User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 02:53   #101
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Predictions Round 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
#1 - PA Team
#2 - Orbit
#3 - BoS
#4 - BIG
#5 - G-II

You heard it here folks!
Damn! It all makes sense now!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 04:58   #102
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

1. 1up If they're playing? If so it's hard not to expect great things.

2. NewDawn They have Gate (insert heart shaped smiley here)

3. Angels Surely should consider themselves contenders for the number one spot, just need to want it enough.

4. TGV Held roids well, and defended really well last round, with the new score system could be a suprise high finish for TGV.

5. Subh Didn't fulfill their potential last round, expect at least 5th spot, Could push higher.

Yes I'm serious.

An unrelated ps. JBG: Your eloquent posts are a pleasure to read.
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 08:33   #103
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyodor
when trying to predict next round we need to look at a few things.

1) Will being a value player be more rewarded than being an xp player?

a)If pa goes back to a value system. I see the old guard and new comer lining up in the top 4 spots:

In no particular order

1up: They are always a force, but I wonder how much gas is left in the tank. Playing at such a high level every round has to show serious effects at some point. After last round when all the work put in, magically dissapeared and was gone forever almost over night, I have to believe they are rather demoralized at this point. Are they the old heavyweight champion hoping for the last fight of glory or have they faded away?

Angels: With an uber active alch, irvine, officer crew and core members. I can see them winnning it easy should 1up stumble. Last round they seemed not to know which way to steer the ship. One thing alch is great at is keeping Angels of one mind and one goal. I still dont think theyve run on all cylinders since their inception and if they ever find their full stride, look out.

ND: Theyve proven they can hang out in the top 3 time and time again. They have a quality core, but I think alot of that has been due to the command the past few rounds. If the command is as strong as its been in past rounds ND will be top 5. If the command is strong and DLR moves back in the fold, they can make a run at the number 1.

Subh: I know very little about them but with the strong showing last round, I think if it was a full on value round, then they would have been able to show there chops in battling it out with 1up for the top spot.

The sleepers for the top 3 could be HR and VgN both solid value alliances and vgn showed its adaptability by slipping into xp mode rather seamlessly.

The two X factors in all of this is 1) who has the most Exi players in their midst. If an old guard alliance could add 15-20 exi players to compliment their core, they would be tough to beat. 2) Whats up with Lch?

b) If the game rewards xp I see Asc, xVx, TGV and Vgn making solid #1 runs with the the old guard alliances/subh who go all out xp looking to spoil their chances. In other words, its wide open. I also see the retiring of a few alliances.

2) Its a summer round which historically are taken less seriously as they are played less actively. In a value based universe if 1 of my top 5 value alliances can keep 75-80% of their members active, they will have to be the favorite. In an xp unverse, the summer doesnt matter.

What it comes down to is there are to many what ifs in my mind to easily predict, so in the spirit of March madness im going to take George Mason, erm, i mean [BIG] for the Win!
Both alch as Irvine quit PA so I guess it'll be up to me ...

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 08:36   #104
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Everyone seems very suprised by my pick of Angels for #1. Don't worry, I was suprised too.

But if Angels believe that they can win the round, I think that they will. If they adopt Kj's attitude and expect to finish #2 and lose to 1up, then they probably will finish #2 and fold when 1up come calling - as they inevitably will. A value round is all about desire, and the winner will be the alliance who wants to win the most.
I will do whatever it takes to make sure we don't win and end #2 ...

That just made asmuch sence as your post did ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 10:21   #105
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My point is that Angels will have to go for #1 to get #1. We're seeing increasingly that PA is all about desire (the desire to win), especially in value-orientated rounds.

At the moment Angels posters seem to be setting their sights low and don't seem to be expecting to challenge for #1. This is the wrong approach if you want to win the round. If you just make peace when 1up come calling, you won't win. 1up's energy was sapped in Round 16 by their war with ND, while Angels had a comparatively quiet round. It's all for the taking now, and it'd sadden me greatly if Angels don't step up to the plate now.

