User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 12:17   #1
melandron
Brain Overload

melandron is an unknown quantity at this point
Winsock

Ok i need to learn winsock within the next week or two, and was wondering if anyone had any good sources of material? any books/sites anyone would like to recomend, generally i go for the o'rilley books as i find them easy to pick up, but any personal experience would be good?
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 17:49   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Winsock

http://www.gametutorials.com/Tutoria...orking_Pg1.htm
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 20:51   #3
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Winsock

Depends on what you want to do with it, and with what language you're going to use it...
Maybe an OCX-Wrapper or a ready-made Delphi-Component would save you a lot of work, but on the other hand you might want to do it all on your own using the API...

Hm, MSDN would probably be a very good source.

Also, you might want to have a look into TCP and UDP (the RFCs that would be) to understand what you're using...