User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 14 Sep 2003, 09:51   #1
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Tin-Tin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Most boring first 24hours ever..(oops, scanning period is better wording)

Anyone agree with me..?
It used to be fun to start a new round..: "Do I get lucky with my roid-scans.." "Man..cool, my galmate is ****-lucky " "I really look forward to fire off that first batch of scans, even though it's in the middle of the night.."

Now it's as boring as watching p00p-flies on a cow-dung...
"Oh crap.. to be able to get a good start in this pa, I need to get up every other hour to initiate some roids.. and no chance involved.. great"

Ah well, hope it gets better
r3 --> 54:15:2 (TGS,YHQ) (n00b)
r4 --> 30:14:11(TGS,YHQ) (Smurf)
r5 --> 20:6:12 (TGS,YHQ)
r6 --> 35:1:2 (NewDawn) (F&F)
r7 --> 21:10:14 (NewDawn)
r8 --> 48:9:10 (Elysium)
r9 --> 1:3:9 (Elysium)
r9,5 --> x:x:x (?)

Last edited by Tin-Tin; 14 Sep 2003 at 18:10.
Tin-Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 09:55   #2
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
I've had a great time the last 24 hours.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 09:56   #3
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

How u managed that?
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 10:04   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
i had a great time too, i was top1 for 1 tick, this never happened to me before
There was no fun in scanning for roids, launching 10 scans to get 1 roid... the new system rewards active players.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 10:22   #5
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Oh well.. u could get #1 with the old system too..
And active players are always rewarded.
I would prefer getting 1 roid from 10 scans any day.

And where is the journal?
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 11:13   #6
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Its taken away to limit stress on server.

they took away everything thats isnt 'necessary' afaik.
das_experiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 11:47   #7
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Well, it was `necessary` to me..
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 12:29   #8
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Just use notepad.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 12:49   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Mmmmm, I can see your point. It was more fun waiting to see how well your scans did.

But it was so frustrating when they did badly.

This has still been fun though, I wouldn't call it boring.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 13:24   #10
Telest
Agitator

Telest is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
Just use notepad.
Or just send yourself messages
Telest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 13:37   #11
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
Originally posted by Tin-Tin
Anyone agree with me..?
It used to be fun to start a new round..: "Do I get lucky with my roid-scans.." "Man..cool, my galmate is ****-lucky " "I really look forward to fire off that first batch of scans, even though it's in the middle of the night.."

Now it's as boring as watching p00p-flies on a cow-dung...
"Oh crap.. to be able to get a good start in this pa, I need to get up every other hour to initiate some roids.. and no chance involved.. great"

Ah well, hope it gets better
So you used to scan during first 24 hours in earlier rounds. Don't make us all laugh. First 36 hours of earlier rounds you only needed to follow a completly preprogrammable scenario just like you can now in that period no luck factor was ever present AT ALL same as now. But you needed to do a lot more in PAX so far that you ever would have in earlier rounds to get to optimal build up.

Your post show a completly biased view to the new game and frankly you might better quit cause your ridiculous preferring a game based on complete bullsh.t is not needed here. Go away.

And for other critics. At least base your critisism on something valid.

hAl
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 14:55   #12
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
So you used to scan during first 24 hours in earlier rounds. Don't make us all laugh. First 36 hours of earlier rounds you only needed to follow a completly preprogrammable scenario just like you can now in that period no luck factor was ever present AT ALL same as now. But you needed to do a lot more in PAX so far that you ever would have in earlier rounds to get to optimal build up.

Your post show a completly biased view to the new game and frankly you might better quit cause your ridiculous preferring a game based on complete bullsh.t is not needed here. Go away.

And for other critics. At least base your critisism on something valid.

hAl
So you disagree: he's biased and talking bullsh.t. The problem is many PA players agree with him and have the same bias. If you disagree next time plz present arguments. Or don't post unless you have anything usefull to add.

BTW I agree with him. And I'm not initing roids as that part just got too boring.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 15:26   #13
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
i have had fun, trying to work with my gal so i can trade resources to init 1 more roid than the most of the other, and getting higher ranks first time i have been in top10 for several ticks..

but im worried about the small universe
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 16:24   #14
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
So you disagree: he's biased and talking bullsh.t. The problem is many PA players agree with him and have the same bias. If you disagree next time plz present arguments. Or don't post unless you have anything usefull to add.

BTW I agree with him. And I'm not initing roids as that part just got too boring.
I gave arguments. Read again. He was saying that this was the boring first 24 hours ever because he could not init roids which is tatal bull**** because he could never do that in an earlier round. In fact during the first 24 ticks in this round you could do more than you could in most previous rounds. So the original thrwead poster is clearly not aware that he has played up to nine rounds without doing **** in first 24 hours or he is just making posts to make the game look worse then it actually is. In other words he is either ignorant, stupid or a twat.

I disagree with him on the first 24 hours issue. Gave argument and that is enough. I do not agree with people being biased but I don't argue about that. If you want to be biased that is just fine. But don't put false info on here as arguments to support that bias. There is plenty of real arguments to use why old PA was better then new PA besides making them up.

hAl
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 16:28   #15
Gerbie
pe0n

Re: Re: Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
I gave arguments. Read again. He was saying that this was the boring first 24 hours ever because he could not init roids which is tatal bull**** because he could never do that in an earlier round. In fact during the first 24 ticks in this round you could do more than you could in most previous rounds. So the original thrwead poster is clearly not aware that he has played up to nine rounds without doing **** in first 24 hours or he is just making posts to make the game look worse then it actually is. In other words he is either ignorant, stupid or a twat.

I disagree with him on the first 24 hours issue. Gave argument and that is enough. I do not agree with people being biased but I don't argue about that. If you want to be biased that is just fine. But don't put false info on here as arguments to support that bias. There is plenty of real arguments to use why old PA was better then new PA besides making them up.

hAl
Read his post yourself then. He didn't say he couldn't init roids. On the contrary. He just said it was boring to just init them without scanning.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 16:34   #16
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
If you disagree next time plz present arguments.
if u actually read his post he presents the best argument you can have against the "most boring first 24 hours ever". Since in the "old" pa you couldn't do anything but wait for those very exciting and not boring ( ) researches & constructions to end before you could actually start doing anything at all. So please tell me how being busy every tick of the first 24 hours initiating roids and comparing your roid amount with others can be more boring then doing nothing but clicking 4 or 5 buttons and waiting for the researches & constructions to end?.

The only thing that might be boring now is that there is no reason to organise any Cluster or Parallel allies, which makes almost all positions that exist useless. GC has nothing to do, MoC has nothing to do, MoD can allow or disallow trading (very much work :P) and MoW can't do anything either because its (nearly) impossible to please all the different alliance players in the gal and organise a attack without being leaked.

and saying ""Oh crap.. to be able to get a good start in this pa, I need to get up every other hour to initiate some roids.. and no chance involved.. great" is stupid aswell as wasn't that the case with the old pa aswell? u had to be up almost every hour to order more scans and scan for more roids, the only "excitement" that is missing here is the luck factor.

Besides in the end the same ppl will lead again after protection. In the old pa its was the ppl who scanned every hour for new roids who where leading the ranks and thats the same now. The luck factor didn't change that much about that.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 16:38   #17
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
Read his post yourself then. He didn't say he couldn't init roids. On the contrary. He just said it was boring to just init them without scanning.
he is talking about comparing the roids he got with other galm8, and considering its still about the first 24 hours.... thats impossible =)

"Man..cool, my galmate is ****-lucky"

how can he be lucky in the first 24 hours with scanning without the ability to scan

though i do agree the old scanning was more exciting then this.... but there is enough to be excited about =)
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 16:40   #18
Gerbie
pe0n

The main difference is the luck factor. It might not be much, but it was the only unsure thing in the whole game at the start. The only thing that made it a game. I'm not going to init roids for 48 hrs without any external or luck factors.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 17:41   #19
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Oi hAl

Clearly I didn't think it all through.. but you know what I mean.
When we could scan then.. then it was not as boring as now.
And sure there are other factors now, such as trading to get one more roid now and then.. engineers.. and stuff. But it's just boring so far.. and that is my opinion. And I do expect it to be good after protection though..

Why be so hostile when u clearly must have understood that I was talking about the initiating period. oki, so the thread could have been named "most boring pt35 or so and until pt72 or whatever" .. sorry me..
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 17:42   #20
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
How u managed that?
By founding a new alliance.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 17:44   #21
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

wow, so u couldn't do that in earlier rounds too?
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 17:47   #22
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
Originally posted by Wandows

he is talking about comparing the roids he got with other galm8, and considering its still about the first 24 hours.... thats impossible =)

"Man..cool, my galmate is ****-lucky"

how can he be lucky in the first 24 hours with scanning without the ability to scan

though i do agree the old scanning was more exciting then this.... but there is enough to be excited about =)
--------
Surely I was talking about the previous rounds.. then u could compare.. and be lucky. And I meant the period from when u could scan.. the first 24 hours was always boring.. sorry for making that error.. heh.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 17:55   #23
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl

hAl
lol.. yeye.. so I made a tosser out of myself..
But if someone else had made that post.. I would have understood that he was talking about the period from when you could scan.. So this pa is actually more fun than the previous one the first 24.. so I'm a tosser.. haha Of course I know u couldn't scan the first 24.. but I have been scanning these first 24.. so I was comparing the initiating part and made a mistake..hardy-har. And I am very aware that I have played many rounds of pa, and if my erroneus post upset u this much.. I'm sorry.

And yes I'm ignorant in many ways, and yes I'm stupid in some ways, some will say many..and that might be so. But I don't know if I'm a twat though..
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 18:00   #24
Banned
Banned

Quote:
wow, so u couldn't do that in earlier rounds too?
Actually it's pretty much exactly what I did in previous rounds. This time seems to be the absolutely best though.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 18:03   #25
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Wandows
if u actually read his post he presents the best argument you can have against the "most boring first 24 hours ever". Since in the "old" pa you couldn't do anything but wait for those very exciting and not boring ( ) researches & constructions to end before you could actually start doing anything at all. So please tell me how being busy every tick of the first 24 hours initiating roids and comparing your roid amount with others can be more boring then doing nothing but clicking 4 or 5 buttons and waiting for the researches & constructions to end?.

The only thing that might be boring now is that there is no reason to organise any Cluster or Parallel allies, which makes almost all positions that exist useless. GC has nothing to do, MoC has nothing to do, MoD can allow or disallow trading (very much work :P) and MoW can't do anything either because its (nearly) impossible to please all the different alliance players in the gal and organise a attack without being leaked.

and saying ""Oh crap.. to be able to get a good start in this pa, I need to get up every other hour to initiate some roids.. and no chance involved.. great" is stupid aswell as wasn't that the case with the old pa aswell? u had to be up almost every hour to order more scans and scan for more roids, the only "excitement" that is missing here is the luck factor.

Besides in the end the same ppl will lead again after protection. In the old pa its was the ppl who scanned every hour for new roids who where leading the ranks and thats the same now. The luck factor didn't change that much about that.
Grrr, why did I post at all.. without thinking that is..
I was comparing the roid-initiating, and didn't think about the fact that u couldn't scan and initiate the first 24 earlier.. my bad.
But the old scanning-part was in my opinion more fun than this.
And sure u had to get up in the middle of the night before too..but then you could get lucky.. or unlucky.. which is something more to look forward to, then to just simply know that you can just initiate all u can afford to.
And the luck factor adds a great deal to the excitement part in my opinion. And sure the same guys will lead again after protection.. that wasn't my point..
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 18:05   #26
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Good for you Banned
Best of Luck
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 18:19   #27
Eventh
Retired?

Tin-Tin: if you were talking about the 24 hours till the 72 hours, isnt it a bit ealry to come here and complain.. we are in tick 30 now...

There are more aspecs who can make it more fun the next ticks, just as you had in old pa.. Engineers, soon you can change that and that gives aloth of choises..

Coverop and scans, you can get scans now, so you can scan and see if anyone got much resources lying around, then use coverop to steal them.. there you got a big luck factor much more fun than scanning for roids.. There might be more options that i havent thought of too...

Give it a try before you complain, that is the bottom line here i belive
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 18:20   #28
Eventh
Retired?

Quote:
Originally posted by Banned
Actually it's pretty much exactly what I did in previous rounds. This time seems to be the absolutely best though.
is it some kind of cluster alliance or a normal alliance??
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 18:22   #29
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't understand what you're complaining about. The random chance in scanning just meant you were guaranteed not to do as well as you could, which was only frustrating. Now if you're active you've got more roids, which is the way it should be.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 19:59   #30
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
You dont need to be all that terribly active though, i missed out 5-7 of the first 24 ticks, and im ranked quite nicely.

But yea, scanning for roids did indeed have its bright moments, no doubt about that. It WAS a lot more fun..everybody sat around and calced..how many amps to get when, how many scans to launch when, etc etc. It is a lot more predictable now, and you know fairly exactly how your future 24hrs will look like.

To even bitch down about the original poster is just silly, ofc you didnt scan for roids the first 24hrs earlier, but you planned a lot more, and you were active in another way than just clicking a screen and init roids every tick. And i do think everybody with half a brain knows the differences this is about.

Oh and PS. Im not biased anti-pax bla bla, quite the opposite
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 20:01   #31
Eventh
Retired?

you got more planning now i belive with faster res and engineers and stuff..
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 20:15   #32
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Eventh
you got more planning now i belive with faster res and engineers and stuff..

I know I dont, nor do many i play with/know.
Research doesnt cost anything -> no need to think ahead and pile resources.
Constructions cost less than what you make in a tick -> no need to thin.....
Nothing to calc or plan when it comes to initing roids.

tumtedum..

edit; not to mention the entire techtree-planning you did earlier, weeks in advance, right on the tick so to speak.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 20:16   #33
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Eventh
Tin-Tin: if you were talking about the 24 hours till the 72 hours, isnt it a bit ealry to come here and complain.. we are in tick 30 now...

There are more aspecs who can make it more fun the next ticks, just as you had in old pa.. Engineers, soon you can change that and that gives aloth of choises..

Coverop and scans, you can get scans now, so you can scan and see if anyone got much resources lying around, then use coverop to steal them.. there you got a big luck factor much more fun than scanning for roids.. There might be more options that i havent thought of too...

Give it a try before you complain, that is the bottom line here i belive
Jeezes

How many times do I have to explain that I messed up.. I was thinking about the roid-initiating period.. and comparing this round with the previous ones. And since we have been initiating roids the first 24 hours now, I made a comparison.. which was my opinion.. of course I made an error.. by calling it the first 24 hours.. let that go

And about coverops and stuff, that will be cool, and I din't say nothing negative about that. This thread was just meant to be my opinion about the roid-initiating period compared to previous rounds.. and yes, I did make a bit of p00-p00 of myself.. But I think I have explained myself enough now

I can't wait til protection-time is over
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 20:53   #34
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
roid scans never liked me ive had alot of fun tbh, sure its different, but fun all the same ..

btw, been active was never a guarentee of reward in roid scans, even with the formulas, a huge part of it was down to luck.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 22:58   #35
hAl
ensign forever

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
but then you could get lucky.. or unlucky.. which is something more to look forward to, then to just simply know that you can just initiate all u can afford to.
And the luck factor adds a great deal to the excitement part in my opinion. And sure the same guys will lead again after protection.. that wasn't my point..
Funny enough there are still factors that allow you to get ahead in roid initiation. Like working together with your galm8s. This round your gal can play a big role in your start. It might even get you a few extra roids. Mayby you have a bad gal or mayby you are Xan. For all non Xans there is the balancing of the roids which also requires a lot of trade in gal. There is plenty of opportunity to get ahead slightly already by doing the right things. True, luck is less of a factor but frankly I remember that luck generally was not a major factor in determining the succes during protection. It had its moment especially the first big scan with ten or 12 scans but frankly, to keep on the topic, I cannot see why you did not find the first 24 hours of the rounds before this one more boring. In those rounds the first 36 hours was dead. If you find this first part of PAX boring than at least admit that the those 36 hours were much much more boring and also allowed only 1 single optimal strategy which funny enough PAX does not. And I did not see you make threads in round nine saying Oh my god this 36 hours was the most boring ever (and they were, realy !!!)

But mayby with the limited knowledge of PAX you fear you are picking the wrong strategy already (I just know I am) or you just like the fact that there is only one way to go in a game like before and then have the luck factor decide what happens. Mayby you are already thinking of the rest of the game which you did not like in beta. Clealry not all people liked the beta. Some hated it and wnat the old game back. I will decide when the game has had some time to prove itself. After that ...well... mayby I won't like it much either but for now I give it the chance it needs.

hAl

Last edited by hAl; 14 Sep 2003 at 23:06.
hAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 23:31   #36
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Funny enough there are still factors that allow you to get ahead in roid initiation. Like working together with your galm8s. This round your gal can play a big role in your start. It might even get you a few extra roids.
before r4 you could trade resources with your galmates during protection.
I have been campaigning every round since tick 0 r4 to get it reinstated, and finally it's back.

Too bad that in the galaxy I'm in in the free clusters there is noone else but me with 2 digit roids, let alone with an interest in trading.
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 00:09   #37
hAl
ensign forever

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
before r4 you could trade resources with your galmates during protection.
I have been campaigning every round since tick 0 r4 to get it reinstated, and finally it's back.

Too bad that in the galaxy I'm in in the free clusters there is noone else but me with 2 digit roids, let alone with an interest in trading.
Trading was a dangerous tool for roidfarmers and especially in dedicated farm gals. With the abuse of it going on there was certainly reason for that to be removed. But roid farm risk are low in this round as it is unlikely people can keep up researching for heavy cargo's if they roids activly anyways.

hAl
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 08:11   #38
Tin-Tin
An ok dude

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
but frankly, to keep on the topic, I cannot see why you did not find the first 24 hours of the rounds before this one more boring. In those rounds the first 36 hours was dead. If you find this first part of PAX boring than at least admit that the those 36 hours were much much more boring and also allowed only 1 single optimal strategy which funny enough PAX does not. And I did not see you make threads in round nine saying Oh my god this 36 hours was the most boring ever (and they were, realy !!!)

hAl
Aight.. didn't you read up my replies up there? I already admitted I made an error by calling it the first 24.. And yes, the first 36 was always boring.. what my intentions were, was to give my opinion about the roid-initiating-period was compared to the old rounds..
And this round we initiated roids the first 24 hours..I didn't really think when I posted.. fair enough
And yes, the trading thing was cool. Got me some more c-roids. And if our gal had been more active, it could've been great. I do see that. That wasn't my point either. By getting that one extra roid here and there, doesn't have the same feeling to it compared to getting 9 out of 10 early on in the previous rounds. But enough about this ****.. hehe

Game on
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 14:10   #39
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with Tin_Tin here, based on the fact that the tick before your First roid scan, or a big batch, or anything liek that, was exciting, I used to sit there and try and work out what idget, and what would be good, and bad, and it was fun and i was nervous about xx:50 but it was good tension, me and my rl mate would have a fag before scanning, saying what we wanted and stuff, and it was allways gd fun, if u got a bad scan, bit saddening, but you allways recoverd later.

Im just saying it was a bit of pa i really enjoyed, thats now missing, im not dissing PAX cos i havnt seen enough of it yet, im just agreeing with tintin that scans should still be there for roids

Also this post makes me look really sad :/

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 15:28   #40
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cheekybru
hihi, like we did not know already.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 00:58   #41
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by cheekybru

finally the truth is out eh
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 12:08   #42
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Most boring first 24hours ever..

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
YOU WILL BE ASSMILATED
How dare anyone critise PAX :shock: We all know that it is probably the bestest game out there.

I always quite enjoyed the scanning period, if only becasue I seemed to be lucky as hell during it and got to laugh at the poor saps who weren't. Although I actually think I prefer the initiation period in PA X maybe because it's different.

Last edited by Hicks; 17 Sep 2003 at 12:13.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 12:08   #43
zek132

zek132 is an unknown quantity at this point
I did enjoy first 24 ticks much more then before, even first 48 ticks. The race for roids is funny! Once i got to TOP 1 though it sucked as people kept on cov-oping me. Also getting attacked around tick 55 is funny. People jus don't realise that they can't steal much roids with 70ish FI ships. good laugh.