User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Jul 2010, 12:57   #401
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

On a sidenote, Cruijff just said in the Spanish paper (El Periodico) that he believes Spain to be the favourite for this final because they've been the best team this WC with the most appealing style.

So aside from myself, there is atleast 1 other person who likes their style.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 12:57   #402
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

That's it, I've had it with this thread.
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 13:01   #403
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh and, Octopus Paul also thinks Spain will win. So why bothing playing the game when we know the winner?

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jul 2010, 13:02   #404
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
That's it, I've had it with this thread.
Why? Because I said something about an article???

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jul 2010, 13:04   #405
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Because I am getting infuriatingly annoyed at you victimizing yourself and making things into a massive deal when in fact the viewpoints of people in this thread are somewhat similar, just you seem to either be unable to see that or you simply ignore it.
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 13:10   #406
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Because I am getting infuriatingly annoyed at you victimizing yourself and making things into a massive deal when in fact the viewpoints of people in this thread are somewhat similar, just you seem to either be unable to see that or you simply ignore it.
Seems you've been reading a different thread then. Because both Tietäjä as VDJ have stated multiple times that they find the Spanish playing style dull, boring and one of the worst styles to watch to.

I disagree with that. And so does Cruijff it appears. Perhaps you're the one making a huge deal out of it?

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jul 2010, 13:17   #407
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Argosfnlksnfslknfsklnfslkfnslknfslfnslfn *SLAMS FIST INTO DESK*
I try not to cause excessive pain to myself just because of Kjeldoran, really, but my hands are tied while I wait for the servers to process my tiny requests. Sadly, all this seems going really slow today again.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 13:24   #408
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
I try not to cause excessive pain to myself just because of Kjeldoran, really, but my hands are tied while I wait for the servers to process my tiny requests. Sadly, all this seems going really slow today again.
Now who's the dramaqueen aye? You enjoy arguing with me. If you didn't, you'd have stopped posting days ago.

But it's cooler that act like that, so ok.

Btw I'm not responsible for any damage you inflict upon yourself due to your inability to deal with my reaction or additude. :-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jul 2010, 13:46   #409
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
You enjoy arguing with me. If you didn't, you'd have stopped posting days ago.

But it's cooler that act like that, so ok.
If I hadn't become an economist, aye, I'd become a kindergarden teacher, aye.
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 14:06   #410
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
If I hadn't become an economist, aye, I'd become a kindergarden teacher, aye.
My girlfriend is a kindergarden teacher, believe me you'll be swamped in work (not kidding, if I see the hours she needs after school to prepare).

I'm an SAP BI Consultant.

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jul 2010, 14:28   #411
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
My girlfriend is a kindergarden teacher
I see. I feel quite enlightened.
Unread 9 Jul 2010, 14:33   #412
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I see. I feel quite enlightened.
You should. Maybe it explains alot aye.

FA Gaming community

Unread 9 Jul 2010, 14:48   #413
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seems you've been reading a different thread then. Because both Tietäjä as VDJ have stated multiple times that they find the Spanish playing style dull, boring and one of the worst styles to watch to.

I disagree with that. And so does Cruijff it appears. Perhaps you're the one making a huge deal out of it?
First of all...
VdM, not VDJ!

Second, it's not one of the worst styles to watch, I once watched the final of the world cup football for women and no matter how much Spain bores me they can't bore me more than those women (they weren't hot either!)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2010, 22:48   #414
Tietäjä
Good Son

Yeah, they scored once. Good game.

But, admitted, Spain was better where it counted - Spain - and Iniesta especially. Play acted great where it counted, scored great where it counted. If it wasn't for the constant play acting, I'd throw in more positives.
Unread 11 Jul 2010, 22:58   #415
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

That has got to be the most boring final of a world cup I've ever seen in my life though...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 11 Jul 2010, 23:14   #416
Tietäjä
Good Son

Dunno. I was watching it with a bunch of Finnish-Spanish people, so I guess the atmosphere was a contributing factor. Howard Webb gets a 3 or 4 on 1 to 10 though.

In four years I'll be rooting for Ghana.
Unread 11 Jul 2010, 23:18   #417
isildurx

Decent enough match, impressed by Holland. Webb was pretty dire though.
Unread 11 Jul 2010, 23:35   #418
Tietäjä
Good Son

The only really thing that left a big bad taste of this tournament is how much play acting is rewarded. It's mostly not punished at all (apart from something like a single Mesu Özil booking), and most of the time it results in bookings for the opposition (Torres, Iniesta, Capdevila, and so on). The amazing part here is that even the half-Spanish people who were obviously quite jubilant after their victory admitted that Spain does a tremendous amount of it (in reference to the mentioned cases), but from their point of view it's actually an essential part of how to win games.

That, and of course the bunch of controversial goals.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 07:02   #419
isildurx

Yeah, agreed, ****ing play acting blows.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 08:10   #420
Tietäjä
Good Son

I was having a hindsight on it and I can remember one more situation where play acting was booked for, incidentally, that was Glen Johnson receiving a yellow card for being elbowed in the face and falling down.

I'm increasingly starting to just join the group of people silently nodding "Well, it's not good for the game, but since it's such a huge part of footballing culture in certain countries, there's removing it really" and just admitting that the Spanish kids were correct on the part that good play acting is one of the parts of a good team.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:10   #421
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
That has got to be the most boring final of a world cup I've ever seen in my life though...
I agree, the final was unworthy.

Webb was dreadful. I mean, how on earth is it possible that players such as Van Bommel and De Jong didn't get red? I mean, seriously ...

Van Bommel should have sent off after 20 minutes, De Jong (karate judo kick WTF ???) 5 minutes later ...

Robben should have finished his chances, unbelievable how he failed to make the first one. Same goes for Villa and Fabregas.

Sergio Ramos was great once again, Pedro was abit less last night. And both keepers also played a good game.

Spain deserved to win. Eventhough both teams played bad, most of the time Holland only focussed on preventing Spain to play football rather then to play it themselves (succesfully I might add). But in the end they managed to score, Holland didn't.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:10   #422
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Dunno. I was watching it with a bunch of Finnish-Spanish people, so I guess the atmosphere was a contributing factor. Howard Webb gets a 3 or 4 on 1 to 10 though.

In four years I'll be rooting for Ghana.
I agree, Webb wasn't that great.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:11   #423
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Decent enough match, impressed by Holland. Webb was pretty dire though.
Impressed how? I saw a pretty weak Holland, folding back half the time and most of the time more occupied with preventing Spain to play football then to play it themselves. Spain wasn't great either though.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:14   #424
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
The only really thing that left a big bad taste of this tournament is how much play acting is rewarded. It's mostly not punished at all (apart from something like a single Mesu Özil booking), and most of the time it results in bookings for the opposition (Torres, Iniesta, Capdevila, and so on). The amazing part here is that even the half-Spanish people who were obviously quite jubilant after their victory admitted that Spain does a tremendous amount of it (in reference to the mentioned cases), but from their point of view it's actually an essential part of how to win games.

That, and of course the bunch of controversial goals.
Lol, so was Iniesta play acting after the assault on his legs from Van Bommel? Was Xabi Alonso play acting after the judo kick right in his stomach from De Jong?

Most yellow cards were more then deserved. Infact, I'm stunned to see several players not receiving red (yes, Iniesta should have received red aswell after his reaction on Van Bommel who once again assaulted the leg rather then the ball).

It's no surprise that Holland had the most yellow cards (even before this final) ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:16   #425
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

And lol, guess I'm not the only one being biassed here. I see everyone but myself here thinks Spain deserved to win and it seems everyone seems to think that when you get a kick in your stomach, you're play acting when it hurts ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:21   #426
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Webb was dreadful. I mean, how on earth is it possible that players such as Van Bommel and De Jong didn't get red? I mean, seriously ...
De Jong should've been sent off yeah. However, the fact that Netherlands played hard and at times unfair does not justify the amount of diving and play acting the Spanish commited themselves to.

Quote:
Lol, so was Iniesta play acting after the assault on his legs from Van Bommel?
I mean, did I expect you to post anything intelligent? No, I didn't. I expect your personal kindergarden teacher isn't tending after you right now?

Quote:
Most yellow cards were more then deserved. Infact, I'm stunned to see several players not receiving red (yes, Iniesta should have received red aswell after his reaction on Van Bommel who once again assaulted the leg rather then the ball).
Iniesta should have been sent off for play acting. The yellow card say Van der Wiedl received was totally uncalled for and bluntly acted. Heitinga's second card was exaggerated at best if you consider Puyol's similar challenge on Robben - the difference was Robben didn't dive and cry God.

Which is why I said above - he should have just not even tried to score, and instead he should've laid himself on the turf in the box and cringed. Tactically, it may have been more wise to dive outside the box since it's easier for referees to blow the whistle then and book (case Heitinga second, case Van der Wiedl).

Quote:
And lol, guess I'm not the only one being biassed here. I see everyone but myself here thinks Spain deserved to win and it seems everyone seems to think that when you get a kick in your stomach, you're play acting when it hurts ...
Your inability to read people's posts or comperhend them at the very basic level is outright stunning.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:24   #427
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Personally I think it's funny that the dutch are complaining about the referee.
They should be lucky it was him caus any decent referee would have send off Van Bommel & De Jong in the first half.

Holland yesterday was more about kicking peoples legs than trying to kick the ball in the goal.

PS: Kj: In judo there is no kicking, judo is about throwing people.

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:36   #428
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
De Jong should've been sent off yeah. However, the fact that Netherlands played hard and at times unfair does not justify the amount of diving and play acting the Spanish commited themselves to.
True, Spain did some diving but in general I'd say that Holland deserved most (not all) of their cards. Op top, I think both De Jong and Van Bommel should have been sent off.

Quote:
I mean, did I expect you to post anything intelligent? No, I didn't. I expect your personal kindergarden teacher isn't tending after you right now?
What, so you literally deny the fact that Van Bommel should have been sent off for the tons of attacks on mostly Iniesta but also other players? Hell, even the DUTCH reporters said that Van Bommel deserved to be sent off.

Quote:
Iniesta should have been sent off for play acting. The yellow card say Van der Wiedl received was totally uncalled for and bluntly acted. Heitinga's second card was exaggerated at best if you consider Puyol's similar challenge on Robben - the difference was Robben didn't dive and cry God.
Iniesta should have been sent off for his reaction towards Van Bommel. Yes, Robben should have dropped as he got hindered by Puyol. Silly him for not doing so I'd say.

That's inherent to modern football, whether you like that or not.

Quote:
Which is why I said above - he should have just not even tried to score, and instead he should've laid himself on the turf in the box and cringed. Tactically, it may have been more wise to dive outside the box since it's easier for referees to blow the whistle then and book (case Heitinga second, case Van der Wiedl).
True again, but then why didn't hé?

Also, Villa should have received a penalty when Heitinga literally puts his leg right infront of the leg Villa used to kick the ball. It seems harmless but it's a textbook fault that should result in a penalty, just asmuch as any type of hindering a player should be penalized.

Quote:
Your inability to read people's posts or comperhend them at the very basic level is outright stunning.
Lol, say what? All I've seen you post is bashing at how unfair Holland got treated. At how unfair it is for Spain to win this WC. While even the Dutch reporters agreed that Holland played a particularly dirty game and should have deserved several red cards.

You call me biassed (I am indeed), but so are you. If Spain won with 5-0, you'd still be able to discredit their play.

I agree that the final was a shit game, with both teams playing beneath their level. I also agree that Webb didn't have his best game.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:38   #429
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Personally I think it's funny that the dutch are complaining about the referee.
They should be lucky it was him caus any decent referee would have send off Van Bommel & De Jong in the first half.

Holland yesterday was more about kicking peoples legs than trying to kick the ball in the goal.
Very correct, both players should have been sent off. And yes, like I also said: Holland was more about kicking legs then kicking the ball.

But when I say this, Tietäjä calls me stupid and biassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
PS: Kj: In judo there is no kicking, judo is about throwing people.
I know, I did judo for 5 years ;-)
But you know what I mean.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:39   #430
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Yeah, please do insult my girlfriend. Because that's mature, right?

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:44   #431
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Another nice example:

The referee whistled for offside ... Robben ignores it, keeps playing and even shoots at the goal 10 seconds after the whistle. Since he already had a yellow card (for complaining), he didn't receive another one.

Some Spanish player did the same at the end of the game. He received yellow.

Now, the rule here is VERY simple. If you keep on playing after the whistle, you should receive yellow. So Robben should have been sent off aswell.

Mind you, I didn't even notice this until they showed it on Holland TV (I watched the commentary on Holland, as that's way better then Belgian commentary).

This is just an example of how simple rules regarding a similar situation are in once case correct and in another one simply ignored.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:46   #432
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
All I've seen you post is bashing at how unfair Holland got treated. At how unfair it is for Spain to win this WC. While even the Dutch reporters agreed that Holland played a particularly dirty game and should have deserved several red cards.

You call me biassed (I am indeed), but so are you. If Spain won with 5-0, you'd still be able to discredit their play.

I agree that the final was a shit game, with both teams playing beneath their level. I also agree that Webb didn't have his best game.

Are you seriously this retarded or is this just some retard face you pull on your face every monday morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Quote:
Yeah, they scored once. Good game.

But, admitted, Spain was better where it counted - Spain - and Iniesta especially.

Howard Webb gets a 3 or 4 on 1 to 10 though.
I reckon the only part where we seem to disagree is that you think diving is a demonstration of skill and tactical play in modern football and I don't think it's a sporting part of the play any more than violent conduct is. However, to argue that at times Iniesta didn't simply fall over and play act, would be quite brave indeed (the most blunt incident that tops my head is the Van der Wiedl yellow card - find it on the highlights and come back to say Iniesta didn't play act).

I'd like to underpin that I said I think Spain was better where it counted, in both taking advantage of refereeing (which I implied was pretty hideously bad, and didn't specify it was just "against Holland", which is something you read) and converting a goal to win the game. That is, in those crucial moments that make or break your world cup finals.

Additionally, when I spoke more of diving; I said:

Quote:
The only really thing that left a big bad taste of this tournament is how much play acting is rewarded.
For you specifically, I made sure I was speaking of the tournament at large, not only the final.

If I discredit something that I find unsportsmanship behaviour, and you find that biased, then I cannot help you. But if you're moaning here that you're the only one that thinks Spain was better, then it's all inside your little brain. Ad hominem is typically quite a load of shit, but sometimes the people you're discussing with are simply failing the reading comperhension to an extent where it makes you think if they're just complete fvcking retards.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:47   #433
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Yeah, please do insult my girlfriend. Because that's mature, right?
I'll try post more mature when you're actually bothered to read people's posts before spewing shit.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:51   #434
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I'll try post more mature when you're actually bothered to read people's posts before spewing shit.
Yeah, because insulting someone who has nothing to do with any of this is more noble ...

Not that I care, it's just rather pathetic.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:54   #435
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Yeah, because insulting someone who has nothing to do with any of this is more noble ...

Not that I care, it's just rather pathetic.
No, you're just either really, really stupid or illiterate. I'm not certain. Seriously. Read up again, how many people claimed that Spain wasn't the better team, or that the referee was biased against Holland. Nobody. It's all in your head. It is.

People said that Spain was better, or that they found Holland impressive - that is, better than they expected Holland to be. Then, people commented that Howard Webb had a heinous game (nobody specified that it was biased against either team, just that he made a lot of bad calls and failed to keep the game in reign). Then, people implied that play acting is something that's really low and should be punished more for commiting.

Of this, how you jump to a conclusion that people a) claim that Spain didn't deserve their win or were bad, and b) claim that the referee bias against Holland, is completely beyond me. It's staggering how it's possible to twist things in one's head like this.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:55   #436
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I reckon the only part where we seem to disagree is that you think diving is a demonstration of skill and tactical play in modern football and I don't think it's a sporting part of the play any more than violent conduct is. However, to argue that at times Iniesta didn't simply fall over and play act, would be quite brave indeed (the most blunt incident that tops my head is the Van der Wiedl yellow card - find it on the highlights and come back to say Iniesta didn't play act).
I already told you that I agreed that not all cards were deserved (Van Der Wiel being a good example) but that some cards should have been given but weren't.

Quote:
I'd like to underpin that I said I think Spain was better where it counted, in both taking advantage of refereeing (which I implied was pretty hideously bad, and didn't specify it was just "against Holland", which is something you read) and converting a goal to win the game. That is, in those crucial moments that make or break your world cup finals.
Well duh, if you first claim Spain to dive alot and take advantage of the refereeing and then say Webb did a terrible job --> then it's only normal to read that you think Webb was biassed towards Spain.

Quote:
If I discredit something that I find unsportsmanship behaviour, and you find that biased, then I cannot help you. But if you're moaning here that you're the only one that thinks Spain was better, then it's all inside your little brain. Ad hominem is typically quite a load of shit, but sometimes the people you're discussing with are simply failing the reading comperhension to an extent where it makes you think if they're just complete fvcking retards.
Yeah, guess I must be a complete retard then. Now all your pathetic insults are justified, my bad.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 09:57   #437
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
No, you're just either really, really stupid or illiterate. I'm not certain. Seriously. Read up again, how many people claimed that Spain wasn't the better team, or that the referee was biased against Holland. Nobody. It's all in your head. It is.

People said that Spain was better, or that they found Holland impressive - that is, better than they expected Holland to be. Then, people commented that Howard Webb had a heinous game (nobody specified that it was biased against either team, just that he made a lot of bad calls and failed to keep the game in reign). Then, people implied that play acting is something that's really low and should be punished more for commiting.

Of this, how you jump to a conclusion that people a) claim that Spain didn't deserve their win or were bad, and b) claim that the referee bas against Holland, is completely beyond me. It's staggering how it's possible to twist things in one's head like this.
So you quote a part in which I commented your insults towards my gf, and you reply with something COMPLETELY irrelevant to what you quoted?

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 10:01   #438
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
So you quote a part in which I commented your insults towards my gf, and you reply with something COMPLETELY irrelevant to what you quoted?
No, the relevance is that someone should really look after you attending your elementary school reading comperhension lessons again. It'd probably do you a world of good. It makes little difference if people try post arguments and analysis on the game, since your feedback to it is automatically "U CALLIN SPAIN BAD LOL"; even if people would say completely the opposite.

I mean, with that amount of stubborn idiocy, it's just impossible to discuss on any level higher than that of that who defines the level of the conversation (eg. if you say "Spain was good", and you get commented "LOL WHATEVER PSAIN DO U CALL THEM BAD LTOOLOLO", then what are you really going to say, apart from "sod off retard").
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 10:04   #439
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
No, the relevance is that someone should really look after you attending your elementary school reading comperhension lessons again. It'd probably do you a world of good. It makes little difference if people try post arguments and analysis on the game, since your feedback to it is automatically "U CALLIN SPAIN BAD LOL"; even if people would say completely the opposite.

I mean, with that amount of stubborn idiocy, it's just impossible to discuss on any level higher than that of that who defines the level of the conversation (eg. if you say "Spain was good", and you get commented "LOL WHATEVER PSAIN DO U CALL THEM BAD LTOOLOLO", then what are you really going to say, apart from "sod off retard").
Ok, you're correct. Perhaps I should have read everything before making some comments. that however doesn't take away your insults, regardless how you wish to justify them.

Now, could we focus again on discussing football rather then this?

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 10:07   #440
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Btw, Ajax will have a hard time keeping their players after this WC. Both Van Der Wiel (Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern) and their keeper will receive alot of attention from the top clubs.

Same goes for Suarez, who showed to be lethat with Forlan next to/behind him.

Who do you think, of those nominated players, should receive the award of best player of the Tournament?

Imo, Iniesta should deserve it but I think Villa will get it (haven't checked, maybe it's awarded already?). And yes, I'm biassed.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 10:32   #441
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Btw, Ajax will have a hard time keeping their players after this WC. Both Van Der Wiel (Barcelona, Madrid and Bayern) and their keeper will receive alot of attention from the top clubs.

Same goes for Suarez, who showed to be lethat with Forlan next to/behind him.

Who do you think, of those nominated players, should receive the award of best player of the Tournament?

Imo, Iniesta should deserve it but I think Villa will get it (haven't checked, maybe it's awarded already?). And yes, I'm biassed.
It has allready been awarded & Diego Forlan won it...
He played an awesome tournament & deserved the award the most (maybe I'm biased here caus Uruguay was my team this wc )

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/ne...uayan+football

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 10:36   #442
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
It has allready been awarded & Diego Forlan won it...
He played an awesome tournament & deserved the award the most (maybe I'm biased here caus Uruguay was my team this wc )

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/ne...uayan+football
ahh ok, I didn't know. I'd have expected it to go to a player that played/won the final. He deserves it though, he played a wonderful WC and all of his goals were awesome.

Shame that his free kick in the 93th minute against Germany hit the post, could have made him topscorer.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 10:39   #443
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
ahh ok, I didn't know. I'd have expected it to go to a player that played/won the final.
At least the dream team is elected before the final has been played, not sure about golden ball. Golden boot's obviously not doable before all games are done.

I think what weighted heavily for Forlan is how big his performance was for his team. Arguably, he was the most important single player for his team in the tournament.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 10:44   #444
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
At least the dream team is elected before the final has been played, not sure about golden ball. Golden boot's obviously not doable before all games are done.

I think what weighted heavily for Forlan is how big his performance was for his team. Arguably, he was the most important single player for his team in the tournament.
Certainly with the suspension of Suarez, the other "star" of Uruguay. But Forlan has it all really. He's dangerous, he scores easily and his free kicks are amazing.

Muller or Scheinsteiger were also nearly as important to their team, as was Villa. But I guess Forlan did deserve it.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 14:13   #445
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Btw, did anyone notice the "strange" ball Heitinga gave to Casillas? If he gave that ball infront of the goal, it would have been a goal and it would have counted.

I don't think he did that on purpose though, and it's fair play to just give the pass to Casillas at the corner kick.

I know thomas Vermaelen once did it (defender of Arsenal) when he still played with the reserves of Ajax. He also returned the ball to the keeper but accidently shot the ball into goal :-)

After the kick off, Ajax reserves just let the opposing squad score to equal things again. I don't know if this would also have been the case in an WC final.

FA Gaming community

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 15:04   #446
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Btw, did anyone notice the "strange" ball Heitinga gave to Casillas? If he gave that ball infront of the goal, it would have been a goal and it would have counted.

I don't think he did that on purpose though, and it's fair play to just give the pass to Casillas at the corner kick.

I know thomas Vermaelen once did it (defender of Arsenal) when he still played with the reserves of Ajax. He also returned the ball to the keeper but accidently shot the ball into goal :-)

After the kick off, Ajax reserves just let the opposing squad score to equal things again. I don't know if this would also have been the case in an WC final.
Wasn't that Vertonghen in an actual eredivisie game?

Unread 12 Jul 2010, 20:46   #447
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wasn't that Vertonghen in an actual eredivisie game?
No. It was in a cup match between Ajax Reserves and Cambuur Leeuwarden years ago.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 22:02   #448
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:

God forbid if a world class keeper would actually have let that in I'm sure the stadium, including their own supporters, would've just broken in laughter.
Unread 12 Jul 2010, 23:17   #449
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
No. It was in a cup match between Ajax Reserves and Cambuur Leeuwarden years ago.
Seem to remember Vertonghen doing that also this season or previous season though

Unread 13 Jul 2010, 09:04   #450
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
God forbid if a world class keeper would actually have let that in I'm sure the stadium, including their own supporters, would've just broken in laughter.
Very true, allthough as a keeper, you don't expect to receive such a ball when the opposing team is returning the ball to your team.

FA Gaming community