User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 01:07   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
The Darkness

the new Queen....or crap 80's metal revival?

and please tell me that Justin Hawkins is gay, cuz no straight man should be allowed to sing or wear shit like that

Last edited by Dilly_D; 4 Jan 2004 at 01:12.
Dilly_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 01:09   #2
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Darkness

Queen are fantastic.

The Darkness suck.

They are neither the new Queen or 80's revival metal. They just suck.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 01:16   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Darkness are ok, christmas one was crap but a good excuse to get 'bells end' into a song.

Great for screaming to when drunk in the middle of 'the toon'.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 01:16   #4
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

justin copies freddie mercury. the only way he copies him is his love of spandex and being camp. their music is nothing like queens and it doesn't have anything on it at all. IN MY OPINION queen are the best band ever!!!!!!!11 the darkness are dodgy and I find them irritating and they won't be fashionable this time next year, so they won't be famous and will be hasbeens.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 01:20   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

The guitar-work is very May-esque at times, I'm pretty sure thats the main reason for the comparison.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 01:21   #6
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

neither. just a very solid, cheesy/retro metal band wrapped up in a ball of aceness.

ps he's straight, and married to their tour manager. a radio 1 docushite said so
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 02:02   #7
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

led zeppelin wannabes
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 02:16   #8
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

They are just hitting Canada from what I hear.

They have two singles that will get played to death.

They are kitsch. Consider them a fad band. Like the Fugees

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 02:31   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

incidentally, Permission to Land was supposedly originally going to be called 'Lowestoft Common Denominator' which i think is a bit ace
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 03:38   #10
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I hate him.
The music is ok i suppose.
But all camp-rock is crap unless it is Queen.
And he reminds me of someone an ex i'm still not properly over really liked. Which winds me up no end.
Long haired bastards (p.s. i'm growing my hair long, but not that long. 'King Hippies)
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 04:20   #11
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
They are just hitting Canada from what I hear.

They have two singles that will get played to death.

They are kitsch. Consider them a fad band. Like the Fugees
I Believe in a Thing Called Love is all over the radio here atm...has been for a few weeks now

/edit: they actually sound kinda shit, but I find 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love' strangely good
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 07:47   #12
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

They've been out here for over a year, sweeped all the awards, done a xmas single, Expect them to die out like every other band that lives off two anthemic rock singles (Reef etc.)

p.s. pm me these names of those deep people.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 08:10   #13
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
(Reef etc.)

p.s. pm me these names of those deep people.
Reef rocks...I don't care what anyone says

(the pm is on it's way)
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 08:23   #14
Evergreen
the merciless

Oh I went to see Reef live twice.

The second time was more of a disappointment though especially when you realised everyone around you was still loving their early stuff and not the new stuff they had written.

I lost my signed ticket stub though signed by all the members.

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 08:33   #15
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Oh I went to see Reef live twice.

The second time was more of a disappointment though especially when you realised everyone around you was still loving their early stuff and not the new stuff they had written.

I lost my signed ticket stub though signed by all the members.
well, can't really blame the people tho, Replenish is such an ace album
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 08:37   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Aye, mighty shame sometimes 1 album is all some bands really have.

Got your pm btw cheers I'll get back to you with anythng goss wise soon :P

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 08:40   #17
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Aye, mighty shame sometimes 1 album is all some bands really have.

Got your pm btw cheers I'll get back to you with anythng goss wise soon :P
righto...btw, how old is your gf

and...are you moving to deep river...I think I remember you saying something about moving to Canada...but I don't remember where abouts you were going
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 08:47   #18
Evergreen
the merciless

She's 19 but deep river is a small town and she's worked in almost all the places there that people have to use (a pizza takeaway, a museum and the local supermarket)

I'm moving to ottawa, we are looking ahead to her getting into ottawa U. Deep River is too small town and the only reasons you'd want to live there is to work something menial or to work in it's nuclear power plant.

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 08:51   #19
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Ottawa, lovely city indeed...I hope to move there after graduation next year...and since yer gf is 19, I'm 100% positive she'll atleast know the names I gave you.

Anyways, I really must get to bed...enjoy the rest of your time here, until next time I bid you adieu
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 11:58   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I can't believe I'm going to be the first one to have to point out how overrated Queen are anyway, and if a band that was better than them came along it would instantly be dismissed as "TEH QUEEN WANNABES FFFSSSSSS THEY SUXXXXX!!!!".
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 12:19   #21
Evergreen
the merciless

You say first one like there will be other people who will agree with you.

I certainly hope the gene pool hasn't degraded as far as to allow for more likeminded humans as you for that to be backed up but I'm not fearing it.

I think you listen to pop too much to know what Queen are.

Unread 4 Jan 2004, 12:59   #22
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

queen are rather over rated imo
but no more so than any other hero worship crap

the darkness chap needs a slap for wearing such stupid clothes
(but then so do all the idiotic teenagers wearing enormous jeans that drag in puddles when they walk)
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:28   #23
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the guitar is very simliar to queen.

thats what reminds me of them. tbh the band itself probablly isnt quite as good as the hype surrounding them suggests.

HOWEVAR

i am praying they do absolutely aces because it will mean the revival of the whole 'happy rock' genre.
no more whinging about your parents
no more crap about wanting to die
no more screaming, moaning etc down the mic

more bands will be signed up doing a simliar thing and before you know it were back to the heady days of queen style rock bands ocne more.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:58   #24
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

YOU GOT ME IN A SPIN BUT EVERYTHING IS A-OK
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 15:59   #25
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

They're fantastic
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:43   #26
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Darkness are :up:
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 20:23   #27
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

to quote the address of their website, THE DARKNESS ROCK
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 20:26   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
I can't believe I'm going to be the first one to have to point out how overrated Queen are anyway, and if a band that was better than them came along it would instantly be dismissed as "TEH QUEEN WANNABES FFFSSSSSS THEY SUXXXXX!!!!".
Muse are pretty great duder :coolio:

(And the darkness are really terrible. Their Street Spirit cover is okish (it misses out the best bit of the song), but then Street Spirit is the best song ever. The rest of their stuff is poor at best)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 21:09   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Muse aren't bad yo, although I haven't got their latest album yo as I am poor and on a 56k.

I sense you might not like 'happy' bands with your favourite song being Street Spirit though. Don't even think it's the best Radiohead track myself.

End of day Darkness are good fun, I'm not sure if they are either a good band, or a good pisstake.
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 21:56   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think they're serious.

And I like the Beach Boys duder, I don't think you can get more happy.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 01:12   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Queen are fantastic.

The Darkness suck.

They are neither the new Queen or 80's revival metal. They just suck.
When this post was made, there really became no need for me to add anything (but i did anyway).

Get over it, stop analysing them in terms of their influences etc.. they just suck.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote