then the soldering iron to solder then back together. With machine like precison, Bakan quickly reconnects all the wires, and is rewarded when the hum of power is restored.*

*Having completed it's objective, Bakan feels almost a feeling of satisfaction, which is then quickly replaced by the need to continue observing. Scurrying along, Bakan uses his wide array of sensors to scan the air vents, looking for anything that would be classified as "out of the ordinary".*
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 21:19   #89
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

Adam takes note of this and walks out of his cell keeping an eye out hearing someone take charge he thrust his fist into the air "HERE HERE!" Adam yells and he awaits further orders follow this leitenant

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 23:25   #90
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

*Bradley suddenly stops shouting as he hears the familiar hum of the door opening on his cell. Gingerly, he steps out into the dark corridor. As he steps out, he hears Tremain shouting and taking charge.*

"Second Technical Lieutenant Bradley at your service. I think the first thing we need to do is to find some weapons and armour"

/ooc/ hope you don't mind the added bit to the rank, i just think it makes things easier and sounds good /ooc/
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 03:34   #91
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha calmly strolls over to the equipment area and grabs his com satchel, before ariving back where he finds Hewitt waiting

"You look pumped up...You like being the mindless drone of a soldier dont you...."

Muha sneers before following up on what he said

"Your just like the others...pitiful, lets just get this over and done with"
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 05:16   #92
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

ooc: Bugger. :/ Alright whatever, change minigun with piss-weak pulse rifle and heavy armour with the paper-thin body armour

"Heh, and your just like all those other mommies boys from the justice system... think your top shit when your really just another piss weak c*nt."

*Hewitt's face goes from it's previous grin to something of the stereotypical military sterness as it moves to only about an inch away from that of the punk-ass private.*

"Mark my words kid, if you don't f*cking wake up to reality soon by realising just where the hell you are and that no one gives two shits about a punk-ass wannabie who's just asking for an ass f*ck your going to become a statistic so f*cking fast that your own momma is gonna wonder if you ever really existed do I make myself clear sport?"

*Hewitt steps back and loads the chamber of his rifle with one swift motion.*

"Now are you actually gonna be of any f*cking use if I bring you along or should I send you back to bed like the nice little momma's boy you make out to be?"

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 06:22   #93
Muha
The Port Royale

"i dont need your ****ing shit, Im off"

Muha storms out of the room in a random direction
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 08:41   #94
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

*Hewitt just watches the private storm off.*

Asshole.

*Getting back to the task at hand, Hewitt makes his way over to the mainentence hatch and begins the audious journey into the 'tween levels.*

Why do I always run into the assholes eh?

*Hewitt was getting quite sick of being here. It wasn't the periodical blackouts, the constant breakdowns or even the freaky bio-guys that annoyed Hewitt the most. No... It ws the fact that he had been thrown in with the UNMC's biggest bunch of misfits all because his asswipe commanding officer decided to f*ck his woman. All of this is going through Hewitt's mind as he climbs down the rusty ladder.*

F*ckwits... the whole bloody lot of them... F*ck I hate it here... like f*ck - the bloody prisoners are more respectable than these peeps ffs...

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 11:11   #95
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Bound, eh? Nasty.

---

Fluffie makes his way to Phang, quite quickly. Knowing that the Bio's are probably still too busy with the "containment problem", he still keeps a low profile as he requests from Phang to be bloody released of these cuffs.... And maybe Phang had a spare arm, so they could try and take on the Bio's next, maybe they could take them from behind when the aliens started, eh... "falling".

Stuff like that, Fluffie suggests to the whole group.
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 12:05   #96
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang nods at Fluffie. Quickly undoing their cuffs, he makes a proposition.

"Now, those four up at the end, two with rifles, two with shotguns; get behind them. When I give the signal, snap their necks and point their guns at the other buggers. Now, the good thing about these other buggers is that when I give the signal, the grenade in the middle of them is about to go off. Any disagreements? Everyone ready?"
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 12:22   #97
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie nods again and begins, sneakily, making his way to one of the men holding a rifle - a rifle right now saving his ass from alien claws. Soon the rifle would save him from a lot more, or at least, so the plan seemed to want to work out!
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 12:25   #98
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Richard nodded at the gaurd, and then sneakily made his way towards one of the gaurds about his size, holding a shotgun, which was currently shredding ventilation shafts. Once in position, he waited for the others to get in place, readying himself to snap the neck of the (not so) unfortunate Bio Marine.*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 12:32   #99
No Dachi

Phang/Fluffie/etc
I'd advise something slightly more quick than undoing each number lock in turn. The Bio Marines will have expended their clips about five to ten seconds after the opening shots...

Unread 17 Apr 2004, 12:38   #100
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Oh. Drats

Lets pretend the above didn't happen, yay!

//

Fluffie, again sneakily, makes his way to Phang.

"Toss a 'nade, well slam or shoot down anyone standing afterwards."