User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: What do YOU think is the best name for round XIV?
Echos of TIme 18 12.95%
Scars of War 18 12.95%
An Empty Throne 57 41.01%
Revelations 11 7.91%
Beyond the Illusion 13 9.35%
Divided Loyalties 22 15.83%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 1 Jul 2005, 06:20   #51
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Vote: Name the round competition for round XIV

I voted "An Empty Throne" I think its quite fitting. A new round, anybody can win, any alliance can win, and any galaxy can win. its an empty throne for the taking.
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2005, 08:57   #52
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
But how will I get my uber-leet intel if you change your planet name
\o/
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2005, 20:28   #53
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

So you're saying that the winning alliance in a round of PA gets to 'rule' the game in the future?

Bollocks!
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 20:01   #54
Ginga
Reassuringly Expensive

Ginga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these partsGinga is infamous around these parts

Whats wrong with calling it "Round 14" ?
Ginga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 16:28   #55
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

It's called that as well...

Heh. 'Empty Throne' seems like an even worse name to me know, I just read the 2nd book of the Earthsea Quartet, 'The Tombs of Atuan' and there's a throne in that that is dedicated to the 'nameless ones', and it's just called 'The Empty Throne' because no human is allowed to sit upon it...
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 21:24   #56
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
It's called that as well...

Heh. 'Empty Throne' seems like an even worse name to me know, I just read the 2nd book of the Earthsea Quartet, 'The Tombs of Atuan' and there's a throne in that that is dedicated to the 'nameless ones', and it's just called 'The Empty Throne' because no human is allowed to sit upon it...
For more on 'nameless ones' see Raymond E Feist. Books in the Serpentwar saga have a Nameless One, and we find that his(?) dreams affect our reality. Sorry if i spoiled it for you
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 22:35   #57
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

<3 Feist. The nameless one thing is pretty cool, I wish he'd release more books quicker. An empty throne does obviously relate to Exil, although I'm sure 1up are eyeing it up
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 16:37   #58
Neferti
part time ghost

Feist, eh?

I'm not really a fantasy reader, I tend more towards sci-fi, so I've never read any of Feist's books, but I have heard of him. Maybe I will take a look
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 18:41   #59
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

an empty throne is lame
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 21:28   #60
vd3a

vd3a is an unknown quantity at this point

good job religfree
Unread 7 Jul 2005, 22:44   #61
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
Feist, eh?

I'm not really a fantasy reader, I tend more towards sci-fi, so I've never read any of Feist's books, but I have heard of him. Maybe I will take a look
Highly recomend Feist (you really have to start at the beginning and read them chronologically though ). I'm stuck for more sci-fi though. I have read all the Iain M Banks and Robert Reed books i can get my dirty paws on, but want suggestions for another equal-calibre author. PM though me if you can help, so we dont get whined at for going off-topic

Modz Rule OK