User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Mar 2003, 14:34   #1
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Discuss my terran fleet

So ive been thinking on my terran fleet for a while and im too lazy to continue it in an old thread.

I reckon my terran fleet will look pretty much like this:

10% Harpy
40% Pegas
15% Syren
25% Wyvern
10% Pods and chims.

I will use the wyvs and pegs 4 attacking, syrens for ingal/cluster def, and harps 4 ally def.

Depending how my gal/cluster situation is i might make more make more syrens if worse para and more wyvs if my gal gets in a good para/cluster.

[EDIT] Will make more Pegas if the number of xans in theuni causes me big probs [/EDIT]
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 14:41   #2
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think you will have more Harpies cause with 40% pegs and a 2:1 ratio(<-Example) you will get alot more Metal to spend on harpies

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:02   #3
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Odd fleet there, 10% pods and chims on one line suggest an FR roiding fleet, yet you're attacking with wyv and peg.

May I suggest including demeters in your build?
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:29   #4
Sun Pin

Sun Pin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Odd fleet there, 10% pods and chims on one line suggest an FR roiding fleet, yet you're attacking with wyv and peg.

May I suggest including demeters in your build?
i think that with pods he ment both a-pod and the demeter
Sun Pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:34   #5
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sun Pin
i think that with pods he ment both a-pod and the demeter
WINNAR!

by the way IsildurX is a pretty good player, fleet looks lovely to me

/me arse licks islildur
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:41   #6
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
what about later in game?
The Guardian is a formiable ship with its power bonus
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 15:59   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Terrans have nothing effective against either CR or BS.
Gryphons are *reasonable*, but are CO, and so not to be built.
Drakes are just abysmal, nothing more to be said.
Chimera's are a nice compromise. Able to stop the odd oppurtunistic CR/BS attack, but without putting resources into a ship that will lie dormant the rest of the time.
The main defence for a terran against CR/BS is, unfortunatley some may say, a Cathaar gal-mate
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:07   #8
Prince
Free!

Dragons?
or don't you rate them as a ship?
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:08   #9
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
what about later in game?
The Guardian is a formiable ship with its power bonus
Take the losses or avoid the those targets. Killing everything seldom is an option anyways, and the number of people who are Guardian heavy enough for it to be really scary isn't that big.

you can't customize your fleet into cathering for everything

My personal opinion on the fleet though:
I'm not a great fan of building ships exclusevly for in-gal/cluster/para defence. This means either tying up a fleet slot exclusevly for these left-overs you produce, or have them rotting at home. Neither options are very attractive imo. So ships like Syrens are nice if you need to entrench yourself in a loosing war/bad cluster; but planning for it seems ineffiecent imo.

So...I'd skip the Syrens, produce less wyverns, and pump more into both harpies (for your friends) and pegasi (for you).
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:10   #10
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Dragons are only very slightly less effective than Chimeras vs. CR and BS. I don't think the additional eta, with such a single-purpose ship, is worth any resources being spent on them.
Admittedly the Chimeras are firing vs. all, but a Cath CR/BS fleet (the main worry) is unlikely to contain anything else, and anything extra it does will either mean lower CR/BS numbers, or reduced cap.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:10   #11
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Dragons?
or don't you rate them as a ship?
arg. i'm posting too slow!

Building slow ships just to have them rot at home just in case isn't cost-effective. Attacking with them even more frustrating..
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:33   #12
black-eyed boy
ND

black-eyed boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Discuss my terran fleet

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
I reckon my terran fleet will look pretty much like this:

10% Harpy
40% Pegas
15% Syren
25% Wyvern
10% Pods and chims.
Imho only 10% of your fleet to defend your alliancemates and friends is just a bit too few.

However I suspect you're a really good (read: top 100) player, so this isn't something for you to worry about
black-eyed boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 16:47   #13
Prince
Free!

so thats a Terran fleet, anyone here care to suggest/debate the ideal Cath Zik and Xan Fleets?
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 17:18   #14
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Indeed i ment mostly DE pods.

Im not too worried about CR attacks.

1. Not many caths build a big CR fleet.
2. My alliance|gal|friends will b able to arrive in my aid for most cruiser attacks.
3. Even with only a few % chims ill hopefully b able to take down quite a number of CRs (if the rnd og as i hope :P)

Also rmbr to take notice to the part about the % of wyvs and syrens, much depends on what kind of cluster/para situation u land in.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 19:59   #15
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
here's my fleet from last round which I thought worked out pretty well (I haven't bothered with the %-wise cost thing so here's only the numbers in ships)

harpy 65k
gry 2k (dunno why)
pegs 12k
dem 500
wyvern 2500
dragon 500

If I go terran this round I'll build some chims aswell. They can come in handy as shield on attacks. Maybe I'll drop the dragons. They're powerful and great and never die and all, but maybe I'll be better off with more chimeras and pegs instead.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 21:08   #16
Ants
Commander

Ants is an unknown quantity at this point
My terran fleet may look something like this

50% pegs
20% harpy
20% wyverns
10% dems

I aint thought about ratios at all, this is just off the top of my head but I'll trade m/c or add more harpy if needed. I may think about buying chims, but not till a point in the round when I dont need my fleet optimal to get roids.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 21:16   #17
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hyfe
arg. i'm posting too slow!

Building slow ships just to have them rot at home just in case isn't cost-effective. Attacking with them even more frustrating..
Dragons are basically pds, and when looked at in that sense they are most definately worth building in a limited fashion. It makes you slightly less of a nice target for cr and bs fleets and makes it easier for you to be defended against them.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 21:20   #18
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Discuss my terran fleet

Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx

10% Harpy
40% Pegas
15% Syren
25% Wyvern
10% Pods and chims.

I will use the wyvs and pegs 4 attacking, syrens for ingal/cluster def, and harps 4 ally def.
Dont build Syren. When your gal/cluster get attacked they will be happy taking your pegs and wyvern or your harpy def fleet. Unless you plan on leaving fleet spots open all the time very rarely are you going to be in situations where you can shuffle off your otherwise useless cr into the cluster to help out. I suppose if you are a very charitable player, and this is what you like then fine, but most players dont keep a cluster def fleet. Syrens are a nice ship on paper, but they are not useful for much of anything in the game. Im not number headed enough to look at the percentages, but take out the syren and youve got the right ships.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 21:38   #19
Prince
Free!

I'm going to say a ship name now and your all going to laugh

Centaur?

its fast quiet cheap and is effective vs co craft

no one likes them anymore? (i had a nice bunch last round for targeting vultures)
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 21:48   #20
K-W
Bored

Youve already got a ton of pegasus, so no one is really thinking of trying to sneak co by you. Thats the main reason, terrans do not need another fi/co targetting ship. Nor do they need another frigate.
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:35   #21
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
call me an idiot but where are the hydras? cr-class thus flanked by both wyverns from the bs-cr-(de) targeting ships and by pegs from de-cs-(bs) targeting, and even if not flanked it's actually got a better armor than either of those. A decent kill rate, shoots at fr-first(atm you need to plow through de to get to them with the wyv) and I'd say it's an all-around nice thing to have...
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:43   #22
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
call me an idiot but where are the hydras? cr-class thus flanked by both wyverns from the bs-cr-(de) targeting ships and by pegs from de-cs-(bs) targeting, and even if not flanked it's actually got a better armor than either of those. A decent kill rate, shoots at fr-first(atm you need to plow through de to get to them with the wyv) and I'd say it's an all-around nice thing to have...
Syrens are ALOT better at killing the FR than the Hydra (or the Wyvern for that matter), and my experience with Hydra i have felt that they are actually a bit too weak to survive for long. in addition, they simply dont kill enough to make it worth having an extra class, especially one that is also targeted by your #2 ship (the Wyvern).

The hydra has a good ETA, however iirc.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Mar 2003, 23:57   #23
spectrum

spectrum is an unknown quantity at this point
my experience (and i have never played terra!): biggest pro for centaurs is: their eta.
on defending against massive incomes against the gal, a terran (whos attacker did withdraw) can send them in at co-class-speed ingal. and they are effective vulture-stoppers (at least for killing the co-incoming on another planet ingal).
there where several times when i whished we had 1k of them ingal. (the 1tick faster than pegs can be VERY much in such hammering incoming waves)
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 00:15   #24
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimate Newbie
Syrens are ALOT better at killing the FR than the Hydra (or the Wyvern for that matter), and my experience with Hydra i have felt that they are actually a bit too weak to survive for long. in addition, they simply dont kill enough to make it worth having an extra class, especially one that is also targeted by your #2 ship (the Wyvern).

The hydra has a good ETA, however iirc.
The syrens isn't a valid choice for your attack-fleet since it's eta9, and now what do you do if you run into de+fr? with hydras(who have better armor than both pegs and wyvs and the vast majority of all ships in the game, especially of high-classes) you can target those fr and limit your losses. Besides, I've done very nicely leaving those wyvs at bay and attacking with pegs, dems and hydras, it's just a more compact formation...
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 09:46   #25
K-W
Bored

Hydras are not useless, but wyverns are more durable and handle frigs too. There is just no need to pop the cr class in there. They can flak for De on some occasions, but it isnt worth the resource investment to build up a hydra fleet.
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 11:18   #26
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Hydras are not useless, but wyverns are more durable and handle frigs too. There is just no need to pop the cr class in there. They can flak for De on some occasions, but it isnt worth the resource investment to build up a hydra fleet.
I'll disagree, I've allready said why but either way, I know I've gotten pretty nice roids with that sort of fleet in rnd7, managed to be in top3 roiders 3-4nights/week for 2weeks after de had come in to play seriously(then the war was over :-/)
Unread 7 Mar 2003, 13:50   #27
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Tzu
I like Hydras too, but as they target ships your pegs and wyvern also target, they are not that useful. But ofc, they are CR and have eta 8 universe... maybe I`d build some, but wouldn`t concentrate on it!

Quote:
I'm going to say a ship name now and your all going to laugh

Centaur?

its fast quiet cheap and is effective vs co craft

no one likes them anymore? (i had a nice bunch last round for targeting vultures)
I do not laugh, i used them in R6 in masses. I like the centaur, it is fast and not too bad against FI/ CO, BUT u have masses of peds + they die very fast!
And as I think, a mix of all is worse than concentrating on your strength i wouldnt build em
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 13:06   #28
Jori.X.McKie

Well i have thought about it long and here it is,

Main roding fleet, early stages 80%

FR Pods 15%
Centaurs 70%
Chimeras 15%

add Harpies at target request

Defence fleet, early stages 20%

Harpies 100%
add free centaurs you donīt need in the roiding fleet

Roiding fleet, mid/late round 80%

FR roiding fleet 30%

DE/BS roiding fleet 70%
Pegs 50%
DE Pods 15%
Wyvern 35%

The percentages for Pegs and Wyvern can differ about 10% depends liking Xan targets or not. But the more Wyvern you have the better you can attack Zik, Cathaar or Terran

Defence, mid/late round 20%

Harpies
Pegs
Wyvern

Gryphons
Dragons

Result is you are weak against CR/BS as your only ships targetting this class are Gryphons/Dragons forget the T3 of Chimera it wonīt have any use.
You have to fear only Cathaar who build up their CR pod fleet. And of course all other ppl who are much bigger then you
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 13:28   #29
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Jori.X.McKie

Harpies
Pegs
Wyvern

Gryphons
Dragons

Result is you are weak against CR/BS as your only ships targetting this class are Gryphons/Dragons forget the T3 of Chimera it wonīt have any use.
You have to fear only Cathaar who build up their CR pod fleet. And of course all other ppl who are much bigger then you
Why waste resources on gryphons when you can just trade in gal def?? Dragons wont be made in mass bulk neway imo, as they r just moveable pds

Only #1 can not be 'fearful' of the peeps above him/her, as there are none
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 13:34   #30
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
Only #1 can not be 'fearful' of the peeps above him/her, as there are none
Instead s/he must fear the thousands of people below....

thoguh Colt does have a point - as a Terran ignore tryign to defend against Cruisers (beyond CHimera T3) - the ETA is long enough to get roaches, bombers, broadswords, clippers, ermm.. .sentinels, COrsairs, Buccaneers, what else targets CR/BA? peacekeepers (rofl) etc.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 13:56   #31
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Well i have thought about it long and here it is,

Main roding fleet, early stages 80%

FR Pods 15%
Centaurs 70%
Chimeras 15%

add Harpies at target request

Defence fleet, early stages 20%

Harpies 100%
add free centaurs you donīt need in the roiding fleet

Roiding fleet, mid/late round 80%

FR roiding fleet 30%

DE/BS roiding fleet 70%
Pegs 50%
DE Pods 15%
Wyvern 35%

The percentages for Pegs and Wyvern can differ about 10% depends liking Xan targets or not. But the more Wyvern you have the better you can attack Zik, Cathaar or Terran

Harpies
Pegs
Wyvern

Gryphons
Dragons

scrap centaurs, use chims+harpys, scrap gryphons and the "fr fleet" shouldn't be needed much alone after de comes into play, just keep some chims for pegs-flak.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 14:02   #32
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimate Newbie
Instead s/he must fear the thousands of people below....
hehe, idd
Ultores
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 16:08   #33
Jori.X.McKie

I agree that a Terran has problems in targetting CR/BS and i wonīt build many of those Gryphons and Dragons but the Gryphons may come handy in allliance defence.

However i canīt agree on those Chim/Cents issue. Chim are crappy in killing any ship. Their only use is to flak Pegs... hell, why using such an expansive flak ??
Cents die a bit easier ...yes, but they kill some Co/Fi (not against Pulsar of course)
before and you can spend your resources on wyvern to "flak" your Pegs as both have the same targetclasses only vice versa. (Chims/Wyvern)
So instead of using Chims to flak use Cents and buy Wyvern.

