User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:56   #51
Lanceman
milchjiper

Lanceman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: So how many private gals are there now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
[...]

Did I really.....the taxhole you mentioned didnt do any unjust to a single person.....[...]

It did, to the people the law was intended for e.g. people who work over the weekend.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:58   #52
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

[quote=Ohm][quote=Lanceman]**
Quote:

Did I really.....the taxhole you mentioned didnt do any unjust to a single person.....BUT this pa-hole did.....and that is why it suck that noone can come out to say they regret doing it, and that alliances are banning planned exiles like this.

To me this is like cheating....and to many others as well....the game was intended to be random, but some people found a way to get passed the "random" part.

ergo; cheating
Mr.Clueless how can an exile be planned from alliances ? in worst case someone exiles with his gal to get a new player in and it happens to be a friend of one of the galm8s. No alliance has the chance to see if its a legal exile or if its an abuse. Simply because they CANT check on those things.
About ppl getting hurt - The players who got exiled were partly inactive (panda atleast admitted that) and the rest knew about the feature in the first place (atleast the 2nd exilant). So how they can be called victims here is quiet illogical. Not to mention that panda (the person who got exiled) landed in the #6 galaxy, hardly a devastation of her round so far.

Atleast you agree on the last part that if its announced to be random it should be random. But even with all the best hopes and the best intentions and alot of selfcontrol of 99% of the players 1% will get an unfair advantage by abuseing the bug. Basically why i agree with you it should have been cleared/removed in the first place and not after 4 weeks.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 14:57   #53
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Dear Ohm,

I do not recall seeing your name too much upon these boards before, therefore I will consider the fact that you are new to posting on them.

You're comments regarding apparent "cheating" and "unfair" advantages not being with the "spirit of PA" are quite frankly hilarious. The bigger alliances always had people keen enough to pick out flaws within Planetarion and to use them if necessary.

Thieves were abused in r2 yet it was not "cheating". The creators simply had underestimated them. Farming did not become cheating till r6. Considering it had been around since r1, thats a big difference between when it was "acceptable" and when it was "cheating."

One good example is a bug that let you receive and send donations whilst within protection within an earlier round (I think r5). This was seen by Synthetic Sid who informed the creators - and nothing was done. So he informed other alliances, and them alliances had people do this "trick". When enough people had done it, the creators finally took notice of it.

There are other accounts of when I know Sid/Biggdogg had detected possible abuses, reported them and nothing happened. Not to say that Sid/Biggdogg and/or Fury/Legion always used such "abuse" but its a sad fact of PA.

End of the day, the wya to stay ahead is to find the best route to stay ahead within the rules of the game. History has shown that the creators "forget" about issues brought up and then if it turns out to be abusive to then correct it (or attempt too.)

Sorry if this shatters your illusion of a happy PA.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 15:06   #54
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Sorry if this shatters your illusion of a happy PA.

I used to love you, no more :P

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 17:36   #55
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

Clearly a cause to delete. Not only the people exiling into galaxies, but also of the people voting yes to exile someone out to make the room.