User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Feb 2004, 23:50   #51
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Crusade

Fluffie sits quietly in a sofa, somewhere on the planet. He is reading a book, a rather good one to his liking, though it is not an important one, or one carrying a deeper, perhaps political meaning. It is a book meant solely for entertainment.... And entertain Fluffie is just what it did. The room was lit by a fire, burning slowly in the fireplace, and a reading light standing next to the sofa, spreading little light, but enough to read by.

He probably had something important to do tomorrow, no doubt about it. Or maybe there was doubt about it.... But heck. Keep work away from the private life, that's what he always thought. Thought and did.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 17:44   #52
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

All
I've come up with a revolutionary new way of DMing this thread. Instead of DMing you all on one day, I'm now going to DM two or three RPers per day. This will enable me to DM the thread in less time each day, making it easier for me to fit it in around other, more necessary stuff.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 18:09   #53
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

Like DE
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 02:34   #54
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-of-Lawye
Like DE
Here here!
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 09:16   #55
No Dachi

KoL and Lakhim
I could solve both of you problems pretty easily by having some kind of bubonic plague thing course through the east coast. Then you wouldn't be able to invade anyone. It would be perfect!

Unread 2 Mar 2004, 09:56   #56
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

Actualy, I'm central... contient.. whatsits name. I'll just do what the mongols did and toss the plauge ridden corpses in my catapults and over enemy city walls. :P

Were just messing with you ND. No dissrespect intended and all that.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 17:43   #57
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Duke is in the fighter hangar, going down a check list. He orbits above and around his craft, so that he doesn't miss a single atribute of it. Upon the lists completetion, Duke jumps up the ladder and into the pilots ****pit. He examines the electronics, making sure they are all in tip-top shape in case he is needed to fly. Duke sits down inside, and activates the ship's weapons system. The power indicators read that the ship is prefectly charged and ready to kill anything it takes on. Duke hops out of the ****pit and onto the floor, then walks off to his hammoc in the cargo hold.

ooc/ do the fighters have to be two person? if yes, am i in charge of telling about the other pilot of my particular ship?
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 17:54   #58
No Dachi

All
Two people get DMed today. They are Fluffie (who gets to be DMed because he posted) and Phang (Because I needed someone else not on the ships). Mad Cat gets DMed tomorrow along with Disruptor (as neither of them are soldiery types and thus will be operating very separately from the rest of you).

---

Fluffie
You are reading the entertaining yet utterly meaningless book, quite contented, when suddenly your apartment's com terminal begins to chime. As a Free Agent of the IDA and the son of one of the most high-ranking and influential men in existence, you have an expensive and luxurious apartment in the well-off area of the city of Moscow, the capital of the glorious empire of the Central Comission. Glancing quickly down at the com unit on the small table to the right of the sofa, you notice that the red light is flashing. That would make the call an important on from work. There were three such lights; the blue light for friends, the green light for family, the red light for work. The light that was lit up would indicate the nature of the call. Were the light to be flashing, it would indicate that the caller had placed particular importance on the call. Maybe you should answer it...

Phang
You are walking briskly down the street, trying not to look like you're in too much of a hurry, heading for the PayWire. Fear rises in your gut suddenly as the high-pitched whine of a Military Police patrol gunship passing overhead fills the air. For a moment, the bright white halgen spotlight they all carry is on you, then it moves on again. Through the gloom up ahead, you can just about make out the outline of the PayWire Terminal...

Unread 4 Mar 2004, 06:43   #59
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

it is now two days since being told i would be dmed what happen?
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 09:17   #60
No Dachi

It's actually not even one day since I said you'd be DMed.. It's all Fluffie's fault. Blame Fluffie.

Unread 4 Mar 2004, 12:05   #61
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Nightmare, a huge fat black dude dressed in black started the countdown with his drumsticks.
. suddonly, a screashing sound filled the area, as Sexmachine, a muscular latino with black hair, slim mustache and thin goatie walked up onto the stage, guitar in hand

then the bass joined in with a low thubtidubthub thubtidubthub as Tom Verhoeven, aka Dakkon Blackblade entered the scene, dressed entirely in fake platemail, engraved with skulls and bones

ARE YOU READY TO ROOOOOOOOOOCK?!?

*crowd* HEEELL YEAH!

the guitar, bass and drum started working together to create a melody as the voice that screamed that just there came closer, a low gurgling sound as if a demon was closing in on it's prey... suddonly, fireblasts covered the stage, so nothing was seen, then it went down again, no lights, no sound...

*flash*
*flash*
*flash*

all the lights jumped back to life as the music started again, this time, the singer, Deadite, a tall muscular white guy, bodypainted to resemble a skeleton started singing. (texts will not be displayed on these boards due to copyrightlaws of meh band :P and the fact that some of them are too illflavoured)

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 15:35   #62
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
It's actually not even one day since I said you'd be DMed.. It's all Fluffie's fault. Blame Fluffie.
Indeed. Spank me good with this here whip, you naughty things!
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 20:58   #63
No Dachi

All
Guess what I completely forgot to do today.

If your guess was 'DM the Crusade', you were correct!

Unread 4 Mar 2004, 22:28   #64
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

My guess was DMing Dawning Empires...
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 09:21   #65
No Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakhim
My guess was DMing Dawning Empires...
No, because I never intended to DM that yesterday in the first place.

Unread 5 Mar 2004, 10:43   #66
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
my guess whas brushing your teeth, but ok.

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 17:26   #67
No Dachi

Disruptor
Decided to DM you tomorrow instead. Forgot that Zappa was on Earth as well, you see. You're with the ships so it makes more sense to DM you with all the commandos and such.

Mad Cat
I'm not really sure what your character would be doing, would you mind writing yourself in? I'll edit in a DM post after you do.

Zappa
The performance goes well and by the end of it the audience, mostly Chinese but with a few fellow refugees among them, is going wild. You and the others go backstage and prepare to disembark for the post-gig party. Unfortunatly, as soon as you walk back off the stage, you see, in addition to the various sound team personnel, a PR Officer of the People's Liberation Army, from his uniform a Lieutenant, standing between you and the side door, and as soon as he spots you, he immediately makes eye contact and smiles amicably. He approaches you and begins speaking in Chinese.

"Ah, Mr Verhoeven," ((guessing that was going to be your char's second name)) he says, his voice full of sincere friendliness which could either have been put on falsely thanks to the man's extensive training or genuine, "and excellent performance, I must congratulate you and your band on your musical talent." He nods, still smiling to the rest of your band, before turning back to you, his expression now grave and serious. "Mr Verhoeven, as a citizen of thr People's Republic of China and a man who has now fully matured in terms of physical age, you are no doubt aware that you are obliged to serve at least one year in the service of the nation. Well, as is their perogative, our fine officers have decided that you are to be called up and your training as a soldier of the republic is to begin. Today. You are permitted four hours to say goodbye to your family and friends, or, if you prefer, we can leave now. It is entirely up to you." Having finished his hammer-blow of a statement, he stands, waiting patiently, his uniform hat held under the crook of his arm.

Unread 5 Mar 2004, 18:23   #68
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*flapjack walks through ship and goes to quarters*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 20:53   #69
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

*Duke tosses in his sleep do to a dream about a massive waffle he is trying to eat*
Unread 6 Mar 2004, 11:40   #70
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

alright... wait here. I'll follow you in an hour. try to enjoy what little is left of our show.

*walks back to his bandmembers, his friends, his "family"*

Bubba, my friend.. take care of these loonatics while I'm gone, ya? (Nightmare)
Valentino... take care mate... and stay the hell away from my girl, got that? *(Sexmachine)
hey Jeff... keep the band together man, we're needed even more than soldiers are in these hard times. I be countin' on you ya? (Deadite)
hey baby... *grabs her by the waist and pulls her closer* gimme some sugar *censored*

meanwhile, on the background, almost deafiningly

Crowd: *cheer, cheer* "encore! encore! we want more! encore!"

lets give'em what they want lads

*puts on the helmet again, grabs his Hofner, and starts walking, the others with him, all to their places on stage, covered by a blanket of darkness*

*classic intro for Queen's show must go on*
*Queen's show must go on, with slightly alternate lyrics, which was this band, the "infamous monsters" first great hit, for in this timeline, there was no queen :P, followed closely by another song, "fare thee well", and a few seconds of silence*

Deadite: People, we've got some sad news... Dakkon Blackblade will be leaving us for a year. He's gonna use his powers to win the war for democracy on the battlefield...
Sexmachine: but no worries! the Infamous Monsters will Rock on!
Nightmare: and in one year from now... we'll give the biggest show the world has ever seen, a welcome back for Dakkon, a Show to welcome the peace, a show to welcome the worldwide democracy and freedom, a show that forever will go down in history, as the beginning of a new era, the era of the Calm!

*crowd goes wild*

seconds later, offstage...

I'm ready.

Unread 7 Mar 2004, 17:29   #71
No Dachi

Disrupter (I'm assuming you're on the Houston here)
You are rudely awakened when alarm claxons start wailing throughout the corridors of the ship, sounding out General Quarters. Reflexes honed by months of intensive training take over, and before you're really sure what's going on you are out of bed, into combat uniform and running down the corridor toward the Houston's Strike Hangar, along with the other forty pilots of the warship's twenty plane strong retinue of fighters. Other crewmen ranging from gunners to computer technicians pass you by, all heading to their own battle stations. Presently, you reach the hangar to find the ship's only ES-Type 56 Shuttle loading up. The ES-Type 56 is the only shuttle among the Western Alliance expeditionary force to be equipped with the thin plasma layer over its hull that would render it invisible to most enemy scanners - or most 300 year-old enemy scanNers at any rate. All of the fighters equip a coating of this kind. You see ground crewmen loading various crates of equipment onto the shuttle. Presently, Captain York, senior pilot and Squadron Commander, walks into the hangar. You and the other fighter pilots snap smartly to attention, while the ground crewmen continue on with their work. By now, the klaxons have faded off into silence. The Captain walks up to you and the other men (standing in two lines of twenty, with the co-pilot behind each respective pilot), and then speaks.

"At ease." Everyone drops back into an easy, more comfortable stance. The Captain begeins pacing slowly up and down the line. "The War Council has decided that our first priority should be reconaisence and surveillance; we need to find out what happened and what's happening before we can engineer a proper response. As a result, the Type 56 behind me is being loaded up to transport several espionage agents, along with the appropriate equipment, to the asteroid field, where we'll set up a listening post. I need two volunteer pilots and their co-pilots to fly escort. This is a dangerous mission and if you get in trouble there's very little we can do to help, so who's willing?" He stares expectantly at each of you pilots in turn...

Flapjack
On the Stockholm, preparations for war are going somewhat more quietly. At about midday Standardised Starship Time, you recieve a summon to the office of Colonal Reiner, the German commander of the special forces detachment. You arrive at his office and are told to enter, wherupon you find him sitting behind a desk, looking thoroughly bored. It's a well-known fact that the Colonal has never really altered to his new, more relaxed position as commander and still yearns for the days of suspence and excitement - that's how he phrases it, anyway.

"Ah, Private Redert, do not bother to sit down, this briefing will not take a moment." He says, pressing a button on the remote control in his palm. The screen on the right wall of the room flickers into life, showing the front of a well off-looking building. The Colonal speaks in a bored voice as he presses more buttons, the screen cycling through various pictures including schematics and a few weapons. "As you are no doubt aware, we are going to need to secure a source of resupply if we do not wish to run out of ammunition within a few months. Your mission is simple and, I should hope, rather easy. Our sensors have detected a mining barge ferrying minerals from Uranus to Earth, and within a few hours a flight of ours fighters will destroy it. After we have picked up the crew, we will put you in one of the lifepods, complete with fake identification papers forged using information from the papers of the captured miners. You will then wait for your distress call to be picked up and yourself to be rescued, procede to Philadelphia on Earth and go to this building here; Dryler Arms and Armaments. They supply guns and ammunition to the Centeal Commission's forces, and seem to produce the right kind of ammunition for a large number of our standard small arms. Posing as a representative from the mining corporation whose barge we will destroy, you will purchase several hundred crates of ammunition for the corporation's "security forces". We will intercept the cargo ship transporting the ammunition to Uranus ourselves and confiscate the goods. You may take whatever equipment you please from the armoury, but you are advise to take only one, carefully-concealed sidearm. Anything more would provoke suspicion and make it difficult to move between planets due to spaceport security and checpoints. You must be ready within two hours, that is all."

Crazy
You are, at this time, already on a long-range gunboat which is heading at full speed toward Pluto. Combined Intelligence has identified and tracked the signal from a Central Commission Fleet observation station there. Intelligence reports that the outpost is small in size and is likely to be manned by no more than forty technicians and defended by no more than 10-20 Commission soldiers. The War Council decided, you were told by Captain Harris, XO of the Royal Marine contingent, that the Columbus was to be hidden, and that the perfect place to do this was the Oort Cloud where, if its main drives were deactivated after setting an appropriate course, it would be easily mistaken for another floating chunk of ice - provided the observation post was put out of action. And so a squad of the Royal Marine Commandos, you in command, has been sent to take it out.

---

There are twenty of you with the following armaments:

You, 13 other Marines: Full body, enclosed heavy armour suit, pulse rifle (you know what this does by now...) with underslung grenade launcher (one shot only, high explosive)
4 Marines: 2 two-man minigun teams, one gunner and one ammunition carrier/loader with pulse rifle.
2 Marines: Heavy flamethrower in addition to pulse rifle.

Additionally you can make requests of the Gunboat Commander (actually ranking a Lieutenant) for fire support and such, where appropriate. The Gunboat is very fast, equipped with advancred sensors and ECM and carry two medium mass driver guns in addition to a belly-mounted quad light mass driver cannon. It also carries two missile racks replete with twenty laser guided missiles each, the targets can be set by pointers on your rifles or by the gunner in the ship.

---

Presently you hear the Lieutenant's voice in your ear. "Marines, prepare for quick deployment. We have visual contact with the target structure, ETA thirty seconds. They have spotted us. We're jamming their distress signal successfully, but they're going to be ready for you, so watch out." All around you, the other Royal Marines perform last minute ammo and weapon checks...

Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:34   #72
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

ooc-ummm, uh oh, ill just give a basic list of happenings-ooc

overheard conversation conserning ships in system with few details, goes home does research, grabs a couple friends who also bear grudge against gov begins design/construction of powerful radio in remote location on one friend's farm (this would be soooo much simpler if my char was in the army)
Unread 8 Mar 2004, 20:57   #73
No Dachi

Noone in the CC knows about the ships yet. None of you normal folk anyway. Give me something else (for example, walking down a street to buy a lightbulb or something).

Unread 8 Mar 2004, 21:32   #74
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Duke looks back at his co-pilot, who nods his head once quietly. Then, he and his co-pilot step forward.

Together, they step forward, salute, and say-"Sir! Pilot Duke and co-pilot are willing to take on this challenge!"

They step back into line and await for instructions and other volunteers.
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 03:43   #75
Mad cat

i see hmm, k

buying wood for furniture making
Unread 9 Mar 2004, 11:51   #76
flapjack
crashed computer

*flapjack quickly heads down to the armoury to find a decent weapon, preferably small and not made of metal (obviously because of metal detectors) and if that is not availble, a sidearm that looks like 1 which is much used by those freighter crews, after recieving his sidearm flapjack waits till he can get into the escape pod and wait more*

Unread 9 Mar 2004, 14:26   #77
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Joseph puts away his book and makes his way to the phone, softly pushing the speaker button - there was no-one else near him and he didn't feel like holding the horn to his ear.

"Kresk here."

He kept it short - the call seemed to be important, the person on the other side probably wanted to tell his story... quick.
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 22:41   #78
Corsair

Corsair is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey - is it too late to join this thread? It sounds pretty interesting, so I'd like to join if possible.

If so, then:

Name : Matt Cemo
Nationality : British, South West.
Loyalty : Western Alliance
Occupation : Naval Pilot (Preferably aboard one of those Gunboats)
History : After graduating from college when he was 18, Matt joined the Royal Marines in search of excitement, adventure and action. After a year as a Private in the Royal Marines, Matt wanted to choose a different path within the military, and joined the Royal Air Force (? - Or whatever its called in the future). After a short period of training on Earth, Matt joined the crew of the Stockholm, where his pilot training was resumed. After earning his Wings (?), Matt enlisted to the Gunboat Squadron (?), wanting the job of a vital air support role, med evacuation, or both (?).

Umm, yeah. The parts with a "(?)" is just where I am unsure, and maybe you don't agree or want to change or something. I hope it's okay. Thanks
Corsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2004, 22:50   #79
No Dachi

Corsair
Initial skim reading and it looks fine, I'll make some ever-so-slight corrections tomorrow maybe.

Unread 13 Mar 2004, 13:10   #80
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

*As the Gunboat Commander finished his announcement, Richard Sharpe slipped a clip into his pulse rifle, pulled back the hammer, ****ing the gun, and clicked on the saftey. He rose from his seat and faced the other marines*

"All right ladies. We're about to hit the drop zone. Prepare for quick deployment. Once you're on the ground, take covering positions. You know the drill."

*Richard turned away from the other marines, and stood to one side of the gunboat. The other marines stood, and likewise stood at either side of the gunboat, 10 men per side. As the gunboat approached the dropzone, two large 'doors' on either side of the gunboat opened up, sliding upwards. The gunboat screeched low, and slowed down suddenly, before stopping momentarily. Before it had finished slowing and stopping, the 20 Commandos leaped the few feet from their ride and landed (a few a bit heavily) on the ground of pluto. As soon as the pilot was sure that the marines were clear, he pushed the throtal forward and headed away, taking up an orbital patrol around the marine's position, continueing to jam the comms of the base. The marines, once they had hit the ground, ran forward, scattered apart and took up defencize positions and scanned around them to make sure that there was no hostile welcoming party. Once they were sure that there was no one around currently to shoot at them, the squad slowly gathered, still spread out, at a small rise facing their target base.*

*Richard slowly crawled forward and took out his electronic binoculars and sited them on the base. There were numerous structures scattered around a small area, and what looked like some large communication dishes on one of the structures. It looked as though the majority of the base was underground. Richard clicked on his comm to the gunboat*

"Lieutenant. We're all safley down. Negative contact at the moment. Looks as though we'll be headin' underground. See if you can get me some detailed scanns on building in sector three. The one with all the big antenas and things on. If it is something to do with their comms, take it out. Then we should have no trouble with them sending a distress call"

*Richard waited for the gunboat's reply while taking another look at the base, seeing what options he had for entering the base*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2004, 14:31   #81
No Dachi

Crazy
I'll take the first half ot the post but not the second half...

All
I'm having one of my apathy trips where I can't be bothered to do anything. It will probably blow over soon. I'll resume DMing then.

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 11:36   #82
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

cool can hardly wait for that blowing over moment to arrive.

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 13:43   #83
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

hehehe
this might take longer than we thought
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 21:40   #84
flapjack
crashed computer

much, much, much, much, much longer

Let's have a contest of some kind in the meantime

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 21:45   #85
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

ok lets see who can come up with the most mindless movie plot?
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 22:52   #86
No Dachi

Well it was about to blow over, then I got Battlefield Vietnam...

My proposal for a movie plot: DMAGE 24h - ND has just 24 hours to DM a thread or the world ends.

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 22:53   #87
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Is it any good? I hear bad things about it while I am playing CTF NFZ Desert Combat
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 22:59   #88
No Dachi

I think it's pretty damn good actually. It has some flaws (American heavy assault troops = ridiculously overpowered, engineers in general are completely useless) but these problems with hopefully be resolved with patches.

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 23:00   #89
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Interesting. Now DM DE and all will be forgiven.

:P
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 06:50   #90
Mad cat

*sigh* silly games even i find time to post when i get new games (last one was red faction the ONLY game in which you can put holes in any wall you want )
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 09:26   #91
No Dachi

Actually, one of the things I found bad about Red Faction was that although being able to blow holes in walls was the marketing drive for all the hype around the game, you could only actually do that on the first level...

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 11:29   #92
flapjack
crashed computer

and just about every multiplayer level oh and it's not just the first level, there's the time you travel by sub you can blow away large portions of walls (and find a second sub if you shoot a torp into a certain crack) and back at the end after destroying a space station you can destroy walls and in some of the areas between that.

But multiplayer is good, sneak up behind your enemy with a rocket launcher then use a railgun through the wall

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:31   #93
No Dachi

That makes two levels of single player

I never played the multiplayer because it wasn't very good.

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 17:35   #94
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*sigh*

note to all: bumping is not a sign for a spammingwar to begin

to to DM: bumping means we wanna see the thread continue..., and give a subtle hint so you know this all. pls? pretty pls?

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 19:15   #95
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

dachi i will burn your eyes with fire unless you retract that comment about MP RF. (PARTICULARLY RFII)
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 19:39   #96
Mad cat

i think that rf is better than rf2 and actually if you bother to look most levels have detroyable wall stuff, and about the mp, if you like sniping get the microfaction levels
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 20:50   #97
No Dachi

The point is that with a bit more effort and intelligence in the level design they could have made it so that the geomod technology actually made you play the game differently. You can get all the way through the single player mode of RF without blowing one hole in a wall, and in RF 2 it's only used once or twice at the start.

Unread 3 Apr 2004, 14:35   #98
No Dachi

All
Since it's Easter, symbolic of rebirth and revivial, I'm going to attempt to recussitate the thread, starting with completing the first round of DMings:

Inspectre/PK (since neither of you gave indication of rank, you can both be corporals)
The two of you have had an interesting last couple of hours. Roused from your bunks aboard the Stockholm at somewhere approaching midnight Standardised Ship Time, you were ordered to quickly suit up and then report to Colonal Reiner's office. The Colonal was looking equally tired, and started speaking almost immediately after you entered the room, pouring himself out a mug of coffee as he did so.

"Corporal Tremaine, Corporal King, remain standing if you will. The briefing will not take too long." He pressed a button, its surface flushed with that of the desk, and the screen on the left of the room burst into life, showing a map of the star system. Presently the display zooms in on a tiny red point moving on the outer reaches of the system. Reiner continues speaking. "This is a Central Commission Light Recon Frigate, acting as a picket ship at the moment. It has detected us and is heading inwards toward the centre of the system. We are blocking its distress signal. In an hour, three Royal Marine gunboats and two squadrons of fighters are going to scramble. One gunboat is bound for an installation on Pluto that needs neutralising, the other two and all of the fighters are heading to intercept this frigate. Our aim is to cripple the ship's engines and then capture it. The marines are going to do most of the dity work, but I want two of my men in there with them. Thus far, Intelligence has had great difficulty in cracking the Commission Fleet's naval encryptions, and since this is a long range vessel attached to the CF's Intelligence arm, we're banking on it having deciphering equipment aboard. Your mission is to recover this equipment. Lieutenant Dawes will be leading the Marine attack, you're authorised to make any requests of him that you wish. After Intelligence drew up some schematics of this class of frigate, Captain Harris informed me that things could get ugly once you're inside. As such I want you both fully-armed and armoured. Do not under any circumstances allow them to destroy the codebreaking equipment, or else we'll have executed this entire operation for nothing. Off you go."

As such, you're now both in the interior of a Royal Marine Gunboat. All around you, the commandoes are checking weaponry mechanisms and checking the seals on their armour. Everything thus far seems to be going normally. A red warning light flickers on overhead, informing you that the gunboats are nearly upon the frigate. Both gunboats and the fighters are cloaked and apparently invisible to the frigate's sensors, so radio silence is key...

Unread 12 Apr 2004, 14:18   #99
No Dachi

Not enough of you have replied yet. I need replies from Phang and a few other people.

Unread 12 Apr 2004, 14:24   #100
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Isn't my reply enough?