User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 18 Jan 2006, 05:54   #1
Dictator2

Dictator2 can only hope to improve
ETAs & groups

Hmm, I am sure this has been proposed before, I tried to do ALL of my homework but I got bored after 30 mins reading old treads. So, i'll be as clear as possible.

Battlegroups :: -3 eta for defending allies :: groups of up to 10 players

Alliances :: -2 eta for defending allies :: groups of up to 50 players (up to 10 battlegroups)

Blocks :: -1 eta for defending block-allies :: groups of up to 500 players (up to 10 alliances)

Comments:

1. I know some players hate blocks. However we must admit that they do happen, and I think is healthier to incorporate them to the game rather than fight them. The truth is that political intrigues are common in this game, hell, is one of the many things that makes this game great, even educational.
2. If we do this for blocks, well, it stands to reason alliances should have a bonus, just to keep the communities going/functioning as they are doing now.
3. Adding battlegroups for "groupings" have always been my desire. I don't want to mention names, but lets just say we could all brag, or hope to brag, a bit more if this, like blocks, are made integral part of the game and not just "role-playing".
4. About the #s I have suggested they really are ramdom, first thing that came to my head. In my opinion good numbers for NOW; but as we old players know, our memberbase changes with time and so should our "groupings".

Now, feel free to eat me alive, I already put lotsa of salt on me and turned the heater On (i live in Miami)
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:01   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: ETAs & groups

im against this
if you make it rediculously easy to defend, you make it harder to attack.
consequently the game becomes a matter of 'launch-recall' , or extreme bashing - neither of which are productive

The eta should stay at -1 for alliances ONLY, battlegroups should certainly not get an additional advantage and dont even get me started on how rediculous an idea it is to hardcode blocks.

repeat after me
BLOCKS ARE BAD FOR THE GAME
BLOCKS ARE BAD FOR THE PLAYERS
BLOCKS ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF COWARDICE
BLOCKS SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED
BLOCKS WILL NOT BE SUGGESTED AGAIN

ok?
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:11   #3
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Blocks Are Bad M'kay

to hard code the game to support different forms of blocks would be completely rediculous... it's bad enough now putting up with blocks because alliance commands don't have the stones to go at an enemy 1 v 1
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:16   #4
Dictator2

well, the game at the moment is all about bashing a whole gal, usually done by the TOP 10 alliances, and usually ther is little send and recall, etc. Pretty boring if u ask me. There is really little dynamics, altho I do agree, it is extremely easy to attack this way and it will be much harder with my idea; and now is pretty hard to defend (especially for ALL and ANY alliance not in the top 10).

But, in any case, why do you believe would it be 'ridiculously easy' to defend? maybe for 1up or Exilition or ND or whatever up ther... I agree, since they WILL always have people online and experienced DCs, etc... but since alliance will be on average 50-70 people... the top 10 allies will hold what 700, lets say 1000, ther is still 2000 players (atm, if we say we have a 3k memberbase [paid/unpaid]) who are not in this situation.

Besides, with such a system in place, it stands to reason blocks/alliances/battlegroups will BE REQUIRED to use more attack fleets, and thus, the available # of defending fleets will likewise be decreased, etc.

You really have given no reason whatsoever about you opposing "battlegroups" as part of the game, not just an IRC thing; but you confidently use "should certainly not"... why not?

About the block and harcode, I knew it was comming from the first post... but not in a such simple reply, I honestly DON'T see how it is "ridiculous"; quite the contrary, I think was the best of the whole idea. It just taking a leap. Making a cancer become the anti-dote for other ailments (i.e. smaller alliances)

Hey guys, and take it easy, I know im prolly wrong, Im pretty sure u Phil have played longer than I and have a better idea of what has happened to the game. U angryduck have not, but I know u are a hardcore player, so I welcome your opinions as well. Anyways, I do appreciate the prompt response, and again, I knew it was comming.

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 07:11.
Dictator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:20   #5
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

you think you have a hard time getting through on organized alliances now? try hitting my alliance when I can -3 10 guys and -2 the rest... you'd never land
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:22   #6
Dictator2

no, Angry, quite the opposite, is pretty easy to attack atm.Pretty brainless as well, when you have played a few years, like I have. Thats what I meant to say. But again this hold true for 1up, etc Or very good/dedicated players, etc

BIG alliances will always be in a better position to defend... but not 2/3rds of the players (integrated battlegroups could change this fact a bit)

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 07:14.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:25   #7
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the best defence is a strong offense. If you attack when you cant cover an incoming to regain any lost roids - you may end up getting more then you lost PLUS the XP on top of that means you are in a better situation then before.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:32   #8
Dictator2

Thats my own philosophy, and thats how I play PA, and will most likely keep playing since we have made defending almost pointless when it comes to score, so it ends up being most of the times just a waste of time to repel a single attacker, since it is expected (at least most of the times) they will recall as soon as they see the green(s)...

Now, in my opinion (at this time at nite and with 3 sleeping pills on me, since ticks are not running) make it easier to defend, you have to make sure people get their act together, collaborate more, etc in order to see their attacks NOT easily countered. Less roids per landing per person, maybe, but who care, it would be the same for all of us. Now u find a player without an alliance, a "solo" player... then it stands to reason you should be able to tackle him with a "solo" attack, right?

Phil, please dont give me PA 101, cmm m8. And no, I am afraid is not that simple, since those people attacking me will most likely be top 100 players or HUGE Ziks (im talking about me personally) so to attack them is to expect DEFENSE for sure, so it can not be done that "easily". And if they are not, then my attack will not be that profitable, since it will mean "most likely" I will be attacking a smaller player with FAR fewer roids than what I got (again, talking about myself).
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:39   #9
Dictator2

Also, it is not a small number of players who are starting to realize that the dynamics of the game, at this moment, encourages "not defending often" and MANY are forming battlegroups (especially for teh free round) and will try to solely play attacking... now, u have VERY GOOD players playing this tactics and then the VAST mayority of the players being eaten alive any time the get too much fleet/roids.

IS simply not fair, in my opinion.

In any case, please, please, understand im not trying to say im right or you are wrong, I simply don't think ATM we have the best set up for the #s we have.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 06:53   #10
Dictator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
repeat after me

ok?

Now Phil, about your edit on Blocks above... I agree thats the definition of Blocks (at the moment)... BUT when Jesus first spoke he was labeled a blasphemer and corrupter of his society and well, eventually cruxified, but the notion of "Jesus" changed with time, along with his influence in society, and altho is debatable, at least we can ALL agree that perception of this man has dramatically changed since he lived... My point being that something 'perceived ' as bad in the past not necesarily has to be bad in the future (or for that matter, viceversa).
One thing I do not agree 100% is on the cowardice issue... you cannot call politicians cowards (altho most are), and you cannot assume "all" HCs have "always" try to abuse the "block concept". Quite the opposite I would think, in most cases (altho not all, I agree). I think most blocks arise out of the "logical conclusion" that by themselves they don't have a shot at the first place because of whatever reason (i.e. FURY, 1up, etc) so, if u make it part of the game, at least you can "regulate it" until a habit has been created in the community and eventually "control it" once it becomes the 'norm' (just like we do with alliances).

Please, give it a a thought, and come back.

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 06:58.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:05   #11
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator2
Now Phil, about your edit on Blocks above... I agree thats the definition of Blocks (at the moment)... BUT when Jesus first spoke he was labeled a blasphemer and corrupter of his society and well, eventually cruxified, but the notion of "Jesus" changed with time, along with his influence in society, and altho is debatable, at least we can ALL agree that perception of this man has dramatically changed since he lived... My point being that something 'perceived ' as bad in the past not necesarily has to be bad in the future (or for that matter, viceversa).
One thing I do not agree 100% is on the cowardice issue... you cannot call politicians cowards (altho most are), and you cannot assume "all" HCs have "always" try to abuse the "block concept". Quite the opposite I would think, in most cases (altho not all, I agree). I think most blocks arise out of the "logical conclusion" that by themselves they don't have a shot at the first place because of whatever reason (i.e. FURY, 1up, etc) so, if u make it part of the game, at least you can "regulate it" until a habit has been created in the community and eventually "control it" once it becomes the 'norm' (just like we do with alliances).

Please, give it a a thought, and come back.
that makes about as much sense as the chewbacca defence.

Blocks should not be regulated as they shouldnt exist in the first place - period.
There is no decent reason for having them when alliances are as close together in the rankings as they are nowadays.
Back when they were created it was so that others could rival the big alliances like fury and legion who just ran away with the round due to exponential growth. Since that has been lessened through roid mining limits, XP and bash limits - this is a much more unlikely scenario

as i said before, blocks are a direct result of cowardice in todays planetarion - nothing more
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:09   #12
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Phil makes a good point, blocks were originally created to deal with alliances that were 3-4 hundred members strong, no need for em with 50 member caps
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:29   #13
Dictator2

And once again I disagree with you Phil. And although you are trying to ridicule me, I won't reply in kind.
Again, in my opinion, blocks have nothing to do with cowardice when you are a serious player, it has to do with the fact you don't want to join a big alliance and you don't want to fully merge with a smaller one. So, if you want a few players in your alliance to be able to grab top 100 positions, a very logical way to do so is to block and bash.

You tell me Angry, can Rock compete with 1up, 1 on 1? Can Gii compete? Can any other minor alliance compete for lets say, at least 10%-20% of its players in the top 100? I don't think so, and when it does happen it is likely due to either an oversight of Top Alliances' HC or some weird intrigue; and is simply not fair. I think Blocks/Alliances/Battlegroups would level the playing field a bit more, if only a little bit.
(and I say "only" because when u think about it, if it applies to all equally, it really shouln't change the dynamics "too" much)

One thing is that BIG alliances have a higher "average value/score/roids" count; it is another story that they should also claim 90% of the TOP 100 planets.

Again, top alliances will have the right to block as well, legally. IT WILL DEFENITEDLY enrich politics, since when done, it is not looked as a "sin" or reproachable tactic. Quite the contrary, it will reveal the "genius" of HCs.

Again, will be part of the game, coded, and again, that it was bad or that it is still a "bad concept" (certainly hated at least) DOES NOT mean it should remain like that.

And alliances will keep functioning individually, and blocks wont be doing to much defending, it will be mostly an alliance thing.

so, battlegroups:: attack
alliances:: defend
blocks:: create a more complex political map of the universe

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 07:46.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:37   #14
Dictator2

Quote:
There is no decent reason for having them when alliances are as close together in the rankings as they are nowadays.
yes ther is... that top 10 alliances are all about the same average value/score/roids is not reason enough to exclude members of minor alliances to a decent game & to a decent rank. More politics and more defense means that 15 players allied among themselves have a pretty good chance to ally as a group to another group, in the hope of improving their chances.

And likewise we are regulating "recruiting" we could regulate "blocking".

besides you are ignoring the fact, that alliances can always remain independent for a matter of pride or their own hidden agenda, free of ties, with more targets, etc... just like Switzerland in a world of allies and axis powers; or 3rd world countries in a bipolar Soviet-Capitalist geopolitical reality
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:38   #15
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

they have those abilities because they have commanders and members who have worked together over a long period of time, they have a fine tuned machine, and they know how to attack and defend to their greatest potential
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:44   #16
Dictator2

Im not arguing that Angry I do agree with you on that previous post
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:44   #17
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

I'll use ToF as an example, and ND.....

over time, they have fine tuned their procedures, they have worked out by trial and error what works best...... these alliances are different from your 1up's and eXi's... here's why

the 1up's and eXi's have formed with the intention of making immediate impact, they have recruited/invited top drawer players in order to have immediate success (in their infancy)

1up now is in it's 6th round I believe, it's a well oiled machine, they command has had that time to streamline their efforts and procedures, ofcourse they are more of a threat than ROCK (using ROCK because you threw them up as your example) because they built differently, ROCK has good players, as do most alliances, however, they have not built with top shelf talent, they have built through recruiting anyone over a period of time, and yet they still make a generally good showing.....

it's like the difference between a street thug who breaks into your house and steals your TV, and a cat burglar who surgically enters, leaves the TV, and takes the 4 million dollar painting...... with different class of players (hardcore consistant strong players vs average players) you will have that se3peration, and STILL those alliances (ND/LCH for example) compete
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:51   #18
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

blocks are not the answer.....coordination and solid consistant activity is the key to success
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:52   #19
Dictator2

Once again, I agree with you 101% on your 3 previous treads.

Nevertheless, I fail to see the relation to the original post. Trust me Angry, I know about alliances and their behavior/history, if only surface knowledge, at least I have a pretty good view of the big picture.
Again, I fail to see the relevance of your last 2 posts in reference to the original idea. As Phil's observations/comments, they seem more like an attempt to explaini to me how PA/Alliances have been played/are played (a.k.a. the spirit of the game and its current nature).
I know the game. PLease, stop assuming I am a new player because I just signed up with this nick on the forums and u see I have very few posts/rep.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 07:55   #20
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

it applies in that, your suggestion would change the dynamic of the game, basing on a need for blocks as opposed to hard work and consistancy

(by the way, FYI, I've played PA since 3 weeks into round 1)

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 18 Jan 2006 at 07:57. Reason: spelling
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 08:05   #21
Dictator2

damn, really? My apologies then, I honestly not familiar with your nick.

And finally, I have an answer that shuts me up, although it really doesn't... you are concerned with the current dynamics you claim, and you think blocks will dramatically affect "alliance" spirit or its run for ranking.

It won't happen, as you can still have 2 alliances from block 1, and 2 from block 3, and 1 from block 3, all holding the top 5 spots for alliances; and this will remain a product of their 1) player quality 2) THEIR HARD WORK AND CONSISTANCY, individually as they do now... the rest of their block-allies will remain minor alliances, below top 5, BECAUSE of the same reasons you have been mentioning.

Now, that Top alliances will remain the classical ones, does not mean that new doors are not opened for players in lower alliances, because while it might be true that minor alliances will remain minor, good players in minor alliances WILL have a better chance for individual ranking, which, at the same time, reflects on his/her alliance.

IN any case, I will be back tomorrow, will read everything and then will give it a thought with the light of a new day.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 08:11   #22
Dictator2

Basically, warfare is all about perception of groups, and great numbers can & SHOULD be managed as small numbers, deceitfully... Sun Tzu said something like that
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 09:05   #23
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

You're suggesting easier defense on targeted planets, and hard-coding blocks?

Are you out of your mind?!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 10:59   #24
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

Quote:
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 11:04   #25
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Wouldn't "hard-coding" blocks not just mean that 2 blocks will form a kick-ass-block to nullify block #3?

This suggestion is somewhat ... flawed ...
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 11:09   #26
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

if only he had played round 9... he would have never made these stupid things up :/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 11:31   #27
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher
if only he had played round 9... he would have never made these stupid things up :/
Or 10.5

or ...
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 12:18   #28
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

agreed with heartless and cypher

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 13:13   #29
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hehe, you'd assume phil^ is a catholic then because if he isn't then this story means shit all to him and he'll probably think it's a fairlytale

On topic, I strongly disagree here. ETA -3 for defence would mean for FI's's you'd be able to send defence at ETA 4. In your setup, I doubt anyone will ever land an attack. Atm, the only way to hit and roid a top alliance is by making sure they cannot cover everything. With the suggestion of BG ETA bonus and block ETA bonus, planets now can rely on far more defence apart from their own alliance and galaxy.

Also, mind you that a eta -3 bonus means they're more efficient in defence then your own galaxy ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 13:19   #30
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Hehe, you'd assume phil^ is a catholic then because if he isn't then this story means shit all to him and he'll probably think it's a fairlytale
as i said to him, it made less sense to me then the 'chewbacca defence'
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 13:32   #31
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as i said to him, it made less sense to me then the 'chewbacca defence'
quite discriminating towards the chewbacca race ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jan 2006, 13:47   #32
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
quite discriminating towards the chewbacca race ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_Defense

Quote:
Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does NOT MAKE SENSE! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does NOT MAKE SENSE! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does NOT MAKE SENSE! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 13:49   #33
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Southpark humour FTW

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jan 2006, 14:10   #34
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future
:(

'Oh my GOD, he's using the chewbacca defense!'
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 14:36   #35
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Any change to any ETA's i bad atm can really mess up the game playing with the eta's.
Only one ETA that I really want to see changed is the cluster eta.
Blocks are bad and giving into making them happy go lucky is just crazy, and I have been playing since round 2 ( as this thread seems to be about how long you have played to make a suggestion :/) and proper blocks is a damn killer of a game and anyone not in the block really looses interest pretty fast in the game.

Blocks are moral killers thats all.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:43   #36
Dictator2

hmm. I actually played most of r7-r12. (as I played most of other rounds, as I have played a few ******** ones with all their blockings & crap)

Anyways guys, the idea(s) is indeed flawed; simply cuz lets say two blocks could play together Vs the rest of the universe... However, when this comes to be the case... where would be the glory?? is kinda stupid to say: \0/ the 1000 of us won the round Vs \o/ the 50 or 200 of us won the round. So, yes, it is indeed flawed.

However, I think most of you are just covering your ears and screaming: la la la la la la la la!!! at the mere mention of "blocks"

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 17:57.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 17:59   #37
Dictator2

Now, about the ETAs, I also agree is flawed. But I think you are missing the point. I was not interested in the ETAs that much as I was about hard-coding these groups into the game (BGs and Blocks). And the numbers making up these groupings were also RAMDOM, I think Imade that clear above... so, again, its not like you are gonna have 300 people with ETA -3... the main source for defense will still be 'alliances'.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 18:27   #38
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

no to blocks. leave eta be.
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 18:29   #39
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

regardless of blocks/no blocks 500 is far far to big a number

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 18:40   #40
Dictator2

I aabsolutedly agree with you Kal, 500 is way to much, but like I said, numbers were ramdom AND we could regulate blocking as we do with recruiting this comming round. But let me add, that I thought of a large number precisely to avoid blocks of blocks... since I thought good players would not want their "glory" be stolen by their HCs "multi/super-blocking".

And about ETAs issue, maybe it would calm down people a bit, if blocks don't get any def bonus (and they are purely politics/attack power as to counter-balance the BG defense bonus) and is just -1 for allies (as it is now) and -2 for battlegroups; and instead of 10 players per BG, they could be made up of 5. Again, I made clear #s proposed originally were ramdom. I was/ I am more interested in the concept itself (groupings and ETAs) than on the #s that make up such a system. Of course we would have to tune it.

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 18:57.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 19:01   #41
Dictator2

Quote:
Also, mind you that a eta -3 bonus means they're more efficient in defence then your own galaxy ...
You see, this is the kind of objections I am happy with, not simply: No, blocks are bad, booo!!!

101% agreed with Kjel, I actually woke up this morning and realized 7-3 = 4 (pff, do'h) while smoking my 1st cig.

Look at my previous 2 posts, maybe this would be resolved by eliminating the block defense bonus and keeping alliances -1

Truth be told, blocks have happend and will keep happening for X reasons (from legitimate, to stupid, to plain cheating), so why not make them part of the game and "de-criminalize" them? As I posted elsewher:

Quote:
Its just a flawed believe, a false dogma preached by top players/alliances to keep minor ones weak and from becoming a threat.

Last edited by Dictator2; 18 Jan 2006 at 19:12.
Unread 18 Jan 2006, 20:25   #42
Heartless

Quote:
You see, this is the kind of objections I am happy with, not simply: No, blocks are bad, booo!!!

101% agreed with Kjel, I actually woke up this morning and realized 7-3 = 4 (pff, do'h) while smoking my 1st cig.

Look at my previous 2 posts, maybe this would be resolved by eliminating the block defense bonus and keeping alliances -1

Truth be told, blocks have happend and will keep happening for X reasons (from legitimate, to stupid, to plain cheating), so why not make them part of the game and "de-criminalize" them? As I posted elsewher:
I wouldn't say that the "blocks are bad" paradigma is one preached by top players / alliances to keep minor ones weak, nor do I think that this is the main reason why your idea isn't very welcome.

As you noticed yourself by now, the -3 eta is too much, -2 is maximum and that would mean either no battlegroups or no blocks, as one of them wouldn't get an ETA reduction. I dislike largening up to a thing like a "block" for the sole reason of rendering alliance memberlimits useless, you simply recruit as many people as you want to and group them in different 'wing alliances'.

As for the battlegroup concept ... it might be worth a more indepth look, but then again we got buddypacks you can share with your battlegroup people, or alliances (or both) - admittedly there are certain trade-offs (f.e. all bg people in one bp would ensure your galaxy gets pretty high on hostile lists, while all in same alliance give you less eta bonus on defense), but that is perfectly ok. Additionally, battlegroups could also be abused for unterminating the alliance member limit, just create lots of bg's with people from a few different alliances and you can cross-defend in your 'block' (not as efficient as with having the block option, but still).

Personally I don't see the need for another cooperation option, nor the good stuff it could do.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 02:16   #43
Dictator2

'chewbacca defence' , that.
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 13:46   #44
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Ppl still kill ppl so why dont we make it legal then it wont be a problem.

Just coz ppl do something doesnt make it right and that we should embrace it.

Unread 19 Jan 2006, 17:51   #45
Dictator2

Actually, we have made it legal to kill people. At least it remains a fact in the U.S.; I know Europe is mostly anti-capital punishment, but it is not the case over here. So :P
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 18:06   #46
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
repeat after me
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 18:11   #47
Dictator2

Boring!!!!
Unread 19 Jan 2006, 19:49   #48
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Boring!!!!
not a very nice thing to say about your own thread.

Unread 20 Jan 2006, 00:45   #49
Dictator2

no, it was in reply to the previous post