User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 5 Apr 2009, 23:35   #1
DemonatrX
Not Your Ordinary Demon

DemonatrX is an unknown quantity at this point
ToF Returns For R31

First and foremost, I'd like to thank our new owner for believing in this game and giving our community a few more rounds to dislike each other

With the onset of a new era of PA, it brings me great joy to officially announce the return of ToF for R31. Having taken the last two rounds off, ToF WILL BE BACK whether we have 100 members or 10!

I am urging our former players to consider ToF for R31. We will be playing the round in our signature manner, with a strong emphasis on value and accountability. Our IRC atmosphere will be relaxed as usual... I hope to be able to s3x0rz you all

For new or returning players players to the game, ToF is a good place to learn and develop your skills/knowledge of the game. If you are willing to put in the work, our excellent core of officers are very knowledgeable and can guide you and your planet to success.

Many great players have at one point in their PA careers played with ToF, with most of them starting out here. Hence, though we encourage growth, we remain a competitive alliance and require that you hold your weight.

Lastly, for those detail-oriented folks: the alliance will use a mix of in-game tools and IRC bots. The tech is simple to use but very powerful. Most communication will be done in-game, with an external forum used for broader announcements.

Here's looking forward to a new, great round!
/end spam

R13 [N00b] :: R14 [Reunion] :: R15-R18 [ToF(DC)] :: R19-R20 [N/A] :: R21-R28 [ToF(HC)] :: R29-R30 [ROCK(DC)]
R31 [ToF(HC)] :: R32-35 [NA] :: R36[ND(DC)] :: R37+ [EVO(DC)] :: R38 [ND(DC)] :: R39+ [ToF(HC)]
DemonatrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 23:41   #2
snuffy
crowbarhunter

snuffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ToF Returns For R31

our chn is #tof , pm an @ there (or all the ops, preferably) and we'll have a chat :P
snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 23:47   #3
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Good luck in rd 31 demon and the rest of ToF good to see another ally back in the game
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 23:50   #4
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Good luck ToF!

Which poor peons are selected as HC-team for R31?
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 00:44   #5
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Good luck ToF, it's been good working with you guys this round. Have a great round!
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 01:46   #6
snuffy
crowbarhunter

can somebody adjust Membrivio's medication pls?
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 09:28   #7
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck ToF
Great ally to be in and I enjoyed my rounds there very much

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 09:48   #8
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

welcome back, and good luck!
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 09:55   #9
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Demon i love you!!!!!!!
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 16:21   #10
Sjimmy
dutch tard

Sjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

DemonatrX <3
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 01:54   #11
DemonatrX
Not Your Ordinary Demon

DemonatrX is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the good vibes guys. HK I love you too !!
Sjimmy, it's always good to see your name m8. Stop by #tof sometime

R13 [N00b] :: R14 [Reunion] :: R15-R18 [ToF(DC)] :: R19-R20 [N/A] :: R21-R28 [ToF(HC)] :: R29-R30 [ROCK(DC)]
R31 [ToF(HC)] :: R32-35 [NA] :: R36[ND(DC)] :: R37+ [EVO(DC)] :: R38 [ND(DC)] :: R39+ [ToF(HC)]
DemonatrX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 18:24   #12
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

i might apply

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 19:00   #13
Imperio
[CLK]
Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion

Imperio is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck ToF !
TFD - Member [R. 8-11]
SiN - Member [R. 13]
nDo - HC [R. 14-19]
Heroic - Member [R. 20]
SPQR - Member [R. 21]
TFD - Member [R. 22]
Destiny - Member [R. 23]
Conspiracy Theory - Member / Officer / HC [R. 24-38]
Retired [R.39-62]
n00b [R.63]
Imperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 19:15   #14
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Woohoo! Get ready for friendly fire and suicidefleets!
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 23:53   #15
DeadOps
Forever VisioN

DeadOps is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck Demon
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 23:56   #16
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
You're not even playing. Go away.
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 02:19   #17
burgess
ePNS HC

burgess has a spectacular aura aboutburgess has a spectacular aura aboutburgess has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
We do that on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
Which poor peons are selected as HC-team for R31?
The first 75 accepted applications are all HC; I promise.

Last edited by burgess; 8 Apr 2009 at 02:27. Reason: Wondering if it would add my signature ex post facto.
burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 07:20   #18
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stop trying so hard to be funny caus you fail at it

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 18:44   #19
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I think I might return to ToF. ONLY IF PATHOGEN PLAYS THOUGH.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 08:27   #20
burgess
ePNS HC

burgess has a spectacular aura aboutburgess has a spectacular aura aboutburgess has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
I think I might return to ToF. ONLY IF PATHOGEN PLAYS THOUGH.
He is.
"Three days after the event the users of LambdaMOO arranged an online meeting"... "to discuss what should be done about Mr. Bungle. The meeting lasted approximately two hours and forty-five minutes, but no conclusive decisions were made."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_in_Cyberspace

"This latest incident comes in the wake of a February episode in which an ambulating chatbot device created at Caltech was programmed to repeat the phrase "I am a faggot" while locomoting across campus."
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 00:46   #21
Sjimmy
dutch tard

Sjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonatrX View Post
Thanks for all the good vibes guys. HK I love you too !!
Sjimmy, it's always good to see your name m8. Stop by #tof sometime
maybe i will

gl with ToF mate
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 11:41   #22
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

i wish you luck, but techincally the title implied you were just returning, didnt u return last round or this round?

good luck though!

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 11:35   #23
burgess
ePNS HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
didnt u return last round or this round?
We played with the idea during R30 signups, and decided not to. We've gotten a better response this time, we're better prepared, and decided we'd play regardless, "100 players or 10".

Good luck to you all, too.
"Three days after the event the users of LambdaMOO arranged an online meeting"... "to discuss what should be done about Mr. Bungle. The meeting lasted approximately two hours and forty-five minutes, but no conclusive decisions were made."

"This latest incident comes in the wake of a February episode in which an ambulating chatbot device created at Caltech was programmed to repeat the phrase "I am a faggot" while locomoting across campus."
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 14:07   #24
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I refuse to join until I actually see Pathogen in #tof

:<
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 15:42   #25
TaucRedFox
BERZERKAR!

TaucRedFox is on a distinguished road

Welcome back ToF!

ROCK wishes you all the best in Round 31.
Unread 12 Apr 2009, 19:44   #26
burgess
ePNS HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crantor View Post
I wonder just how willing and tolerant you would be to new or up and coming players who haven't blossomed into great players.
Depends upon how consistently badly they play. Mistakes are clearly distinct from sucking at a game. We're reasonably tolerant, and we never fight with our members over failed strategy or tactics.

Personally, I get along with the noobs better than I do the "elite" "old-timers". PA noobs lead more interesting lives, and enjoy honestly human conversation.

Quote:
Indeed it takes a lot of work and long hours.
We help, we don't hand-hold. Actually, Pathogen holds hands and skips with his boy-toys, but he isn't much help to anyone otherwise.

Quote:
It does present a particular problem if the core of that knowledge is based in Europe. Due to the time difference new members from the USA might find it harder to get the mentoring they want or need.
Our core isn't based in Europe. We're international; Demon is in New York, I'm in Kentucky, Pathogen's in UK, snuffy is in Norway. The entire alliance is spread out like that.

Unread 15 Apr 2009, 23:44   #27
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

If you join ToF you can claim a free s3xy dance off Zeyi.
Unread 21 Apr 2009, 10:14   #28
max_vix
ViX

max_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Good god - 4 years later, and you still won't let it go
Unread 21 Apr 2009, 10:15   #29
max_vix
ViX

max_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these partsmax_vix is infamous around these parts

Good luck ToF - good to see you are still around, hope you continue to do well. Been a long time since I played now
Unread 21 Apr 2009, 10:21   #30
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_vix View Post
Good luck ToF - good to see you are still around, hope you continue to do well. Been a long time since I played now
VIX!
I thought you were dead man!

Unread 21 Apr 2009, 10:26   #31
max_vix
ViX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
VIX!
I thought you were dead man!
lol, not quite. I still like to poke about and see what ToF are upto. I remember you well though mate - was even reading my farewell thread ( http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?p=2921237 ) and see you were the last to post You were 1:10:5 back in round 13, my favourite round!

I still like to hope one day I may have time to come back, we shall see!
Unread 21 Apr 2009, 10:35   #32
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_vix View Post
lol, not quite. I still like to poke about and see what ToF are upto. I remember you well though mate - was even reading my farewell thread ( http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?p=2921237 ) and see you were the last to post You were 1:10:5 back in round 13, my favourite round!

I still like to hope one day I may have time to come back, we shall see!
LOL, I don't even remember my coords from round 13 (or any other round)

PS: come back to pa m8, you don't need shitloads of time to play anymore

Unread 21 Apr 2009, 23:47   #33
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

gl tof

oly still around?

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 17:21   #34
burgess
ePNS HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle View Post
oly still around?
He's in hiding, since last year.

Unread 23 Apr 2009, 17:30   #35
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

good luck ToF you have pathy, so you will do awesome

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 08:27   #36
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Good to see ToF back, always a fun alliance to have around

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2009, 19:15   #37
snuffy
crowbarhunter

ur chokin me up.. lol... i really don't care, but it'd be a miss not to say that =)
Unread 28 May 2009, 00:10   #38
evilbaz
Wheres Wally?

evilbaz is on a distinguished road

O.o
Unread 28 May 2009, 19:06   #39
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

I'm afraid I started ToF's reputation for friendly fire. For that, I am enternally glee-full about attacking NoS. Wankers!