User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Mar 2003, 08:49   #1
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the kind of crap that makes me despise the shuffle algorithm

I received this after I threatened a galaxy with retaliation after they broke a Cluster Alliance:

Uhm dude... Your galaxy gave you up as a farm for the rest of the clustre if we let them alone... they said if you leave us alone we will not defend #X #X #X if you attack . "quote" They are farms take em if you want "unquote" im sorry for u but i think you need to talk to your gc
-------------------------------------------

The other 7 people in my galaxy were originally a private Spanish Speaking gal and opened it right before the shuffle. Now I am forced to attack in-gal, which wont be difficult seeing as I am the second strongest person in the galaxy. But seriously they need to keep private galaxies private. When I chose random I was under the impression that I would A) Only have to know English, B) Have a fair chance to be elected Galactic Commander or a Minister, and C) Not be ignored and sold as a farm to the rest of my cluster.

By allowing Private galaxies to open their ranks you have destroyed the whole purpose of a random galaxy. If a Private galaxy is not organized enough to get 10 people together by the Shuffle then they too should be disbanded and be randomnly shuffled. They shouldn't be automatically opened to the random planets, which indeed just screws them up.
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 10:10   #2
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: This is the kind of crap that makes me despise the shuffle algorithm

Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
Now I am forced to attack in-gal, which wont be difficult seeing as I am the second strongest person in the galaxy.
"The Council denies any hostile military actions against members of our own galaxy."
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 10:33   #3
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
**** happens :\
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:14   #4
(°>
lowly ensign

(°> is an unknown quantity at this point
indeed random this round is sgite
and i've been random since round 2
(°> is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 13:18   #5
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
They should have made random gal bigger

hAl
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:47   #6
Makain
Macintosh Defender

They should allow in-gal attacks. This is just wrong.
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:56   #7
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Can't you self exile ?
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 16:59   #8
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
suggestion

How about offering galstatus to people who attack them, that should teach them a lesson.

PM me if you like
Unread 17 Mar 2003, 23:45   #9
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Weee look at all that red lighting up the screen in Gal Status. I guess my posts to all those Cluster GC's paid off.
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 04:16   #10
Moondoggie
Ancient Ensign

Moondoggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Why don't you just exile yourself?
Unread 18 Mar 2003, 08:21   #11
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Gloria Alred style

i decide to take this case upon myself

talk to me on IRC Nick Starbucks
or on Email [email protected]

I think its time for a little vigilante justice

Last edited by Leshy; 22 Mar 2003 at 07:40.
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 00:08   #12
Makain
Macintosh Defender

If anyone else wants to help me take revenge please post your e-mail here, and I will forward you all the coordinate information and launch ticks. Plenty f roids for everyone!
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 16:00   #13
Hexy

Hexy is an unknown quantity at this point
wow... that kinda stinks... guess you should have planned a bit better and gotten in a private gal yourself. then again... maybe the others dont really care... maybe maybe maybe.. but exile is always an option .. good luck to ya.
Hexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2003, 20:24   #14
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm makain, let me guess - they didnt make u gc, so u r pissed at them .. where have i heard that b4 ... *cough round 8, 30:5 - huh*

though u could have had genuine bad luck, in which case i recomend u exile.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 08:01   #15
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Uh huh, Kind of like how you guys said Galaxy-First and then ignored the other 6 people in the gal. All of which, except me, self-exiled by the end of the round....

In this case though, I wasn't attempting to be GC, I was attempting to communicate with my new Gal Mates. 7 of which spoke Spanish. One finally told me in English that me and the other 2 planets were being offered as farms, from which we were raided by massive amounts of astropods for all but 3 hours of the day. Which is why private galaxies should not be allowed to OPEN. it screws up the whole idea of choosing to join a random galaxy with other RANDOM people. The whole concept is flawed.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 09:47   #16
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quite kinky indeed, Makain.

How much did you pay for a round of being a farm, eh?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 11:35   #17
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
Quite kinky indeed, Makain.

How much did you pay for a round of being a farm, eh?
Same as all the vom players paid I suppose.
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 13:16   #18
Kenny Hawkes

Ooh Just noticed this post. I see you fail to mention how as dark angel guessed you tried to take over the gal. We all loved the "if i were gc you would be a minister" mails....

You also fail to note how your first posts in politics where filled with proffanities. Followed closely with racist mails and posts....

Its just a shame that report a player didn't get you deleted outright.

Although Dark Angel, are you saying that he DID actualy play in round 5, because from the few gameplay related messages he ever sent out, we all beleived that this was his first round
Unread 21 Mar 2003, 13:29   #19
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
Uh huh, Kind of like how you guys said Galaxy-First and then ignored the other 6 people in the gal. All of which, except me, self-exiled by the end of the round....

In this case though, I wasn't attempting to be GC, I was attempting to communicate with my new Gal Mates. 7 of which spoke Spanish. One finally told me in English that me and the other 2 planets were being offered as farms, from which we were raided by massive amounts of astropods for all but 3 hours of the day. Which is why private galaxies should not be allowed to OPEN. it screws up the whole idea of choosing to join a random galaxy with other RANDOM people. The whole concept is flawed.
ok i can agree 2 that, and you have been indeed unlucky .. however i'd like to have seen your opinion if you had landed in a top10 gal, who didnt offer u as a farm, but instead defended u immensley .. i doubt ud be ehre moaning, but fair enough u paid to go random, with random i guess, though u knew the risk when u paid.