User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 2 Apr 2009, 16:56   #101
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of
Re: R31 shipstats

that seems more like a problem with who you chose to play with, not the stats or game mechanics.

with single targetting people build 2 ships and xp whore all round. its boring. its attack 90% and defend 10%, and you think long rounds are boring.
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 19:58   #102
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

He's an Idea instead of doing the same old multitargets Fi/Co Fr/De Cr/Bs mix it up. Do Fi/De, or BS/Fi or Co/Cr things like that make people build more ships while still keeping the multitargeting. Another thing to do is to limit the fleets targeting like with Etd in R29, their Fr's couldnt target BS or Cr so they would have to attack with Widows which are De. IF you make people have to attack with 2 ship classes it makes the fleet more vulernable which make the player have to calculate his fleets better in order to attack safly.

While on the flip side it allows defending much easier if you are sending 2 ship types like with the Vshharrk and the Pulsar, Vshharrk's soak the emp and pulsars can fire with little to no threat.

One other thing that i have noticed about zik being week is they have less "buisness" ships. If you add more kill ships it will help "balance out" the fact that they steal ships. Like put a kill ship into every fleet.
ie: a Cr fleet that has a fr/de kill ship and a Cr/BS steal ship. and a Fr fleet that has a Cr/Bs kill ship and a Fr/De steal ship. something like that.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 22:06   #103
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I've tried to add some variety with, eg FI/DE or CR/FR targeting.

It's difficult in a lot of cases though. For example, I did it with the zik FI/CO ships, made one hit CO/FR and the other FI/DE. But it nerfed them quite a bit - if they built CR then they needed anti FI and anti CO and therefore had to split resources between 2 ships. If they built frigs they needed anti FR and DE and had to go for 2 ships again.

I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing, though.

I've also looked at out of class attack ships (xands with FI/CO, etds with CR/BS, ziks with FR/DE etc).

By Sunday or Monday I'll have a new set up that should be useable for beta-ing.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 02:23   #104
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

keep up the good work Gate
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 02:44   #105
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Gate: please don't allow any uber meta class defenses please. i.e. fi/co targetting bs/cr gives what, 3 ticks to get defense instead of the already 2 ticks? would lead to a mostly fi/co universe because of the impossibility of landing higher eta attacks.

Last edited by Zaejii; 5 Apr 2009 at 09:13. Reason: spelling
Zaejii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 06:03   #106
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Im pretty sure he would never do that..
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 06:23   #107
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
Gate: please don't ally any uber meta class defenses please. i.e. fi/co targetting bs/cr gives what, 3 ticks to get defense instead of the already 2 ticks? would lead to a mostly fi/co universe because of the impossibility of landing higher eta attacks.
It really depends how you balance it. A FI with BS as T1 may be too much, but a Fi with CO as T1, FR as T2 and BS as T3 why not...
In fact I'd like to see stats where all the ships have T3 ALL. I don't see why a DE couldn't fire at any ship (with different levels of effectiveness ofc).

And what if all the ships have : T1 their metaclass, T2 the meta class below, T3 the meta class above (a BS would have T1 CR/BS, T2 FR/DE, T3 FI/CO)
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 07:27   #108
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

And your are supposed to fake how?
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 08:21   #109
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
Gate: please don't ally any uber meta class defenses please. i.e. fi/co targetting bs/cr gives what, 3 ticks to get defense instead of the already 2 ticks? would lead to a mostly fi/co universe because of the impossibility of landing higher eta attacks.
Don't worry, that's in my list of absolutely never do ever. I still remember the r13 corsair monstrosity!
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 16:10   #110
isildurx

What are you planning on changing for the next set? Is there anything in particular you would like feedback on?
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 16:15   #111
Zaejii
This Space for Rent

i love how we have some people advocating for t3 being removed, and others trying to get t3 all put on ships
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 16:15   #112
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
In fact I'd like to see stats where all the ships have T3 ALL. I don't see why a DE couldn't fire at any ship (with different levels of effectiveness ofc).
don´t think that will help with the issue of soloattacking...
it´ll just make it worse

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 19:52   #113
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

In round 29 when we had the mantis able to target fi/Co it wasnt that broken because of the little impact that it caused. It was only gal defense, and its effectivness was really low. So i wouldnt be adverse to something like that happening again. But i am strongly against fi/co that can target Cr/BS unless it goes to xan in which case i could prolly be ok with it.
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 20:03   #114
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
In round 29 when we had the mantis able to target fi/Co it wasnt that broken because of the little impact that it caused. It was only gal defense, and its effectivness was really low. So i wouldnt be adverse to something like that happening again. But i am strongly against fi/co that can target Cr/BS unless it goes to xan in which case i could prolly be ok with it.
Are you ****ing joking here? Cloaked defence that you have 3 ticks to collect?
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 20:31   #115
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Like JBG said, I hope the xand FI/CO attacking CR/BS was a joke

In previous rounds massed bomber (or their equivalent... the xand FR or DE that shoots CR/BS) have ruined CR/BS fleets completely because there's 2 ticks to get them and you can fake endlessly. Having 3 ticks would be HORRIBLE!

I want to avoid CR/BS targeting FI/CO too. Except perhaps an EMP ship, but generally i'm gonna try and avoid it.
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 20:57   #116
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

xan fi/co still too strong, low init/cloak and ofc low eta

something needs to give!

lo isil/jbg o/

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 21:21   #117
Chulain
God King Emperor of Dune

Chulain is an unknown quantity at this point

Realistically any ship should be able to have a chance to attack any ship. In the real world, MTB's can and do launch attacks against Cruisers and there have even been attacks against Aircraft Carriers. They have very little chance admittedly, but they could still get lucky, or overwhelm with numbers. Surely giving all ships eiither unrestricted firing or grouping on meta class would be more realistic, eg FI/CO have light as T1, medium as T2 and heavy as T3, enough damage against T1 to cripple or destroy, damage against T2 lowered and requiring say 5 to 1 odds, and against T3 say 15 to 1 odds - IE 15 fighters to take down 1 cruiser.

Keep damage the same - all FI have 'x' damage etc regardless of race. Return to race specific items -
Ter = high armor, slight increas in damage, but slower.
Cat = standard armor but emp is fastest, and more effective than standard guns.
Xand = weaker armor but cloaked and faster.
Zik = Steal ships have better armour than all except Ter, and don't die after capturing enemy ships.
Xtd = Hybrid mix, norm ships as per Ter, emp as Cat, cloak as Xand etc.
Chulain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 21:22   #118
isildurx

Yeah well xan fi\co is obviously very good, and should be looked at. Just dont nerf them again
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 21:55   #119
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulain View Post
Realistically any ship should be able to have a chance to attack any ship. In the real world, MTB's can and do launch attacks against Cruisers and there have even been attacks against Aircraft Carriers. They have very little chance admittedly, but they could still get lucky, or overwhelm with numbers.

believe it or not, this is wrong. warships have armour designed to be impervious to certain class of weapons. for example the armoured carriers of the WW2 royal navy and current US navy were designed to deny any chance of certain calibers of shells and bombs penetrating their hulls. MTB (motor torpedo boats) arnt a fair example, they are small ships BUT they carry very heavy arms. I was a Navy Officer and so had to learn this stuff.

to say small ships CAN damage capital ships given correct armaments would be true and examples can be given from real life. to say any ship can attack any ship is wrong.

but back to the point, good stats make the game more playable and add depth and width to players games this round, having co/fi class bs/cr killers is a bad idea (unless they are cath emp) imho.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 21:59   #120
isildurx

I disagree. FI\CO targetting CR\BS is bad. EOD
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 23:16   #121
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Yeah well xan fi\co is obviously very good, and should be looked at. Just dont nerf them again
wtf
NO

at which stats are you looking man !?

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 00:00   #122
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
more realistic
Totally. While we're at it, ships flying in space and stuff is pretty unrealistic, get rid of it.

Gameplay/Balance > Realism.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 18:14   #123
Chulain
God King Emperor of Dune

Chulain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Totally. While we're at it, ships flying in space and stuff is pretty unrealistic, get rid of it.

Gameplay/Balance > Realism.
D'oh - obviously! You are either misreading or deliberately ignoring the point I was making. I finished in the top 10 of the speedgame that has just ended. I was Xand, and it used round 29 stats, those were really good, we had some very interesting battles. When I did not get caught out, wave after wave of my Xand FI/CO fleet kicked butt, and I followed up with waves of FR/DE to finish off the target.

Lets go back to those stats!
Chulain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 19:38   #124
Tiamat101

I agree Round 29 had some really good stats. If you were to model after those and just tweak a few things here and there i think they can be good.
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 22:34   #125
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
D'oh - obviously! You are either misreading or deliberately ignoring the point I was making. I finished in the top 10 of the speedgame that has just ended. I was Xand, and it used round 29 stats, those were really good, we had some very interesting battles. When I did not get caught out, wave after wave of my Xand FI/CO fleet kicked butt, and I followed up with waves of FR/DE to finish off the target.

Lets go back to those stats!

What exactly is your reasoning here?

Playing in speed game & Finishing top 10 & having fun -> (implies) good stats

WHAT?

Other then that you can have fi/co that target BS/CR, but you have to nerf the eta then. Make fi/co's with FR eta then. I have always been a proponent of cross breeding ships. Like the first ship that was really my pet project, the pegasus round 6. A destroyer with what then was CO eta. You can have stuff like that again to make it fun. But no BS/CR targetting ship with FI eta.
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 22:57   #126
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

No one in their right mind would use CR/BS attack fleets if FI/CO target them on their current eta. Some of us still remember R13 Cath!
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 22:58   #127
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

The old Wyvern, a BS with FR/DE eta

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 22:58   #128
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think the point in that discussion should not be about class, but about eta. Which at the moment are very linked, but I think, for the sake of the argument and maybe future development, shouldn't be.
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 23:09   #129
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

There was a Fr at one point that had fi/co eta too, wasn't there?

It's an interesting idea regardless...a 'heavy fi' with bs eta; a 'battlecruiser' with de eta, etc.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 23:12   #130
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post

It's an interesting idea regardless...a 'heavy fi' with bs eta; a 'battlecruiser' with de eta, etc.
It was I think called the Centaur, targetted Fi/Co and then you had the chimera with t3=*. Fun set of stats those. But yeah it is a concept I like. Be less standard in the ships. Diversify!
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 23:43   #131
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:

that sounds like something interesting

Unread 6 Apr 2009, 00:02   #132
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
I want to avoid CR/BS targeting FI/CO too. Except perhaps an EMP ship, but generally i'm gonna try and avoid it.
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
xan fi/co still too strong, low init/cloak and ofc low eta

something needs to give!

lo isil/jbg o/
After last round's thread, your opinion shouldn't count.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 01:01   #133
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

I definately find the idea of different etas within the same classes interesting. If nothing else just to mix things up, aslong as you dont have to sacrifice balance for it.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 08:23   #134
isildurx

I agree
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 08:56   #135
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What would the idea add to the game?

The battlecruiser couldnt join your FR/DE fleet even with the ETA, is it would have no flak.. unless of course it had lower ETA and fired first?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 09:13   #136
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
What would the idea add to the game?

The battlecruiser couldnt join your FR/DE fleet even with the ETA, is it would have no flak.. unless of course it had lower ETA and fired first?
You are not that stupid Light, it would increase the variation of fleet tactics.

You can boost your CR/BS attack a tick later with a massive influx of said cruisers, who then can only be stopped by FR/DE defence. Also if it targets for instance FR/DE it would be a pretty hardcore def ship. Ofcourse costs etc need to be balanced in this case.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 10:35   #137
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Why not?
A ship that zero-loss kills all attack fleets across 2 classes is generally a bad idea.

IMO you're better off with an uber low init FR/DE that's awesome at killing FI/CO than something that's completely immune.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 11:12   #138
isildurx

You were having your set ready for betatesting one of these days Gate?
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 11:19   #139
Gate
;D!

Quote:
You were having your set ready for betatesting one of these days Gate?
Gonna be this evening, got delayed by family bereavement.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 11:25   #140
isildurx

Ok, cant wait to (constructively) criticise it
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 13:16   #141
M0RPH3US
idle

meanwhile you can look at r32 stats

i tweaked the orginal version of mine

most changes for etd and zik (upgraded both)
implemented Slow/Fast ships
Xan now the only race without flak for their SK´s

and before you critizise it wouldnt be possible to build a few ships a race, check again
for all races its possible to build ships against everything using 3 or 4 diffrent ships (not saying those are the best choices, but sometimes they are (cathaar?))

have fun reading, i know your all bored anyhow

Edit: lol i forgot the link >>> http://pastebin.com/f12a280cc

Edit2: erm Smuggler is eta+1 not +2

Last edited by M0RPH3US; 6 Apr 2009 at 16:40.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 16:15   #142
Rio
Denial

Rio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Gonna be this evening, got delayed by family bereavement.
Public beta? or...
Rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 19:43   #143
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio View Post
Public beta? or...
Putting a set up here first.

Here y'all go.

Like I said, someone in my family had the bad grace to die on us, so I wasn't able to spare the time to do it properly. This needs a good run over and hopefully we have a beta set by tomorrow or Wednesday.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 20:26   #144
isildurx

First of all. Fix the xan FI\CO. I dont know if this is supposed to be a joke but as it stands at the moment they are FAR too good as far as I can see.
There NEEDS to either be a downgrading of xan fico or some ship ingal that has init 3 that kills fi and or co.

(I hate to say DLR wanting to go fico plays a part in these stats but...)
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 20:40   #145
Gate
;D!

Quote:
(I hate to say DLR wanting to go fico plays a part in these stats but...)
To be clear, I'm not planning on playing next round and I've not spoken with anyone in DLR about this. There's no malicious intentions.

Where would you suggest adding an ingal FI/CO killer? I did want to fit one in, but I'm not sure which race to put it in, since it would be painful to the FI/CO fleets.

Slight problem with adding one is that all races have an FR or DE attack fleet, and this would uber them against FI/CO xands. This encourages me to consider a BS->FI/CO killer. But like I said, I don't like all FI/CO fleets being so easily stopped by a single ingal fleet.

So the things which spring to mind are:
- make arrowhead kind of like this round's harpy by making it trade fire with the xand attack fleet. But make CO its t2.
- out of class FR/DE class low init CO killer. Could make the cerberus target CO/FR at low init. Or give it to a zik DE or cath FR. I'm loath to add more to the etd FR/DE arsenal and the r15 tzen still leaves me feeling ill.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 20:44   #146
isildurx

Change Pillager to init 3 anti FI?
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 20:53   #147
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Change Pillager to init 3 anti FI?
Sounds like a good idea.

If no-one comes up with a good reason against it, I'll put that in the next set.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 21:03   #148
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I don't see the problem at all. Xan might be good at getting roids in that statset but they'll find it pretty hard to hold them. Not to mention that D/C for the only 2 usable Fi/Co ships is as bad as I would say it's ever been.

There are other ways to ensure balance that don't also ruin playability. The point is for the race as a whole to be balanced, not each individual fleet types.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 21:04   #149
isildurx

The bomber is always bad, and cr\bs usually is the easiest class to get defence against. I dont mind fi\co being good but as it is now they can roid every race 0 loss except themselves. A bit to much imo.
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 21:15   #150
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It will be impossible to solo cats (unless they are close to your bash limit) as their emp is once more hugtasticly powerful. It won't be worth the effort to hit ziks once they have decent steal as other targets will generally be easier. Alliance def wise the Arrowhead isn't that bad, it gets hit first at T2 but returns fire at T1 and the Banshee is excellent as it will kill accompanying Phantoms type 1 whilst only having fire returned at it in T2.

Stop directly associating a fleets ability to attack with it potential for landing, they are completely separate. I rarely post on stat threads as I don't enjoy reading them so much but I'm doing so now because you guys you are heading down the road to ruining what might be the most balanced xan statset in a while.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote