User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 10 Nov 2011, 17:09   #1
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough
Alliance Defence Page tool tip addition

Firstly a disclaimer: I havn't used the search function to check if this has been suggested before so appologies if it already has. Equally appologies if it is already implemented although im fairly sure it isn't.

Currently on the alliance def page if you hover over a planet that is in your alliance you are presented with a tool tip (not 100% sure tool tip is the correct word here) that displays the alliance members name.

Basically the suggestion here is to add intel to this page. If you are using the in game system ( i know a lot of alliances run a merlin clone) then alliances added in game show on a tool tip when you hover over the relevant co-ordinate.

for example
Target Origin
a) 2 3 4 1 2 3

you hover over 2 3 4 and are presented with your alliance mates name

you hover over 1 2 3 and are presented with the alliance name of that planet if entered
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2011, 18:31   #2
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Alliance Defence Page tool tip addition

good suggestion!

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2011, 18:36   #3
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

I think this kind of has its merits, but most alliances that do any kind of intel gathering now will have a merlin clone or their own intel bot. I think people only fill out the ingame intel out of boredom during ticks nowadays.

But as always the main problem with this idea is that it involves coding or changing the game and the PA Team dont seem willing to do that.

I will quickly sidetrack and state that the galaxy def page is an abomination. YOu cant see any other scans apart from that of your own alliance (how does that help?? you can see them on your own ally def page!!). When checkboxing the class of ship it doesnt actually show up anywhere (doing the checkbox was mainly for ease of priortising and identifying what was coming when looking at the basic def page without expanding everything). The only thing that is of any use is the drop down box saying covered .... you would of thought as one of the most asked for game layout changes this would have been finished properly by now surelY???!!!

Sorry Sebos rant over!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2011, 18:56   #4
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i have to disagree kai, there have been a number of changes made (like the galaxy def page) over recent rounds. i think sebos suggestion is good as most alliances would bother to fill in intel ingame as this would make that worthwhile.

i am not saying i think a lot of changes are made but i think pa team does listen to well thought out suggestions and adds them when time allows.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2011, 19:00   #5
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Yes Rein but they seem to be half assed implementations when we do get some.... like i just described with the galaxy def page, half baked and really not that worthwhile using (expect the dropdown box)

From what i know a lot of alliances dont even use the alliance defpage to deal with def calls nowadays so it wouldnt be that useful a tool - especially when everything is easier to input and retreive from currently used bots
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2011, 19:08   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Woo! Merlin!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2011, 06:44   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I'd prefer PA concentrate on gameplay changes rather than tweaks to the GUI.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2011, 11:30   #8
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I'd prefer PA concentrate on gameplay changes rather than tweaks to the GUI.
you seen any gameplay changes the last 20+ rounds ?

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2011, 12:07   #9
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
you seen any gameplay changes the last 20+ rounds ?
None but ive seen alot of GUI changes.. so as i said, i'd prefer if they stopped all GUI changes and concentrated on a change that actually matters.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote