User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Mar 2003, 23:21   #51
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Vvomm AND NaR :- could it be??

Quote:
+ What the hell can Vvomm do, they nearly all dead lol. [/b]
who's dead? I just started attacking

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 00:18   #52
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Eclipse isnt Fury. The People who have held political decision making in Fury over the 8 rounds they existed were Sid, Cryptic, and Me. Sid and Cryptic are retired from PA. I am in eclipse but I do not handle politics and other than a limited advisory role I have no say in decisions. Even if Fury has backstabbed to some large degree in the past(they actually havent) the argument that Eclipse would follow this is fundementally flawed. As your only real argument could be that sid was a backstabber, since he was the only person who ran Fury politics for multiple rounds and he is gone.

Eclipse allied with Elysium, WP, and ToT. Now I dont know exactly how many people you would consider to be everyone, but I dont think that this is nearly everyone. This is all eclipse is allied to. The nap with nar was a temporary deal done for mutual conveinence as they both wanted to hit vom first. It was a deal made by all the alliances in weet and nar, and had nothing to do with eclipse wanting to be allied to everyone. Im sorry that you think eclipse can control all those alliances. If only we could.

Eclipse does not hand out targets to any other alliance, nor has it ever done so. Please stop fabricating things. Eclipse has no more or less say in weet than any of the other alliances.

We fought a war in a war game with vom. How is us attacking our competition and trying to have good galaxies make us bad exactly? Now the war was stilted, but it only lasted less than 2 weeks. If you dont like competition, quit the game. Theres nothing wrong with having your galaxies do well.

Once again, Eclipse is not Fury, nor does Fury's diplomatic record have anything to do with eclipse. By making such a rediculous statement (even if it is a sem-common delusion) you display that your unwarrented anti-Fury sentiment is really all that we should take from your post.
Trolled

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 00:24   #53
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
So you'd rather lose than do what is necessary to make a decent fight of the round?
Yes.
We're not cowards, and we're not afraid of a fair fight.
Speaks well of VoM HC ... unlike others.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 00:36   #54
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
So you'd rather lose than do what is necessary to make a decent fight of the round?
It is not our job to cover for the mistakes of others.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 02:16   #55
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
It is not our job to cover for the mistakes of others.
LMAO

Will the pseudo moralization never stop?

Wouldnt you guys taking a certain political strategy for your pride and thus causing stagnation be just as much a mistake as another alliance taking a certain political strategy for thier greed?

Arent both equally selfish in thier own ways. Screwing the community to have something for yourself.

Especially when the mistake you refer to wasnt prompted by any particular greed, was simply a miscalculation and was corrected in a matter of days.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 02:34   #56
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
This round is an Eclipse solo win.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 02:35   #57
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
LMAO

Wouldnt you guys taking a certain political strategy for your pride and thus causing stagnation be just as much a mistake as another alliance taking a certain political strategy for thier greed?

Arent both equally selfish in thier own ways. Screwing the community to have something for yourself.

Especially when the mistake you refer to wasnt prompted by any particular greed, was simply a miscalculation and was corrected in a matter of days.
Two guys beat up on a third, break his legs and send him to hospital. Then when the first two have noone else to fight they start to fight amongst themselves and suddenly it's expected that the guy on crutches should help the smaller of the first 2 to make the fight last a little longer?

And when he refuses he is accused of bad sport?
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 02:52   #58
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Two guys beat up on a third, break his legs and send him to hospital. Then when the first two have noone else to fight they start to fight amongst themselves and suddenly it's expected that the guy on crutches should help the smaller of the first 2 to make the fight last a little longer?

tbh there is no need to justify it,

there is a very long history of it through-out human history.

as others/myself keep saying: the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

but he is only my friend while my enemy is a threat.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 02:55   #59
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
...Especially when the mistake you refer to wasnt prompted by any particular greed, was simply a miscalculation and was corrected in a matter of days.
miscalculation my arse!

or maybe you are infact that stupid who knows, either way that was a self defeating point. You're slipping.

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 03:29   #60
QazokRouge5
Back from timeout.

QazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the roughQazokRouge5 is a jewel in the rough
Not only will we storm from the bottom, we will demolish the traitors and backstabbers and such willll an almighty fist.!

ONWARD!

/me trips.

ffs
Quote:
Originally posted by Yahwe
Gay ducks only do it because it impresses their peers.
QazokRouge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 03:34   #61
Baxrus
HC of StrongHold

Baxrus is an unknown quantity at this point
We have not forgotten vommv
And now they coming out of their vacation start acting tough.
hehe

The more blocks vs each other the more fun we get
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 03:58   #62
Ska
Waging a war on errorism

Ska has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond reputeSka has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
LMAO

Shush, you are fury, and fury is evil. It is the way of things.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 04:50   #63
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

The flaw in that example is that in life, beating someone up is immoral. This is a war game, beating other people up is what every player does every time they get roids. Unless of course they are launching only targets of equivelent size. The very nature of this game is to steal roids from people and hurt them. So yes, he is a bad sport, cause the sport is beatings.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 04:51   #64
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
miscalculation my arse!

or maybe you are infact that stupid who knows, either way that was a self defeating point. You're slipping.
Im sure your story of how things happened is alot more exciting than mine, but certainly not more accurate. I imagine you are reading lots of thigns into my post that arent really there though.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 07:29   #65
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Re: Vvomm AND NaR :- could it be??

Quote:
Originally posted by acetomb
+ What the hell can Vvomm do, they nearly all dead lol.
Knowing a few of the players.. quite a lot actually.. it's early yet..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 08:05   #66
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
...beating other people up is what every player does every time they get roids...
Hi, my name is Chax and I'm a Cathaar. I haven't stolen any roids this round. Other rounds I haven't beaten people up very often either, some people don't bash. Some people just send 1 fleet tailored for 15% cap, yes even when not playing cath. Some people don't attack in groups of 2 or 3 on one planet.

It may come as a surprise to you, but not all players are ex Fury.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 08:33   #67
Wombat
MAdnRisKy

Wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Im sure your story of how things happened is alot more exciting than mine, but certainly not more accurate. I imagine you are reading lots of thigns into my post that arent really there though.
Oh dear look it's really not hard. I read your sentence, and accepting it on face value it means that you overestimated the military strength of VOM. This is either because you are incapable of determining a reasonable level of threat for a third party (ie stupid / retarded with a side order of naivety) or because you deliberately over stacked your hand to bring about such a conclusion as was evident (which means it was not a miscalculation, because it was not an error of judgement, rather in fact the happenings of the last week were by design). In which case the rather transparent statement that the gross monopolisation of power with the NARWEET block was just an honest to god "accident", is not only ludicrous, but probably the biggest bare faced LIE to have passed the lips of anyone this round save ony to the comments of "we're aware of all the problems of this round and all shall be fixed for round 10" and other such asorted detritus from the current active creator of the week, with the equally naive hope that they're convincing anyone of anything too.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:20   #68
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Wombat
but probably the biggest bare faced LIE to have passed the lips of anyone this round save ony to the comments of "we're aware of all the problems of this round and all shall be fixed for round 10" and other such asorted detritus from the current active creator of the week, with the equally naive hope that they're convincing anyone of anything too.
heh nice Metaphor
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:26   #69
Hardin

Hardin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
miscalculation my arse!

Slipping or slipped?

R9.5 - ? - *NONE* - Lost Avengers returns!!!
R9 - 4:10:5 - *OLYMPIANS* - I hate NARWEET *Boohoo*...
R8 - 26:2:1 - *TITANS* - We wuz robbed - Hidden Dragons foeva!!!
R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG
R5 - C28 - *ELYSIUM* - Lo Friederich, Hardcastle, CBK and all...
R4 - ? - *NONE* - Hapless noobie
R3 - ? - *NONE* - Hopeless noobie
Hardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:51   #70
Wombat
MAdnRisKy

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardin
Slipping or slipped?
well Personally I'm just getting warmed up, so the former would seem to indicate a more progressive trend, whereas the later would imply he's reached the end of his decline (far more unlikely, but you decide)
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:52   #71
Illogical
Property of merle

Illogical is an unknown quantity at this point
Prince loves squirrels
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:01   #72
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
WE made our Bed, and we slept in it
you dug your grave get in
if you want some help putting the soil on top I'll hire a payloader
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:05   #73
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
LMAO

um, Your going to talk about screwing the community, ?
and haveing something for yourself ?
I thought you were one of thoose people who i saw in round 5/7 who posted thigns like "we play for our fun not yours"

commical to say the least
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 11:48   #74
logbat

logbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Baxrus

The more blocks vs each other the more fun we get
doh!
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:20   #75
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by sirad
um, Your going to talk about screwing the community, ?
and haveing something for yourself ?
I thought you were one of thoose people who i saw in round 5/7 who posted thigns like "we play for our fun not yours"

commical to say the least
Im not sure how lying about what I posted in other rounds helps your case.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:26   #76
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Im not sure how lying about what I posted in other rounds helps your case.
Yea you would be able to conclude lying out of that post, read again o wise one
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:29   #77
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Wombat
Oh dear look it's really not hard. I read your sentence, and accepting it on face value it means that you overestimated the military strength of VOM. This is either because you are incapable of determining a reasonable level of threat for a third party (ie stupid / retarded with a side order of naivety) or because you deliberately over stacked your hand to bring about such a conclusion as was evident (which means it was not a miscalculation, because it was not an error of judgement, rather in fact the happenings of the last week were by design). In which case the rather transparent statement that the gross monopolisation of power with the NARWEET block was just an honest to god "accident", is not only ludicrous, but probably the biggest bare faced LIE to have passed the lips of anyone this round save ony to the comments of "we're aware of all the problems of this round and all shall be fixed for round 10" and other such asorted detritus from the current active creator of the week, with the equally naive hope that they're convincing anyone of anything too.
Wombat, get a clue, please oh please god get a clue. What am I a fckn psychic. Vom is a powerblock made up 3 alliances. Virus is a relatively known quantity. Oly has never existed before. Madcows is somewhat known, but changed and its their first time really stepping into a block like that. The block was a new combination of new and changed alliance.

Why are you acting like NAr and weet command would have to be stupid not to know their exact strength? Do you have any idea how hard it is to guage the strength of a block you know, harder yet to guage the strenght of a block youve never seen before. Not to mention that pure galaxies is not standard, so it was hard to judge exactly what the quantifiable level of effect that will have.

Im sorry that you think that "Weet are evil demons trying to ruin my round" Is a more likely scenerio thatn "Weet and Nar were overcautions and misjudged the sheer overwhelming nature of their nap"

Your stance on this is clearly based in the land of fiction. Where noble hero's slay evil demons. Life isnt like that, PA isnt like that. You cant backup your argument without appealing to the evil greed of weet, and somehow arguing that they managed to brainwash nar. Its just a silly fiction that doesnt hold up to any scrutiny. Especially considering that a key componant, (weetnar as a cowards block stagnating the round) proved false as they broke up as soon as the war started reaching stagnation.

The fact is that no alliances ever know that much about thier enemies going into rounds, which has been demonstrated time and time again. And this round was particularly difficult with so many new and changed alliances. There is no other reasonable explenation for the nap other than the fact that both nar and weet thought vom would put up much more of a fight. No other reasonable reason, just your unreasonable fictions.

So pls, take hardin with you and go away. You got your nar/weet breakup, now stop being stupid and play the game.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:30   #78
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Yea you would be able to conclude lying out of that post, read again o wise one
I have never in my life ever said "we play for our fun not yours"

so you saying i did is.... a lie

Thanks for playing, sorry you didnt win. You will however get a copy of our home game as a consolation prize.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:37   #79
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I have never in my life ever said "we play for our fun not yours"

so you saying i did is.... a lie

Thanks for playing, sorry you didnt win. You will however get a copy of our home game as a consolation prize.
actually i said I thought you were one of the ones, ..
I'm quite sure there was some fury propaganda master posting it prehaps it was Zhil, i'm not entirely sure but I did Think it was you.

so my thought is a lie?

thanks for debateing sorry the other team won heres a copy of win loose or draw as your door prize
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 13:42   #80
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

So pls, take hardin with you and go away. You got your nar/weet breakup, now stop being stupid and play the game.
oi oi... don't bring me into it... I been behavin myself since ur excessive coalition broke up. I even began initiating again

I cud argue with a lot of what you just posted in reply to Wombat... I am sure many cud! However suffice it to say that I never said NARWEET were bound together foreva!

I simply said that the split when it came would probably be at a time of WEET's chosing...most likely when they thought NaR and VOM could pose no real threat to WEET victory.

TBH I am just happy u guys finally saw the light! Let's hope NaR prove worthy opponents and VOM give u difficulties too so we do get a reasonably balanced war that last longer than two weeks...

Only time will tell...

ps. K-W I am glad you have a monopoly on 'truth' in PA. Sirad - u r a norty boy!

R7 - 5:20:3 - *NONE* - Owners of C5 - Creation of Lost Avengers - PA's most leet BG

Last edited by Hardin; 31 Mar 2003 at 13:55.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:03   #81
K-W
Bored

Quote:
actually i said I thought you were one of the ones, ..
I'm quite sure there was some fury propaganda master posting it prehaps it was Zhil, i'm not entirely sure but I did Think it was you.

so my thought is a lie?

thanks for debateing sorry the other team won heres a copy of win loose or draw as your door prize
I lose the the debate because you were wrong?

Wow you must debate by some odd rules.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:07   #82
K-W
Bored

Quote:
oi oi... don't bring me into it... I been behavin myself since ur excessive coalition broke up. I even began initiating again

I cud argue with a lot of what you just posted in reply to Wombat... I am sure many cud! However suffice it to say that I never said NARWEET were bound together foreva!

I simply said that the split when it came would probably be at a time of WEET's chosing...most likely when they thought NaR and VOM could pose no real threat to WEET victory.

TBH I am just happy u guys finally saw the light! Let's hope NaR prove worthy opponents and VOM give u difficulties too so we do get a reasonably balanced war that last longer than two weeks...

Only time will tell...

ps. K-W I am glad you have a monopoly on 'truth' in PA. Sirad - u r a norty boy!
if youd like to not be brought into stop tossing in litttle comments about me into threads.

Well you were pretty much dead on wrong then. THe spit came when stagnation looked like it was starting and all the allainces involved saw it as basically time to change.

We didnt finally see the light. We were saying the whole time that we werent trying to stagnate anything, and thigns would change in due time. They did, there was no light to see.

I have no monopoly of truth.

How does sirad making an untrue accusation mean that I am claiming a monopoly of truth. I have alwasy considered the community of this game important and realized that without good fighting this game sucks for everyone. Ive never liked stagnation or defended stagnation. Simply spoken out to explain why alliances have done what theyve done using explanations that aknowledged that All allainces are run by and contain normal people who want to win, who want fun, normal people playing a game, not evil sadists.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:31   #83
Hardin

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
if youd like to not be brought into stop tossing in litttle comments about me into threads.
Okay...

Quote:
Well you were pretty much dead on wrong then. THe spit came when stagnation looked like it was starting and all the allainces involved saw it as basically time to change.

We didnt finally see the light. We were saying the whole time that we werent trying to stagnate anything, and thigns would change in due time. They did, there was no light to see.
Everyone knew things would change in time. Everyone knew NARWEET wud eventually split.

Question is did u split it -

1. Selflessly 'for the good of the game' to end stagnation and make fun for all - just as Fury attacked Ely in R5 'for the good of the game'?

2. Or did you split when WEET HC realised that you had reached a point where even if NaR teamed up with decimated VOM they still cudn't stop you?

3. Or was it simply because you were getting so much stick from your own members for continuing with excessive NARWEET and their targets were drying up?

I personally think maybe all three factors had some influence but particularly 2 & 3. Hopefully u have miscalced #2 tho...

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:31   #84
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
That is true. And I have a monopoly on truth
K-W already stated in the Vacation thread a couple of days ago that things have to and will change.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:49   #85
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
I just capped 160 weet roids (wp) to be exact
ASK Ph8!!!
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 14:51   #86
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Okay...

Everyone knew things would change in time. Everyone knew NARWEET wud eventually split.

1. Selflessly 'for the good of the game' to end stagnation and make fun for all - just as Fury attacked Ely in R5 'for the good of the game'?

2. Or did you split when WEET HC realised that you had reached a point where even if NaR teamed up with decimated VOM they still cudn't stop you?

3. Or was it simply because you were getting so much stick from your own members for continuing with excessive NARWEET and their targets were drying up?

I personally think maybe all three factors had some influence but particularly 2 & 3. Hopefully u have miscalced #2 tho...
im not exactly on good terms with the Eclipse HC, yet even I think your incorrect on your judgements.

also another thing you should think about is, even if eclipse was a mirror of fury which it isnt, that IT DOES NOT RULE THE BLOCK WITH AN IRON FIST, it is equal with its partners thus you cant judge it by fltv, or even by fury.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 15:05   #87
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
I lose the the debate because you were wrong?

Wow you must debate by some odd rules.
no you loose because your wrong.
duh
dont know what rules your looking at musta took germania 103m in highschool or something
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 17:11   #88
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Wombat, get a clue, please oh please god get a clue. What am I a fckn psychic. Vom is a powerblock made up 3 alliances. Virus is a relatively known quantity. Oly has never existed before. Madcows is somewhat known, but changed and its their first time really stepping into a block like that. The block was a new combination of new and changed alliance.

Why are you acting like NAr and weet command would have to be stupid not to know their exact strength? Do you have any idea how hard it is to guage the strength of a block you know, harder yet to guage the strenght of a block youve never seen before. Not to mention that pure galaxies is not standard, so it was hard to judge exactly what the quantifiable level of effect that will have.

Im sorry that you think that "Weet are evil demons trying to ruin my round" Is a more likely scenerio thatn "Weet and Nar were overcautions and misjudged the sheer overwhelming nature of their nap"

Your stance on this is clearly based in the land of fiction. Where noble hero's slay evil demons. Life isnt like that, PA isnt like that. You cant backup your argument without appealing to the evil greed of weet, and somehow arguing that they managed to brainwash nar. Its just a silly fiction that doesnt hold up to any scrutiny. Especially considering that a key componant, (weetnar as a cowards block stagnating the round) proved false as they broke up as soon as the war started reaching stagnation.

The fact is that no alliances ever know that much about thier enemies going into rounds, which has been demonstrated time and time again. And this round was particularly difficult with so many new and changed alliances. There is no other reasonable explenation for the nap other than the fact that both nar and weet thought vom would put up much more of a fight. No other reasonable reason, just your unreasonable fictions.

My appologies, I did infact over estimate you. Won't do it again.

(how could you not see that with a private outnumbering of 3/4-1 you wouldn't win VERY quickly, rough estimations / more accuarte into was available on member size, you clearly knew you had VASTLY superior amounts, and as you're so fond of citing PA history as a good predictor of future form, you know that it's been shown that in a small private universe numbers beats quality so HOW you can sit there and claim that you HONESTLY had no clue that you had stacked the cards so disproportinatly, infact you believed them set as for a realistically even and tough war, just defies all conventinal laws of assumed intelligence of an ex Fury exec but if you insist on saying you're actually that morose, be my guest)

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 20:28   #89
K-W
Bored

Quote:
no you loose because your wrong.
duh
dont know what rules your looking at musta took germania 103m in highschool or something
Interesting.

So YOU saying I said something that I never said, makes ME wrong.

It must be interesting to live in your world sirad, do you walk on the ceiling, eat your beer and drink your dinner?
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 20:36   #90
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Okay...

1. No one plays this game selflessly. Anyone who does so should be in an institution. If there is some good sameritan whos wasting his energy trying to help an online game, then I suggest he go out into the world and spend his time helping people who are starving or something.

Everyone here is playing a game for enjoyment, or fufillment of some kind.

2. Nope, not in the slightest tbh. YOu once again overestimate the precision of weet intelligence. Such precise judgements as that are pretty much impossible. ANd if that was our goal, we could have gone on longer, could we not have?

3. I dunno about the rest of weet. In eclipse there were a few people saying that they were bored, and the inklings of a frustration over targets. No huge complaints or massive discontent. Nothing near a big enough problem to make us change if we had wanted not to change.

As far as targets drying up... sorta. But isnt that the point? Having better targets means taking on bigger enemies. Challenging ourselves to a more demanding task.

Its quite simple really. The nap with Nar was a temporary move for the sake of fighting vom, who weet estimated to be the biggest competition before the round. When it was absolutely clear that vom could not come back(in that war, not in the round), and some profit had been made, that goal was finished. Thus a nap made soly for that goal no longer made sense to have. The Nar/Weet vs Vom war was over, the only way for it to end was to end the nap. We didnt want the round to stagnate for 2.5 months. that is just as boring for us as for you. We want fresh challenges and fresh targets and fun. We will certainly do our best to meet those challenges and to win the round. But we want to do so in a fun way. Yes that is a tight line to walk sometimes. But I think its a line any block or alliance wants to walk.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 20:44   #91
K-W
Bored

Quote:
My appologies, I did infact over estimate you. Won't do it again.

(how could you not see that with a private outnumbering of 3/4-1 you wouldn't win VERY quickly, rough estimations / more accuarte into was available on member size, you clearly knew you had VASTLY superior amounts, and as you're so fond of citing PA history as a good predictor of future form, you know that it's been shown that in a small private universe numbers beats quality so HOW you can sit there and claim that you HONESTLY had no clue that you had stacked the cards so disproportinatly, infact you believed them set as for a realistically even and tough war, just defies all conventinal laws of assumed intelligence of an ex Fury exec but if you insist on saying you're actually that morose, be my guest)
Number beats quality? Interesting. Number is certainly a powerful force. But quality has always been of equal or greater importance than number.

I wasnt in eclipse when the decisions you discuss were made, so I dont know exactly what info they had. But I do know that thier motives were as stated publicly. Perhaps they were being over-cautions. I certainly think you could make such a case.

I never claimed the things you said I claimed. YOu once again misread my posts. I cant imagine you can over, under, or in any way estimate me, since you cant seem to understand what I write.

The main reason I never made that claim is because I wasnt around then, I am not even in a position to make that claim. What I can tell you is that the Nar Weet nap was inteded to defeat vom, and I know that when they made it, weet and nar saw that it would put them at a destinct advantage. I think there is very good reason to believe that no one in Nar or Weet had any idea that the war would be as stilited as it was. Quantity has beaten quality, but quality has beaten quantity too. With the number of unknowns they had, its quite unfair of you to claim they should have predicted the future with exact certainty, no one can do that. They setup a situation where they would have a good solid advantage. They intended to win, this is a war game, im not sure how you can fault that. Things went alot faster and more stilted than they thought. A week passed, so they moved on.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:06   #92
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Number beats quality? Interesting. Number is certainly a powerful force. But quality has always been of equal or greater importance than number.
Effective Numbers > Quality.

Effective in the sense that those numbers will hurl themselves at the enemy on a regular basis, and defend reasonably well.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:56   #93
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
Effective Numbers > Quality.

Effective in the sense that those numbers will hurl themselves at the enemy on a regular basis, and defend reasonably well.
Overwhelming numbers > Quality
Overwhelming quality > Numbers

One is not better than the other. Or vice-versa. They are both important factors and it is the balance of the two factors that matters. A certain level of quality can equal a certain # of numbers. If the Numbers are higher than that quality, or the quality higher than the numbers is what decides who has the advantage. Either can be the factor that tips the scale.

Numbers vs Quantity is really a gross oversimplification. As you point out, large numbers of reasonable quality is generally teh strength of an allaince. Players like that are both quality and quantity.

No group is just numbers, no group is just quality. Each group is made up of certain numbers of certain levels of players. You could break it down into infinate combinations and try to analyze it.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 22:18   #94
Wombat
MAdnRisKy

you need a command that is capable of thinking, and then behind them a large bunch of active sheep tbh.

An entire alliance full of amazingly skilled players is great, but a bunch of people who will follow orders, right down to what fleet to build lead by a competant few, is all that is needed these days.

so yes, sheer numbers -provided they're direted well- is the key factor.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 22:55   #95
K-W
Bored

Your not going to find many players willing to devote a ton of hours to a game and then let a command play it for them. Id imagine this would be a particularly destructive way of doing things if things ever get hard. People will demopralize much faster as they have less invested in it.