User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Feb 2005, 00:17   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
hey

Hey Guys...

Miss me?

I've just got my new router, and spend an hour naked, re-wiring the house, now I'm back online with my new shiny machine.

Time to make some noise!
:)
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 00:23   #2
MrPedantic
Banned

MrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to behold
Re: hey

you expect people to say "Yes"?

Sorry but you`re not that important to me
MrPedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 00:52   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Oh, the irony!
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 01:10   #4
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

routing cables naked is the 21st century way

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 09:33   #5
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but the electricity & bare skin combo never really appealed to me.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 16:11   #6
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds really dangerous to me.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 17:30   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
Call me an old fuddy-duddy, but the electricity & bare skin combo never really appealed to me.
There's hardly enough current running through UTP cables to give you an erection, let alone make your hair stand up in a big flash of light and cloud of smoke as demonstrated by many cartoons.
Unread 21 Feb 2005, 19:10   #8
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
There's hardly enough current running through UTP cables to give you an erection, let alone make your hair stand up in a big flash of light and cloud of smoke as demonstrated by many cartoons.
There is if your LAN cables go through a wall where your neighbour put some "high voltage" (something like 3 phase AC / rotary current, 360 volts or so) to power his washing machine.
Then the cable's shielding would draw the power by the mysterious ways of induction.
Or something.

Well, the result was quite the sparkling effect when trying to connect your LAN cable WITHOUT using gloves.

Also this house was so buggered, instead of the earth, a live line was connected to the radiator.
If you disconnected the power cable from your computer, the current would still come in there to the chassis via the monitor's power cable and then through the shielding of the VGA cable.
Unbelievable. Stupid. Dangerous.
But true.