User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Mar 2003, 22:40   #1
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Racechanges cut before race changes announced

So now the race changing is cut, what we have picked is final. Yet somehow the game mechanic changes that affect stealing haven't been announced.

These non-stat changes to zikonian are rather important for that race, and to a lesser extent to the races they target in determining what to pick.

Why hasn't a clear announcement on how stealing works and is calculated r9 been made?
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 23:12   #2
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
I'm sure I read somewhere that the new stealing formula is the standard killing formula, so if marauders were kill ships they now steal what they would have killed. etc. don't quote me though.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 00:49   #3
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Racechanges cut before race changes announced

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
So now the race changing is cut, what we have picked is final. Yet somehow the game mechanic changes that affect stealing haven't been announced.

These non-stat changes to zikonian are rather important for that race, and to a lesser extent to the races they target in determining what to pick.

Why hasn't a clear announcement on how stealing works and is calculated r9 been made?
Spinner 'announced' how it works in CH.

Stealers steal based on their resource value and die when their 'captures' resource value is equal to their own.

I don't understand the confusion over Zik stealers tbh, once it is clear that the stealing is based on resource value and not armour it seems fairly straight forward to me.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:04   #4
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Leaving it until now, when you knew full well what time the race changing option would be remove at, makes this look more like a moan rather than anything effective.

If you were so bothered by it then you could have asked this question prior to the race change option being removed.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 02:32   #5
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold
Check the boards - he has asked before.

No answer on the forums up till now, guess creators hour is the place to get the info then. :eek:

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 04:02   #6
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Leaving it until now, when you knew full well what time the race changing option would be remove at, makes this look more like a moan rather than anything effective.

If you were so bothered by it then you could have asked this question prior to the race change option being removed.
I did, kinda a lot even.

22 Feb 2003 02:13

22 Feb 2003 03:14

5 Mar 2003 03:57

5 Mar 2003 04:00
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 18:45   #7
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
hmm , Suffer? you'll find Zik can quite easily hold there own, any experienced Player with Zik can do very well this round, the Stealing Formula had a slight change making them more effective
what he's talking about here is something like a 0.1 multiplier that he mentioned somewhere else that has been dleted since, and he said he'd get spinner to explain it more technically.

THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

he is not talking about changing what capping is based on from armour to resources, chax isn't THAT stupid since that particular change happened LAST round.

He has a perfectly valid point, and as usual has been ignored :/

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 18:48   #8
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
what he's talking about here is something like a 0.1 multiplier that he mentioned somewhere else that has been dleted since, and he said he'd get spinner to explain it more technically.
Yes, I read Prince's post about the 0.1 modifier just before he deleted it too .. And not a word why he removed doesn't exactly help remove the confusion either ..
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 05:16   #9
obi1one
pe0n

obi1one is an unknown quantity at this point
Also what about those of us who just got in, not having met our gal m8s etc...I went to change my race this morning after making a decision and couldnt, seems like the race change need not be turned off til tick start, why was it turned off?
Unread 9 Mar 2003, 11:45   #10
Chax
Pepsi bottle

they decided to not have race change and research/construction available at the same time because they are too lazy to write some code that only blocks the ship research/construction which would solve your problem.