No matter what the command issues, Angels has a great set of players. That's why you'll inevitably be in the running, because many of those players always have high-scoring planets. It's up to the HC to utilise that strength - and please, do so.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 10:40   #106
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

or, they are cleverly underplaying their hand.

I can't decide which I think it is. Part of me doubts they have the intelligence to hide their egos and underplay their hand.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 10:41   #107
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
My point is that Angels will have to go for #1 to get #1. We're seeing increasingly that PA is all about desire (the desire to win), especially in value-orientated rounds.

At the moment Angels posters seem to be setting their sights low and don't seem to be expecting to challenge for #1. This is the wrong approach if you want to win the round. If you just make peace when 1up come calling, you won't win. 1up's energy was sapped in Round 16 by their war with ND, while Angels had a comparatively quiet round. It's all for the taking now, and it'd sadden me greatly if Angels don't step up to the plate now.

No matter what the command issues, Angels has a great set of players. That's why you'll inevitably be in the running, because many of those players always have high-scoring planets. It's up to the HC to utilise that strength - and please, do so.
First of all, I fully agree that Angels have a great set of players. But you have to bear in mind that alot of Angels have quit this game, including a great deal of officers and yes most of the HC's aswell.

Make no mistake, I'll focus all my efforts in getting my alliance to the top spot. But at this current moment I have other worries to take care of. Sorry if I came accross as if we don't want to end #1. I'm just saying we're less favourites then we were in previous rounds.

This being said, we will play next round and we're not planning to take a break or anything.

to Qebab, you better prepare yourself for r17 m8, because we're counting on all Angels

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 10:42   #108
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
or, they are cleverly underplaying their hand.

I can't decide which I think it is. Part of me doubts they have the intelligence to hide their egos and underplay their hand.
And with that you basicly meant my ego ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 11:24   #109
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Angels have a chance of being solid considering next round will be more pro value and they were a very solid value alliance last round. They'd have to be pretty moronic to get rid of the same team for next round.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 11:26   #110
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Angels have a chance of being solid considering next round will be more pro value and they were a very solid value alliance last round. They'd have to be pretty moronic to get rid of the same team for next round.
Unless a great part of that same team quit PA.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 11:49   #111
Graham
Colax

Graham is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Predictions Round 17

I think Heroic will make the top 15, and not just because im in that ally, but they have come far in only 2 rounds. Finished 23rd last round
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 12:02   #112
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Both alch as Irvine quit PA so I guess it'll be up to me ...
Lord have mercy on our souls...

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 12:09   #113
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Unless a great part of that same team quit PA.
Sorry if i'm being insulting, but why do Angels have such a talent for imploding like this?
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 12:16   #114
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

l

Quote:
Sorry if i'm being insulting, but why do Angels have such a talent for imploding like this?
It has nothing to do with this. Several Angels (like alch, irvine, Alki, Superfly (4HC's)) have decided to quit PA because they no longer have the time to commit to PA and to Angels in particular.

Call it whatever you wish, Lokken, but there is no blame nor shame in people deciding to quit PA. I however do not understand why you'd assume we have a talent for imploding?

Anyway, no insult taken m8.

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 14:10   #115
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

What are the odds to a Insomnia vs F-Crew war?

While im on the subject, are top10 allies allowed to war with f-crew now or is that still frowned upon by the F-Crew HC? ;P
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 14:17   #116
lokken
BlueTuba

Re: l

Quote:
It has nothing to do with this. Several Angels (like alch, irvine, Alki, Superfly (4HC's)) have decided to quit PA because they no longer have the time to commit to PA and to Angels in particular.

Call it whatever you wish, Lokken, but there is no blame nor shame in people deciding to quit PA. I however do not understand why you'd assume we have a talent for imploding?

Anyway, no insult taken m8.
If there's an alliance with a fantastic talent for shooting itself in the foot multiple times, its angels.

This round has been a great example of that. "We were terrible" etc. Actually, I thought you were pretty ok. Didn't make a nuisance of yourselves and played to a solid value plan (OK it didn't work out as XP ruled the roost). People are running themselves down and walking away, when really the best thing would have been to consolidated. The point is, there was vague hope of Angels becoming a successful alliance and now it's gone again.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 14:33   #117
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
While im on the subject, are top10 allies allowed to war with f-crew now or is that still frowned upon by the F-Crew HC? ;P
F-Crew itself never dictated to other alliances that they shouldn't go to war with F-Crew. However, most top 10 allies took it as a given that it would generally be a bad thing to go to war with F-Crew because of the bad publicity and the poor XP gains expected.

However, I think that people are waking up to the fact that each round F-Crew have some very good players who present worthwhile targets. On the last day of Round 16 Vengeance targetted the top F-Crew planets which worked out pretty well for us.

I don't think that anyone will be going to war with F-Crew without F-Crew starting the war. However, if F-Crew are holding a spot that other alliances are after, I think it'd now be more acceptable for those alliances to aim towards F-Crew.

No doubt F-Crew will have something to say about this anyway.
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 15:07   #118
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
If there's an alliance with a fantastic talent for shooting itself in the foot multiple times, its angels.

This round has been a great example of that. "We were terrible" etc. Actually, I thought you were pretty ok. Didn't make a nuisance of yourselves and played to a solid value plan (OK it didn't work out as XP ruled the roost). People are running themselves down and walking away, when really the best thing would have been to consolidated. The point is, there was vague hope of Angels becoming a successful alliance and now it's gone again.
So you say I should've bluffed and claimed last round went pretty well and then obviously denying everything that went wrong and basicly lying to every person asking me something about the performance of Angels?

The fact you thought we did 'pretty ok' while each and every Angels realized and stated that we did not perform good or 'ok' really says enough. Or it could be that you value Angels so low that the achievements of r16 rather sounded 'ok' to you ...
But in that case we can/will only impress you

FA Gaming community

Unread 3 Apr 2006, 15:13   #119
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

We had little to no control over our members firepower, and didn't have the guts to kick members who did not defend, and chose to not participate in alliance attacks. Members prelaunched on most occasions, but a few, did not get out of bed to send defense during the nights, many not even when called multiple time, the dc shifts were not working, most of the workload was put on a very few people. People were given warnings to get more active, and they were even put of tag to get themselves shaped up, but it did not help. There were of course quite some exceptions, and good work to those who decided to stay.

But thing is lokken, when it is like this, you have a whole lot of deadweight, and since they attack but do not defend, they will have roids, and recieve incomings - and in a heated moment with many incomings, the dc at guard will have 10 calls to handle and defend those with most roids without checking the defensepoints. So the inactive deadweight will recieve defense, and those who decide to help will most likely not recieve very much for their help. This was a big problem last round. The fact that the Head DC decided to shipjump did also not help very much.

No, my friend, Angels as an alliance was very much a disaster last round. The way it can be a success again, is to get the core back, and have people such as Superfly, alch, and [Irvine] active again. And last round, the core players who played weren't very comitted, and those from outside the core had next to no commitment at all (exceptions though, for instance pdmaster).

If you honestly believe that Angels performed well last round, you don't have all that much insight in what happened. For those who cared, and did their jobs, it was a waste of time - there were simply so many people who dragged us down (I dare to say I did my job until I quit. I was simply not able to do my job, and a few other peoples job through the entire round.)

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 16:06   #120
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

What happens when I get drunk for a few days? Mek creates a post I wanna read, and 160 people reply to it. Now its all long and stuff

Having no idea about whos playing and whos not this round, Ill have a go at predictions.

1. 1up
2. Angels
3. Insomnia
4. Subh
5. Aschendacy(if thats even correctly spelled)
6. ND
7-12. ToF xVx HR VgN etc

(afaik eXilition and LCH arent playing this round?)

And why is Fish going on about Insomnia disbanding to people who wasnt responsible for it. If you want to know what happened, ill be happy to tell you...

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 18:16   #121
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

For the love of god people how hard is it to spell ascendancy
Unread 3 Apr 2006, 18:19   #122
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
F-Crew itself never dictated to other alliances that they shouldn't go to war with F-Crew. However, most top 10 allies took it as a given that it would generally be a bad thing to go to war with F-Crew because of the bad publicity and the poor XP gains expected.

However, I think that people are waking up to the fact that each round F-Crew have some very good players who present worthwhile targets. On the last day of Round 16 Vengeance targetted the top F-Crew planets which worked out pretty well for us.

I don't think that anyone will be going to war with F-Crew without F-Crew starting the war. However, if F-Crew are holding a spot that other alliances are after, I think it'd now be more acceptable for those alliances to aim towards F-Crew.

No doubt F-Crew will have something to say about this anyway.
Hmm. I always took it that noone goes full blown war on F-crew (we are targetted a fair bit though) because they understand that we hit whole gals and so everyone equally. Therefore its kind of a if we dont hit you, you wont hit us. Works well for both sides really. Should point out F-crew do cover most attempts to hit us. Vgn only got through on last 2 days as noone reported any calls.
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 03:27   #123
Scream
Drunken Penguin

Scream is an unknown quantity at this point

well my predictions r:

1 - Angels
2 - NewDawn
3 - 1up
4 - InSomnia
5 - Ascendancy
6 - Subh
7 - F-Crew
8 - HR
9 - xVx
10 - Vengeance

if anyone is still interested in this as most peeps talk about other things...

Proud to have been:
WolfPack
LCH[]
InSomnia
Destiny

and now hunting in NewDawn
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 03:44   #124
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
Hmm. I always took it that noone goes full blown war on F-crew (we are targetted a fair bit though) because they understand that we hit whole gals and so everyone equally. Therefore its kind of a if we dont hit you, you wont hit us. Works well for both sides really. Should point out F-crew do cover most attempts to hit us. Vgn only got through on last 2 days as noone reported any calls.
It is pointless to hit one of the major sources of the PA talent pool...

Fair enough if there is a few F-crew members that have too much roids.
but to attack f-crew as an ally is just not right.

Even though they have the most annoying gal attacks going...
you dont know which fleets are suicidial
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 12:02   #125
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Even though they have the most annoying gal attacks going...
you dont know which fleets are suicidial
I'm actually lol!

More on topic: I'm starting to think this round may be a bit unpredictable so i retract my predictions
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2006, 23:15   #126
lokken
BlueTuba

After a while moderating this thread, I am happy to reopen this thread. I decided to restore it and reopen it, simply because this is a round upon round thread and I felt it needed to be preserved regardless of the intentions of the thread initiator.

In modding this thread I have done the following:

- deleted every post regarding insomnia
- edited every post regarding insomnia, while ensuring to preserve the thread content.

I was most displeased that this thread was deleted when it was one of great use and interest to the playerbase as a whole.

As such I have decided the following:

- Insomnia lost the argument that was at hand in this thread - this is highlighted by the tactics employed by insomnia and the fact the thread was deleted.

- As a result no further mention of this issue will be made in this thread. It is a settled issue (and it is for Insomnia to prove this forum wrong in game) and as such, is offtopic. Failure to comply by discussing whether Insomnia will finish the round or not will result in an automatic ban. I have no wish to hear further submissions from any of you on any thread on this forum. Both sides' posting was of a pretty low standard, however strong any respective arguments were and quite frankly, when I go out of my way to keep vital threads open, I can't be bothered to have the drivel repeated.

- I will hear no protests on what I have done here in this thread, or via pm on IRC. The method of communication will be of my choosing and this will be via the private message function on this forum. Posting on the forum about how i've moderated this thread will get you an automatic ban and pm'ing me on IRC will just get me telling you how to contact me and then ignoring you.

Finally, to address the issue of bias. My main concern here was to keep this thread open. Insomnia, while some of them have got a pretty damning verdict, I've done spadeloads to help them to ensure they don't want this thread deleted. As for those on the other side, I've given them the victory as an independent referee.

There will be no discussion of my post on this thread. Quoting it in your post is pretty much a surefire way to get me to go straight to the mod tools and act accordingly.

[

Last edited by lokken; 5 Apr 2006 at 23:55.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 10:22   #127
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Once upon a time I was falling in love but now I'm only falling apart, I deleted all your posts in order to save lokken's heart!
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 10:30   #128
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Once upon a time I was falling in love but now I'm only falling apart, I deleted all your posts in order to save lokken's heart!
See I was right, you are a manipulative MOD ***** !!

Btw stealing quotes emo lyrics is like ... not cool !!

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 Apr 2006, 11:23   #129
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

nazi moderators :/

I WIN END OF DISCUSSION!

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 11:53   #130
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

my happy bunch

1.1up
2.ND
3.Angels
4.InS
5.Subh
6.VGN
7.TGV
8.F-crew
9.xVx
10.SiN
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 12:24   #131
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

My New top 5 (in no order this time):

1up
Angels
Asc
Ins
ND
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 6 Apr 2006 at 12:45.
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 12:30   #132
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

For what its worth:

1.1up
2.Subh
3.Angels
4.ND
5.Ins/asc/vgn

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 6 Apr 2006 at 12:45.
Proxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 13:15   #133
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

While a war is never a positive thing unless its in relation to the top spots, F-Crew would have no qualms if an ally decided to go to war with us, we understand we now play in the top 10 with several strong players and should expect to get hit.

Our previous annoyances and complaints about the issue have been the repeated bashing of the small and new players while the bigger players were left alone. In a war yes we expect the smaller players to get hit too , but at the same time our bigger members should also be receiving the same kind of incs rather than just the singling out of the smallest among us and bashing them repeatedly.

We shouldnt expect not to get hit because of our Training Alliance tag and by all means if the gains are there go for it, just dont go all out to kill the new players were trying to bring in or gang up on us for no real reason or gain.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 13:29   #134
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Thats the problem with some people, they don't recognise the risk/reward of hitting a larger target is much more it than bashing a smaller target where they are a cert to get through.

Numerous waves on small targets by alliance BCs is just retarded though, and you should be content that they are wasting their fleets during a war. (should this be occuring)
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 14:31   #135
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Yeah their wasting their fleets, but those fleets are causing new players to the game to become demoralised and quit. And thats the last thing that we want really. Us bigger uglier ppl can generally last out the hits alot longer than the new guys.

Anyway just clearing up F-Crews stand on wars
Back on Topic
Predictions
1. 1up - always fighting for the top and if ascendancies claims of a lower performancethis round are true then definately the top ally out there
2. ND - have proved they can mix it up with the other top allies time and time again, would be nice to see them proving me wrong and ousting 1up this round
3. Subh - 2 good rounds behind them and getting better with experience, will be big players this round
4. Angels - poor showing last round but hopefully lesson learnt, they will come back stronger this round
5. VGN - steady and reliable ally with a strong showing last round, looking for a repeat performance.
6. F-Crew - expecting a close fight for the lower positions based on the competition the last few rounds, bias favours my ally leading
7. Insomnia - if they survive the round they should definately be in the mix for the 5-10 placings
8. TGV - steady performances, with 3 rounds at 8th its gotta be good odds
9. Ascendancy - claims to be slowing down for R17, very possibly be much further up the list
10. [BIG] - Very strong first? round and will definately be in the mix with VGN/FC/Ins/TGV as they gain experience and ability
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked

Last edited by The_Mad_Keg; 6 Apr 2006 at 14:44.
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 21:03   #136
JonnyBGood
Banned

1) ND, but only if DLR return to the fold so to speak.
2) Angels
3) 1up, for a number of reasons I don't see them being that motivated this round.
4) Subh
5) VGN
6) Insomnia
7) TGV, and again!
8) Ascendancy
9) F-crew
10) BIG
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 21:13   #137
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

why on earth are you guys rating the BEST ALLIANCE EVER so lowly for next round
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 21:33   #138
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

cos everyone will bash them. + i dont think anyone would agree there the best ally ever
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2006, 22:14   #139
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
if value is perked up for r17 (don't shout if the new stats have been mentioned, i don't know or care), TGV will be finishing higher than most of you are suggesting.
An inability or unwillingness to adapt to the particular circumstances of a round is hardly a strong point for an alliance to focus on.
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 00:12   #140
lokken
BlueTuba

TGV lack a cutting edge when compared to the likes of ND/subh/angels who are more than capable on their day of causing decent alliances serious problems.

This is before we're even talking of 1up.

In my opinion, they'll do well to finish top 5.
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 00:45   #141
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Yeah, us finishing top 5 last round was impossible due to it being an xp oriented round and we focus on giving members defence. Should be interesting to see if XP will have the same impact on the game this round.

If anyone cares im willing to bet that there will be atleast one or two "suprise" alliances coming this round.
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 01:26   #142
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Yeah, us finishing top 5 last round was impossible due to it being an xp oriented round and we focus on giving members defence.
lol Say.. why did you keep the TGV xpwh0res? I shared BP with two of them last round and was amazed they were allowed to continue like that despite what you and your co-HC's had been saying about XPwh0ring.
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 01:36   #143
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
lol Say.. why did you keep the TGV xpwh0res? I shared BP with two of them last round and was amazed they were allowed to continue like that despite what you and your co-HC's had been saying about XPwh0ring.
Kretin was off and on in tag, we used him as score dump when we wanted to add value members and added him back in when we got lagged behind. He was of no real value for us cept in score and he knew that, in return he got to go on ally attacks etc

Horn was kicked as you may know. But he actually provided defence on several occasions.
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 09:01   #144
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
I never said they were unwilling to adapt. They do however have qualities such as high activity amongst their members that would lend themselves to a value based round. This would not "hinder" their ability to play a round orientated more around XP, in the sense that they would fail to adapt, but it would neutralise the advantage to be gained from high activity, therefore levelling the playing field*.

*and i attach no positive connotations to this
Don't be a complete moron. There are huge advantages to having high activity when you're playing for xp. I know in my gal tomkat gained like 20 places the last week of the round or so through high activity as a zik xp whore.

As regards surprise alliances I see nobody has placed DOS who were earlier "announced" as playing this round.
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 09:09   #145
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Don't be a complete moron. There are huge advantages to having high activity when you're playing for xp. I know in my gal tomkat gained like 20 places the last week of the round or so through high activity as a zik xp whore.

As regards surprise alliances I see nobody has placed DOS who were earlier "announced" as playing this round.
Lol, if you claim Insomnia will not finish the round then what to say from DOS, who can't even manage to stay alive for 2 full weeks ...

I think pple remember the little journey DOS took and hence don't really count them as top10 material. Up to them to prove us wrong.

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Apr 2006, 09:36   #146
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I had high expectations of DoS last round, I was very disappointed when I heard they had disbanded.
I hope this round will prove to be different for DoS and InSomnia and that they both finish the round.
Both of these alliances could be a big suprise, my money is on insomnia though

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 09:42   #147
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Lol, if you claim Insomnia will not finish the round then what to say from DOS, who can't even manage to stay alive for 2 full weeks ...

I think pple remember the little journey DOS took and hence don't really count them as top10 material. Up to them to prove us wrong.
Hence why they'd be a surprise if they finished top ten...
Unread 7 Apr 2006, 09:43   #148
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I had high expectations of DoS last round, I was very disappointed when I heard they had disbanded.
I hope this round will prove to be different for DoS and InSomnia and that they both finish the round.
Both of these alliances could be a big suprise, my money is on insomnia though
My money is invested in an e-penis enlargement for JBG ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 Apr 2006, 10:10   #149
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
My money is invested in an e-penis enlargement for JBG ...
ANOTHER e-penis enlargment for JBG????
how many more does he need?

Unread 7 Apr 2006, 10:21   #150
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
ANOTHER e-penis enlargment for JBG????
how many more does he need?
hence it's a good investement

FA Gaming community