User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Jun 2006, 10:49   #1
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
the battle for no 1 gal spot

its getting down to the wire and with all the underhanded dealings going on it could go either way
my money is on 7:1 wining out in the end

Discuss

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 11:02   #2
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough
Re: the battle for no 1 gal spot

7:1 will win after they got their omen and insomnia gal mates to organise a raid on us this morning, whilest 1up hit non-planet NAPed people in our gal...

They dont deserve it, but at the end of the day theyve played the game within the rules (loose use of the word rules there).

Just a typical example of their underhand play; our 1up gal mates pick targets, their 1up members inform 7:1 gal mates of the targets and eta, cue pre-launched CR against FR...

They won it in the end yes, but to be #1 for 90% of the round, we're the true winners.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 11:23   #3
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJet
7:1 will win after they got their omen and insomnia gal mates to organise a raid on us this morning, whilest 1up hit non-planet NAPed people in our gal...

They dont deserve it, but at the end of the day theyve played the game within the rules (loose use of the word rules there).

Just a typical example of their underhand play; our 1up gal mates pick targets, their 1up members inform 7:1 gal mates of the targets and eta, cue pre-launched CR against FR...

They won it in the end yes, but to be #1 for 90% of the round, we're the true winners.
I could say im a real winner because my objective was to have a bit of fun.. but in reality the #1 planet beat me because he won "for real".. however, congratulations on a good game etc.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 11:35   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Haha, you're a loser.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 11:38   #5
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

There is nothing wrong with using your influence to get ppl to help you. If you cant outplay them, use politics to get what you want. I was also approached by the 1up ppl in 7:1 asking me to exile at the very last tick if it was that close at the end. I refused of course as I see that as crossing the line and it certainly wouldn’t be much of a win anyway.

Kudos should go to both galaxies, 10:9 for being the best roiding gal and 7:1 for doing what was needed to get a win in the end.

Last edited by Treveler; 8 Jun 2006 at 16:47.
Treveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 11:52   #6
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

16.9 is the winner for having 2 SilverAces and 1 Stoom!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 11:59   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think my galaxy is the winner because shut up I hate you.

I don't quite understand
Quote:
Are you saying 1up planets in 7.1 are handing over the attack details of 1up members in 10.9 to non-1up members in 7.1?
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:06   #8
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
16.9 is the winner for having 2 SilverAces and 1 Stoom!
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:14   #9
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
[21:14] []XXXXXXX> we make a FI attack
[21:14] []XXXXXXX> on some target
[21:14] []XXXXXXX> and my tick gets prelaunched FR and DE
[21:14] []XXXXXXX> from 7:1
[21:14] []XXXXXXX> -.-
[21:15] []XXXXXXX> elviz and sandvoid are in the raid
[21:15] []XXXXXXX> elviz and sandvoid are the 1up in 7:1
[21:15] []XXXXXXX> their tick gets through
[21:15] []XXXXXXX> my tick gets prelaunched def from their gal
Yep, JBG, although i got the type of ship wrong, its still the same principle.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:15   #10
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

oi u greek geek , where u been hidin

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:21   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm rather amused that you blanked out the names when there's four 1up in 10.9 and it's rather unlikely the zik, cath or terran were sending an FI raid. And your names are all on your gal picture with your alliances.

That said, if it's true it's naughty! Almost as naughty as stifler who tried to get tomkat to recall last round by telling him a fake gal status. A few weeks later tomkat had cancer. I think we all see what I mean here.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:24   #12
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
oi u greek geek , where u been hidin
Stoom kidnapped me and enslaved me in his gal :|
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:28   #13
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There are 3 1up in 10:9. The galbanner is outdated since last night.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:28   #14
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

in the end,.. i think your all weiners,..
if their all out attack you,.. just go and attack them back!! and get your alliances to attack them,... etc etc etc,....
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:34   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
There are 3 1up in 10:9. The galbanner is outdated since last night.
I know dear, but at the time of reference there were four.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 12:39   #16
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

I blanked it out cos he would probably throw a stroop or something, im sure you all know which of the 4 it is though (hint: the one that left... )
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 13:15   #17
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Im GC of 10:9, and I'm 1up, as you can see from my super elite banner that I made.

The only comment I have regarding 7:1 arranging def vs the 1up in my galaxy, is that I wasn't aware of it, although it may well be true in XelNagas case. If so, im apalled.

With regard to the comment that we had 4 1ups, our #16 (Treveler) and #17(neod) are both scanners and don't really figure on 1up's list of priorities at all, so now I may as well be on my own.

Treveler hadn't told me that he had been asked to exile, although he did tell me that he had been questioned by elviz as to why he was roiding so hard and helping 10:9 (why shouldn't he?!), and that really smacks of desperation.

Let me congratulate 7:1 for the win. Most of you will know the complex and difficult relationship that 1up and 1up planet NAPs have brought about between the top galaxies at the end of this round. It did effectively mean that we couldn't really get away with hitting 7:1 and they couldn't really get away with hitting us (directly). I would have loved a 1 on 1 battle between 10:9 and 7:1 this last week, but unfortunately that was simply not possible.

What disappoints me the most, though, is a complete lack of respect that elviz and Sandvold have shown for myself. They capitalised on any minor excuse to get Sids permission and use their influence and arrange 7 wave attacks on our planets (which should be recognised as capitalising on an opportunity). That I can live with. But last night, they saw that it was going to be very close at resource spend, and so arranged for a considerable number of large members from Omen, SiN, Angels, TGV, Insomnia and 1up to hit us this morning.

Rather than do what is honorable towards a fellow 1up galaxy (that has supported me as an untagged 1up most of the round), and race with us for the win, they have deliberately set out to take my galaxy down and thus ruin all the effort that a fellow 1up had personally put in, because they cannot hack losing and must win at any cost. They have no responsibility to the non 1up members of my galaxy, but it does show a complete lack of respect to the 1ups.

I must make it clear that I don't believe Sid has encouraged this behavour as I really don't think he cares about which galaxy wins. But it is a shame when a player of elviz' stature uses his influence and his friends to force a win against a fellow 1up galaxy, rather than playing it out straight. It really is a matter of who you know.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 13:30   #18
Clogg
SiNķng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I might point out that you landed on me, twice within a few days. So some 1up'er knew there was a grudge due to that. He approached me for his help. Since I'm too small to take you on solo (and you even needed your Subh galmate to attack me), I called in some help from some friends in SiN.

So it wasn't an alliance raid, it was for the score, raids and some personal vengeance.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 13:32   #19
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I am very saddened that people from TGV participated in this raid, please pm me coords for the TGV'ers who participated.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 13:34   #20
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg
I might point out that you landed on me, twice within a few days. So some 1up'er knew there was a grudge due to that. He approached me for his help. Since I'm too small to take you on solo (and you even needed your Subh galmate to attack me), I called in some help from some friends in SiN.

So it wasn't an alliance raid, it was for the score, raids and some personal vengeance.
Fair enough. An unfortunate side effect of 1up planet NAPs is that those who choose not to hoarde and fake spend, and instead actually build a fleet, currently have a choice of about 5 targets (due to bash). I hope 800k value was worth 600 roids at this point in the round.

But it does go to show. A 1up asked you to hit another 1up? I think that is kickable, is it not, Sid?
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 13:39   #21
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
The only comment I have regarding 7:1 arranging def vs the 1up in my galaxy, is that I wasn't aware of it, although it may well be true in XelNagas case. If so, im apalled.
There is no proof and no reason to believe this ever happened. The only thing I can say and said is that after prelaunching on an attack coordinated by elviz, I had prelaunched defense from 7:1 on my target just 5 minutes later.

For the rest, alexis pretty much said it all.

When I came back to this game, I was amazed by how well 1up was organised. They certainly are the best alliance in this game. What started to piss me off more and more, though, is that galaxy ranks are decided by your influence, by who you know and who you nap. I used to play with VisioN, where integrity and honor were first priority, even before winning. As such I couldn't identify with some parts of the way the game is played anymore.

The planet naps are a great move tactically and strategically, but all in all, they take the fun out of the game. 10:9 never wanted to nap 1up, since they are all stubborn egos (that should be something positive). But after some of our planets got target of the biggest 1up military effort we've had seen so far (all personally coordinated by elviz, no official raid/attack), and seeing 7:1 napped from the start, they decided to rather have us win with naps than them. So politics for the first time gave 7:1 an edge when 1up took a good chunk of our roids.

Then what happened today. Even though apparently the only planet with no official nap was told that he wouldn't be attacked anymore if he avoided 1up (which he then did), he got hit by 1up and we (all napped planets + 1up members) were told not to defend. Coincidentally, that happened at the same time where said planets from alexis' post hit us. And I got an angry mail by Sandvoid to not throw shit at him. Well, if it's not you, it'll have to be elviz, certainly you can't claim there is no one pulling strings behind that. So once again, politics, influence, who you know and who you can control played a key role in who would end #1 galaxy.

Now, I'm not saying they didn't deserve their victory. Sure they do. They played the game it's played nowadays, and they sure as hell deserve that victory. But I couldn't identify myself with that alliance or that game anymore, so I quit both yesterday. I doubt anyone will care, though. But at least, I know that I have integrity, and that our gal was certainly the ****ing greatest gal of the whole round, if not of all rounds, and I'm mainly talking about their characters and the fun we had, which in the end was unfortunately mostly ruined by politics.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 13:42   #22
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnaga
But at least, I know that I have integrity, and that our gal was certainly the ****ing greatest gal of the whole round, if not of all rounds
Its nothing special, trust me.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 13:50   #23
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

nice work alexis, win or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 13:59   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
They played the game [the way] it's played nowadays
r2 shipfarming, r3 donation whoring, r4 ingal farming, r5 out of gal farming, r6 pyramid farming, r7 deletion wars...

..."nowadays".

I am terribly amused by all this though.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:01   #25
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
r6 pyramid farming

r6 pyramid farming? :-)
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:04   #26
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

dammit i missed rounds 6-12,.. missesd most of the fun!! ingal farming i remmeber happening often though,..
dam spoil sports
but it's all about finding out how this round is to be won and before anyone else does,.. in this case it's sorting out the diplomacy earlist to ensure victory over those bellow u,...
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:07   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
r6 pyramid farming? :-)
"How sliekas ended up with all the roids."

Unless you're questioning me over whether or not it actually happened?
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:11   #28
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
"How sliekas ended up with all the roids."

Unless you're questioning me over whether or not it actually happened?
I just got a mental image about PA players running around hunting pyramids..
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:17   #29
Rocko

Quote:
I just got a mental image about PA players running around hunting pyramids..
or walking around with pitchforks and ho's and rakes, in a farm growing pyramids
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:38   #30
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Its nothing special, trust me.
The integrity part, or the galaxy?

Because I am quite sure that integrity is something people playing these games could use more of, even though this has probably been that way since the dawn of time.

Quote:
So once again, politics, influence, who you know and who you can control played a key role in who would end #1 galaxy.
This is most certainly how it has always been. Except for round 16, I think connections has always been the most influencing factor on both galaxy rank and planet rank.

/Stating the obvious

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:51   #31
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
When I came back to this game, I was amazed by how well 1up was organised. They certainly are the best alliance in this game. What started to piss me off more and more, though, is that galaxy ranks are decided by your influence, by who you know and who you nap. I used to play with VisioN, where integrity and honor were first priority, even before winning. As such I couldn't identify with some parts of the way the game is played anymore.
Wait a minute so "Contacts not skill" decideds ranks. Strange that as I seem to recall you stating that it was "Skill not contacts" that decided rank on more than one occasion last round. Was that just because it suited you to be able to say that so you could just slag other people off and put them down to make yourself feel better?
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:53   #32
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

whole round was decided politically. who and when to fight (or not fight for that matter). so it is no surprise that top gal will also be decided this way.
i find it amusing that some incs and you come and whine on AD.

two thumbs up for 16:9 from me for actually fighting whole round, being roided and getting back on their feet to become top gal. even if not #1 gal
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:56   #33
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Wait a minute so "Contacts not skill" decideds ranks. Strange that as I seem to recall you stating that it was "Skill not contacts" that decided rank on more than one occasion last round. Was that just because it suited you to be able to say that so you could just slag other
people off and put them down to make yourself feel better?
planet ranks != galaxy ranks

And I'm talking about the fight for the top rank(s), As opposed to the fight for _a_ good rank.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:56   #34
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogg

1up ppl in 7:1 contacted you about attacking 1up planets in 10:9?
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 14:58   #35
Furyous

Quote:
Wait a minute so "Contacts not skill" decideds ranks. Strange that as I seem to recall you stating that it was "Skill not contacts" that decided rank on more than one occasion last round. Was that just because it suited you to be able to say that so you could just slag other people off and put them down to make yourself feel better?
Wakey, I'm not quite sure what relevance that has to this thread? Or why it is that you feel that you must attack XelNaga's character based on your past experience.

The truth is a mixture of the two, along with luck. I think my galaxy has done something to show that you can do very well without those contacts (I don't think any of us were paticularly influential when it comes to alliance activity), but ultimately a galaxy with fewer (albeit slightly bigger) active players have secured their victory through politics and contacts, rather than trying to go it with their playing skill alone.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:00   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Except for round 16, I think connections has always been the most influencing factor on both galaxy rank and planet rank.
To diminish my own accomplishments even bwmtc, pdmaster, jackie and others I don't recall so well organised a raid on rain and his galaxy without which it might well have been different. So even there it helped!

Rereading what you said you said 'most influencing factor'. Ignoring that it should be 'most influential factor', personally I'm not too sure if contacts are more important than logging in once a day but okay.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:02   #37
Furyous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treveler
1up ppl in 7:1 contacted you about attacking 1up planets in 10:9?
I think it goes more like, a 1up friend of the 1ups in 7:1 contacted Clogg (or his alliance) about attacking 1up planets in 10:9.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:28   #38
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
planet ranks != galaxy ranks

And I'm talking about the fight for the top rank(s), As opposed to the fight for _a_ good rank.
Your galaxy isnt a special case. Connections play a major part in all rankings and at all levels and always have. In fact your galaxy (and any other galaxy) is largely only ranked higher than others as it posses its own connections which have helped it acheive that position.

In fact the whole purpose of a multiplayer game like this is to have connections play a major role, thats why we are placed in galaxies and join alliances rather than playing solo
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:33   #39
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
What disappoints me the most, though, is a complete lack of respect that elviz and Sandvold have shown for myself. They capitalised on any minor excuse to get Sids permission and use their influence and arrange 7 wave attacks on our planets (which should be recognised as capitalising on an opportunity). That I can live with. But last night, they saw that it was going to be very close at resource spend, and so arranged for a considerable number of large members from Omen, SiN, Angels, TGV, Insomnia and 1up to hit us this morning.
After doing newscans and checking galstatus provided by Alexis, I have found no TGV'ers attacking 10:9 last night. The claim that TGV'ers was in on this are as I see it uncalled for.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:34   #40
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, one day without positive growth!

Quote:
That's one of the most pathetic statements ever to grace this forum. If it really bugs you that much, quit whining and do something about it. It's not like many players are busy fighting for alliance ranks any more.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:36   #41
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I think it goes more like, a 1up friend of the 1ups in 7:1 contacted Clogg (or his alliance) about attacking 1up planets in 10:9.
The 1up member who contacted Sin about hitting 10:9 was Storebo. He's now allianceless as a result. If you want his roids there'll be no 1up defence - but you might need to hurry to beat 1up members to them.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:43   #42
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

great dicipline from thou members i must say.... personal ego comes before alliancemates tbfh

and that for RANDOM galrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:44   #43
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

did he do it on his own? or did someone suggest to him that he should contact SiN for the raid (maybe someone in 7:1)?
if so......doesnt that person deserve to be kicked as well?
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:45   #44
Furyous

Quote:
After doing newscans and checking galstatus provided by Alexis, I have found no TGV'ers attacking 10:9 last night. The claim that TGV'ers was in on this are as I see it uncalled for.
Apologies. It showed up on one of our arbiters. Must have been a mistake.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:51   #45
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
did he do it on his own? or did someone suggest to him that he should contact SiN for the raid (maybe someone in 7:1)?
I can't see why the alliance would really care. More important is the 'who was silly enough to do it' issue.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:53   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
The 1up member who contacted Sin about hitting 10:9 was Storebo. He's now allianceless as a result. If you want his roids there'll be no 1up defence - but you might need to hurry to beat 1up members to them.
"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha."

In memory of Scouse.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 15:53   #47
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
I can't see why the alliance would really care. More important is the 'who was silly enough to do it' issue.
Actually you're wrong on that. If anyone in 1up tries to arrange incs on other members i most definitely care. And if I come across evidence of it, they're out too - no matter how many of them it is and even if it costs us #1 rank.

EDIT: To be fair to Storebo I should point out that nothing I've seen suggests that he asked for, or wanted, the 1ups in 10:9 to be hit. But he asked an alliance to hit there - and as a result of that 1up there got incs. If the 1ups hadn't got incs then there'd have been some consideration needed as to whether to kick him or not. As incs on 1up resulted from his action, no deliberation was needed and he was straight out the door.
Unread 8 Jun 2006, 16:01   #48
XelNaga

Quote:
Your galaxy isnt a special case. Connections play a major part in all rankings and at all levels and always have. In fact your galaxy (and any other galaxy) is largely only ranked higher than others as it posses its own connections which have helped it acheive that position.

In fact the whole purpose of a multiplayer game like this is to have connections play a major role, thats why we are placed in galaxies and join alliances rather than playing solo
Our galaxy ranked high solely due to the fact that we had luck on our exiles. That doesn't diminish the effort everyone put in, though. The early days of the round, we had to deal with lots of incoming, and we managed to cover almost all of it through a lot of work from both our allies, but even more our in-galaxy defense. I doubt any other galaxy did that well. I think we've been through most top 10 allies, and dealt with all of it. Unlike 7:1 who had members of every major alliance, we showed most of them we were not worth being hit, that had nothing to do with influence and connections.

The only NAP we ever had was with 1up, and that after they showed they're another caliber than others alliances, plain and simple. Yesterday's succcessful raid was mainly due to us becoming to careless and most of the incoming being reported late, making it almost impossible to figure and sort it all out, and I'm sure we'd have managed to cover most of it again if people had been online soon enough, even now we're still doing well. It would still have cost us the fight for rank #1 either way.

I'm not saying in any way 7:1 didn't have to deal with incoming, but I seriously doubt it was of a similar caliber. Either way, you can't take away the achievements of any of the 2 galaxies, and that's a completely irrelevant topic.

For the other part of this post: I've never claimed anything different, so I don't see why you go on about it.

And pig: our galaxy is special.

Unread 8 Jun 2006, 16:02   #49
XelNaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
That, we will probably never know.

Unread 8 Jun 2006, 16:07   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
And pig: our galaxy is special.
The only galaxies I'd ever consider "special" (unless you mean mentally retarded here) would be galaxies like Mercury & Solace or Esthar which achieved consistently high rankings over a number of rounds. Unfortunately the current nature of buddypacks and random planets really precludes anything that successful from appearing again. Personally I'd love to see it given one more shot.

Frankly the fact all bar one of you had planet-NAPs with 1up makes me chortle myself off into another dimension where great galaxies are built on how many people you can NAP and not how hard it is to kill you off.