User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Feb 2006, 01:26   #1
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Poker] I'm actually ready to cry :(

Some of you in #forums will know that I'm giving online poker a go, it's been going alright.

I sat down at a NL table tonight and got dealt K-Q first hand, was fairly pleased with that so did a nice moderate bet, had a few callers so was looking comfortable.

The flop comes 9-J-10: flopped a straight, first hand. Awesome. Make a moderate bet again, a bit more than the previous one. A couple of folds but a couple of callers, seems alright to me.

The turn's a 6, there's no flush opportunities looking likely so this feels like a fairly sure thing. Doesn't it? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to actually playing, but I'm not that dumb. I make a fairly big bet and get called by two people. Lovely, should be tripling my chip stack any minute now once I go all-in on the river.

The river's a 10. I was vaguely amused by the board pairing, but it's out of my hand now. I hadn't had a chance to read anyone, no idea what anyone else had since I was too busy going OMG STRAIGHT STRAIGHT STRAIGHT. I get raised all-in, but guess at someone holding two-pair. I'm not folding now.

So, we go and turn the cards over. He turns over 10-6, the ships shuffle off towards his stack and my gathered housemates piss themselves laughing.

A FULL. ****ING. HOUSE.
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 01:30   #2
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Poker] I'm actually ready to cry :(

you have to be gutted by that
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 01:52   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if you get dealt a straight on laddies first hand you sit down too its almost guaranteed to get beaten.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 02:56   #4
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

you could have raised a lot early, he wouldnt have followed you with only a pair of tens :/

then again you wouldnt have won a lot when you did win

so much for my advice

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 03:11   #5
Chunderbunny

Chunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond reputeChunderbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard
you could have raised a lot early, he wouldnt have followed you with only a pair of tens :/

then again you wouldnt have won a lot when you did win

so much for my advice
Yeah, often its good to bet hard with powerful cards when theres many people at the table. There effectiveness if often reduced somewhat (I always bet very hard with AA pre-flop if theres 7 or more other players at the table).

Sucks man, bite your lip and carry on. A bad beat is all. Just don't tilt from it
Chunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2006, 03:20   #6
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about

i dont know how to play poker
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 01:01   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When you flop the nuts in online poker it's a challenge to the internet to see how amusingly you can get outdrawn this time.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 01:45   #8
Fyodor
Behe

Fyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant futureFyodor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I sat down at a NL table tonight and got dealt K-Q first hand, was fairly pleased with that so did a nice moderate bet, had a few callers so was looking comfortable.

Depending on how much a "moderate bet" is he shouldnt have chased the flop with a 10-6 (offsuit?)

Thats the problem in low limit games, you get all the madmen.
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 05:15   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I remember right, my betting went:

Dealt K-Q, stacks are 25. I bet 4. Four callers.

Flop comes 9-J-10, I bet 5. Three callers.

Turn comes 6, I bet 10. Two callers.

River comes as a 10, I get raised all in (another 6). I go all-in...and I guess we all know what happened next
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 07:49   #10
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

as long as you decide to bring people with you on straights/flushes you're always going to loose some of them, leaning to deal with it is important.

The thing that makes it worse, is that at bad tables just folding when they look like they hit something and starting playing counter-agressive isn't an option, because there are so many nutjobs doing nutjob stuff that calling is next to always the right play
Unread 10 Feb 2006, 08:22   #11
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
So, we go and turn the cards over. He turns over 10-6, the ships shuffle off towards his stack and my gathered housemates piss themselves laughing.

A FULL. ****ING. HOUSE.
you play pa too much