User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:21   #1
ph8
Banned

ph8 is on a distinguished road
Talking Go Go Wolfpack

Is it just me or have Pack really risen in the rankings this round? I was with them two rounds ago before I started my stint as a PA Admin (Go 'Pateam alliance'!) and they were doing well but never usually made it higher then 3rd or 4th - what's happened this round?

I know most of their staff and they're a brilliant bunch of guys (and girls) so well done peoples, go drive 1up into the ground for me!
ph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:24   #2
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Go Go Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph8
go drive 1up into the ground for me!
Admin bias!!!112233
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:28   #3
ph8
Banned

1up have bashed me into the ground many many times

/me restores the 1up ships that 'disappeared' recently and glances around guiltily *g*
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:31   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

/me coughs loudly
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:38   #5
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

heh true wp are having a really nice round... thats the first round since like rd4 oi see wp as a contender for the victory.
i dint think i would see that again.
Lei~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:39   #6
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

the rounds still early days yet. too early imo to be calling it in favour of any alliance. things can change as the round goes on.
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 06:43   #7
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
the rounds still early days yet. too early imo to be calling it in favour of any alliance. things can change as the round goes on.
Agreed. But I would like to say I'm proud of the job our Wolves have done so far

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 07:10   #8
Lei~
~Gon

well the round might be early but normally i knew at this time that WP wouldnt win the round...
so definitely an improvement
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 10:43   #9
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

I'm not playing this round, so don't kill me for being uninformed, but with what alliance(s, if any) is WP allied or NAPed atm?
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 11:18   #10
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Always nice to see Wolfpack in top

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 11:43   #11
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Three points to make.

1) This is just a continuing trend from previous rounds, where wp have been steadily improving and moving up the ladder.

2) Not to detract from their performance, but they have more players than everyone else, and aren't involved in any block wars that can remove 25% of their roids in 1 night.

3) Mistu were in the same position in round 12, as impartial roiders taking advantage of the distractions going on. How carefully they select their targets will determine whether the universe lets them continue or not.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 12:13   #12
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

The question is at what stage in the round will the alliances behind WP realise that with only a certain amount of ticks left, they better stop the inter block war and start targeting WP if they want a chance of catching them
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 12:39   #13
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

I seem to remember WP as joint winners of round 6.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 13:00   #14
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

arent all alliance fighting with eachother and WP taking the easy roids? - anything new, heh

edit: however, still well played so far

[]LCH[] ..lets change history

Last edited by Nitros; 17 Apr 2005 at 13:05.
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 13:02   #15
Lei~
~Gon

did i play rd 6? no therefore for me they havent been a contender until now.
Except in rd 4 or something shortly after their foundatioon in any case
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 13:16   #16
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Go Go Wolfpack

There cruisin!!
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 14:42   #17
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

yea, didn't all the top 10 gals in r6 tag Brotherhood? (wp&nos)

btw still too early to make predictions about this round.
veeery open atm.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 14:42   #18
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

WP will stay top untill one of the blocks targets them
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 14:46   #19
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

and ND will die when we start targetting them
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 14:54   #20
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens
ND dont die before WE want it to

oh and btw, beste tells me to slap you with love from him

Proud to be Newdawn

Last edited by SteInMetz; 17 Apr 2005 at 15:03.
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 15:20   #21
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mens

dont kid urself
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 15:39   #22
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

It's fascinating how member numbers can virtually make people blind.

For me, one week of Angels and LCH do what they did the past 2 days - they'll en route themselves to dethrone Wolfpack.
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 17:58   #23
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbie
3) Mistu were in the same position in round 12, as impartial roiders taking advantage of the distractions going on. How carefully they select their targets will determine whether the universe lets them continue or not.
Mistu were impartial last round? Is my memory faulty or were Mistu quite actively seeking war with 1up last round.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 18:05   #24
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

Right at the start? I thought MISTU roided everyone until everyone turned and wiped them out. Guess my memory must be faulty :/

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 19:05   #25
Nskel
Bored Guy

Nskel is an unknown quantity at this point

WP is doing well this roud, but I agree it's to early to say who wins. Tho, You can stil 'speculate'. I'm partial tho ^^.

:: RD4 [NRK] :: RD5 [NRK DC] :: RD6 [Guild WC] :: RD7 [WP FC] :: RD9 [WP FC] :: RD9.5 [WP FC] :: RD10 [WP FC/BGC/RC] :: RD10.5 [WP FC/BGC] :: RD11 [WP FC/BC ] 14.9.9 :: RD13 [WP FC] 2:3:4? :: Rd 19 [Who knows?] ??:??:??
Nskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 19:37   #26
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'd like to see how Wolfpack hold up in a proper war, it's just something I find interesting. So far, all I've seen of them in alliance conflict was where they got hammered by FPM in PaX.5, and where they turned up (very) late to the party last round and did some nice attacks, such as fleetcatching cocteau. Neither of which was a very good indicator of their capabilities in a protracted conflict.

Maybe if our block somehow wins, I'll be able to face Nitin over swarms of followers and a bunch of battlecalcs.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 19:50   #27
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

theyve yet to involve themselves this round tbh so u dont know there capabilities, though i have to admit rabba has done an amazin job turnin there mil around, but as i said no1 knows there capability yet.
p.s. i see what u mean by wp would be a changed alliance this round rabba<3
Unread 17 Apr 2005, 21:12   #28
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

they just holding the roids for everyone with 5% interest added.
Soon the loan sharks will want there roids back.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 10:46   #29
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

I know ware u live noah
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 12:17   #30
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Did WP come off the fence yet?
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 12:54   #31
Yaroslav
Whooopaa!

Yaroslav can only hope to improve

In fact it's funny how not being in a block is staying out of the war nowdays, when blocks always were considered as the most horrible thing in this game.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 13:24   #32
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
I know ware u live noah
I wouldnt attack wolfpack unless it was by accident m8ty :P
I likes wp remember

p.s I know where YOU live.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 13:32   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaroslav
In fact it's funny how not being in a block is staying out of the war nowdays, when blocks always were considered as the most horrible thing in this game.
Misconception #1 about Planetarion.

Blocking has had little to do with bad rounds. Infact, it's equally as likely to produce a good round as a bad one when you look closely.

Blocking is actually a legitimate tactic, it is when it is used to the point of stagnation and abused when it is totally counterproductive.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 14:10   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken

Blocking has had little to do with bad rounds. Infact, it's equally as likely to produce a good round as a bad one when you look closely.

Blocking is actually a legitimate tactic, it is when it is used to the point of stagnation and abused when it is totally counterproductive.
Now, a rant from a person who has no clue about official standings of any of the related alliances. Just in theory.

So, lokken, what do you feel about the universe's situation at the moment? From a theoretical view of a person not very into politics, it seems that a significant part of the "top alliances" at the moment are in the same side of the fence, while the people on the other side of the fence are thrown to average roid counts less than 300 (which is, frankly, quite close to the *average size of a planet in the universe*, which includes newbies, inactives, and other 100-roid planets). Now should an alliance or two "on the fence" "participate", do you think it would "help" with the current political situation, or would it, as noah stated earlier, just result in the "inevitable" -25% size per night -style?

And, would this go on to stagnation? Or an interesting round?
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 14:49   #35
Yaroslav
Whooopaa!

Yaroslav can only hope to improve

Quote:

Blocks can give a nice round yes, but in the PA experience basically most of rounds with big blocks finished after first weeks, and became stagnated quite fast. Anyways I didnt mean to start a block discussions, I just pointed out that blocks are considered a bad thing for the majority of players (that post in forums) , and I found it funny that wolfpack is always considered either a fencesitting alliance or just a lucky ally in the right block. It has been this way since r6, and guess that that will never change
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 14:56   #36
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was generalising about Planetarion over time, because condemning blocking as wrong is just going over the top and is simply hysteria.

I agree, that over the past 2 days 1up and co seem to have been under it from nigh on everyone. However, there will be a time when someone will need to find better targets to catch up with the leaders (or pull away from the pack) so it will happen naturally soon enough. They are losing badly currently because it's the start of the round, and people are going out (presumably) to get revenge and are paranoid at the threat they pose - eventually people will realise that actually you need to win, and they'll have their own gameplans i'm sure. The winner this round will be the ones who are in it for the long haul. Alliances should remember that he who laughs last, laughs loudest.

My view is that there are alliances participating, just because they aren't necessarily complicit, doesn't mean they aren't participating. Will there be stagnation? Only HC's know that. I do think burnout might well be a factor in this round, as it seems very intense, so alliances may well fall flat on their fact simply because they can't keep going at such a relentless pace.

I am not playing this round, but i still keep up with the game through my various contacts (I have no time to be woken up at 4-5am) and so far i've had plenty of positive reaction to my logbook, so I presume I'm keeping up with events quite well.
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 15:41   #37
Lei~
~Gon

as long as blocks keep shifting and roids changing their owners something must go right.
I like this round very much so far even inactive as i am
Unread 18 Apr 2005, 18:27   #38
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
My view is that there are alliances participating, just because they aren't necessarily complicit, doesn't mean they aren't participating. Will there be stagnation? Only HC's know that. I do think burnout might well be a factor in this round, as it seems very intense, so alliances may well fall flat on their fact simply because they can't keep going at such a relentless pace.
This is a nice paragraph. It's still early round (well, first quarter, third or whatever is starting to shift into second), and there's a lot to happen yet. Most obviously, though, this round will be (if not burnouts) a test of fortitude. With the given stats, roids can come and go, and seeing people demoralized this early is quite... Sad. Personally I bet five cents on a potential burnout on myself, though.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Unread 19 Apr 2005, 19:27   #39
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

WP is indeed doing well this round, they have some extremely capable HC in there, and I sort of saw this coming after they're great performance especially late round 12. Will be interesting to see how they hold out when they start being activily targetted by the blocks. GL WP!
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 13:56   #40
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Maybe if our block somehow wins, I'll be able to face Nitin over swarms of followers and a bunch of battlecalcs.
The pleasure would be all mine

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 14:03   #41
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Let's wait for WP having to do some real fighting. (just my personal opinion)
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 14:41   #42
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
This is a nice paragraph. It's still early round (well, first quarter, third or whatever is starting to shift into second), and there's a lot to happen yet. Most obviously, though, this round will be (if not burnouts) a test of fortitude. With the given stats, roids can come and go, and seeing people demoralized this early is quite... Sad. Personally I bet five cents on a potential burnout on myself, though.
I agree. Sadly I have to report the first burnout - myself. After a lot of late-night/early-morning DCing, running dry on defence as every ally is, I then exiled from my crappy galaxy and spent 2 days on pro plus watching my planet being ravaged by opportunistic alliance peons while I tried to get exiled again. It took 4 hops to get to where I am now, and I was completely drained.

All I can do is salute VGN for letting me take a few days off DCing, etc, and sleep. I'm back again ofc, but I doubt I'm the only one. This round can get very demoralising because of the problem with covering calls, since you need about 3x defence value to stop an attacker capping roids. It's sad, and all alliance HCs should be thinking about how they will keep their members going in a few weeks time.

-furball
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 16:23   #43
Tietäjä
Good Son

The motivational issue with defence covering is indeed a huge one. It's difficult to have members realize it actually happens a lot - it's just characteristical for this round and these statistics - and, what comes to defence command, inflicting damage to the attacker this round seems far better option than just trying to stop *it* from inevitably happening. You'll just have to make your members understand that roids aren't easy to hold. And that they are quite easy to cap.

Using 3x value defences just so that you can make your point and have that bcalc show one or ten lost roids instead of fifty or seventy is just a waste of fleet, and slots. Most people do realize landing is *bad* if it means you'd take average to heavy losses even if gaining roids.
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 21:37   #44
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
The motivational issue with defence covering is indeed a huge one. It's difficult to have members realize it actually happens a lot - it's just characteristical for this round and these statistics - and, what comes to defence command, inflicting damage to the attacker this round seems far better option than just trying to stop *it* from inevitably happening. You'll just have to make your members understand that roids aren't easy to hold. And that they are quite easy to cap.

Using 3x value defences just so that you can make your point and have that bcalc show one or ten lost roids instead of fifty or seventy is just a waste of fleet, and slots. Most people do realize landing is *bad* if it means you'd take average to heavy losses even if gaining roids.
however, XP is the key to doing well in this situation. Everyone is gaining and losing roids, and if you are landing on someone with a higher value than yourself, its worth landing even if you take big losses, for the XP. Even if short term your score goes down, your XP will never leave you, and your ships may have left you the next day anyways.
Unread 20 Apr 2005, 23:53   #45
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Let's wait for WP having to do some real fighting. (just my personal opinion)
the ouzo def god ? heya
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 03:30   #46
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Hmmm. Did anyone mention OuZo ? I doubt Heartless is playing.

lo Kree m8
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 03:48   #47
ph8
Banned

We don't put enough weight on defence - i'd like to see more rewards for it!
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 08:18   #48
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
however, XP is the key to doing well in this situation. Everyone is gaining and losing roids, and if you are landing on someone with a higher value than yourself, its worth landing even if you take big losses, for the XP. Even if short term your score goes down, your XP will never leave you, and your ships may have left you the next day anyways.
And this is why, in a war situation, defence can also be important. If you can dissaude some small enemies from landing on your biggest value/most roid player, you can prevent an enemy alliance getting a tasty score boost, of 1.2k per roid... 1 point denied to your enemy may not be worth one point of your own, but it's very useful nontheless.

And hence why, several times this round, I've landed on quite nasty bcalcs and come off fine \o/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 09:07   #49
Tietäjä
Good Son

And especially for a smaller player, loosing large portions of fleet doesn't necessarily cut it. If you loose the a major piece of your roids the next night, you're bare naked for a while. Of course, you can hit newbies with more value than you got for JUICY xp and be very useful in for example, defending, once you've got your fleet wasted.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 13:38   #50
SimbaX
Can't Touch This

SimbaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity

All I can do is salute VGN for letting me take a few days off DCing, etc, and sleep. I'm back again ofc, but I doubt I'm the only one. This round can get very demoralising because of the problem with covering calls, since you need about 3x defence value to stop an attacker capping roids. It's sad, and all alliance HCs should be thinking about how they will keep their members going in a few weeks time.

-furball
a truer word has not been spoken this round :/
SimbaX is offline   Reply With Quote