User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jun 2007, 19:38   #1
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Private skins

this is just a little idea i came up with.
Don't know if anybody will like it but some might.

The idea is basicly that when you upload your skin, you can select who can use it:
- Everyone
- Paid Accounts
- A specific alliance
- A specific galaxy

Ofcourse most will be for everyone & paid accounts, but some alliances / galaxies might like having their own skin that nobody else can have except them.
A way to personalise the game some more.

Ideas & thoughs plz

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 22:19   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Private skins

This seems an extension of an idea I had earlier today, but kept to myself. I vote for opening up the skin db. Everyone can add his/her own skins, and every round, the x most used get to stay, while the rest are deleted. After that one round, You can choose to either keep it open, and delete all but the top x used after every round, or close the database down, leaving Planetarion with a bunch of skins that are regularily used.

This would also put an end to the constant whining about how there are no skins. "Make your own, lazy bastard."
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 22:20   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The first one added would feature a goat-related image. Guaranteed.
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 22:26   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
This seems an extension of an idea I had earlier today, but kept to myself. I vote for opening up the skin db. Everyone can add his/her own skins, and every round, the x most used get to stay, while the rest are deleted. After that one round, You can choose to either keep it open, and delete all but the top x used after every round, or close the database down, leaving Planetarion with a bunch of skins that are regularily used.

This would also put an end to the constant whining about how there are no skins. "Make your own, lazy bastard."
I think the problem there would be that we would get some really, really, really bad skins.

In essence what you describe is what we do now - but we check the skins before they go up.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 01:14   #5
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

i actually really like this idea. people spend alot of time making gal banners and others spend ages doing gfx for alli websites, why not link this ingame. Maybe incorporate with kal's thoughts that the skins would need to be checked first. So have a "skins team" (i wanted to call it the "skinning community" but i thought that was too open for abuse) who check all the skins before they are added ingame. I dont know how difficult it is to test a skinn for the PA team so i cant comment on the practicality of this idea.

*edit: typo fixing
Round 14~15 [ND] DC
Round 16~17 [TGV] BC
Round 18~20 [OMen] DC
Round 21 [WP] HC
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote