User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Mar 2004, 21:42   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Who's a vegetarian here?

I know that the chips in McDonald's is not suitable for vegetarians because they use beef oil (apparantly) to fry it. But here's a question:

Is the Vegetarian/Vegetable Deluxe meal suitable for vegetarians?

EDIT: I'm not a vegetarian.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 21:44   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Who's a vegetarian here?

wouldnt asking macdonalds be a better idea ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:02   #3
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I have no ****ing clue.

Just eat it, then go ask.

If they managed to **** it up with beef oil, then sue their sorry arses.

And gain some money whilst they attempt to bribe you in order to brush your case under the carpet.

Win-Win.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:03   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

According to the McDonalds website, their fries (and Vegetarian Burgers) are cooked in rapeseed oil, not beef oil.

Last edited by Nodrog; 1 Mar 2004 at 22:09.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:05   #5
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

The website might very well whisper lies, nod. Never trust multinational corporations.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:09   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The fries never used to be certified by Vegitarian society, dunno if they are now
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:09   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
The website might very well whisper lies, nod. Never trust multinational corporations.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:11   #8
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
The fries never used to be certified by Vegitarian society, dunno if they are now
Vegetarian SOCIETY?

The darn herbivores need to start grouping up now? What for?
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:11   #9
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

To see if their food is 'safe'
Keep up!
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:14   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

For Judas' sake... They keep some kind of a Herbster's list of "safe-to-eat" places?

We need to start a "Omnivore People's Digesting Society".
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:52   #11
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Read Fast Food nation, if you already have read it more carefully.

In AMERICA(and canada and japan) they do their fries in beef tallow, however in the uk they have used a vegetarian friendly oil on their fries(and India).

As always if you are out eating in the UK look for the little green logo with the v in it beside menu options, if it isn't present it isn't vegetarian, simple as that.

p.s. if you are north american, don't trust anything but a salad.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:54   #12
Tietäjä
Good Son

Oh hell...
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 22:55   #13
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

And even then the salad will either be crawling with pesticide or bugs. Or both, if they're super-bugs.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:04   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
I doubt they'd knowingly lie explicitly, there wouldn't be much point.

However, it might be that the staff on the ground mix up the food utensils (and stuff like that) meaning you get trace amounts of beef oil in other (vegetable) products. I'd probably only trust the word of someone who worked in a McDonalds restaurant preparing food, and then only for that specific location.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:07   #15
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Then again, we all know that McDonald's employees are BRAINWASHED.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:09   #16
Tietäjä
Good Son

You never know, Herr Hicks. Der Führer can be full of surprises.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:17   #17
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

SInce being a Vegetarian is a 'choice' made by people who don't want to eat meat. It's not a medical thing, it's a psychological thing, surely it could be argued that as long as you don't know what's in your food, given that you believe it to be vegetarian, then it might as well be.

If McD's says it cooks it's fries in Veggie-friendly oil, then as long as you don't see the malicious little shit that piles in 3lbs of steak into the fryer, then you're fine.
It's not like you're going to get stomach cramps and die is it*?

*You filthy plant-eating hippies.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:19   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

It might give you bad feelings once you find out, Dead_Meat.

And veggies are the heart of the empathy of this world.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:20   #19
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew

Heh

Stew's usefull fact of the day?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:25   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
SInce being a Vegetarian is a 'choice' made by people who don't want to eat meat. It's not a medical thing, it's a psychological thing, surely it could be argued that as long as you don't know what's in your food, given that you believe it to be vegetarian, then it might as well be.
This is true, but most people there is a reasonable amount of investigation most veggies seem to undertake. So, for example, they'll often ask (in my limited experience) if different knives/plates/etc have been used for the vegetable dishes than for meat, etc, etc.

If there was a slight chance there was some human foetus remains in your Steak & Kidney pie, wouldn't you want to know? The knowledge that there might be some meat in their food often makes veggies look positively queasy. (And thus is obviously ripe for some great comedy moments).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:43   #21
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be more interested to know how that bit of foetus got there in the first place
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:44   #22
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As the chap in Matrix says as he chomps down into his blood dripping medium rare 1lb steak

'Ignorance is Bliss'

As long as I don't find out after the event, in essence, where's the harm?

I always had this theory, that if you substituted Heroin, or whatever drug, into a place where the person who took it had no idea of what they were taking, say, by sprinkling it on their conflakes. How would they get addicted? Hmmmmmm ?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 23:59   #23
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
Heh

Stew's usefull fact of the day?
"Useful"

Also though - bloody optimistic gettin one a day out of me!

Edit: in before you say, yes I kno I spelt vegetarian wrong!

Last edited by Stew; 2 Mar 2004 at 00:10.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 00:08   #24
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I think I would die if I stopped eating meat as I have so little variety in my diet heh.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 00:09   #25
Stew
Made of Twigs

Me too!!
Even my snacks are meat (no u dirty perverts, I meant pork scratchings!)
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 00:58   #26
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
As the chap in Matrix says as he chomps down into his blood dripping medium rare 1lb steak

'Ignorance is Bliss'

As long as I don't find out after the event, in essence, where's the harm?

I always had this theory, that if you substituted Heroin, or whatever drug, into a place where the person who took it had no idea of what they were taking, say, by sprinkling it on their conflakes. How would they get addicted? Hmmmmmm ?

Ive always wondered that. Testing is in order
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 02:55   #27
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange urges for Frosted Flakes for the rest of their life?
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 04:52   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Posting in amusement that anyone thinks that a hamburger in McDonalds contains anything that was within ten miles of a cow.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 06:53   #29
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Heh jonny this will make you laugh but do you know there is more Beef Content than there is Chicken Content in the Chicken McNuggets?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote