User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Feb 2006, 23:48   #1
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
BP non-exile

i'm aware one of the leading reasons for why some people chose random over BP was because they were unable to self-exile, however people are now realising that you're also unable to exile yourselves. Personally I am one of them.

In short, if you were shuffled into X:Y:Z that's where you will stay all round. No way around it.

Now this creates a dilemna. You've said that there will be no BP exiles, and have thus created a base 5 for every galaxy. The remaining randoms will be exiled and pushed around galaxies until they get lucky and put in an active group of 5. This is a leading reason why it is unfair on the random noobies - because more now than ever - you have created a need for the 5man BPs to get the best randoms they can find meaning new players don't have a chance to grow.

Onto the private front... I've seen examples of BPs and thusly galaxies, failing because of a domino effect, such as WuMing's galaxy. One quit, the next quits, the remaining two or three decide it's not worth it and go inactive. I don't see how this is fair to those two or three actives who are forced to stay in x:y:z just because they commited themselves to the 4 players. Sure, you needed to be confident your BP members would be there for you, but when a couple leave it is immensely crippling.

I also want to bring to attnetion the evil manipulations caused on one of my friends who joined a BP full of fake-nickers/multis, who were purposely inactive to trap my player in an inactive galaxy. Such tactics are sickening, and yet there is no reprive for such incidents.

What I'm suggesting are three solutions:

1) we remove the BP exile feature alltogether - this should enable GOOD quality players who know the game to continue playing this round. I'm aware you need to keep getting new players in, but please do not forget the old players. It also means that for the first 200 ticks these players who have had a hard time, have (imo) been punnished enough, and deserve to be 'freed'. This will also mean other groups will get an influx of better players via exile.

2) weallow BP members to be exiled by the galaxy - this scenario would solve the problem of two or three going inactive and screwing the rest of the galaxy completely, but it also incorporates the need to get them to comply in the exile process. i.e. even tho they quit, they can avoid being totally heartless by logging in one last time to exile their BP mates who actually do intend to keep playing - alternatively those active ones then have the option to exile their 'dead-weight' BP mates, and hope to fill their galaxy up better.

3) you ignore me and flame me - being callous and mean-spirited with remarks such as 'you should be more careful who u packed with' whilst refusing to acknowledge the general logic behind the points I made above which trap BP members (usually the more experienced PA players who we need to keep happy) into a non-fun round, early-to-quit-round-end, and possibly leaving the game altogether.

Please seriously consider this thread

tuxed0

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 23:51   #2
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future
Re: BP non-exile

i do support this

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 23:58   #3
Hugin
Ministry

Hugin is on a distinguished road

Very good suggestion tux, I've heard of a few incidents where players would like a ability like this.

It is very handy to have the 'self exile' option as a backup plan for a enjoyable round.
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 00:22   #4
Flying Monkey
mokes

Flying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura about

I agree with this too. Its unfair to punish people who want to play active but can't because they made 1 mistake in choosing their buddies.

Rd 13-16
Veneratio | VGN | Subh
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 00:37   #5
Supersander
'cause sex isn't enough

Supersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura aboutSupersander has a spectacular aura about

I would love the Option 3 tbh, but sadly option 1 has a point
Supersander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 00:38   #6
Flying Monkey
mokes

Flying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura aboutFlying Monkey has a spectacular aura about

Also I thought this non exiling from bps was supposed to make sure that every gal had a core of about 5 players. Thats not happening as I'm seeing alot of dead gals around where it looks like the bp members have stopped playing.

Maybe this would work better next round when the round will be paid again as its usually the more experienced people who pay and form buddy packs then (I'm guessing)

Rd 13-16
Veneratio | VGN | Subh
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 00:45   #7
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future

true mokes, it might have been a good idea in theory, but it's killing those players who exile into those sorts of galaxies also. Honeslty, I truely believe this should be implemented asap to stop players quitting in frustration and keep this round alive for those it's had an adverse affect on

tuxed0

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 00:52   #8
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

I just found another quote on the PD thread related to this which sums up the situation pretty well, and Kargool's comment is a good one to acknowledge....
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=189569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Please please please PA crew reconsider the exiling rules. People are quitting the game because of it as we speak. The system is good for thoose who are active alot and have time to build a good galaxy, but the casual players dont have the dedicated time to make that kind of obligation.

Unread 3 Feb 2006, 22:17   #9
Sphyrna

Sphyrna is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to ask admins to close my account and restart in tick 146 due to this stupid rule. Now enjoying ranking 2300 or so and 50 ticks left of protection.

This has to change for next round and we should get back private gals with maybe some limitations in number of galmembers.

Drop the stupid concept of Buddypacks

Sphyrna
Sphyrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2006, 23:57   #10
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

agreeing 100% here, option 1 or 2 will do fine by me.
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 07:52   #11
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyrna
I had to ask admins to close my account and restart in tick 146 due to this stupid rule. Now enjoying ranking 2300 or so and 50 ticks left of protection.
this is ridiculous i feel so sorry for u Sphy <3
something seriously needs to be done and fast

Unread 4 Feb 2006, 11:01   #12
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphyrna

This has to change for next round and we should get back private gals with maybe some limitations in number of galmembers.

Drop the stupid concept of Buddypacks

Sphyrna
Out of interest, why did you join a rubbish BP?
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 11:32   #13
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Well thing is i agree with The Fish's question above. Mainly becuase i keep seeing people moan that if there in a BP they cant self exile, well to be honest i dont blame the Admins i blame you for picking a crap BP. You shoudnt team up with people you dont know or dont think will be active in the first place before then moaning there inactive. Think about that plz for all the people who cant exile due to being in a BP.You should of picked your pack more wisley

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 16:21   #14
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

Oh aye, if you selected a bad BP then it's your own fault, however it's not nice. The point i'm making here now though is that i love my BP, me + 1 good, active friend, no-one else. The problem we have is we can't exile other people who are in a BP. But like Appoco said in CH, it's unlikely that this rule will change untill the next round (thats not a direct quote btw). So i guess the people who aren't happy with the whole thing right now, which includes myself, are just going to have to grit their teeth and bare it. :|
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 16:39   #15
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

I doubt you're at a stage where all your randoms are fully active, so you have no need to exile BP members. And if you have, then your gal is plenty active enough.
Unread 4 Feb 2006, 22:11   #16
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This is my situation, as a random. I came into a galaxy with a few very good people (returning and new) and was happy happy. The BP that the galaxy was built around was, however, pretty shite. And now we are stuck with 4 inactives we can't exile. This is not a problem for ME, per se. I got a alliance that covers, I can selfexile and I can get the galaxy to exile me (Luckily, we managed to get the GC position away from the ones who just dissapeared)
But why destroy a good galaxy like that? We have a nice atmosphere, not paranoia.
I think option 2 is best, but this might also be unfair. As with the alliance limit, changing stuff midround can unbalance the ones who are really comitted. I'm not really sure what I think about this, but it would at least give me a easier round (i hate being a drifter, as I have been almost every round i played after pax)
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote