User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Feb 2007, 01:32   #1
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts
I just have an idea.

what if we completly redesign our look on exp.
A) we take out XP score boost the **** out. That is bullshit and we go back to original value system.
B) Our pilots still gain XP the usual way.
C) We spend that XP to buy boosts to ETA (maybe over and over ?) per single launch, building bigger and better ships ( or faster) or giving your research a boost couple of ticks.

Its gonna be some new kind of resource...

< 65 NE Hunter
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2007, 19:42   #2
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all
Re: I just have an idea.

I think something like this was mentioned earlier on the forum. Not so much with pilots, but more with fleet admirals which you could outfit with "skills" for a certain amount of XP points.
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 18:31   #3
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

I think taking Xp out of the game would kill it. Xp is what allows people the chance to do well without putting masses of time and effort into the game. You might say thats bad but aslong as they pay whats wrong with it?

Playing xp is a way of playing PA which new players take to as its easier than value playing. It takes a lot more time to play value and a lot of people just wouldnt have the time or drive to do so.

I played a PA clone where is was just the value system and i ended up getting pwned, lost all my fleet(i was doing well before this) and i basically gave up because i couldnt be arsed to rebuild, knowing i have no chance of catching up to those around me in ranks before the fleet loss.

Do you really want new players to think like that?
Unread 17 Feb 2007, 21:14   #4
Hardworker

Hardworker has a spectacular aura aboutHardworker has a spectacular aura about

You cant get rid of XP!

its the only rank list i am on!! dont take it away!

like the guy said above, it makes the game easier for the stupid poeple like me that cant play the old value game.

Last edited by Hardworker; 17 Feb 2007 at 21:19.
Hardworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2007, 00:45   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

XP is the best thing that happened to PA. People can still play the old way, but they just can't win by bashing lowbies all round long.

I'd consider supressing XP if the bashing limit is raised so you can't attack someone with a smaller value than yours... still tempted ?