User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 8 Nov 2005, 16:28   #1
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
Where someone is closed....

I made this post on the second page here and thought it was worth making an "offical" suggestion regarding it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
At the very least, if someone is closed the HC of the alliance should be informed straight away. Maybe a automatic ingame mail, a "ingame mail with custom reason" (similar to when someone is promoted in the ingame alliance or exiled) or the MH has an option to send a mail to the alliance.

I know there are some HCs who might just ignore it and think "oh well X better luck next time" but hopefully the majority would act on it.

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 16:33   #2
ChipZ^
Registered AbUser

ChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond reputeChipZ^ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where someone is closed....

Sounds like a good idea to me
ChipZ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 16:33   #3
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

amen.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 16:37   #4
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

So Stifler.. please tell me.. Why is this so important to you?

/me hides
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 16:38   #5
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

totally agreed

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 16:39   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio

/me hides
that doesnt make any sense,

its a suggestion to make the game better and make alliances "100% aware" if they have a possible cheat

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 8 Nov 2005, 16:40   #7
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
that doesnt make any sense,

its a suggestion to make the game better and make alliances "100% aware" if they have a possible cheat
I know, its a good idea
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 17:20   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

alliance HCs usually find out within a few hours of them being closed anyway since the person comes complaining and gets their HC to speak for them often.
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 19:12   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

The danger with telling alliances automatically is that they may kick a player before their appeal is heard by an mh

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 19:22   #10
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Then that is down to incompetent HC's.
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 19:41   #11
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
The danger with telling alliances automatically is that they may kick a player before their appeal is heard by an mh
people mentioned that in the AD thread i initially posted this in, they are discussing it in both

*goes post this link in other thread*

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Unread 8 Nov 2005, 19:42   #12
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Yes, thats what we said there 95% of HC would realise they have to talk to the member first rather then kick as soon as they get the message, they wont get "punished" for not kicking him as soon as they get the mail

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Last edited by Stifler; 8 Nov 2005 at 19:55.
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 19:50   #13
Stifler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA in the AD thread started in
I would, personally, support (as an alternative) the MH contacting the alliance (via in-game alliance mail) about a planet's status once the case has been finalized (after the inital closing, investigation, decision that the planet will not be re-opened, and has been marked for deletion).

Then again, I'd assume any semi-average alliance would notice once the member isn't able to defend or attack for an extended period of time.

-NitinA
There were 3 "options" in my suggestion. Two were auto messages, one of which you could give a custom message and the third was just allow the MH to message them.

This would probably be when the case is final.

I know the MH could use the "message alliance" function in the message screen, but providing them a quick link "Contact planets alliance HC" would just make things easier for the MH, hence more likely to remember to do it

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Last edited by Stifler; 8 Nov 2005 at 19:56.
Unread 8 Nov 2005, 20:07   #14
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

The idea is one that I certainly don't think is bad, but from my experience, when 1up members get closed, they tend to PM a 1up HC and explain the situation to us, not necessarily asking for support or similar, but just so we are aware of the situation. It is in the members best interests to do this anyway as if they are reopened, we have a reason to account for their lack of activity.

I reckon overall, it's probably something that should be in, I think HC not knowing could lead to a lot more problems down to activity and associated "viewing attacks but not launching therefore spy"assumptions than the HC finding out they are closed. I would hope that most people would inform their HC anyway as the chances as they'd find out pretty quick.
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 11:21   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't say we've ever had any problems, except where the multihunters have incorrectly identified our members as multis. Starlock and Ladybug both having their accounts suspended as an example. However, I think this is an excellent idea and would implement it asap
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 13:15   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio

/me hides
Imagine you're an alliance HC, how would you like to find out that one of your members has been closed/accused for cheating?

1: By an AD post, where your alliance gets pulled through the mud?
2: By pple pm'ing you on IRC, saying what a hypocrit you are cause you support cheaters (as if they know)?
3: By a multihunter who could give you an objective msg of who's getting closed and for what?

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2005, 13:16   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
well said!

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote