Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 20 Feb 2004, 19:11   #101
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
Re: Dawning Empires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane. Badger
I'm making a constructive contribution to the thread.
Posting a budget would be constructive
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 21:31   #102
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
Posting a budget would be constructive
I think i've already contributed more than enough to making this thread great
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 22:05   #103
No Dachi

Exclamation Re: Dawning Empires

Quote:
I think i've already contributed more than enough to making this thread great
You so haven't.

Unread 20 Feb 2004, 22:47   #104
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
You so haven't.
I so have
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 22:51   #105
No Dachi

You so haven't

Which is proved by the way I just thrashed you at Gamespy Arcade chess

Unread 20 Feb 2004, 22:59   #106
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Quote:
You so haven't

Which is proved by the way I just thrashed you at Gamespy Arcade chess
as I already explained, I let you win so as not to bruise your delicate ego with such a sound whooping as I could firmly deliver if I so wished.
Unread 20 Feb 2004, 23:07   #107
No Dachi

I'm willing to believe you let me win on the first game where I Fool's Mated you, but on the second game I'm reasonably sure it was my Mad Chess Skillz that legitimately defeated you

Unread 21 Feb 2004, 03:48   #108
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No, which way were you. Terra Australis, invading? Were you invading the region north of you, or the one to your west? Becuase the one to your north is Lakhim and the one to your west has been invaded by Lestat (though not successfully, so you could still take it from under his nose).
Eh? Mate I think you need to re-check your map.

There are two nations bordering mine, Lestoria is invading neither of these. The country that lestat is invading is directly to his right and if you look close enough you'll see that this nation is seperate from the one with which I share.

And incidently the nation of which I speak is Lakhim. Remember he asked for the 'Snake shaped' region? Well of the two nations above me that is the one on the left, not the right as you are suggesting.

I am invading the country to my north. If you look at the sketch I gave you you'll see a place called 'New springs', a river town on the northern border. It is here that my army crossed the river and set out to 'acquire' new territory.

Oh and also remember....

NO RAPE OR PILLAGING!!!

(My culture is humanitarian)

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2004, 13:29   #109
No Dachi

No, Lakhim is definitely north of you, but you were right about Lestat not invading that kingdom westwards of you. So I need a desicion, northwards at Lakhim or northwestwards at the NPC nation?

Edit: I'll admit that the northwest one looks more snake-like than the north one, but he said 'above Hewitt' and the one to your north is more 'above' you than the one to your northwest.

Unread 21 Feb 2004, 14:30   #110
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

They're BOTH above me ffs.

And the left definiately looks like a snake.

Look, I'll invade whatever nation the NPC one is but I'm damned sure that is the one on the right. But if you really are going to insist that it isn't then I suggest you ask Lakhim for clarification... if he's still around that is.

If the NPC is the left, the invasion is from Dawn. If it's the one on the right as I say it is, the invasion comes from New Springs as it says in my posts.

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 21 Feb 2004, 15:23   #111
No Dachi

If I ask Lakhim it could well take months for him to answer. I'll just say that Lakhim is north and you went northwest, and that will be that

Unread 21 Feb 2004, 21:26   #112
No Dachi

The War of the Eastern Tide
In this passing year was has divided up much of the world, and its eastern limit is no exception. From the Kingdom of Terra Australis, long protected and self-contained by the natural barrier formed by the river delta that surrounds it, King Hewitt marches at the head of a powerful army of 1200 proffessional soldiers, commanded by the capable Lord Gwain and supported by siege equipment, intent on conquering the Kingdom of Essia to the northwest.

Unfortunatly for the invading army, the same river that protects the blessed land from attack by outsiders also protects the outsiders from attack by the soldiers of the blessed land. With bridges across the river naturally being fortified at both ends, Lord Gwain ordered that the army cross the river by boat. While there are certainly enough boats in Terra Australis to do this (the kingdom's position naturally making trade with foreign lands a porfitable business), getting over a thousand men, some with horses and all armoured, across a river is still no mean feat. River crossings took a day, wasting valuable time and increasing the chance of detection by the defenders. Indeed, several merchant ships sailing up the river toward the major Essian ports further north could have alerted the garrisons there to the invasion, but nothing could be done to prevent this. By the evening all of the men and equipment were across, but Lord Gwain deemed it too late to advance further than the river bank, and instead ordered the men to break camp, so that they would be rested for hard marching the day after.

The next day the Australan army set off toward the Essian capital of Escara, situated on the wide open plains in the southeast and, fortunatly for the attackers, close to the Australan border. After three days of marching the Australan army has reached Escara, and there was still no sign of any Essian army coming to block their advance. However, the city was garrisoned, and the captain of the garrison refused Lord Gwain's request for surrender. Thus the Australans set out siege lines, and the trebuchet commences bombardment of the city walls. Although the trebuchet is a powerful weapon, the walls of Escara are famous for the height and strength, and a breach has not been made that is sufficiently wide for the troops of Terra Australis to attempt an assault through. The siege and bombardment continues.

Three days passed, and Lord Gwain has learned that they have encountered no resistance thus far because the bulk of the Essian force was deployed to the northwest rather than the southeast, and because Lord Darscan, Lord Captain of the Armies of Essia, gave the order that none of the forces deployed southeast were to engage the enemy untill the main force arrived (this knowledge having been gleaned from the messages carried by intercepted runners). The Army of Esssia is due to arrive within a week. Lord Gwain has told King Hewitt that they will have no choice but to abandone the siege lines in order to adopt a proper formation once the Essian army arrives, and so has presemted the King with two options; either attempt to storm the castle now and then hold it against the Essian army when it arrives, or retreat and engage the Essian army on the open field of battle. Lord Gwain is certain that any assault on the city will be costly, but that such an assault could feasibly work. Then again, it could also fail disastrously.

Casualties
Neither side has sustained significent casualties.

Unread 21 Feb 2004, 21:49   #113
No Dachi

And with that...
I declare time unfrozen. It is now 1085. I need budgets from the following people:

Fluffie (20% growth)
PK (20% growth)
Inspectre (17% growth, penalty for war)
Crazy (20% growth)
Lakhim (20% growth)
Rich (15% growth, penalty for war)
Twin (20% growth)
Hewitt (17% growth, penalty for war)
Lestat (15% growth, penalty for war)
Phang (20% growth)
KoL (20% growth)

I will check names off this list as the budgets come in. That way I won't forget who has and who hasn't...

Unread 21 Feb 2004, 22:48   #114
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

Shush ND, if you wouldn't have taken forever to DM this round...

I'm one region ahead of Hewitt (I assume Hewitt is yellow on the map) directly to the north, bordering the ocean on the far right edge of the map, just below Evil Twin on the political map. Just a word of warning, I won't look very kindly to an invasion of the region south/west of me.

Budget of the Kingdom of Urbanica, FY 1085

Base Income, YS 1084: 116 EP
Total Reinvested, YS 1084: 58.56
Income Rate, YS 1084: 40 Percentage Points
Income, YS 1085: 139.384 EP

Spending:
Bureaucracy- 9% (12.54 EP)
Military- ~33% (46 EP)
Re-investment- ~58% (80.84272 EP)

Military Spending

Upkeep:
Five Peasants- U 5 EP
Mounted Knights- U 12 EP (King's Unit)
Men-At-Arms- U 6 EP
Two Mounted Sergeants- U 12 EP
Three Horse Archers- U 15 EP
Two Spear Sergeants- U 8 EP

Total Upkeep- 46 EP

Research:
Ethics

Completed: Mercantile Houses
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 03:20   #115
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

Does unit upkeep decrease if you've had part of the unit killed off?
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 13:35   #116
No Dachi

Lakhim
I'm afraid you're a bit late to warn Hewitt against invading said nation, as he's already started the invasion

It's good that you did want that nation, seeing as that's the one I put you as owning on the map.

Rich
No. Imagine the additional upkeep costs as being used to replace missing equipment or something.

All
Note that Rich raises an interesting point. If you have a unit that is damaged (i.e, below full strength) it will be repaired to full health after six months of being damaged.

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 14:01   #117
No Dachi

All
PK has just pointed out to me that because we use eight year turns here, it is in fact 1092 and not 1085. Your budgets will be budgeted as normal.

This means that units take half a turn to repair, and not six months as I indicated in my last post, since turn times vary.

For those of you who are becoming annoyed by my consecutive posting, there are two more posts to come, these being the research bonuses and NPC event posts.

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 14:29   #118
No Dachi

1085 NPC Events
Yes, each year (or sometimes completely at random) some of the NPC nations will do something, or something outside your control might happen to you (like the peasants revolting or something). These NPC events help make the thread interesting and keep y'all occupied.

In the frozen plains of the far northwest...
Lies the Kingdom of Ios, so recently united by King Fluffie after a violent and bloody civil war. Life has continued very much as normal since the end of this war (with Crazy having not actually invaded that French-style kingdom at all) and an uneasy peace has since settled over the kingdom and its people. However, as any wise man could tell, in these troubled times peace is not a lasting thing...

To the east of the Kingdom of Ios are found the lands of the North Men, a savage and brutal people who follow their pagan gods to war and rape and pillage the softer kingdoms to the south. In bygone days these North Men had, using their extensive knowledge as shipbuilders and their extensive prowess as warriors, rained terror down on the inhabitants of the nations that border the Great West Sea (western edge of map) and the Sea of Ice (the large bay in the north and middle of the home continent). Even then did the Kingdom of Ios stand as a barrier to their onslaught, a breaker set against the tide. For the men of Ios were fierce fighters, themselves descendants of the North Men, and its people loathe to see their liveliehoods burnt to ashes by these foreign raiders. Since, however, civilization has reached the North Men, and they have set to farming their land and living as do normal people.

However, with the death of the late King Ulric, a man who was wise and civilized himself despite his upbringing, his son, Prince Bieldric, has taken the throne. Bieldric is young, brash, arrogant and foolish - the opposite of his father, and his head is filled with the stories of old, the stories of how the North Men had the southern lands completely vunerable to their every whim, unable to orchestrate defense against the hordes of invaders that came from across the sea. Bieldric immediately sent out the ancient order that every man capable of fighting was to come to the capital with his equipment in preparation for a Great Raid, an expedition of death that would cut a swathe of blood down the coastline. Bieldric's eyes turned to the map of the known world - for the North Men were also capable map makers - and he saw the two coastlines that had yielded so much plunder to the North Men in the days of old. The Sea of Ice, and the Great West Sea. As always, the Kingdom of Ios stood as a wall against the North Men that would block their advance south west, but the Sea of Ice was frozen in these winter months, and Bieldric was too impatient to wait for spring. As such, he immediately ordered an invasion of Ios...

One day, King Fluffie awoke to startling news. An army of North Men had landed on the north coast, and it was heading straight for Ulcaster, destroying everything in its path...

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 14:39   #119
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Ehm... We started in 1080, so eight year turns mean we are in 1088 now? right?
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 14:40   #120
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous, you've participated in colonies
Yeah, difference is, I don't care!

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 14:42   #121
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

Budget for the Kingdom of Phoenix FY1088 (or whatever the heck year is is now)

Income 1080: 105 EP
Re-investments 1080: 54 EP
Growth 1080: 20%
Total Income 1088: 116 EP + 4 EP research bonus

Spendings:
Bureaucracy: 10%; 11.4 EP
War: 60 EP
Internal Security: 10%; 11.6 EP
Reinvestments: 37 EP

Military Spending:

Procurement:
Trebuchet (P 10 EP, U 10 EP)

Upkeep:
4 Units of Peasants (P 4 EP, U 4 EP)
2 Units of Mounted Knights (P 16 EP, U 24 EP)
3 Units of Horse Archers (P 15 EP, U 15 EP)
2 Units of Mounted Sergeants - (P 12 EP, U 12 EP)
Total: 55 EP

Research: Artisan Guilds

Completed Research: Mercantile Houses

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics

Last edited by Planetkiller II; 22 Feb 2004 at 18:40.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 14:45   #122
No Dachi

All
Fluffie has brought to my attention the fact that we started in 1080 and not 1084, so it is in fact 1088 and not 1092.

EDIT: Also, some of you will have gained small economic bonuses due to researches (like Mercantile Houses). I'll give you these momentarily.

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 18:27   #123
No Dachi

The results of your technological advances: Some technologicaly advances yield bonuses (e.g Mercantile Houses), so each turn I'll be giving you a post detailing the results of researching whatever technology it was that you researched.

Phang
Researched: Mercantile Houses
Result: Income bonus of 4 EP

Crazy
Researched: Crop Rotation
Result: Income bonus of 3 EP

Fluffie
Researched: Heraldry
Result: None

Hewitt
Result: Income Bonus of 3 EP

Inspectre
Resarched: Improved Forging
Result: Income Bonus of 5 EP

Lestat

KoL

Lakhim
Result: Income Bonus of 4 EP

Twin

Rich
Researched: Basic Training
Result: Troops are better quality than those of other nations.

PK (apologies due here)
Result: Income Bonus of 4 EP

---

I think that's everyone. Enjoy.

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 19:14   #124
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

It was time for a change, King PK II thought, while sitting pensievely on his glided throne, in the great hall of Castle Firehelm. Too long had the neibouring kingdom to the south west of the Kingdom of Phoenix been a thorn in their side. His father had tried to deal with them peacefully, and when that failed, he had retreated the kingdom upon itself, sealing it off from the outside world. No longer.

"No longer."

PK said softly.

"Messenger! Bring me Lord James the Pierce and Lord John the Saint."

Messenger: At once sir.

Some time later, the imposing figures of the two Lords, resplendant in their golden phoenix emblazoned robes strode into the hall. James wore black, John blue.

"Ah, my friends. I have called you here because I have decided that we must act. I am not my father. We have waited in the shadow of the south for too long and I believe that only a decisive assault can remove the pain they have caused us. James, you will lead the attack, while John keeps our remaining troops on high alert in case reinforcements are required."

James: As you say my liege, I will be honoured to do this.

John: As will I.

"While they have caused us much pain in the past, we must not hold this against them, should they be conquered. I want no non-combatants harmed, if and when we win their country. "

James: I would have ordered it even if you had not asked my king.

"Good, good. The tactics shall be a straight entry into their country, with infantry protecting our siege equipment, and the cavalvy scouting and providing the bulk of the army. Enter their country and meet any resistance with due force. Now go, I have details on the detachments you will use on parchment awaiting you outside."

Forces of Lord James
1 Trebuchet
2 Units of Peasants
2 Units of Mounted Knights
3 Units of Horse Archers
1 Unit of Mounted Sergeants

Forces of Lord John
2 Units of Peasants
1 Unit of Mounted Sergeants

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 20:39   #125
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

Budget for the Kingdom of Katishi FY1088

Income 1080: 105 EP
Re-investments 1080: 32 EP
Growth 1080: 20% (6 EP) +3EP from research.
Total Income 1080: 114 EP

Spending:
Bureaucracy: 10%; 11 EP
Military: 54%; 62 EP
Internal Security: 10%; 11 EP
Reinvestments: 26%; 29 EP

Military Spending:

Procurement:
2 Horse Archer - 10 EP

Upkeep:
4 Peasants - 4 EP
4 Spear Sergeants - 16 EP
2 Men-At-Arms - 12 EP
2 Horse Archer – 10 EP
1 Trebuchet - 10 EP

1 Mounted Knights - Kings Unit

Research:
Improved Agriculture Tools

Completed:
Crop Rotation

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!

Last edited by Crazyboy; 22 Feb 2004 at 22:06.
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 21:04   #126
No Dachi

The War of the Frozen Sea
War has once again reached out a bloodstained claw with which to strike at tha balance of the world, this time in the far north east. King PK of Phoenix ordered the invasion of Noresia, the kingdom that runs along the coast of the Sea of Ice to Phoenix' southwest. With the north being in the depths of winter and the Sea of Ice being (appropriate to its name) completely frozen over, this war was named 'the War of the Frozen Sea'.

Lord James the Pierce, renowned throughout the realm as a formidable marshall of offense, was charged by King PK with the task of commanding the main body of troops, the invading army, while Lord John the Saint was put in command of a small reserve army left to guard the homeland. Lord James immediately encountered a problem; he had been ordered to escort the slow moving trebuchet with foot soldiers whilst moving ahead with the cavalry - which in itself made sense, but he correctly saw that he would not be able to effectively marshall both groups. As a result Lord James selected Captain Lithaniel ((4/4/4/4)) to command the rearguard of two hundred Peasant levies protecting the Trebuchet and its crew, while he himself forged on ahead with the cavalry, according to his orders.

The army crossed the border without event, and made good progress toward Noresia's capital (Coveton, on the coast) despite atrocious weather conditions (due to Phoenix being very far north, its men are somewhat adept at moving in snow). Although Lord James attempted in his wisdom as a commander to keep communications with the rearguard opem, after several runners dissapeared into the blizzard without a trace he decided that he would have to trust Lithaniel to follow the signs that he was leaving (a young pine tree snapped so that its tip pointed to the south, etc). The army continued marching for several days untill, upon their fifth day in Noresia's territory, they encountered opposition.

Lord Falquien ((4/3/7/6)) had been waiting for the Phoenixans for several days with his army, all infantry. Although an adept defensive General, Falquien was also an exceptionally arrogant man. He predicted that the cowardly Phoenixans would break and run away after a few volleys of arrows from his trusty longbowmen. And indeed, Noresian Longbowmen are doubtless a thing to be feared. Unfortunatly for Falquien, the blizzard was still raging strongly, and evem he recognised that in these cconditions his Longbowmen would be unable to fight effectively. As such, Falquien had assembled his men in a flat line, with Men-At-Arms at the centre flanked on either side by a large number of levies, and a small number of Spear Sergeants guarding each flank. He had sent the Longbowmen back to Coveton, recognising that in the then-current conditions they would be a liability. Lord James had been forewarned of his approach on the enemy army by his scouts, and so was advancing in good marching order, keeping to formations with the Horse Archers at the front, backed by the Mounted Knights, and the Mounted Sergeants protecting his right flank. James the Pierce decided to use the poor visibility and (somewhat hindered) mobility of his troops to their full advantage, and sent the Mounted Sergeants and one unit of Mounted Archers around in a wide, sweeping path that would take them behind Falquien's army. Meanwhile, he sent the Horse Archers at Falquien's main line in order to keep the eyes of his troops facing forwards and not left toward his flanking move. The arrow fire of the horse archers was largely inneffective, and the light casualties were not enough to draw Falquien from his position atop the ridge. Falquien, who was a competent defender despite his failings, was more than content to sit on the ridge and wait for the Phoenixans to come to him. He was quite surprised, then, when 120 cavalrymen attacked his own personal unit of Men-At-Arms from behind. Although the heavy snow prevented them from charging, the Mounted Sergeants formed a screen, from behind which the Horse Archers were firing at more-or-less point blank range. Fearing for his own life, Falquien quickly ordered both units of Peasants on either side of his Men-At-Arms to turn around and envelope the attackers by assaulting them on both flanks. Meanwhile he ordered his Spear Sergeants inwards so that they could guard his position from attacking from the front. Seeing that his flanking force was outnumbered and about to be swamped, the snow preventing them from withdrawing in good order, Lord James immediately sent the rest of his troops into the fray, ordering the Mounted Knights to dismount and attack on foot, and the Horse Archers to engage the flanks of the Spear Sergeants once the knights had attacked. Although outnumbered, the superior training and combat prowess of the now-dismounted knights enabled them to hold their own against the Spear Sergeants, while the Horse Archers were quite capable of attacking the flanks.

The battle went on for quite some time, but eventually Lord Falquien fell to a spear and the remaining Norisean troops lost heart, with all of them having thrown down their weapons a few minutes after their General's death. Lord James the Pierce had once again won the day, but at a cost. However, the detachment under Lithaniel was unharmed and caught up with the cavalry army a few days later. The combined army is now a day's march on foot from Coveton. Lord James is uncertain of what to do with the two hundred or-so prisoners taken on the field. He does not have enough men to send them back to Phoenix, and he has been ordered to avoid unpleasantries by the King, so he cannot execute them...

Casualties

Phoenixan
40 Horse Archers (140 remaining)
26 Mounted Knights (94 remaining)
38 Mounted Sergeants (22 remaining)
0 Peasants (400 remaining)
0 Trebuchet (1 remaining)

Norisea
218 men captured
582 men dead

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 21:06   #127
No Dachi

All
All numbers in your budgets are to be rounded to integers.

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:01   #128
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

To what?
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:07   #129
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold

No decimal points etc. (No 11.2 sort of things, just 11)

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:17   #130
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Fine, then we give him two weeks to withdraw his troops or we declare war.

We raise another unit of Longbowmen (P 4 EP), and we order the deployment of one unit of Men-At-Arms, one unit of Longbowmen, two units of Mounted Sergeants, three units of Horse Archers, and two units of Spear Sergeants to the boarder along the kingdom being attacked by Hewitt.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:27   #131
No Dachi

You should probably try talking to the King of Essia about this...

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:39   #132
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Regardless of anything, for now a small scouting force is send out to determine the size of the invading force and all troops are summoned back to Ulcaster, along with the two generals, who will jointly organise the defense (with the general with the highest defence rating in command).

I'll make a better post as soon as I get back to my own pc where me stats be etc... I'll probably have time again tomorrow or something... so bear..bare? with some delay, eh
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:51   #133
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
You should probably try talking to the King of Essia about this...

Message sent.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:59   #134
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Shogun Crazy watched as the sun slowly disappeared into the sea in the west. He was standing in one of the upper most rooms of the small palace that was currently what Crazy called 'home'. The sun glistened off the sea, one last time as it sunk behind the horizon, as Crazy continued to stare back across the sea to his old home. He would return one day. But to do that, he had to sort out some current troubling matters. There was war in the north...*

*Crazy sat down in his chambers. The sun was shining through the window, lighting up the room. Two of his Generals were sitting in the room as well, as two servents spread a map of the lands over a wall. Once they were finished, the servents bowed to each man in turn and left the room. Crazy sat for a while, looking over the map. He had reports of an army of 'North Men', as they were calling themselves, marching towards one his northern neighbours cities, called 'Ulcaster'. His scribes had researched these 'North Men', spending many months gathering information on them from their neighbours. From what he saw in front of him, they were a foe that could not be ignored. If the northern Kingdom of Ios was to fall to this army, then his realm was in the firing line. Something had to be done.*

*Two days later, the armies of Katishi were on the move. The 240 Samurai Horse Archers, along with the 60 heavily armoured Retainers, under the command of Daimyo Shimzu Hideyoshi (5/10/6/3) were on the march to the river port of Michi, where there were bridges and fords where they could cross the river in a hurry, if the need be, while 400 Men-At-Arms, along with 400 Spear Sergeants, under the command of Taisho Ryu Shingen (6/7/2/8), marched towards Tomiko, and the remaining ment, 800 Peasents, and 400 Spear Sergeants headed for the city of Kenshin, where they were put under the command of local ranking Lord.*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:54   #135
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

This is just the budget since I’m confused as to where everything else is standing. We’ve either gone forward 4 or 8 years, yet the invasions have only lasted (in my case) a day or two, and in all other’s a matter of weeks at most. Do we continue with those invasions ignoring the missing time?

Imperial Budget Report, FY 1088

Total income FY 1084: 100 EP
Total re-invested 1084: 50 EP
Growth rate FY 1084: 15%
Total Income FY 1088: 100+8 (7.5 rounded to nearest integer) = 108 EP

Bureaucracy: 8.3%; 9 EP
War: 37%; 40 EP
Internal Security: 8.3%; 9 EP
Re-investment: 47.3%; 50 EP

War Spending

Procurements:
2 Skirmishers – 4 EP

Upkeep
5 Men at Arms – 30 EP
4 Peasants – 4 EP
1 Archers – 2 EP
1 Mounted Knights – 0 EP

Research
Improved Forging

Completed
Basic Training
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 06:46   #136
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

Budget of the Kingdom of Likothania, FY 1084
Total income FY 1080: 94 EP
Total re-invested 1080: 38.2
Growth rate FY 1080: 20%
Special EP Gains FY 1080: 3 EP
Total Income FY 1080: 105 EP

Bureaucracy: 10%; 10 EP
War: 40%; 42 EP
Internal Security: 10%; 10 EP
Re-investment: 40%; 43 EP

War Spending

Procurements:
1 Women-at-Arms - 6 EP
1 Spear Sergeants - 2 EP
1 Trebuchet - 10 EP

Upkeep
1 Peasant - 1 EP
1 Horse Archers - 5 EP
1 Women-at-Arms – 6 EP
1 Ballista - 4 EP
1 Knights -0 EP
1 Longbowwomen - 6EP

Researched: Crop-Rotation
Current Research: Heraldry

Ph33r teh artilery!

Last edited by Killer-of-Lawye; 24 Feb 2004 at 20:37.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 09:15   #137
No Dachi

Rich
Try not to think about it, it prevents your head from exploding

Seriously, this game is not perfect and freakish time changing occurences are one of its imperfections.

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 12:40   #138
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Budget of the Kingdom of Ios, FY 1088
Total income FY 1080: 90 EP
Total re-invested 1080: 26 EP
Growth rate FY 1080: 20% (5 EP)
Total income FY 1088: 95 EP

Spendings:
Bureaucracy: 10%; 10 EP
War: 80%; 76 EP
Internal Security: 9.5%; 9 EP
Re-investment: 0%; 0 EP

Procurements (18 EP):
Catapult (6 EP)
2 units of Men-At-Arms (12 EP)

Upkeep (58 EP):
1 King's unit of Mounted Knights (60 men) (0 EP)
2 units of Mounted Knights (120 men) (24 EP)
2 units of Horse Archers (120 men) (10 EP)
2 units of Spear Sergeants (400 men) (8 EP)
2 units of Longbowmen (400 men) (12 EP)
4 units of Peasants (800 men) (4 EP)

Research: Chivalry
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 12:49   #139
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

The Battle For Ios

Nobody ****s with Ios damnit.
Like said before, a a number of small forces (in other words, two or three people on fast horses with fresh ones with them) make haste to rally all troops back to Ulcaster, where under the command of Lord Bentley (6/2/10/6) the enemy will be slaughtered. He has all current troops* under his command, with the procurements** available to him too, if they are ready in time (depending on how fast you lot DM this, eh). Scouts are send out too, like said earlier, to determine the size and make-up (what kinds of troops etc) of the vikings.

Dachi said I shouldn't give any tactics, just simple orders. So:

- Bentley, all avaialable forces under his command, is to stop the invading force. If possible, he is asked to organise the defense somewhere before Ulcaster, as to not damage the city (again). However, the life of Ios' men is more important, so the best location is to be used.

*Available forces:
1 King's unit of Mounted Knights (60 men)
2 units of Mounted Knights (120 men)
2 units of Horse Archers (120 men)
2 units of Spear Sergeants (400 men)
2 units of Longbowmen (400 men)
4 units of Peasants (800 men)

**Procurements:
Catapult
2 units of Men-At-Arms (400 men)

Should the scouting force return with word that the invading force is very large, riders are sent to the south, requesting military support. The reason why they should give it, should the kingdom to the south request it: if Ios falls, the Northmen certainly shall not stop - they shall push farther down.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 21:26   #140
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Lord James sat bandaging a small wound on his off arm. It had been a fierce battle, and he had lost men, good men. In the end though, it was a victory, and a decisive one. They would push on to the capital. The only problem now was the prisoners. There were a lot of them. James decided that the best course of action would be to release them in ones and twos across the distance, so that they could spread the word of the Phoenix victory, while loosing any cohesion as fighting units. It would be unlikely that they would be able to get rid of all of the prisoners before arriving at the capital, but at least it would be more managable numbers that they could leave outside the city while attacking. Perhaps word would reqach the farthest corners of the country and hasten the people's coalition into Phoenix. Only time would tell.

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 15:29   #141
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
Rich
Try not to think about it, it prevents your head from exploding

Seriously, this game is not perfect and freakish time changing occurences are one of its imperfections.
Gee, this is really moving into 'Civilisation' territory now isn't it? Where conquests normally measured in years take centuries and advisiors and rulers live for AGES....

Seriously though, I think to prevent confusion all battles and RP'ing should be assumed on a day to day basis and main characters should not age much and live until killed off while techincally as all this is happening years are going by.

Does that make sense?

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 16:00   #142
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Quote:
This means that units take half a turn to repair, and not six months as I indicated in my last post, since turn times vary.
Just my two cents but I think it should be a full turn and only in regions fully controlled by the player.

Anywho.....

Budget of the Kingdom of TERRA AUSTRALIS, FY 1088

Income 1080: 86 EP
Re-investments 1080: 25 EP
Growth 1080: 17%
Research benefits 1080: 3 EP
Total Income 1088: 86 + 4.25 + 3 = 93 EP

Spending:

Bureaucracy: (9.7%) 9 EP
War: (60.2%) 56 EP
Internal Security: (3.2%) 3 EP
Reinvestments: (26.9%) 25 EP

Military Spending:

Procurement:
None

Upkeep: - 56 EP
4 Units of Peasants (P 4 EP, U 4 EP) - 4 EP
1 Unit of Mounted Knights (Special) (P 8 EP, U 0 EP) - 0 EP
1 Trebuchet (P 10 EP, U 10 EP) - 10 EP
4 Men-at-arms (P 6 EP, U 6 EP) - 24 EP
3 Longbowmen (P 4 EP, U 6 EP) - 18 EP

Research:
New
Improved Agricultural Tools

Completed
Crop Rotation

- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!

Last edited by Hewitt; 24 Feb 2004 at 16:05.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 17:18   #143
No Dachi

Hewitt
Eight years would be a ludicrous amount of in-game time. Four is ludicrous as well but it strikes a balance between in-game time and RL time, so it will stay where it is.

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 18:29   #144
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

A day passed - who-ever DMs my battle, add 2 Men-At-Arms and a Catapult to my forces, eh. Although the catapult will probably not be used...
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 23:58   #145
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough
War!

“My queen!” the guardsman bellowed, his voice echoing in the great hall that housed Silis’s throne. “Baroness Firlasha, leader of the southern house, and Lady Silisnos, brave dame and commander of the eastern regiment request an audience.”

Silis looked up from her throne, her crown ****ed to one side on her head, tangled up in the mass of pale hair. She raised a hand nonchalantly. “Of course they request an audience, you fool of a man, I ordered them here. Show them in and fetch my maps.”

The guardsman slammed his fist against his breastplate and bowed. “As you wish, my liege.” With that, he opened the doors to the great hall with a loud creak, and ushered in two amour-clad women quickly, before closing the doors with a loud boom that echoed amongst the vaulted hall. The two walked up to the throne, and kneeled formally. Silisnos spoke first. “My Queen, and cousin. We are at your service.”

Silis straitened herself up. “Indeed, you are. Rise blood kin. You too, Baroness. We have much to discuss in the field of war.”

Upon hearing the word war, Firlasha rose quickly. “Its about damn time. My troops grow restless. Ever sense the unification of our southern lands a generation ago the dames have been restless. Joust and games can only distract them for so long. They are warriors, and need an opponent! Just give us the orders my queen, and we shall ride out and bring glory to your name!”

Silisnos rose shortly after. “I must echo Firlasha’s sentiments, cousin of mine. The troops can only shoot arrows at targets and drive spears through practice dummies for so long. Besides, the world around us is one of chaos. We are bordered by numerous barbarians that would probably turn on us if they weren’t so busy slaughtering each other.”

Firlasha spoke up again. “Yes, my queen! They are honor less an inept! Let us teach them a lesson in the ways of war and insure they don’t think us a easy target to raid.”

Silis nodded and smiled. “Yes, I too feel my heart yearn to ride forth, but we cannot charge blindly into this. We are finally united, and we must remain so. Let us plan together when the guardsman arrives with the maps.”

As if on command, the guardsman came through the doors, his arrival noted by the loud creak they made when opening. The poor man lugged a number of large, ornately decorated, and rather heavy looking map tubes. Wordlessly, he set them by the throne, and bowed before his queen.

“Well done, guardsman. You may rise and return to your post.”

“Yes, my Queen!”

Silis waited for the guardsman to walk back to his place at the doors before leaping off her throne and landing next to the pile of maps. She quickly picked one up and unraveled it unceremoniously upon the floor.

“Firlasha, I believe you are familiar with our southern neighbors.”

“If by neighbor, you mean worthless barbarians who squabble amongst themselves, yes.”

“An apt description. It is high time we taught them a lesson.” Silis drew her sword and pointed to a large nation on the map. According to your scout reports, the ‘ruler’ of those lands is locked in a war with a neighbor, is he not?”

Firlasha nodded. “Yes, and he has foolishly left little to defend his lands with.”

“Good. Then I believe it is time we taught him to cover his flanks. Assemble your forces. You will ride. Furthermore, my relative will accompany you. If you run into trouble, I expect you to retreat back to our lands, and Silisnos will use her troops to stop the perusing enemy at our border. I will take command of defending the lands while she is gone.”

Firlasha grinned a feral grin. “I don’t think retreat will be a problem my queen. We will bring you glory.”

“Good. Do not fail.”

Force reorganization:

Queen Silis (*/4/4/4)
1 Peasant (200/200)
1 Woman-at-arms (200/200)
Orders: Guard the homeland.

Baroness Firlasha (4/7/8/2)
1 Mounted Dames (60/60)
1 Horse Archers (60/60)
1 women-at-arms (200/200)
1 ballistae (1/1)
1 Trebuchet (1/1)
Orders: The offensive army, she is to ride forth and start taking cities. How she goes about this is up to her. She is ordered to not rush to far ahead.

Lady Silisnos 8/6/8/2
1 Spear Sergeants (200/200)
1 Longbow women (200/200)

Orders: To stick with Firlasha, and assist in any sieges. Should they be routed, she is to fall back to the border behind Firlasha and defend it.

Final Orders: Remember that for all their warlike traits, their not savages. They’ll look enemy cities, and eat local crops, but they’re not the kind to rape and slaughter. Finally, I’m attacking LESTATS country. The idea is this. The troops march in and take citys. If the enemy army shows up and it doesn't look like they can take them there, then they'll fall back, looting the cities they've taken along the way, and hole up on my side of the border in their own territory where logistics wont be a problem and the enemy can grind theirself against the superior defence of my generals. Futhermore, if supplys run low, because of my generals forgetfullnes, then they'll do the same, looting on the way back.

Last edited by Killer-of-Lawye; 3 Mar 2004 at 17:22.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 02:34   #146
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Err...ND, you just being slow or did my PM not get through?

Hewitt, one week.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 09:24   #147
No Dachi

I'm thinking you could have phrased iyour little proposition in a maybe slightly less arrogant way, and I'm DMing stuff tonight, so you'll probably get a reply then. Even if it's "feck off and die you reprobate".

Unread 25 Feb 2004, 18:23   #148
No Dachi

The War of Ios
Hearing of the invasion through the ever-unreliable informant of peasant rumour, King Fluffie immediately dispatched three scouts to invesitgate the nature of the invading force of North Men, and to ascertain its strength. The three scouts all returned unharmed several days after leaving Ulcaster, and in this time the famous Lord Bentley, generally renowned as the greatest defensive tactician ever to have walked the earth, had already ammassed the army of Ios, along with an additional 400 Men-At-Arms, ready to do battle with the attackers - and if necessarry die to defend their homeland, the gental recovery rom violent civil war now shattered. The three scouts returned with mixed news. The enemy force was vast, numbering around six thousand men, but it was all foot (wirh no cavalry to speak of), and it was commanded by the ever-arrogant King Bieldric ((3/2/4/6)), who was obviously refusing the avdice of his wiser Generals from the disorganised and scattered way in which the horde was moving across Ios toward Ulcaster. Lord Bentley, knowing that a quick response was important, as it would allow more space between the field of battle and Ulcaster to organise a second line of defense, immediately sent the men northwards and eastwards with all possible speed, force marching much of the distance to the small town (DM-created) of Eastburr, where Lord Bentley had the intention of meeting the horde head on. Ios is all open plain, and mostly very flat, but Eastburr sat atop one of a chain of low, rolling hills running west to east through the Kingdom's north. Although tired from their forced march, the men of Ios reached Eastburr in good time, two days ahead of the Northmen, and so had ample time to rest. Bentley, meanwhile, prepared himself for the battle that would either save the Kingdom or doom it to fall to the northern barbarians. The illustrious General immediately sent out Horse Archers to act as scouts, and track the progress of the enemy army toward Eastburr. When the forerunners of the Horde appeared two days after the Army of Ios' arrival, then, Lord Bentley and the Iosi soldiers were well prepared and fully assembled in formation, the Longbowmen and Catapult at the back of the line being just a hundred metres from the edge of the town. The flat line contained all of the Iosi infantry, and was backed by the knights of the Royal House of Fluff, the fearless Captain Temeran at their head and encouraging the men with his famous courage and thirst for battle. Lord Bentley himself was also with the Royal Knights. Bentley had concealed one unit each of Mounted Knights and Horse Archers behind low-lying ridges on his left and right flanks, using the slope to hide them.

King Bieldric did at least have the sense to order the forerunners to wait untill the rest of the horde caught up before ordering the attack. However, he grew impatient waiting for the last two thousand to arrive and, with four thousand men, judged himself to be certain of victory, and immediately ordered an all-out charge. Northmen armies, due to the 'recruits' being every able bodied male in the country able to make it to the capital in time to join the horde, are mostly Peasants, though more hardy than the usual Peasants, with a small core of medium and heavy infantry provided by the more wealthy conscripts. Although all Northmen are naturally hardy, and fierce fighters, they charged in extremely poor order, confident of easy victory. The first signs of things happening otherwise were probided by the Iosi Longbowmen who unleashed shower upon shower of ast-flying death upon the attackers. Unarmoured peasant and armoured lordling fell alike to the deadly wooden shafts, but still the horde was vast when it collided with the Iosi defensive line. Four hundred spear sergeants, strung out in lines a hundred men wide, stood between the Northmen and the town of Eastburr. For a few moments, it looked like the battle was going to be won for the barbarians instantly. The enormous concussion of the vast horde striking the smaller number of Iosi defenders very nearly broke through the Spear Sergeants wholesale, but although the sergeants lost men and ground in the initial charge, they held the line. While the wide line of spears held the Northmen in place, Lord Bentley ordered the Men-At-Arms on his flanks to circle inwards and hit the horde in its sides. Now the battle began to turn in Iosi favour. The Men-At-Arms, fighting far more coherently as a unit and mostly against opponents with far inferior equipment, caused massive casualties. Unfortunatly, they achieved such success that within ten minutes of fighting they were close to be swallowed up by the vast number of enemies. Seeing this, Bentley immediately threw in his last line of defense. Fire arrows from the Longbowmen signalled the charge of the concealed cavalry, and as the Royal Knights charged into the centre of the mass of Northmen barbarians, more Mounted Knights accompanied by Horse Archers suddenly appeared as though from nowhere and descended on the rear of the Northmern like hawks. The Horse Archers, firing at the packed masses of poorly armoured troops, inflicted massive casualties while the Mounted Knights did even better, their first charge killing dozens of the enemy. Seeing himself surrounded, Bieldric began to panic, but had the good sense not to order a retreat, and instead fought on desparately. Despite their massive numerical advantage, the Northmen were slowly losing ground and resolve. Seeing that a final charge could break his foe's morale altogether and cause a route, Bentley immediately committed his reserve force of 800 Peasants to the line of battle. Backing the advance of the Men-At-Arms and the Spear Sergeants. Suddenly faced with even more enemies, and feeling the noose gradually tightening around his neck, Bieldric immediately took flight, hacking his way through the weakly armoured Iosi Peasants and fleeing the field, dropping his ancestral armour in order to escape pursueing Iosi Horse Archers. Upon seeing their brave leader's flight, most of the remaining Northmen lost their nerve and attempted to flee as well. Bentley ordered the Knights and Horse Archers at the rear to allow the fleeing men through, but then to run them down and prevent them from rallying. After around three hundred prisoners had been taken, Bentley ordered the Knights and Horse Archers to break off pursuit and return to the rest of the army.

The Battle of Eastburr was without a doubt a tremendous Iosi victory, but the enemy is still not quite vanuished...

Casualties

Iosi
128 Men-At-Arms
176 Spear Sergeants
0 Longbowmen
27 Mounted Knights
34 Horse Archers
146 Peasants

Lord Bentley's successful counter-attack has given him some slight experience in basic offensive actions.
Morale is running high despite the losses.
Privately Lord Bentley has informed King Fluffie that winning a second battle with weakened force will be more difficult than winning this first battle.

Northmen
806 Peasants dead
204 Peasants captured
124 Men-At-Arms dead
40 Men-At-Arms captured
68 Spearmen dead
43 Spearmen captured

Morale has taken a hit.
King Bieldric has lost all face and respect from his men. He is nowhere to be found and is suspected fleeing back toward the homelands. General Kierdron ((6/8/3/4)) has taken control of the remaining men.
The two thousand hordesmen not engaged in the battle are still at large. Kierdron has managed to rally around eight hundred of the fleeing survivors from Eastburr. The remaining survivors are all running for the border.

Last edited by No Dachi; 25 Feb 2004 at 18:37.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 19:09   #149
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Word reached the large port of Michi, requesting aid, as the Ios army was force marching its way towards the town of Eastburr. Immeditly, word was sent to the Shogun, who was risiding in Tomiko, having marched with his son, who was commanding his first real command.*

*As the messenger hurridly dismounted from his horse and ran into the courtyard, where the Shogun, Shingen and 800 Samurai were practising their 'art of war', the Shogun turned, facing him, knowing immeditly what the message would contain. As the Shogun stopped, so did the Samurai, slightly relived that they had a break. The messenger bowed and quickly gave the message. Taisho Ryu looked at his father, almost expentantly. His father returned the look with a nod.*

*A fresh messenger soon left the gates of the Barracks of Tomiko, and galloped towards the port of Michi. Menwhile, the Shingen was assembling his troops. Four hundread Sword Samurai and four hundread Spear Samurai stood in ranks, in the barracks courtyard, as their commander inspected them. The shogun watched down from one of the higher windows in the barracks. Nearly all the men assembled were wearing steel armour, which was shining brightly, but had a boring dull colour, that was native of these lands. However, those men who had fled from the homelands were wearing their brightly coloured (colours representing their clans and ranks), bamboo armour, which they had managed to save when the fled. Those few with the bamboo armour beemed proudly as they stood in the front ranks, many of them commanding squads within the formations. The Shogun smiled at that. At least some remains of his homelands would be remembered by his men*

*As the battle at Eastburr was nearing an end, Taisho Ryu Shingen marched forth with his eight hundread Samurai, and a message from his father. They headed for the Fords of Akigawa, to the north east of Tomiko. From their, they marched openly towards the city of Ulcaster. Two runners were sent ahead of the army, from King Fluffie, saying that his request of aid has been anwsered and that eight hundread Samurai were marching to his aid, and were to be put under the command of the famous Lord Bentley. The message also contained word of 300 horse men setting forth, to harras the enemy forces.*

Daimyo Shimazu Hideyoshi (5/10/6/3)
4 Samurai (Archers) - 240 Horse Archers
1 Retainers - 60 Royal Knights
Orders:
- Seek and destroy (or just seek and attack) enemy forces in the Ios Kingdom

Taisho Ryu Shingen (6/7/2/8)
2 Samurai (Spear) - 400 Spear Sergeants
2 Samurai (Sword) - 400 Men-At-Arms
Orders:
- Under the Command of Lord Bentley, to assist in the defence of Ios.

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 03:11   #150
lantadors evil twin
Retired

lantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these parts

Budget of the Konigsmark FY 1088

Income 1084: 93 EP (+3 due to research)
Reinvested: 36 EP
Growth: 20%

Total Income 1088: 100 EP

Spending
Bureaucracy: 10% - 10 EP
War: 45% - 45 EP
Internal Sec.: 10% - 10 EP
Reinvested: 35% - 35 EP

War Spending
Upkeep - 24 EP
5 Peasants @1 EP = 5 EP : 5 EP
2 Mounted Sergeants @6 EP = 12 EP : 12 EP
1 Spear Sergeants @4 EP = 4 EP : 16 EP
1 Longbowmen @6 EP = 6 EP : 22 EP
1 Light Cavalry @2 EP = 2 EP : 24 EP
1 Mounted Knights* @0 EP = 0 EP : 24 EP

Procurement - 21 EP
2 Spear Sergeants @ 4 EP = 8 EP : 8 EP
1 Longbowmen @ 4 EP = 4 EP : 12 EP
2 Light Cavalry @ 2 EP = 4 EP : 16 EP
1 Horse Archers @ 5 EP = 5 EP : 21 EP

Total War Spending: 45 EP

Research 1088: Mercantile Houses

Completed Research
Crop Rotation (+3 EP)

Armies of the Konigsmark

Osthelm Dragoons
Lord Marshal Thane Isenair of Normark, Field Marshal of the Osthelm Dragoons
...(3/7/7/1)
...3 Light Cavalry
...2 Mounted Sergeants
...1 Horse Archers
...1 Mounted Knights (Captain Xentyre)

Sunmark Brigade
Lord Marshal Markus Erienne of Sunmark, Field Marshal of the Sunmark Brigade
...(2/1/6/4)
...5 Peasants
...2 Longbowmen
...3 Spear Sergeants

-----

Back at Konigshelm, Hannah sat in the throne room of the castle reviewing the reports from her armies. The room around her was surprisingly bare, with just a few tapestries hanging from the side walls, and the banners of the marks hanging behind the throne. Sitting in the second throne beside her was the only man in the Mark who could do so without being executed, Captain Xentyre of the royal knights. He had guessed from the sudden redeployment of his men that something was afoot and had returned to the capital to investigate. He was alone, however, having left his troops with the Dragoons.
After finishing the reports, Hannah turned to her captain and spoke.
"It appears as though your recruiting efforts have been better than we hoped for. Are our armies ready for war?"
Xentyre thought for a while before he replied, his voice conveying his cautious nature.
"Our armies are ready, but I would advise against hasty deployment. While we have a large body of cavalry in the north, we lack any infantry support from the Brigade at present. Also, Lord Isenair has had no experience leading a campaign of the sort we would require. True, he has show his skill time and time again, but always inside the Mark where he can rely on the supply routes we have established. Lord Erienne has more experience in these matters, but is a skilled defender and has no experience leading offences."
"So you are saying our armies are ready, but our generals are not?"
"Exactly. We must proceed with caution, choose our fights carefully. I would suggest preparing the Dragoons for an offensive, and leaving the Brigade and Markfyrd to defend the country. This makes sense since we have allies to the south, and soon to the west, but the north is unknown. Also, the Dragoons are faster, able to avoid combat with slower foot troops. They would be better able to scout the land before they move in."
"I see. Return to the Dragoons and deploy at Norhelm. There you will remain until further notice. Send scouts into the land to the north, find out what troops they possess, how much resistance we are likely to face."
Xentyre nodded, and left the throne room, leaving Hannah alone with her thoughts.

[ooc: Highlighted the important bit to help our totally not lazy DM ]