User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Jun 2004, 03:16   #1
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[opera] now with smug mode

link is BBC news...

Users are being told to avoid using Internet Explorer until Microsoft patches a serious security hole in it.

This is where we revel in our geekdom and speculate whether the great unwashed (IE users) will even know about the latest security loophole, let alone fix it or know how to get an alternate browser.

activating smug mode

[on]
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 03:18   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: [opera] now with smug mode

or just disable activex, which isnt really that hard, and is easier than switching to fag-o-browsers.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 03:20   #3
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ah, but active what? is what millions would say if you said it to them...
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 03:22   #4
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Any idea what sites these are?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 03:44   #5
1-X
overtired

"many popular websites" isn't very helpful, is it?

Seems it's potentially any unpatched IIS 5.0 servers, so that's probably an awful lot*

*note I haven't got a clue
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 03:53   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Probably the BBC one, that'd be ironic!
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 04:27   #7
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Yah I disabled active-x ages ago.

Click Click.

Firefox and Opera seems like lots of work just for something that does the same as I.E.

The fact remains, the people who depend on I.E. aren't going to exactly be able to pick up opera or Firefox or neccessarily be enthused by how it works.

The people on I.E. who could switch to firefox or opera with no problems but are staying there know how to make it work fine with a zillion times less effort.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 04:40   #8
1-X
overtired

a zillion times less effort?

Leshy will deal with you later
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 08:36   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
The people on I.E. who could switch to firefox or opera with no problems but are staying there know how to make it work fine with a zillion times less effort.
Quote:
Firefox and Opera seems like lots of work just for something that does the same as I.E.
You download opera.

You install it.

Get connected! (To quote the old iMac advert)

If you don't like something, right click on it and press 'close' and it will GO AWAY. It's THAT simple. Don't like mouse gestures? A box pops up when you first make one to ask if you want them on or off.

Opera really is very simple, much simpler than IE; it also does more, something you may have missed. So 'less effort' (from a starting position; you will not have to patch it all the time though, which implies to me less effort overall) for more is bad now?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 08:45   #10
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Posting in the 43rd opera/firefox thread this year.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 08:58   #11
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You download opera.

You install it.

Get connected! (To quote the old iMac advert)

If you don't like something, right click on it and press 'close' and it will GO AWAY. It's THAT simple. Don't like mouse gestures? A box pops up when you first make one to ask if you want them on or off.

Opera really is very simple, much simpler than IE; it also does more, something you may have missed. So 'less effort' (from a starting position; you will not have to patch it all the time though, which implies to me less effort overall) for more is bad now?
Give me ad banners

Give me websites that don't support my browser

Give me plugins I have to install myself

Give me features that overcomplicate my needs

Uhm no kthxbai

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 26 Jun 2004, 09:03   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Give me ad banners
One, that takes up space that, in IE, is filled with valuable nothing. We can't have too much nothing!

Quote:
Give me websites that don't support my browser
I'm sure leshy has a link to several websites that don't support IE.

Quote:
Give me plugins I have to install myself
The only ones I can think of are things like flash and shockwave. And they come with IE, am i rite, just like IE has mouse gestures and a download manager by default.

Quote:
Give me features that overcomplicate my needs
I don't even know what this means. Opera can be an immensely simple browser if you so desire, as I said in my last post. It's all optional, it's all easy to turn off without having to hunt through menus (unlike IE).

Quote:
Uhm no kthxbai
Damn straight. So choose opera for almost all the reasons you said there.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 09:59   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

You don't know what sites I prefer to use, what I do with this apparrently 'wasted space' you speak of, etc etc.

My comments and opinions still stands.

Anyone that's dumb enough to get screwed by IE this badly is not going to know wtf opera or firefox is, anyone else that isn't that dumb has already moved over long ago or doens't want too.

In otherwords quit the ****ing preaching.

It's like Linux users but more faggier and poser.

Unread 26 Jun 2004, 11:21   #14
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough

Downloaded Opera ages ago but didn't install until yesterday. Am now highly impressed.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 12:39   #15
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point

You're all missing the point. You want Firefox not Opera
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 12:50   #16
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

but opera is clean, pretty and neat you know

http://www.btinternet.com/~boringspam/opera.jpg *

may not be prettiest objectively in the world
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 13:27   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
In otherwords quit the ****ing preaching.
I didn't come into this thread going 'OPERA IS GREAT, ALL WORSHIP OPERA', I was correcting the errors you had made. So if 'supplying valid counterexample' is classed as 'preaching', then everyone who lives in Canada is gay and if you argue with that I'm going to say SHUT UP ABOUT CANADA! ALL YOU EVER TALK ABOUT IS CANADA!
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 13:42   #18
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

canada does not deserve this finger pointing

i protest
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 13:49   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
but opera is clean, pretty and neat you know

http://www.btinternet.com/~boringspam/opera.jpg *

may not be prettiest objectively in the world
you watch 'The OC' YOU WATCH 'THE OC' YOU WATCH 'THE OC' YOU WATCH 'THE OC'

cretin

anyway, firefox is winner but my superlative laziness means i continue to run IE. and i have opera installed but i 'just don't like it'.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 13:52   #20
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
you watch 'The OC' YOU WATCH 'THE OC' YOU WATCH 'THE OC' YOU WATCH 'THE OC'

cretin

anyway, firefox is winner but my superlative laziness means i continue to run IE. and i have opera installed but i 'just don't like it'.
i watch fit women, i watch fit women, i watch fit women, i watch fit women
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 13:57   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
I love 'The COC' I LOVE 'THE COC' I LOVE 'THE COC' I LOVE 'THE COC'
FIXED
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 14:03   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
i have a fked up cursor, i have a fked up cursor, i have a fked up cursor,i have a fked up cursor, i have a fked up cursor
FIXED!
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 14:14   #23
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
FIXED!
na this ones cool. it wobbles and does all sorts of jingly things
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 14:41   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Posting in this thread to say hello to my fans.
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 14:46   #25
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I just got Opera 7.51 and it's slower than the one I had before (7.something). Also it now pops to the foreground when I click on a hyperlink on my desktop.

This makes me unhappy
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 14:56   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For me, Opera 7.51 is definitely not slower than 7.23 was
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 16:20   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you have a decent firewall and a decent anti-virus prog that scans your computer once every 24 hours, and that self updates, you shouldnt have any of these problems anyway.

If you dont, youre probably an AOL user, and we dont want you on our Intarweb anyway.

PS : Why oh Why oh Why does nobody create an AOL specific virus nowadays? why must they target things that the non-faggot population uses?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 16:22   #28
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

What sort of faggot scans their computer for viruses every 24 hours?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 16:26   #29
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
What sort of faggot scans their computer for viruses every 24 hours?
You mean "What kind of person has an anti virus that works quietly in the background scanning without killing other applications because he invested in a shitload of memory and a fast hard drive and processor"

And that would be me.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 16:40   #30
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point

Woah Woah Woah
It Is Not Active X!

Turning Off Active X Will Not Solve This Problem
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2004, 19:40   #31
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
Woah Woah Woah
It Is Not Active X!

Turning Off Active X Will Not Solve This Problem
now you come to mention it, it is javascript they should be switching off. Blame NB3