I think it depends on your C income, with less C i wonīt waste it on Cents neither on Chims later on....

Concentrating on pure DE roiding fleet is limiting your possible targets so a FR roiding fleet has itīs use.
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 17:37   #34
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
However i canīt agree on those Chim/Cents issue. Chim are crappy in killing any ship. Their only use is to flak Pegs... hell, why using such an expansive flak ??
Cents die a bit easier ...yes, but they kill some Co/Fi (not against Pulsar of course)
Wots the point of buyin cents, they target co/fi as u said, but hen u got such a good ship as the pegasus, then why not use the resources on better things, such as more pegs??

Quote:

Concentrating on pure DE roiding fleet is limiting your possible targets so a FR roiding fleet has itīs use.
But maximising your strengths
Ultores
Unread 8 Mar 2003, 18:23   #35
K-W
Bored

I think a responsible alliance/gal member will build some gryphons at first and in the end have a pds of dragons just to lower what your allaince has to send you in a cr attack.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 11:25   #36
Jori.X.McKie

Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
Wots the point of buyin cents, they target co/fi as u said, but hen u got such a good ship as the pegasus, then why not use the resources on better things, such as more pegs??
Yes the Peg are the better ship and from only looking at the stats the Cents have no use later on. If you going to have a pure DE roiding fleet Cents get more useless.
But if you want to have a Fr roiding fleet Cents are the better choice as Chims additional Cents are a nice defence ship due to its eta. And yes you will/should have less Pegs if you buy Cents.

Pro: 2nd roiding fleet, additional alliance Defence.

Con: You open another Ship Class to shoot at but the defenders need to cover a 2nd ship class too

Maximising your strengths in one Ship Class, many pros and cons.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:17   #37
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I think a responsible alliance/gal member will build some gryphons at first and in the end have a pds of dragons just to lower what your allaince has to send you in a cr attack.
we've had this debate before haven't we.....

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:09   #38
Jori.X.McKie

Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
we've had this debate before haven't we.....
Tell me your point or tell me where i have to look, please.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:44   #39
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Tell me your point or tell me where i have to look, please.
try here

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 22:38   #40
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
40% Pegs/Dem i presume?

Persnally, i'd have a larger FR fleet, especially earlier on.

-Necro
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 06:48   #41
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
I agree that a Terran has problems in targetting CR/BS and i wonīt build many of those Gryphons and Dragons but the Gryphons may come handy in allliance defence.

before and you can spend your resources on wyvern to "flak" your Pegs as both have the same targetclasses only vice versa. (Chims/Wyvern)
So instead of using Chims to flak use Cents and buy Wyvern.

I think it depends on your C income, with less C i wonīt waste it on Cents neither on Chims later on....

I cba to look but I'm sure you can give me the price of the centaur armor compared to the price of the chimera armor and the pegasus... I'm pretty sure Drakes had the best armor of terran fr, chims coming only some 10res/1armor behind and centaurs finishing last by a good margin. Now tell me why you wanna flak with the worst flak available?
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 10:06   #42
Jori.X.McKie

Using Chims or Cents as flak is not a good idea.
But if you want to have a fr roiding fleet what would you include a useless flak which doesnīt kill anything or a useless flak which kill Co/Fi and can be used for defence.

However against cathaar a pure Chim/pod fleet early on is nice so you have to think about hitting cathaar only for the first days what isnīt a really bad idea.
I will do so but for later FR fleet Cents are essential in my eyes.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 14:25   #43
K-W
Bored

Quote:
But if you want to have a fr roiding fleet what would you include a useless flak which doesnīt kill anything or a useless flak which kill Co/Fi and can be used for defence.

However against cathaar a pure Chim/pod fleet early on is nice so you have to think about hitting cathaar only for the first days what isnīt a really bad idea.
Actually it is a good idea. Youve got to get roids, and if that means eating some losses it means eating losses. Your probably better off with armor than fi/co targetting.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 19:30   #44
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

If I was to send a terran FR fleet against cathaar I wouldn't send chimera or centaur. I'd use the Drake with its 85% emp res.
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 22:31   #45
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
If I was to send a terran FR fleet against cathaar I wouldn't send chimera or centaur. I'd use the Drake with its 85% emp res.
The thing about the Chim, is that you are going to want to build them anyway for defence. Buiding a drake roiding fleet is a waste of resources because the extra armor and emp isnt worth the fact that youve invested in a ship with no other use in the game.