User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Apr 2003, 11:48   #1
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Just wondering

Is friendly piggybacking considered farming? They're taking roids from an ally.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 11:56   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: Just wondering

Quote:
Originally posted by xtothez
probably unless they forgot to tell them that they aint allied anymore

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 11:56   #3
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
If there is a full hostile attack fleet present than piggybacking or red defence seems a fair tactics.

hAl
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 12:18   #4
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
If there is a full hostile attack fleet present than piggybacking or red defence seems a fair tactics.

hAl
Surely the aim should be to just send ships to lower the cap, rather than incuding pods too?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 12:27   #5
Pyrowired
UItjuh's secret lover

Pyrowired is an unknown quantity at this point
with including pods u also keep some roids within the alliance as the roidcap has to be divided by all the attackers. thus lowering the attackers roidcap some more
R6 22:1 TFD [OuZo]
R7 12:6 TFD [OuZo]
R8 31:6:4 TFD [OuZo]
R9 10:4:9 TFD [OuZo]
R9.5 15:8:7 TFD [OuZo]
Pyrowired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 12:38   #6
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm if u mean

100:1:1 is attacked by
1000 Ships from 666:6:6 and 40 Pods from 666:6:5
that is'nt really farming its a Legitmate attack
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:02   #7
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
hmmm if u mean

100:1:1 is attacked by
1000 Ships from 666:6:6 and 40 Pods from 666:6:5
that is'nt really farming its a Legitmate attack
No.

Alliance A is attacking Alliance B's planet. Alliance B cant cover the incoming, but they get their own members to attack their planet with pods, so the roids dont leave the alliance. Roids are moving between allied planets. Surely the definition of farming is to prevent roid donations from allies, which is happening in this case. The planet under attack cant be defended, so they're donating his roids to friendlies.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:11   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:
No.

Alliance A is attacking Alliance B's planet. Alliance B cant cover the incoming, but they get their own members to attack their planet with pods, so the roids dont leave the alliance. Roids are moving between allied planets. Surely the definition of farming is to prevent roid donations from allies, which is happening in this case. The planet under attack cant be defended, so they're donating his roids to friendlies.
well alliances will try to claim that thats a justifible action to keep the roids in the alliance but imo i reckon its farming

-Rommel
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:24   #9
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
and I would Agree

they could just be sensible and send hostile ships with no pods and ruin a cap %
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:27   #10
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Surely the aim should be to just send ships to lower the cap, rather than incuding pods too?
You can only claim it to be farming if the planet losing the roids loses more than he would without the friendly alliance fleets. If he loses less it does not matter where the roids go to, but it ain't farming.

Farming implies that the roids are given with consent of the owner but in this case the roids would be taken anyways by a hostile.

hAl
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:31   #11
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
and I would Agree

they could just be sensible and send hostile ships with no pods and ruin a cap %
And if they do send pods with the intention of taking friendly roids?
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:32   #12
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Farming implies that the roids are given with consent of the owner but in this case the roids would be taken anyways by a hostile.
The roids are being given away with the consent of the owner. The issue is the planets can send normal ships to kill the cap, but they dont. They send pods with the intention of taking friendly roids. That is farming.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:49   #13
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
The roids are being given away with the consent of the owner. The issue is the planets can send normal ships to kill the cap, but they dont. They send pods with the intention of taking friendly roids. That is farming.
That ain't farming.
It ain't even a roid donation.

A Farm produces roids cheap to promote growth of his friends.
A roid donator gives away what he has to help his friend grow.

A friendly podding is just a military measure to reduce gains.
Sending only non pods is plain stupid. Naturally pods are included in this deal, it's not like there is an abundance of other ships available. Moreover the friendly roider often has to include all ships rather than lose them at base since this is a desperate measure.

Pure pod fleet friendly podding was a nice tactic in round 2 and 3. Sadly it was broken in round 4, not only by the wierd piggybacking part of the cap rules, but also by the total fleetscore being included in the cap formula. After that it has recieved an unfortunately bad reputation.
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 14:56   #14
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
That ain't farming.
It ain't even a roid donation.

A Farm produces roids cheap to promote growth of his friends.
A roid donator gives away what he has to help his friend grow.

A friendly podding is just a military measure to reduce gains.
Sending only non pods is plain stupid. Naturally pods are included in this deal, it's not like there is an abundance of other ships available. Moreover the friendly roider often has to include all ships rather than lose them at base since this is a desperate measure.

Pure pod fleet friendly podding was a nice tactic in round 2 and 3. Sadly it was broken in round 4, not only by the wierd piggybacking part of the cap rules, but also by the total fleetscore being included in the cap formula. After that it has recieved an unfortunately bad reputation.

like u said total fleet score is included in the cap forumula therefore to reduce the cap u only need to send non-podding ships otherwise its farming

-Rommel
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 15:44   #15
hAl
ensign forever

Quote:
The roids are being given away with the consent of the owner.
No cause he can not chose to keep them. He can only prefer them to go to friendlies but he can't consent in giving them as that is no longer his choice.

hAl
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 16:49   #16
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Just wondering

Quote:
nah - its pretty standard red defence...

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2003, 17:16   #17
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: Just wondering

Quote:
Originally posted by whoop
nah - its pretty standard red defence...

-whoop

Anybody claiming something else is just a sore loser imo (or atleast pissed for getting fewer roids).

Ofcourse it isnt farming, nor roid-donations, its not as if he wants to do it, but ofcourse he'd rather see allies getting a few roids while ruining the cap, than the original attacker.

This smells mostly whine tbh.