User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:27   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Games we own, but don't give enough love to

Talking with giles the other day (on the subject of the number of PC games which have high quality as one of their properties), we noticed that we both own large numbers of games which we haven't finished, and are good enough that we should devote more time to them, but don't, for whichever reason (usually being a combination of the words 'Two' and 'Civilisation').

A quick gander upon my shelf leaves me with a pile of games next to my mouse; these being

Thief II: The Metal Age
Homeworld
Homeworld 2
X-Wing Alliance*
Railroad Tycoon 2
Medieval Total War
Republic
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron
Hostile Waters (with an introduction voiced over by Tom Baker)

and

Freespace 2 would be there, but it's a big cardboard monstrosity from the days or yore, rather than a DVD box. (*of course, X-Wing Alliance is rendered totally redundent by the existance of Freespace 2, which is one of the best games ever made)

Earth 2150 would have made this list, but I can only find Disk 2. I suspect Giles has Disk 1.

What are your forgotten gems, relics of a past age?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:30   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Games we own, but don't give enough love to

I think I'll try and finish Baldur's Gate at the weekend.

Mabye then I can move onto Baldur's Gate two!

Hey, at this rate I'll be ready to move onto MMORPG's by 2024.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:31   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Games we own, but don't give enough love to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I think I'll try and finish Baldur's Gate at the weekend.

Mabye then I can move onto Baldur's Gate two!
BG2 is epic, truly epic.

The best game of the type, though, is Planescape: Torment, made between BG and BG2, which is a true masterwork of the genre.

Quote:
Hey, at this rate I'll be ready to move onto MMORPG's by 2024.
By then, they may have gotten good.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:33   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Games we own, but don't give enough love to

I can't become sidetracked. The plan has to work on a very precise timescale.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:34   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I can't become sidetracked. The plan has to work on a very precise timescale.
BG2 has such a better interface than BG1. It's actually USABLE.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:39   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Railroad Tycoon 2
I have the original Transport Tycoon somewhere, many an hour was taken up playing that .
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:43   #7
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Starcraft: Broodwar
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:45   #8
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I haven't played Sim Tower in yonks. Used to waste so many hours on that, simply because it was about the only game that would run on my ancient laptop.

Or indeed Theme Park. Now there's a classic game of world domination.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:46   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I had Theme Park on the SNES. That and the SNES Sim City port convinced me of the value of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
Starcraft: Broodwar
I'm not a fan of BW, I prefer Vanilla Starcraft.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:46   #10
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

bg2 is fun... make sure you kill all the dragons. except the silver one, he/she is nice. And apparently not that difficult anyway.

games i have but havent completed is a fairly short list...

commandos 1
commandos 2 (those games are complete buggers im tellin' ye)
theif 2
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:48   #11
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wing Commander 1, 2, 3, 4

5 was ok, but after Chris Roberts left it turned to shit.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:48   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
bg2 is fun... make sure you kill all the dragons. except the silver one, he/she is nice. And apparently not that difficult anyway.
Adalon. She gives you stuff!
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:50   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Rise of Nations.

I've been playing it practically on a daily basis since it came out, but you just can't love it enough!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:56   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Adalon. She gives you stuff!
what do you get if you kill her? apart from the silver dragon blood to make that weird thing of course.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:57   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Wind Waker, FF10 both criminally neglected by me.
I haven't even started on console games I haven't finished (that was a great sentence)

In no particular order...

Super Star Wars
Super R-Type
Chaos Engine
Secret of Mana
Zombies Ate My Neighbour
Diddy Kong Racing
Jet Force Gemini
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Axelay
Zelda II: The Adventures of Link
Resident Evil: Zero
Super Ghouls and Ghosts (That's diabolically hard though, so I have an excuse)
F-Zero GX (ditto)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (ditto)
Mario Sunshine
Zelda: The Wind Waker
Time Splitters 2 (actually, scratch that one, it's rubbish)
Mario Kart: Double Dash (So close )
Pikmin
Metroid Prime

If we change that to games that I haven't played in a while, that turns it into

Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Brothers 2
Super Mario Brothers 3
Super Mario Brothers: The Lost Levels
Mario 64
Super Mario World
The Lost Vikings
Starwing
Lylat Wars
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Rock N Roll Racing
Snake Rattle N Roll

and, possibly one of the best (and most obscure) of the lot, Little Nemo: The Dreammaster (it's based on a comic from 1905ish).

[edit]

And that's just nintendo consoles. And not the Gameboy.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 17:58   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
what do you get if you kill her? apart from the silver dragon blood to make that weird thing of course.
The same things you get given if you don't. It's pretty pointless to do it, but it's nice and characterful because you can use the eggs to get a powerful item off that demon.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 18:00   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Rise of Nations.

I've been playing it practically on a daily basis since it came out, but you just can't love it enough!
The XP will actually give it a single player mode WORTH PLAYING! (over skirmish)
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 18:03   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Games we own, but have given too much love to

Zen: The Intergalactic Ninja. It's a gameboy game, it's worse than it sounds. The only plus side to this entire episode is that I didn't pay for it.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 18:08   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
The XP will actually give it a single player mode WORTH PLAYING! (over skirmish)
I don't play the Campaign these days, just Quick Battle. Though even that's getting a bit crappy cos I can beat it on Toughest now and haven't managed to get it to work on the Internet to play against real people :/

Hopefully the expansion will keep me going though
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 18:26   #20
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
The same things you get given if you don't. It's pretty pointless to do it, but it's nice and characterful because you can use the eggs to get a powerful item off that demon.
im also assuming if you kill her you get the silver blood for the stuff... and i dont remember getting the eggs. + loads of experience i assume. Not completely pointless then.

i just felt like being nice cos she had been nice to me
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 18:47   #21
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light

I only mourn not having completed some of the better early ninetees games as they were original and genre defining and also because they nowadays invariably look extremely crappy.
-Reunion (only with money cheat)
-Dark Sun 1
-Ultima Underworld
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 21:22   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Brood War
Wipeout 2097
Transport Tycoon Deluxe
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 21:39   #23
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have played all my games extensively
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 21:39   #24
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

planescape torment. I played for about 45 minutes and never came back to it
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 22:15   #25
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Champ Manager.

I don't think I have given enough of my lifetime to this, clearly 4 years isn't enough.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 22:38   #26
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Somebody mentioned Sim Tower. Now, that was a pearl! It was the only game I had for a old mac laptop i had.
Master of Orion 2 is a true classic, as is Daggerfall. I miss playing those games! Also, Magic : The gathering was pretty cool.
I miss my Super Nintendo gaming experiences. I've lots one of the cables, and im to lazy to try to find a replacement, so all those good old games just lies around, unplayed
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 23:20   #27
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I'm not a fan of BW, I prefer Vanilla Starcraft.
how's it better? I went straight to bw as more people play it
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 23:23   #28
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
planescape torment. I played for about 45 minutes and never came back to it
fool.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 23:41   #29
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
how's it better? I went straight to bw as more people play it
Brood War created more suicide builds. In the original starcraft a v early zergling rush (or if you were playing a 64x64 map SCV rush) were the two only non economical builds that could score you a win early game if pulled off successfully but left you defeated mid/late game if not. In my mind the Zergling rush was relatively too easy to pull off (like fools mate in chess) and as soooo o many people used it permanently affected the style the game was played in and destroyed a whole branch of interesting mid/late marathon game builds which made the game v v engrossing.

With Brood wars you now had at your disposal, Lurker Drop rushes, DT drop rushes, and corsair rushes which all had their specific advantages against specific races but required a rather largely one sided and weak defended build. DT's and Lurkers punished people who even got detection too harshly especially Terran, Corsairs punished Zerg too harshly and as it was it made some specific maps unplayable due to the feasibility of going unnoticed using one of these stratagems. In the true sense of warfare these kind of battleplans are too haphazard to be a long term feasible battleplan and are as such luck builds. No-one wants to play a real-time luck game.

Starcraft Vanilla stylee therefore had a much more loyal following of old school skilled players as the results were less chance and more macro and micro skills. (likewise Valkryie's were the worst unit ever due to the fact that their effectiveness was impeded by how many sprites the game could support on screen making them a dud air to air unit.)

Skillful players did get around brood wars cheaper tactics but in the end it provided less opponents who could play the game at a 'kasparov' level.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 02:25   #30
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron
owning that game covers a multitude of sins.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 05:00   #31
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have a whole bunch of games I'd liek to play, like Homeworld 2, H&D 1&2, Aliens vs Predator 1&2, plus a load of time in hotels to play them in, but........

YOU CAN'T PLAY THESE GAMES ON A SHITTY 1GHz laptop with 16MB of GFX RAM.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 10:43   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
Far Cry
That game needs more AI, not more love.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 10:55   #33
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

still havent completed icewind dale 2 (manly because i finally got hold of frozen throne which has occupied my time since then)
and to my shame i have yet to start BG2 which MrL has lent to me (going to start i this weekend i promise though)
HOMM3
HOMM4

thats about it really
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 10:58   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
How could you not complete Axelay, it is only half an hour long.
By only playing it for 5 minutes. I only got it a couple of months ago.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 11:22   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Don't bother, the musics OK but it looks a bit ropey now, looked sweet back 94 or whenever it was though.
If graphics made me not play games, I wouldn't have a NES, or Civ 2.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 11:31   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Yesbut I don't know if you recall bu tthe only reason to play Axelay back in the day was that it had superior graffices, aside from thatit is a very average shooter, akthough Lylat wars borrows 2 of its levels randomly. The best spaceship shooter on the SNES was either Parodius or Starwing imho.
Parodius was good, but unfortunately I don't have a copy. I do have Starwing though, but that's a different kind of game.

I also have the absurdly twee Pop N Twin Bee.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 11:51   #37
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I thought SWIV on the amiga was a pretty bad ass shooter. I didnt play a lot of shooters on the 16 bit consoles though but I liked parodius, a pitty about the cartoonish grafx
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 11:52   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Twinbee is in Parodius as well, basically Konami covered themsleves in glory when it game to consistent quality SNES publishing.
Pseudosequel wasn't it?
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 12:43   #39
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:

By then, they may have gotten good.
Sacred is absolutley ACE! it is similiar to diablo with more quest and better graphic. however i dont know if oyu count this to MMMOPRG.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 13:06   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
Sacred is absolutley ACE! it is similiar to diablo with more quest and better graphic. however i dont know if oyu count this to MMMOPRG.
Diablo (DII especially) online basically becomes a chore, to find the items, to find better items, and so on, so you just play the same sections over and over and over again.

Diablo isn't the best comparison to make if you're trying to say it's good.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 13:11   #41
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have to say, my ancient copy of Risk II deserves more love than it gets.
We dug it out from under the piles of dust and had a 4 player network game the other day, it's surprisingly fun - especially when you can yell insults up and down the stairs at your opponents
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 13:17   #42
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Also, Deus Ex. I am at the end of the second level and I really loved it but I just didn't return on it. Still got it installed so I might do so eventually.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 13:18   #43
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
I never became "Dangerous" in Elite.

I am Elite
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 13:21   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I never became "Dangerous" in Elite.
0-8 Harmless
9-16 Mostly harmless
17-32 Poor
33-64 Average
65-128 Above average
129-767 Competent
768-2815 Dangerous
2816-6655 Deadly
6656+ ELITE

You're rubbish.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 13:22   #45
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

damn I think I go play elite/frontier or first encounters when i get home instead of studying for my re-exams
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 13:58   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Well once I had gotten a big arse ship I just spent my time doing the imperial missions rather than killing people, in 1st encounters once I had the Thargoid ship I sort of stopped.
You're talking about some sort of CRAZY VERSION.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 14:24   #47
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

soon a new version of Pirates! will be released. Let's talk about that.
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 14:53   #48
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Word has it there's an Elite 4 being planned...
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 15:01   #49
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Well, I say "word". What I mean is http://www.frontier.co.uk/games/elite4/faq.html
Unread 25 Mar 2004, 16:12   #50
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
soon a new version of Pirates! will be released. Let's talk about that.

YES! HELL YES! i am actually looking for a copy of this and if i ever find one (im talking about the origianl NES version here) i am going to buy a NES just to play it!