User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 16 Mar 2014, 19:05   #1
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Tick Planning for New Players.

I'm trying to find out if the 15 free roids for signing up and posting the GD thread is going to be a regular thing or just a 1 off before Posting / updating early game planning (or tick planing as I call it) the cost of initing 87 roids of each instead of 92 roids of each (300 roids in total after quests) saves 71750 of each resource as an example.

Just to get an idea of how you can start off there are some fairly common ones like Cath Corvettes eta rush (300 roids and have tt-3 for pt24-30 depending on government choice), rushing hulls 3 with and without using paid bonus on research. just as 2 examples.

Once the 15 roid question is answered i'll go into more detail.

if you are new / returning to Planetarion and are stuck ask away.
Unread 16 Mar 2014, 21:09   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Tick Planning for New Players.

Hi,
this was my idea to see if more people could be attracted onto the forums. if we get a few people posting, then I'll do it every round. so far, it might not happen again
Unread 16 Mar 2014, 21:11   #3
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

There's 5 days yet, give people a chance!
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2014, 21:37   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Hi,
this was my idea to see if more people could be attracted onto the forums. if we get a few people posting, then I'll do it every round. so far, it might not happen again
I would like to point out that most alliances haven't decided their alliance strategy yet... as you did say the 15 roids would be lost after reset.

Morale of story is keep the chin up

Edit- i'll do it for with and without the 15 roids and edit accordingly

Last edited by Paisley; 16 Mar 2014 at 22:08. Reason: edit added extra
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2014, 22:47   #5
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Other Suggestions for tickplan, imo particularly good for new players :
- cores rush + 100 roids with/without start-up bonus
- 200 roids + mix of cores and hulls
Unread 16 Mar 2014, 23:09   #6
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

You will gain the 15 roids after you reset as well, Paisley - it checks every tick for all posters.

"-script running every hour on the hour to allocate asteroids to those posting or resetting."
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2014, 23:12   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

ok great cheers for bring that to my attention I can say to folk to init 87 of each roid to finish 300 roids after quests and posting
Unread 17 Mar 2014, 04:31   #8
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
You will gain the 15 roids after you reset as well, Paisley - it checks every tick for all posters.

"-script running every hour on the hour to allocate asteroids to those posting or resetting."
The initial in-game notification stated that this would not be applied to resets, and I believe Appocomaster only confirmed the change on the forums.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2014, 10:36   #9
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
The initial in-game notification stated that this would not be applied to resets, and I believe Appocomaster only confirmed the change on the forums.
yeah originally I thought it would be difficult to cope with resets and stuff. then I made a super-cool script on Saturday to do all this roid allocating in a super awesome way.

So I confirmed that it handles resets on here and then sent that message around last night to confirm.

it also means it's a matter of 5 minutes to set it up next round, too.
Unread 18 Mar 2014, 20:07   #10
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Ok here it goes...

I would recommend you first find an alliance and match their alliance strategy if you haven't found an alliance refer to the below link

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=200325

Ok first of all is to Consider what type of set up you want to go.
The majority of players go for Value.

What value is consists of having Refineries and then later on Finance Centre to maximise value.
Some folk will do distorter building (dist whore) build military centres or rush covert ops I would recommend doing these when you have some experience but I'm not here to tell you how to play your own way.

Pick a race...
http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=races

You will have a start up bonus it consist of
80x The base research
70x The base construction

For example cathaar has 10000 research points and 6300 Construction Units.

There is a Paid Bonus if you Upgrade
http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=free

You can only pick... The extra resources or the extra Roids.
The Extra Research Points or Construction Units.

If you go for at pt 24 the resources and the research it works out as

Resource Bonus:
10000 + (24x4800) = 125200 of each resource
Research Point Bonus:
4000 + (24 * 24) = 4576 Research Points

I would recommend not using the paid bonus on pt 0 and allow it to mature for as long as possible if it is within your strategy.

Next step is to determine how many roids to init and choices in government and population.

Most folk tend to have 300 roids as a start up to get to 300 this round do the following...
Init 87 of each roid (on mining page)
In a new browser goto http://pirate.planetarion.com/register.php and sign up a new account for forums.
then go to http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...03#post3229303 and post your nick name as you did on registration. It wont come on straight away but will come on after the hour. ie post at 6:30pm on for 7pm etc.
This will give you 5 of each roid.
enable the quests on the overview page
Set government and population
Make an alliance and then leave it before round starts ticking

This will give you 100 of each Roid / 300 in total.
Some folk go 100, 200, 300 or 400+ roids when starting and have certain strategies in mind.
Unread 18 Mar 2014, 20:58   #11
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Is that for new players or just for experienced players??

I genuinely don't want to pick this apart because I know you have worked hard on it but if it's aimed at new/returning players then it needs a big overhaul.

I would suggest redrafting it and imagine your explaining the game to your missus youngest
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2014, 21:00   #12
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Im currently typing up examples of cath cruiser rush and corvette tt rush.
and how to tick plan this. But aye cheers for perspective Kai

But aye if anyone or any Mods wish to simplify it then I have no problems with it.
Unread 18 Mar 2014, 21:04   #13
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Im currently typing up examples of cath cruiser rush and corvette tt rush.
and how to tick plan this. But aye cheers for perspective Kai
I can give you some examples tomorrow morning when I'm on my laptop, can't be assed to go into detail on my mobile

Currently the main thing I would poke at is what a refinary etc, where do I find races base limits, and so on.

When I write guides and stuff for this game I pretend it's for bitcher... Or nelito

If you can explain why they are doing what you ask, it will sink in better
Unread 18 Mar 2014, 23:17   #14
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Planning on how to spend Your start up.
Was hoping that Light could update for famous spreadsheet or even the PA team could make a tick planner as an extra.

I'll pick for example cathaar and 2 possible starts which are often refered to Cruiser rush (using paid bonus) and Corvette eta rush on 300 roids. I'm Now saying if you are new do this but will explain how to tick plan

You have 10000 research points and 6300 construction Units.

Cruiser Rush.

Goto Start up Bonus and on

Research.

Use 1200 for HCT 1
Use 1600 for HCT 2 (you can now mine 300 roids without losses)
Use 2400 for Hulls 1
Use 4800 for Hulls 2
Start Hulls 3 research.

Construction

Use 5250 on crystal refineries. (7 refineries need this for crystal stagger for buying ships)
Use 1000 On heavy Factories. (2 Heavy Factories)
Queue 3rd heavy factory and can use the extra 50 con units or spend them.
Need a minium of 4 factories to get prod out for pt24.

Take into factors like Population and Government type.
see http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=formulae for the formulas.

Lets take Demo Cathaar on 50% pop on research, 25% on construction,25% mining with no res labs.

Current research output: 238 Research Points/tick
RP Output = base_output *(1+(%research_labs + population bonus + government bonus)/100)
Current construction output: 113 Construction Units/tick
Construction Output = base_output*(1+(government bonus+population bonus)/100)

Mining is
100 25,000 1,000 6,500 (25%) 32,500
100 25,000 8,700 8,425 (25%) 42,125
100 25,000 1,000 6,500 (25%) 32,500

after initing roids etc.

Metal 1,335,000 ish
Crystal 1,335,000 ish
Eonium 1,335,000 ish

At tick 24 it takes you to...

Metal 2,115,000 ish
Crystal 2,346,000 ish
Eonium 2,115,000 ish

(Might be about 10-15k of each less when you take off additional constructions/factories etc)
Should give a nice crystal stagger when buying cr ships for first attack.

when to pop the paid bonus for hulls 3.

7200 rp for hulls 3
238 rp a tick
30.2521 ---> 31 turns
7200 - (238 x 30turns) = 60 then 238-60 = 178 rp carries over to next research.

Buy the time you get cr built it will be in the day time.
So when to use the paid bonus?

Research Point Bonus:
4000 + 0 * 24 = 4000 Research Points

With a bit of trial and error ... On tick 13.
(Hulls 3 rp cost - paid bonus then devide by rp rate)
7200 - 4000 then /238 = 13.44 ---> round it to 13.

(hulls3 - turns x research rate) = used research points at tick 13
7200 - (13 x 238 = 3094) = 4106
(Paid bonus at pt13)
4000 + 13 * 24 = 4312
Take away difference.
4312 - 4106 = 206 r/p carries over to next research.

On tick 13 start Cr construction and go roach heavy.
will need 4 factories to get prod out before protection.

Corvette Eta Rush.

same roid count

Research

Use 1200 for HCT 1
Use 2400 for Hulls 1
Use 1600 for Jumpgate aka tt-1
Use 3200 for Warpgate aka tt-2

Construction
Use 5250 on crystal refineries. (7 refineries need this for crystal stagger for buying ships)
Use 1000 On light factories.. only need 2 light facts to start prod at pt 0 to get prod out.

to work out

For demo cath 50% pop and no res labs

Stargate research cost % Research Points/tick for planet.
4800 / 238 = 20.16 --> 21 ticks.

to work out another government work out the research rate as most folk tend to go corp goverment for maxium value growth.

For corp gov at 50% pop on research no research labs.

4800 / 171 = 28.07 --> 29 ticks

Build at least 2 med facts and keep paid bonus in reserve should you get hulls 3 incoming.

Last edited by Paisley; 18 Mar 2014 at 23:37.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2014, 02:00   #15
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

There's a lot of jargon but i love this post. Perhaps a glossary of terms or possibly writing out the abbreviation first would help. IE Heavy Cargo Transfers I (HCT I)
Unread 19 Mar 2014, 10:20   #16
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
There's a lot of jargon but i love this post. Perhaps a glossary of terms or possibly writing out the abbreviation first would help. IE Heavy Cargo Transfers I (HCT I)
I think that is probably the only issue with Paisley's posts. The method is sound and much appreciated by everyone but the language used is that of iRC veterans.
Unread 19 Mar 2014, 10:43   #17
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley;3229316

You have 10000 research points and 6300 construction Units.

Cruiser Rush.

Goto Start up Bonus and on

Research.

Use 1200 for HCT 1
Use 2400 for Hulls 1
Use 4800 for Hulls 2
Start Hulls 3 research.

Construction

Use 1000 On heavy Factories. (2 Heavy Factories)
Queue 3rd heavy factory and can use the extra 50 con units or spend them.
Need a minium of 4 factories to get prod out for pt24.

Take into factors like Population and Government type.
see [url
http://game.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=formulae[/url] for the formulas.

Lets take Demo Cathaar on 50% pop on research, 25% on construction,25% mining with no res labs.

Might sound better worded:

Towards the top of the page there will be the words 'CLICK HERE to allocate startup bonuses', Click the underlinded part. This will take you to a page where you can get a headstart on your research and construction. Different races are handed out different amounts of startup research and construction points depending on their base research and construction output figures. In this case Cathaar starts with 10000 research points and 6300 construction points.

For this tickplan you will need to allocate for Research:

-1200 reserach points to Heavy Cargo Transfer (HCT) I
-1600 research points to HCT II
-2400 research points to Fighter Hulls
-4800 research points to Frigate Hulls

Now scroll the page down and allocate Construction points:

-5250 construction points on 7 Crystal Refinaries (this create a higher Crystal income which is needed for Cathaar as their ships have a higher Crystal cost)
-1000 construction points on 2 Heavy Factories

Now because of some backwards game mechanics you will now need to go to the Construction Tab on the sidebar (left hand side with the default skin) and start a 3rd Heavy Factory and queue a 4th one. Now you can return to the startup bonuses and allocate the last 50 construction points to Heavy Factory.

Head to the Research tab on the sidebar and start Seige Weapons, also queue HCT III.

Next move to the Population page (again from the left sidebar on default skin).

Use the sliders (or input the figures on a mobile phone) to give yourself:

-25% on Mining
-50% on Research
-25% on Construction

Just above this is a smaller link to Governments. Click on this and set your Government as Democracy.
Unread 19 Mar 2014, 10:50   #18
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Aye I like it kai... only way I can think to beat it is Youtube type tutorial videos.
Unread 19 Mar 2014, 11:04   #19
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Aye I like it kai... only way I can think to beat it is Youtube type tutorial videos.
Actually thats a really good idea. You could make them quite quickly tbh, and change them round on round if needed.
Unread 19 Mar 2014, 11:24   #20
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, youtube videos would be the easiest I'd wager.
Unread 21 Mar 2014, 15:12   #21
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

For the last week or so that some experienced players aren't 100% sure what to do even following the above or taking the above method as a template for other set ups. so It Seems that it would easier for folk if either light could update her spreadsheet or I might suggest having a Tick simulator on planetarion suggestions.
Unread 30 May 2014, 16:00   #22
tobz

tobz is an unknown quantity at this point

tobz
tobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2014, 16:01   #23
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Unread 30 May 2014, 18:59   #24
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobz View Post
tobz
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showth...98#post3231898

try here if you after the 15 free roids
Unread 30 May 2014, 20:48   #25
NitbiT

NitbiT is an unknown quantity at this point

Good ideas, thanks for the effort
And I have a reason to get the free roids now