User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Sep 2004, 20:51   #1
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If It ain't broke, break it anyway

Hands up who saw this coming.....

hahahaha (etc)

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 21:01   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: If It ain't broke, break it anyway

Quote:
SP2 also makes changes to the core of XP to close some of the coding loopholes exploited by many malicious programs and programmers.
Here's probably your problem. Dirty coders using loopholes in Windows.
If it wasn't for the fact that a lot of Microsofts own applications fail it wouldn't really have been Microsofts fault.
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 21:46   #3
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: If It ain't broke, break it anyway

After I read that Microsoft included special compatibility-code to make applications like "SimCity" work under Windows 95, that let's them use unsupported or buggy code, my respect for their strategy grew significantly. (you know, the chicken-egg-problem of OSs and apps).

Anyway, sooner or later the time had to come for changes to be made that DON'T keep compatibility all the time...
I for myself will wait 3 more weeks or so until upgrading.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:10   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think I will stick to Windows 2000 just that little bit longer.........

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:17   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Apparently Flight Sim version something has been broken.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:30   #6
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

2004 a Century Of Flight. It works fine on Windows 2000

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:42   #7
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

What is it with Windows and updates. I'm a little more cautious of them nowadays. A few processes in Windows have been causing up some stirring - ie: the official response to certain system critical processes aren't the same as what some system analysts believe from their investigating into the net packets they send out etc.

Anyway, I installed the Beta version of SP2 when it was released a very long time ago. After having the security pop-up, it scanned my system and stated there was NO firewall or anti-virus installed (the fag didn't spot I had Zonealarm up and Kaspersky installed). The problem was though, Style XP refused to work, Tweak-XP refused to work as did this other styling program I had for my OS due to SP2 - so I uninstalled it.

My PC is already broke (dial-up lol) so installing SP2 makes no sense to me - 276MB ... pft... for what (I did this before with the Beta as previously mentioned) - a box to tell me I'm not protected? Oooo the cheek.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 05:29   #8
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I clicked it, on impulse...

Downloading Windows XP Service Pack 2 (update 1 of 1)

75mb and if it rejects my 'not entirely legal' key (like SP1 did) then I'm buggered.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 05:30   #9
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I was running the beta without any hassles and am currently running the final release without any hassles either. Nothing is broken, nothing wont run and if anything my computer is far more secure than it ever was before
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 07:15   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If it makes my WinXP compatible with Transport Tycoon Deluxe without having to use crappy compatibility modes, and lets me run it in a window, its all good!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 09:44   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm waiting for the localized version as I don't want to suddenly have a hybrid Dutch-English Operating System which asks me "of ik mijn computer would like to reboot? Yes/Nee."
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 09:45   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

eh kura ?
ttdx works fine on xp

my version does anyway.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 09:59   #13
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
If it aint broke, break it anyway
Clearly XP had more holes than a backpackers socks, it was 'broken' and needed to be patched up quickly.
I'm running a fresh installl of XP with SP2 and everything works fine.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 10:30   #14
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I clicked it, on impulse...

Downloading Windows XP Service Pack 2 (update 1 of 1)

75mb and if it rejects my 'not entirely legal' key (like SP1 did) then I'm buggered.
did it work? (just wondering if i should download or not)
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 10:45   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I have been using the beta for a a while, the only problem I had was that eve-online wouldn;t work properly unless in compatibility mode. Will probbaly do a fresh install of windows with SP2 slip streamed next week some time

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 12:03   #16
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
If it makes my WinXP compatible with Transport Tycoon Deluxe without having to use crappy compatibility modes, and lets me run it in a window, its all good!

Go Here

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 17:13   #17
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
did it work? (just wondering if i should download or not)
Seems to be ok, no key check which is nice. Very slow install which halted when it couldn't copy a file that was exactly where it should be, turns out that was due to alcohol 120%.

If anything major goes wrong, I'll update.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 17:23   #18
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
Seems to be ok, no key check which is nice. Very slow install which halted when it couldn't copy a file that was exactly where it should be, turns out that was due to alcohol 120%.

If anything major goes wrong, I'll update.
It wouldnt copy one of my files when i downloaded it :S

But it was only a few days ago I installed it and no big problems yet....
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote