User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:39   #1
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future
Misleading labeling

Edit: Apologize to mods

Anyway, the 'Average Score' thing under universe is, in my opinion, highly misleading. It by no means reflects the average score, and in some cases can be very very far from the actual average score of the alliance. In fact, hypothetically you could have a number thats very far away from the real average score of an alliance.

So I propose either of these two options:

1) Have the total alliance score divided by the total number of members currently in the alliance and re-label the category 'Average Contributed Score'

Or

2) Have the ticker actually add up the current scores of all the members in the alliance, and divide by the total number of members for the *actual* alliance score.

Thanks
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21

Last edited by NitinA; 8 Oct 2006 at 21:28.
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 19:54   #2
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: Misleading labeling

The moderator did not remove the thread, I did as it was mine, and went way off topic.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:11   #3
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

If only the best 60 members of an alliance are counted towards total ally score, why should there be any other way to count the AVG Score?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:16   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

personally I'd like to replace the average score column with total value, as that then gives an indication of of the allainces strength - which I think is important given that alliance score is based on gain of planets. Say for example a #5 ranked alliances recruited some big planets late in the round, its score would not in crease. So the #6 rnaked alliance might delcare war thinking it could win. In fact as the planets were big the #5 alliance has lots of value and hence ships and so wins the war. Therefore I think given how score works now value needs to be shown.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:24   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Why would you give intel away for free? Hiding strenght, bluffing, intell, and not knowing everything surely is a fun part about politics, no?
I cannot see how giving away total value is good in any way :\

(oh and I agree with Veedeejem)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 20:29   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Why would you give intel away for free? Hiding strenght, bluffing, intell, and not knowing everything surely is a fun part about politics, no?
I cannot see how giving away total value is good in any way :\

(oh and I agree with Veedeejem)
knowing total value is hardly knowing everything.... it still leaves plenty to find out.

Remember its the smaller alliances who probably have a greater turn over rate in terms of members, by showing total value we would be helping theese alliances make better decisions and hence perhaps keep a few more players.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 01:13   #7
Error

Error is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really nice

its always about the little people......unless your a midget then its not about you as your scary

Proud to have been ND
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 15:33   #8
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
personally I'd like to replace the average score column with total value, as that then gives an indication of of the allainces strength - which I think is important given that alliance score is based on gain of planets. Say for example a #5 ranked alliances recruited some big planets late in the round, its score would not in crease. So the #6 rnaked alliance might delcare war thinking it could win. In fact as the planets were big the #5 alliance has lots of value and hence ships and so wins the war. Therefore I think given how score works now value needs to be shown.

anyone wanting to know value would just look on sandmans
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote