User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Sep 2004, 16:49   #1
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Green Wing

its on C4 tonight at 9:30 and is the best new sitcom i have seen for absolutely AGES

i suggest that anyone else who is going to be in at that time watch it.

do it do it do it!!!!
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 16:51   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Green Wing

is that a grebe?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 16:52   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I taped it last Friday thinking it might be a decent sitcom. I was majorly disappointed. I will however tape it again tonight while i am working in the hope that it gets better.
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 18:36   #4
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve

Its the second worst comedy to grace UK tv, after Smack The Pony and i hear STP are involved in this utter mince called Green Wing. Its so laid back a funny part is no longer funny. I watched it last week in shock at how bad it was only that got a 'heh' out of me was the piercing assholes part.

The direction is awful and who had the idea of speeding up nearly every scene till they get to the talking then slowing it normal rate then speeding it up again after the scene, so nnoying.

Its as bad as a comedy that is not funny but has a laughter track in the backgroun, like that BBC one with that guy Truman from eastenders and everyone was black in it, very unfunny.

Every single clip trailer for Green Wing is not funny, but you can see its potential if done different it could make you laugh and have you in stitches but no it chose not to. Its trying to be something its not, most likely trying to be Scrubs, but its awful and i hope ch4 ratings slump and they bin it

p.s even worse it on friday night !!!
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 19:59   #5
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighter
Its the second worst comedy to grace UK tv, after Smack The Pony and i hear STP are involved in this utter mince called Green Wing. Its so laid back a funny part is no longer funny. I watched it last week in shock at how bad it was only that got a 'heh' out of me was the piercing assholes part.

The direction is awful and who had the idea of speeding up nearly every scene till they get to the talking then slowing it normal rate then speeding it up again after the scene, so nnoying.

Its as bad as a comedy that is not funny but has a laughter track in the backgroun, like that BBC one with that guy Truman from eastenders and everyone was black in it, very unfunny.

Every single clip trailer for Green Wing is not funny, but you can see its potential if done different it could make you laugh and have you in stitches but no it chose not to. Its trying to be something its not, most likely trying to be Scrubs, but its awful and i hope ch4 ratings slump and they bin it

p.s even worse it on friday night !!!
1st point, youre an idiot.

ill write the rest of this post later
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 21:32   #6
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
1st point, youre an idiot.

ill write the rest of this post later
heh, your the one who likes this awful show....so

anyway you best be off its starting again
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 21:34   #7
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Drop the Dead Donkey > *
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 23:55   #8
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Watched it tonight, thought it was rather decent.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 00:08   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ryzekiel_
Watched it tonight, thought it was rather decent.
edit: although i agree about the fast forwarding thing, that's a TV gimmick that I wish had never been thought up

Last edited by LHC; 11 Sep 2004 at 00:22.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 00:12   #10
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Just saw it, absolute crap.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 01:55   #11
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

strange

It didnt have false laughter which made it > Friends or other usual american pish though

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2004, 18:02   #12
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr0 MK III
Just saw it, absolute crap.
It raised 1 "heh" out of me
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 17:28   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I watched it last night, or a repeat of it or something, honest to god it doesn't really matter to me now.

This show is very, very poor.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 17:59   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

you all have crap senses of humour
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 19:43   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shut it, laffo.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 21:26   #16
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

i thought it was ok, on the other hand "Grumpy old men " 0wns imo
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 21:57   #17
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

The difference is that Grumpy Old Men is funny people being funny about things that are amusing, whereas Green Wing is a team of writers seeing just how many times they can flog that horse before it dies, which they have since indirectly informed me is 'none'.
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 21:59   #18
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Grumpy old men is sheer class
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 13:56   #19
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Green Wing was good. Some points were a little overplayed, especially the irritating anestesioligist. Quite alot of good points however.
I'm sure it'll settle into good comedy after some teething problems etc.

Overall
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:07   #20
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone noticed that Henry's opinions on posters/tv/what's funny lately has been extremely poor lately?

Is he going cold turkey or something?

He used to be cool, please dont' tell me it was the drugs.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:09   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the fast-slow motion thing is driving me to the point of homicidal rage because i hate it but i really like everything else about the program
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 17:17   #22
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i had a dream about this last night even though i haven't watched it
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 21:31   #23
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

For the most parts, it isn't funny. Had it been more random sketches, they yes I would have enjoyed it far more, instead they made it into a storyline and are making lame jokes based upon the story, not making jokes because they make you laugh

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2004, 22:04   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
i had a dream about this last night even though i haven't watched it
i had a dream about you last night

anyway, paul, im just wondering when you thought i used to be good? im pretty sure i woulda liked green wing 6 months ago and my tastes havent even changed since then. So what exactly are you on about?
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 17:13   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I saw Early Doors for the first time last night. It's much better than Green Wing...
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 17:17   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I for some reason was mixing up Early Doors with Eyes Down for a second, and was about to Jihad to the max.
Unread 14 Sep 2004, 17:20   #27
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Sorry, but I'm addicted to Takeshi's Castle. Channel 4 just doesn't enter the equation any more.