User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Nov 2004, 09:38   #101
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Ha Guys, HL2 is coming out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
The only poor thing in the game is the sound, which is jerky sometimes.
This is the result of graphics loading mid play, and it jams the system up. As sayo said, a patch will be out very soon, probably today I think.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 17:49   #102
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what about doom3? is that brainless?
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 18:16   #103
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
Incredibly so.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 01:07   #104
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Whoah, just installed it and played for the first time, it sooo rocks! looks amazing!

Can really recommend this to any of you who have a "decent" pc.
And enough cash ofcoz
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 10:46   #105
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
brainless AND claustrophobic
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 10:58   #106
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

well I finished it last night. I found the last bit a little disappointing though not as bad as Zen, Or Xan or whetever it was from HL .... and far too easy, though the weapon you get near the end was good fun.

One question though, how many times did people see G-Man through the game? I caught him once on one of the monitors in Nova Prospekt, but that's all.

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 11:21   #107
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My mate claims he was standing atop a crane or something while you were on the airboat, though I didn't see him. I've not actually seen him at all /o\
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 11:42   #108
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

I saw him walking past me, high up on a gantry somewhere before Ravenholm, but not since (and I'm now on Highway17).
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 12:29   #109
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I saw him on the airboat level watching you from the dam, he's in the highway level (If you look through the binoculars in the combine observation post he's talking to a resistance leader) and in Nova Porspekt.

I played on medium and then hard mode it was tricky in some places but nothing over the top, how many FPS games are generally hard though ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 13:46   #110
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I saw him on the airboat level watching you from the dam, he's in the highway level (If you look through the binoculars in the combine observation post he's talking to a resistance leader) and in Nova Porspekt.
aah right. I must have not been paying attention to the binoculars then. I looked through them but don't remember G-Man.
Quote:
I played on medium and then hard mode it was tricky in some places but nothing over the top, how many FPS games are generally hard though ?
true, but "Our Benefactors" and "Dark Energy" were not challenging at all I found. "Anticitizen One" was much better, especially when they are slowly blowing that building up about you, and the striders are doing their best to cook you alive.

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 13:58   #111
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
It is brainless but it's definately worth playing for the atmosphere alone.

Especially if you've got a good sound card/speaker system set-up on the go.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 16:57   #112
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Just finished it and i gotta say. Is that it?
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 17:03   #113
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
One question though, how many times did people see G-Man through the game? I caught him once on one of the monitors in Nova Prospekt, but that's all.
he's in there more then 10 times.
Unread 25 Nov 2004, 14:54   #114
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

can sum1 post me sum cool HL2 screenshots am bored at work n need sum eye candy

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Nov 2004, 08:31   #115
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
can sum1 post me sum cool HL2 screenshots am bored at work n need sum eye candy
http://images.google.de/images?q=hal...r=&sa=N&tab=wi

Unread 26 Nov 2004, 16:58   #116
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
well I finished it last night. I found the last bit a little disappointing though not as bad as Zen, Or Xan or whetever it was from HL .... and far too easy, though the weapon you get near the end was good fun.
I thought the ending was excellent. Remember the way that (unprefunded) trilogies work: the first one has to be stand alone, the second is developing the story (think of the unbelievable number of loose ends) and the third is resolution. Look at Star Wars; look at The Matrix.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 11:47   #117
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

Quote:
i liked quite a few FPS' Doom, quake, UT... HL was just boring though, i finished the single player on normal in a day, and didnt feel like playing it on anything else, so never bothered again.

compare that to quake, which i played through on normal, then hard, then nightmare, then i repeated it on nightmare 6 or 7 times at least. Its not that im not (wasnt) a fan of FPS', its just HL was a bit bland.
But Quake had not plot or anything and was very dull
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 11:48   #118
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
Sierra are aware of the sound issue, so there should be a patch soon (if not already).
Just a small correction. Sierra have nothing to do with the patches . Valve are the daddy.
Unread 27 Nov 2004, 14:22   #119
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I thought the ending was excellent. Remember the way that (unprefunded) trilogies work: the first one has to be stand alone, the second is developing the story (think of the unbelievable number of loose ends) and the third is resolution. Look at Star Wars; look at The Matrix.
I don't mean so much the way the game ended, I mean the last 2 levels really., though admittedly there was a "woah this is cool" feeling as you rise into the dizzy heights of the citadel.

there will be a HL3?

Unread 1 Dec 2004, 10:31   #120
Radical Edward

HL2 Deathmatch has been released AAA++++++

Unread 1 Dec 2004, 10:58   #121
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I wasn't that excited about HL2. Mainly because I chose to be, as there's no way it'd run on my old laptop -so didn't want to be jealous of the people who could play it.

Then I went to my mate's, and he went out. I saw it lying there.

About an hour later I'm hooked. I'm quite jumpy when it comes to games, and those first bits where you don't even have a gun and are running away from the 1984 style guards with the zappy stick things was scary Plus my friend's girlfriend was next to me going "aaah! No! That way! Shit! Run!" which didn't help things.

It looked pretty ****ing ace. The physics themselves are a marvel.

I wish I had a decent computer
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 13:57   #122
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

HL2 DM is amazing, just played three maps of it, the physics are awesome, why they didn't release this with HL2 I'll never know.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 15:39   #123
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
HL2 DM is amazing, just played three maps of it, the physics are awesome, why they didn't release this with HL2 I'll never know.
to show off steam, I suppose. They might also have been waiting for this recent court ruling

Unread 2 Dec 2004, 05:55   #124
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Vivendi are mother ****ers who bought up every successful software game development house with imaginary capital thanks to the tech boom and are now leeching for their corporate lives off the names of these software companies while doing sweet FA.

And guess what, Brittany Spears dad is part of the Incompetent leeching Vivendi powermongers.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote